The Siren's Song [ CS ] (Always Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an otherwise well done post, the only change I would like to make is that I have set the Lycanthropy in this world to be Full/None version. As you are either Fully formed or not at all, SO if you would remove his hybrid form. Otherwise, Great post! Once hybrid form is gone.... Accepted.

yes, lycanthropy is not a race, it is a magical disease. In Carrn's case, his entire clan are descended from Dwarves cursed with it via a bite, and the breeding made the lycanthropic power stronger. In pathfinder terms, its why they have DR 10 vs Silver, and not DR 5, which is what afflicted lycans have. In RP terms, it manifests as turning into a much larger creature than normal, since Lycan's usually don't get much bigger than themselves when they shift.

Also, where is the actual RP thread? I don't see a link anywhere in the intro post. Are we all just starting on the boat, getting to know one another, or is there some specific set-up for getting us all together?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wating for one more person to join, then I will post the IC thread. (though if nobody shows by tomorrow I'll post one anyway.)

@poisonbite01

In fact, there's 2 types of lycanthrophy, one is what you said about the magical disease, which is a "curse", if that's the case, the affected person can't control his morphing ability, it will happen against his will, and there's the racial lycanthrophy which borns with his morphing ability, for that reason tthey are able to morph at their will.

Do some research if you want.

Well it depends on the lore you are researching, but yeah, racial lycanthropy. That's exactly what Carrn has. He was born with it, as are all the dwarves in his clan. what I was saying was that your physical race and being a lycanthrope, whether it is a born lycanthrope or not, are not connected. Are you saying that there is a specific race I'd have to be in order to be a lycanthrope in the lore you are reading?

Guys guys, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I guess there's always twists to lores depending on where you're from and the both of you are probably right anyway. Besides, I have a hunch everything doesn't have to go exactly by the book in this RP. (Says the one with a male harpy. xP)

Though I kinda like how poisonbite01 made a dwarf lycanthrope. Very clever, I wouldn't have thought about that myself. :d

• Love
Reactions: ACasualBrit
I didn't mean for my posts to come off as aggressive or argumentative, I'm just curious about where Zackymas is getting his info from.

All right guys. It's time. I'm now making an IC thread.

Im not getting the info from an specific place, that's just my knowledge about lycanthropy, but if want a specific source go to google AND Wikipedia and you will see of what im talking about, to make it a bit more logical you could say that they are hybrids...

IC Thread is UP!

Is on first post

Well lycanthropy has always been a curse or a disease. Most lore involving them, save D&D settings, only have one race: Humans. Thus, they'd only have examples of human lycanthropes. The wikipedia page would be talking about humans inflicted with the disease, I'd imagine. Just like vampirism is a disease in most settings, so is lycanthropy, and just as a dwarf can be bitten and turned into a vampire, so too can a dwarf be bitten and turned into a werewolf (or wereshark, as it is in this instance), if the setting has both weres and dwarves in it.

I'm just not understanding where the original confusion came from XD

First of all, who is talking about D&D???

Now, like i have explained lycanthrophy can be a "curse" or a racial aspect, if your character born with lycanthrophy he is neither a LYCAN (race) or he has been cursed while in his mother's belly OR he can be a hybrid (half lycan half dwarf in this case) Finally, lycans and were(animals) ARE NOT the same.

Look for diference in google

Also, i havent said that your character cant be a dwarf and suffer of lycanthrophy, i said that he cant be a dwarf and a lycan(race). If your dwarf was bitten or cursed that means that you are a were and not a lycan, for that reason you cant control your morphing ability.
Keep googling ifyou dont believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.