The Sentence

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Technically 4th floor. Oblivious Eleena missed the attic stairs.

Yes, it can be used while holding someone, at a penalty to maximum distance.
Yes, you'll have to roll against Speed to flash step before someone does something else. What do you plan on doing?
This is going to sound really stupid, but my character can't live forever anyways.

My plan is to grab Melea and/or Natalya (depending on whether I'm standing between them or off to one side) then flash step through the window, fall a little bit, and finally activate Selective Gravity and run down the wall to the floor.

Oh cool an update. Time for me to...

Do something.
*Technically 4th floor. Oblivious Eleena missed the attic stairs.

Yes, it can be used while holding someone, at a penalty to maximum distance.
Yes, you'll have to roll against Speed to flash step before someone does something else. What do you plan on doing?
*Shakes fist Angrily*

I knew I should of had her go straight to the attic. I knew it.

Oh cool an update. Time for me to...

Do something.

*Shakes fist Angrily*

I knew I should of had her go straight to the attic. I knew it.

The joke is...

I never mentioned there was an attic until after she decided to eat. :3

This is going to sound really stupid, but my character can't live forever anyways.

My plan is to grab Melea and/or Natalya (depending on whether I'm standing between them or off to one side) then flash step through the window, fall a little bit, and finally activate Selective Gravity and run down the wall to the floor.

If you want to take my advice, it would be not to try and out-speed Astra or Mimo. For plot reasons as well, I'd advise you stay.

If you want to take my advice, it would be not to try and out-speed Astra or Mimo. For plot reasons as well, I'd advise you stay.
Normally, I would totally take that advice, I figured plot reasons would come into play. My character, on the other hand, doesn't know how fast Astra is, doesn't know who is behind her, and is pretty fast. It is exactly what she would do.

So, if you roll the speed, we will see if I get to try this stupid plan of hers out.

Well uh. Wow. Okay.

Galina rolled a better Speed score, so she could feasibly grab someone and jump out. Attic is small enough that the distance reduction would still allow her to carry them out a window.

Well uh. Wow. Okay.

Galina rolled a better Speed score, so she could feasibly grab someone and jump out. Attic is small enough that the distance reduction would still allow her to carry them out a window.
Alright then. Since nobody specified the layout, will you have to decide who I'm in range to grab?

Well uh. Wow. Okay.

Roll for Eleena chasing them then, because that's the job she gave herself.

I still need to catch up on the IC though, so if Mimo told her to do something else then cancel that speed roll.

Roll for Eleena chasing them then, because that's the job she gave herself.

I still need to catch up on the IC though, so if Mimo told her to do something else then cancel that speed roll.
I don't think, from what I've read, that Eleena is in a position to see them yet.

Alright, I'll grab Natalya. Now, will I need any rolls to activate selective gravity on the way down?

Nope. Selective Gravity won't require a roll. Only when it's applied in battle.

I don't think, from what I've read, that Eleena is in a position to see them yet.

I indicated the gang's all in the attic now, so she can indeed see them.

Nope. Selective Gravity won't require a roll. Only when it's applied in battle.

I indicated the gang's all in the attic now, so she can indeed see them.
Ah, alright then, I must have missed that. I'll have my post up in a little bit.

This has sold me on dice RPs.

Ah, alright then, I must have missed that. I'll have my post up in a little bit.

This has sold me on dice RPs.

In a good way I assume?

Yea. When it comes to combat against other players, I learned the hard way that simply allowing people to battle as they please only leads to extensive meta-gaming, endless dodging, and inevitable bitching and moaning. Dice run by a GM ensures no one participates in a fight that will only end in disappointment (or one that doesn't end at all! xD).

I thought speed deciding first blow was something you didn't need to roll for

How would Eleena's overwhelming speed work then?

Two dice rolls?

Or would she simply go twice whether she's first or second?

\god I feel awful pestering GMs

In a good way I assume?

Yea. When it comes to combat against other players, I learned the hard way that simply allowing people to battle as they please only leads to extensive meta-gaming, endless dodging, and inevitable bitching and moaning. Dice run by a GM ensures no one participates in a fight that will only end in disappointment (or one that doesn't end at all! xD).
In a good way, I rarely get a chance to apply the skills of my character in an RP as they can be so fickle. So, this will be the first time my dramatic plan actually came began, let alone worked.

O right there was a small girl screaming

That'd probably be Eleena's primary concern.

Hrmm would she pull a Galina and 'rescue' the silver-haired girl first thing?

HRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Or is Galina going to save her.

Balls.

I definitely have to wait on Aza before deciding what course of action to take.

So Consistency was a lie. Q.q

*rereads the Guardian post* Oh, there's Eleena, the intensity must have made me gloss over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.