The Seaborne Chronicles | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Traveller's Guide @Kaide` @kanoro

Getting called a xeno and being told 'Begone' caused the creature's fur to bristle. It was one thing to be called an outsider by the people that had first rescued him, but right here and now, he was one of the crew. The large man was the outsider here, and Krim was just trying to help everyone. Ignoring the insult, grateful for the people that spoke up in his defense, he sidestepped the large frame and made his way over to the man that had been his original target from the get go. The pitcher was carefully set down on the deck and the make shift hands faded in a flicker of golden light as the feral made his way around the newcomers. He was sort of just bouncing between them to make sure they were alright, until he found himself close to a tomboy that was shivering and seemed to be close to hypothermia. His furred body moved closer to her and he sat down, offering to lend his body heat while the towels took their sweet time with getting passed around.

It was chaotic whenever there was one new member added to the large vessel, but this group was far larger and made things much more chaotic. Large ears pinned down and the rings around them were pushing the fur along his shoulders aside a little. Since there wasn't really much to voice up about, the alien felt no need to speak and waste his breath. Not for the moment, at least. If it was needed, then he'd pipe up again.

Satori listened to Allen politely, her hands clasped in front of her third eye, though she was sure her discomfort showed. She wasn't social by nature. In fact, this entire conversation went against her instincts as a recluse who shied away from everyone but the animals who depended on her. Part of her wanted to walk away mid-discussion, but... no. That would be rude. Besides, Allen was missing a creature he seemed to regard as his companion. His friend. It was the least Satori could do to help, and oddly enough, he didn't seem disgusted or horrified at her presence.

That's because he doesn't know what I am. Satori realized, immersing herself in his thoughts, He doesn't know what my eye represents. He thinks it's a... wait, a what? A heart device? He thinks I'm ill? The idea was so absurd, Satori cracked a smirk at the flustered boy, fully aware that the timing was inappropriate but simply unable to help herself. "No, I do not possess any heart problems. None that are conventional, at any rate. This is my third eye; it allows me to read..."

Oh no.

"...minds..."

She felt a horribly familiar pain upon her chest. Screeching, crackling voices that faded in and out with no rhyme or reason. Pressure was beginning to build up in her external organ, like the blood vessels there were going to burst...

Satori let out a hiss that bordered on feral, backing away from Allen and Malakim while futilely shielding her third eye with one hand. If one looked between her spread fingers, they would see that the pupil was heavily contracted with the strain from Malakim's presence. Something about the man Satori privately regarded as some sort of demon or god made her third eye go crazy. What is wrong with me? What is wrong with that man? I thought perhaps the salt water did lasting damage, but this cannot be a coincidence. There's no way my third eye just happens to act up again.

Regardless of the reason why, the fact still stood that just being close to Malakim caused her distress. Something had to be done about that, especially if they were going to be travelling on this ship together. Satori couldn't help but glare at him resentfully as she retreated into the shadows, dodging one of the men who came to bring her a towel and waving him away.

I don't know how or why you're doing this to me... but I'll get to the bottom of it soon enough. I always do.

(( @chaosheart13 @Traveller's Guide ))

@Sumirenko @Traveller's Guide

Melody gently took the man's hand in her own. It felt rough, kinda like flaky leather, and he stifled a shout at the touch. Unsurprisingly, it hurt when burnt flesh was touched by just about anything. Her clean white doctor's gown stood in direct contrast to his dirty working uniform. She looked into his eyes and smiled reassuringly as her aura began to envelop his hand and regrow the dead skin. The old skin began to peel off and fall to the ground like a snake shedding its skin and the man sighed in relief.

Their hands were separated and he flexed his newly grown fingers about in wonder. "Thank ya kindly, miss," he spoke, flashing her a grin. "Those engines ain't the sorta thing ya should be messin' around with." Melody returned a sympathetic smile of her own, before turning to wash her own hands in the sink.

Suddenly, she heard shouting from the med bay doors, "We've got newbies! Looks like they're mostly unharmed, but grab some towels." Melody turned just in time to see someone dart off. Possibly another doctor working a different shift. I'd better not waste any time. Melody remembered how freezing the waters were when she arrived and wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone. With a stack of 10 fresh towels she left the Medical Bay and began weaving through the hallways. Despite her own impressive sense of direction, finding her way anywhere on this ship was hard. Luckily, she did manage to make it to the flight deck after a few wrong turns with the help of landmarks: pottery shop, gothic doorway, guitar guy....I should really thank him for his consistency someday.

