The Sweet Song of Sacrifice

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a high dose of sedatives instead? Or a blow to the head with something heavy, for that matter >=D

Maybe that Dark Knight's sword? Give 'im a good whack with that across the back of the head, should calm him down >=D

I can't join, after all...I got too much on my plate.

Sorry, guys. Have fun without me. ^^

Aww... Too bad to hear that, Mowkie. Feel free to come back if/when your plate clears up a bit though ^_^.

okay sorry about my absence on posting, I am usually a lot better at this. Work has just been kind of taking up a lot of my time.

So uhm... Does anyone have an idea for how I can rejoin the group?

holy shit I hate hangovers

I am trying to push us towards the temple as fast as I can... I think we should mini time skip the jungle area and get to the temple. Anyone against that?

hey I know this is a slightly stupid thing to ask, but I want to make this rp a lot easier for all of us. I know that I am in the US and central Time and calamity is also US central time, what time zone are the rest of you? I just am curious as to what times would be best to get on for everyone.

GMT+0 for me.

Reactions: Neobullseye
GMT +1 here. Go Europe! *high-fives Gaz*

Reactions: Gaz
okay that was actually helpful thanks guys XD, so you never answered my question, what style of rp fights do you guys prefer, do you like them scripted or do you want to have a bit of a strategy game XD

Scripted fights kinda suck, imo.

I... don't really understand the question. What do you mean by 'scripted'?

okay a scripted fight is where, I give away what the monster can do, and you guys figure out how you want to defeat it. I mean its not really fun and there is no risk for losing, a lot of rpers tend to like that style. The challenge style is quite literally you guys vs me. I get a monster or 2 with different abilities and I choose what they do, you guys try to choose things to counter me.

So for example either we post like.

Monster A swings its mighty blade, in reaction ryle dodges and sends out a wind blast. (semi scripted because its all in the same post, basically scripted means the players have control of the monsters too)

or non scripted

Monster A swings its mighty blade attempting to strike down Ryle in a single blow.

Response post

Ryle just barely rolls out of the way of the monsters attack and sends out a small wind blast aimed to knock the monster down.

The first style is usually used in heavily story driven rp, where everyone just wants to stare at their characters actions. Where as the second style is based more for a game like rp, where you have to keep yourselves alive.

(sorry if this was long winded, I used to teach how to fight in rp, on some other sites, its hard for me to get out of the teaching habit XD)

I think it means the outcome of fights are pretty much decided on from the start. I've had that before in RPs in the past, where everyone was pretty much spectators to watch the GM's overpowered characters or NPCs dominate enemies and all the actual players just kinda watched.

*hands Gaz a cookie and grants him a hug* "I am sorry you had to experience that kind of terrible rping"

Reactions: 2 people
*hands Gaz a cookie and grants him a hug* "I am sorry you had to experience that kind of terrible rping"

Ha, thanks. I always kinda hate it when RPers kinda wanna show off how "badass" their character is, especially if they're also GMing or directing the story. Like, who really cares?

Ah, I see. In that case, the latter is obviously better. I thought you meant that, but the fact that you mirrored it against 'strategy' confused me. I thought the former would essentially be freestyle for everyone, while the latter would be a puzzle of sorts.

Yeah, the latter is certainly better. I don't want to write "Ryle cuts his way through the fiends like a mothafucka", I want there to be an opportunity for failure, fuck ups, humilation and injury and I want my character to get punished if he does something stupid. Knowing Ryle, that'll happen often.

Sorry I didn't mean to say it in a confusing manner. I am very happy to see that you guys want the good kind of rp fighting rather then the egotistical insanity that tends to just kill rps. I will never try to kill everyone, simply because a certain super cute gm will have my head XD. I can't wait to see how you all do in the first rp fight of this FFX tribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.