The Sweet Song of Sacrifice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were trying to change the subject!

...New topic: Did any of you guys ever do some self-imposed challenges in RPGs? For example, only using one character throughout the entire game or using a party consisting of only healers, only using magic (which includes a ban on (magic) items, Summoning, Special commands and possibly even the Defend command), No-Death runs, things like that.

Not with FFX, but when the HD rerelease comes out I'm gonna try a no SPG run.

I've done a few FFV challenge runs as part of the http://fourjobfiesta.com/ and they're really fun. You guys should try it this year.

I did a FJF run once too. I managed to get all the way to the CbT last area. Then RL struck, leaving me witout time to finish the run >_<
IIRC, I had a Hunter, a BM, a Berserker and a Geomancer -- meaning no healing aside from items for most of the game. I ended up giving everybody Flame Rings so that I could use the BM as a makeshift healer :P

Ha, you got a Berserker too? I actuallycouldn't complete my last FJF because all I had left was my Berserker at a certain boss and I'd forgot to save lately. Good times.

Fun Fact: Aside from the obvious effect, Equip Bows also grants the recipient character the Strength and Agility of Hunters, both of which are quite a bit higher than a Berserker's. Give it to a Berserker, then equip said Berserker with the Hayate/Gale Bow. You now have a character that is very fast, very strong, has innate Confuse immunity due to being constantly Berserked, gets a 50% damage boost from said Berserk status and uses X-fight about 25% of the time. Since s/he's wielding a Bow, s/he also does the same damage from the Back Row, allowing you to equip gear that's weaker in terms of defense but grants boosts to Strength and Agility, then just put said character in the BR. All of this together made said Berserker my biggest damage dealer by a long shot.

Hell, even just the Equip Bows command greatly increases the Berserker's power by virtue of making him/her far faster AND raising his/her strength, even when you never actually equip a bow to begin with. It's things like these why I love FFV ^_^. With the right strategy and ability combinations, you can turn even 'weak' classes into powerhouses.

Interesting! Yeah FFV is probably my favourite game in the series, I've completed that game over a dozen times and I'm still finding things new to love about it! :D

So, anyone getting the HD rerelease of FFX/X2? You Americans can finally get your asses kicked by the Dark Aeons and Penance.

I first bought FFX and X2 when they came out, but I have no clue where they went after we beat them. But a couple years ago, my brother found a copy of X online and bought it. I haven't had a chance at a replay yet. It has been forever since I've played the game. I miss it! XD

I'll post first thing tomorrow (When I get home from work, that is)

Awesome ^^ 8 Bit and I are just working on some evil baddies for you.

...On second thought, I might just run away with Gaz.

Reactions: Gaz
If I don't see a post by the end of your day I will personally make a scary as shit monster who will maim each of your characters for life. Or you could just post, and maybe ill make a monster that drops awesome cookies.

There,
dutchflagonusstamp500.jpg

Work kicked my arse yesterday, urgh. So freaking tired.

Lol. Drake is a clumsy dork.

Also I am worried at just how much time our beloved GMs are spending to devise monsters and death traps. Let me guess, the temple's gonna come to life and eat us?

Reactions: Neobullseye
Work has thorougly defeated me. Barely awake. Arggghhh

Work kicked my arse yesterday, urgh. So freaking tired.

Lol. Drake is a clumsy dork.

Also I am worried at just how much time our beloved GMs are spending to devise monsters and death traps. Let me guess, the temple's gonna come to life and eat us?

Don't give them ideas! D:
Also, it's totally Rina's fault that Drake fell down the stairs. >_>

Sorry, been stressed with RL stuff, will post soon.

its cool gaz, works not letting me breath so I probably won't be able to post myself until monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.