Having finally approached the scene, Melody's eyes immediately fell on the 8-foot behemoth. Suddenly her own 10 towels felt awfully small, but others seemed to be supplying their own as well, so it should be fine. Melody pushed through the crowd and slowly approached the giant, setting half the stack down at his feet. Hm....who else? A tomboy, a scarred albino, a bearded man, the giant, and....oh no, not another kid. It's bad enough that adults are getting torn from their families, but kids? For heaven's sake, she's cowering in a corner.

Melody walked up to her, maintaining a distance of about 20 feet or so. Okay Melody, just pretend you're caaaaaarefully approaching a wild animal. Grabbing the first towel on the pile, she draped it over herself and grinned to show its intended use. It couldn't hurt I suppose; maybe she's from a place without towels. Melody placed another fresh towel on the ground and slowly pushed it forward toward the girl, stepping back a bit to allow her to maintain the distance.

Last edited:
Blasphemous heathen! Filthy alien scum! Knife gripped tightly, Malakim kept his eyes trained upon Krim, instinctual hatred enriched by millennia-old loathing roaring at his mind, a mind nurtured upon the glorification of hate and genocide, to strike, to tear. The drawn blade consisting of three feet of adamantium remained still as the Lamenter's tense gaze inspected every singular movement of the furred creature's conduct towards the veteran, analysing every visible muscle that could be used for violence.

But all the alien did was place a bucket with what appeared to be fresh water beside the man.

Malakim could contain his urge to kill. But he could not keep the disgust from creeping upon his features, even more so when the thing crawled over to one of the other civilians. Human and Alien willingly consorting together, the mere thought called forth revulsion from his innermost being. He suppressed the desire to spit. A slight, begrudging sliver of respect occurred, seeing how the being would not back down even when threatened. Though that might have simply been more telling of its lack of wits.

At least the alien could be contained as needed. For now, it seemed... harmless to the civilians. He recalled the Imperium had some minor trade relations with the Jokaero, if only because those creatures had a unique expertise in micro-weaponry and expressed no interest in expansion beyond close-knit families.

What drew his ire tenfold more was the unsanctioned psyker in their midst. The Astartes's glare met the mage's own "It is not you that I distrust. Not even your powers. It is the things that would crawl into your mind and wear your skin." Malakim tilted his head, analysing the man's assorted clothing. He had neither visible defences nor a proper handler to hold his leash. Slim chances.

Saying no more, Malakim sheathed his knife again. All too lividly he remembered Rinas II, when an Enslaver Plague took hold. The cave in which his company and he found hundreds of afflicted victims, men, women and children. All of their bodies were entirely devoid of skin, spines and ribs unnaturally twisted and coiled to form portal-like structures, even as shredded innards and veins hung from their ossein, flesh still kept alive by immaterial forces. Through them streamed an unending flow of psyrens, large spherical bodies wrapped in leathery skin, all intent on infecting more.
But worst of all was that each and every one of these afflicted was still fully awake and conscious, gazeless eyes weeping and toothless mouths screeching in pain. The few that still had functional vocal cords ceaselessly begged for death.

Thousands died that day, receiving the Emperor's Mercy. Had the Lamenters not intervened, the planet would have received the verdict of the Exterminatus, condemning billions more.
And it all started with a single unsanctioned psyker.

If this 'mage' showed any signs of possession in the future, Malakim would end him before he could annihilate the entire ship. Hatred for the Alien was third only to hatred for the Daemon and the Traitor.

He was pulled from his bleak thoughts only when a slighter figure made her way through the crowd. Seeing how Malakim had done little to earn favor from the Enterprise's people by responding his rescuers with an armed threat, it came as no surprise that while the others of his group were swarmed for aid, he mostly just received suspicious stares.
Not so much from this one that liberally stacked up several towels in front of him. Amongst humans she would probably be pleasant to look at. Malakim arched an eyebrow, musing gaze following how she slowly approached the purple-haired girl, akin to tribesman that was getting ready to skewer trapped prey. Had his mind not been busied with grief, frustration and loathing, he might have allowed himself a slight, mirthful smile. If only for the absurdity of it all.

Then the Lamenter's eyes wandered from Melody to Satori, meeting the latter's stare. Whereas the others mostly just kept to wariness, this one bore outright dislike. A strangeness, to be sure.

"Is something the matter, citizen?" he inquired towards Satori with reserved curiosity.

@Luma @Navuso (Commented On)

@Kaide` @Sumirenko (Addressed)

The older man was confused by the reason for closing his eyes, a mage? What exactly was that supposed to be? It didn't ultimately matter much, considering he just decided to go with the idea presented to him and closed his eyes... Which quickly led to some rather strange feelings, followed by him opening his eyes to find himself and the others on the deck.

Before he knew it some... Creature was approaching him (probably something from those eastern countries, maybe a sort of pet?) Before the creature approached however, the veteran was struck by a slightly nasty (albeit short) fit of coughing as the last of the water left his lungs. Just as the creature was about to get within reach the swimming-man stepped in it's path, calling it a Xeno (serving to confirm it must be from somewhere far away!)

Clearly the creature cared little for the man, who was clearly a soldier himself, as he simply went around. The old man would normally refuse drink from such a strange creature but considering everything that happened he assumed it could not get that much worse and took a drink before passing it on.

Mathison had done his best to keep quiet for the first few moments but he needed to know who he was dealing with before he could but that wasn't exactly easy when he saw the 'people' around him. The fact some seemed to be panicking a little certainly didn't help, though due to his currently unfocused thoughts he hadn't been listening to just why.

After a few moments his eyes settled on the man the soldier had saved before, so he approached cautiously. "You alright boy? Seemed to be having trouble out there."

(( @chaosheart13 - Spoken to
@Navuso - Referenced
@Traveller's Guide - Referenced))

@Sumirenko @kanoro

Allen looked at Satori in confusion as she mentioned she didn't have any heart problems. The confusion fell away when she said that she was able to read minds. "Huh, so you're a psychic? Personally never met one before, though I've heard of them," he commented. Psychics were a little on the rare side, but there were plenty of psychic type Pokemon that knew how to read minds. So it wasn't odd for him at all that she was able to do so.

He looked at her in worry as she backed away and protected her third eye. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked before sneezing, "'Scuse me. You okay? You're kinda pa-" He began to cough harshly, interrupting whatever he was going to say. It seemed as though there was still water in his lungs.

After his coughing fit, he took in deep breaths of sea air. He grimaced and hoped that his own terminal illness wouldn't be aggravated here. Someone then addressed him and he turned his head to look at the man. "I'll be alright, just...water. Can't swim," he said. He grinned sheepishly at him before he began to stand up. His legs were a little wobbly, but his leg braces would hold him up.

It was a mistake to refuse the towels earlier, not that she was likely to admit it. It was even cooler in the shade, combined with Satori's damp clothes and the salty breeze that found its way into her nook. Previously standing, she was forced to kneel down and wrap her arms around her shivering torso, conserving as much warmth as possible. Great. This day just keeps getting better and better. Now everyone can question my sanity as I hide away from the man who wants to make my third eye explode, and I can become an ice cube. Satori groaned and rested her head on her knees. I hate this ship.

She got a few moments of silence to herself, stewing in her own negativity, before she detected someone else approaching her. Someone... new. Without bothering to lift her head, she tentatively ventured into the stranger's mind and examined her thoughts. She wants to help me? Well, I guess it could be worse... Oh. Oh, great. She seems to be treating me like a wounded deer caught in a bear trap. Satori felt the urge to roll her eyes, but could she really blame Melody for approaching her like an animal? She had certainly acted like one back there. She had let her more feral instincts seize control over her rationale.

Satori decided to at least humor the girl despite not wanting help, raising her head slightly to peer at her from over her fingers. A crooked smile found its way onto her features when Melody draped the towel over her shoulders. Does she think I'm incapable of speech? Hmph. I may have acted unreasonably, but that doesn't make me...

A few more moments of observation revealed the truth. Her mocking reply died upon her lips; she felt a mixture of realization and shame. She is mute. I should have known. My cynical wordview is going to bite me one of these days. With this in mind, Satori decided to offer a second attempt at being nice, pushing herself to her feet and approaching Melody with a slight tilt to her head.

"Thank you," she murmured in a voice as smooth as silk, bending down to pick up the towel and wrapping it around her body, "I appreciate it. The wind really is blowing, isn't it? This wasn't an appropriate day for a swim. In any case... my name is Satori. Satori Komeiji. Your name is Melody, correct?" She plucked the name out of her head with a faint smile. It was a nice name, and seemed to suit her. "It's nice to meet you. I wish we could have met on better terms. Now you don't need to waste any more time with me- I'm sure the others would appreciate your kindness, as well..."

Then, a deeper voice questioned her from behind Melody. Malakim. Satori's eyes narrowed again, and she took a step back, fixing her gaze on the giant with a mixture of anger and caution. Luckily, she wasn't close enough to be directly affected by his kind, but the threat still stood. "I'll be fine, as long as you keep your distance. I don't want any trouble, you know. I am well aware that mind-reading must be uncomfortable for someone with a lot to hide, but that's hardly a reason to attempt to kill me every time I get close, correct?"

(( @Traveller's Guide, @Luma ))

Last edited by a moderator:
( @Sumirenko @kanoro @chaosheart13 )

Melody returned an apologetic look to the girl as she displayed an understandably unamused look. At least that's how Melody interpreted that sarcastic grin. Maybe the whole wounded animal routine was a little extreme, but it beat scaring her further.

As the girl stood and accepted the towel, Melody's first reaction was victorious relief, but her eyes immediately focused theselves on that strange looking eye. Is that normal for her? That can't be a healthy place for such a sensitive part of the body. What would the world look like with a third one down there? Are there any more organs on the outside?

Satori....what a strange nam-- wait, did she just call me Melody?
Melody's eyes unfocused in confusion as her mind tried to make sense of this. Did someone say I was coming? Mm, that'd make sense. They must've mentioned I was on my way to help. But did anyone know I was coming? Melody just slowly nodded in response to the "It's nice to meet you."

As soon as Satori mentioned the others, Melody snapped out of her trance of inner monologue. She was right; this was a pretty large batch of newcomers that were likely just as cold and possibly even injured. With this realization she took the towel off and approached the exhausted young man and the older one beside him. Let's try treating them like actual people this time Melody, she thought to herself as a sarcastic reprimand.

As she wrapped the two men up in fresh towels she continued to listen to the conversations bouncing back and forth. Luckily it looked like everyone here was okay. Wait wait wait, mind reading? So she can hear me?! Melody proceeded to check the younger man's vitals, though she appeared giddy with distraction. The sort of excited grin that, given the attractiveness of the young man she was checking on, might easily be mistaken for thoughts of another nature.

Can Satori really read my mind? So I could talk with her, just like this? Or maybe it's mind reading that's more vague? Like memories or feelings. Hmm.... oh! I'll just think of the first stupid thing that comes to mind and if she laughs I'll know it works. Err....floral arm guitar! Oh gosh, that really was stupid....maybe she wasn't reading me? Melody suddenly turned to look at Satori as if she was expecting something.

Reactions: Sumirenko
Valonmura simply opted to stare at Malakim as he gave his explanation for his apparent hostility. His expression remained neutral all the while; though he visibly relaxed somewhat as he sheathed his weapon. His gaze shifted over to the apparent commotion of the young pink-haired girl. He raised his brow questioningly, but before he had a chance to inquire on the needs of the girl, a voice broke through the crowd.

"Greetings, civilians."

The voice was noticeably robotic in nature, though identifiable as male. Those that looked towards the source would find a moderately tall, eerily metallic humanoid approaching the group. His stride was calm, collected, until he eventually stopped with his feet planted firmly on the metal deck.

His red, striking gaze shifted up at the much taller behemoth that was Malakim. "I see you have all just arrived." As he spoke more, some would notice how his voice was for the most part monotone; though there were vague attempts at simulating human speech through dips and rises in his voice. It wasn't very convincing, but at least he was trying.

"My name is PLEX," The robot would place his hand gently upon his chest as he looked at the group as a whole. "You are currently aboard the "U.S.S Enterprise". You are all very luck you arrived when you did. We are due to begin sailing soon." There was a pause as he briefly gestured towards Valonmura, whom he stood next to. "I see none other than Valonmura has assisted you all aboard. Such a promising arcanist, right, Valonmura?"

"Right..."

"If it is any recompense," The robot would clasp his hands respectively behind his back. "You all are not the first to arrive like this. Though answers are few and in between in these troubling times, I will try to see to it personally that you all have a smooth transition into every day life on this fair vessel."

--

Eagerly accepting a towel from one of the people bringing them over, Aleks began the process of trying to dry herself off, shedding herself of her jacket and leaving herself with just her white t-shirt. Unfortunately, whites were notoriously prone to being see-through when wet. Aleks quickly realized this, folding her arms over her chest in some attempt to hide her undergarments underneath. Play it cool. This was fine.

With the towel slung haphazardly over her shoulder, Aleks stood there with her arms crossed, seeming utterly bewildered by the appearance of PLEX. This day just seemed to keep getting weird and weirder, it looked like.

"'A smooth transition into every day life on this vessel'?" She repeated with a deadpan. "Seriously? I think you should start with telling us why the Hell we're here." She looked towards the others, her gaze questioning. "Right, guys?"

@chaosheart13 @Sumirenko @kanoro @Traveller's Guide @Navuso @Luma

In a distant land brimming with fire and iron, a massive tower rose high amongst the surrounding kingdom. The loud clangs of metal and stone could be heard from within one of the uppermost rooms of that tower. Exposed as it was to the outside world, thick gusts of wind entered and exited the room as two figures seemed to dance around each other within. One of which was an oddly armored giant who rose far taller than the only doorways in and out of the room, dwarfing his assailant easily.

The reflective polished floor allowed him to easily slide across the room to dodge a searing ball of fire launched by his assailant, the swordsman gripping his massive blade tightly as he seemed to dash across the open room in an instant. The assailant rolled out of the way as the long blade sliced against the floor he once stood upon, using the short time the knight took to steady himself to attack him.

The giant leaped back out of the way, his wounds leaking his very essence upon the polished floor beneath as he aimed the tip of his blade towards the assailant and lunged forward. The attacker ducked under the blade and pressed both hands against the Swordsman's chest piece. Another great blast of fire sent the warrior slamming into the pillars behind him. The pillars buckled under his weight, several falling to more easily reveal the open air beyond.

The knight gave a low grumble as he rose once more, then leaped into the air towards the attacker before bringing his massive blade down. Once more the attacker rolled out of the way, but the swordsman was prepared this time, suddenly one of his large hands shot from his weapon's handle and grabbed hold of his assailant. Standing up, the warrior tossed his foil into the air as he reared back his blade with the other.

It punctured cleanly the attacker's body, and soon the large blade glowed as its hunger was slated by his quarry's blood. Once charged enough, the swordsman flicked his blade and launched the assailant off of it. Surprisingly, the short individual wasted no time in standing once more before glaring at the swordsman who readied his blade.

As the warrior's glowing sword was readied, the attacker's hands lit once more with more searing fire. As one they launched powerful magic at each other, yet the warrior's travelling slash of magic which glided towards its target with haste was nearly completely swallowed by the enormous fire ball which seemed to span the entire room. His eyes widened beneath his helmet, but the warrior had no time to dodge before the fireball connected with him and launched him through the remaining pillars and sent him spiraling towards the ground at the base of the tower.

As he fell, Sir Alonne resigned himself to defeat. A fair, honorable duel between two powerful beings resulted in him coming out on the bottom. It was more than he'd expected from his end, as the time went by the Swordsman had feared that he would be taken by some kind of foul play or die a meaningless death no one would remember. This... this was fair to him...

Accepting that, he gripped his blade in both hands and brought it close as the ground below rushed up to meet the giant figure. But as soon as he was sure his massive body was to crumble against the merciless ground, he suddenly found himself sinking into it.

Within his helmet, his eyes shot open to see an eternal mass of blue surrounding him. The confusion which suddenly plagued his mind becoming inconsequential as the realization that he was sinking forced the warrior to glance upwards. Carefully he slid the large blade into a tiny strap on his back, designed more to hold the large weapon instead of sheathe it. With both his hands free Sir Alonne swam for the surface, thanking the light construction of his armor for not slowing him down too much. Once his helmeted-head broke the surface, the warrior took a moment to fill his lungs and steady his floating before glancing about.

Water...water as far as the eye could see...

His eyes narrowed as questions and possibilities raced through his head, this wasn't where one of his ability deserved to die. Before he could get to deeply into that train of thought, he turned around and immediately spotted the massive floating structure not too far from him. It resembled a boat in some aspects, but must have been some odd island of metal. Yes...metal, that realization caused the large man's brow to furrow within his helmet as he immediately assumed this was some inane ploy by his former master.

With that in his mind, Sir Alonne simply floated for a moment as he closed his eyes and steadied his breathing. Then he took a large breath and began swimming towards the behemoth of a structure, determined to sate his curiosity.

Reactions: Traveller's Guide
Malakim tilted his head, his Lyman's Ear clearly picking up Allen's words as his eyes remained trained on Satori. "Another psyker..." he quietly exclaimed, reservation on his face turning to suspicion intermixed with fatigue. But what Satori might have picked up from his mind was that he plainly pitied her for her existence. "I am hiding nothing, nor have I attempted to kill you." He spoke clearly.

What Satori might have seen in his mind right now would have been a scene he found most familiar.
201301411692_zpsbbqiblln.jpg

To him, it seemed like that past was repeating itself.

"Ransacking my mind will not do you any favors, psyker." He added emphatically "Two centuries I have spent fighting in the Emperor's name. I have beheld things that drove men mad. But above all else, you will find little beyond bloodshed and misery."

He wasn't lying. Had Satori insisted on probing his mind, she would have beheld a childhood spent cowering in dark crevaces whilst nigh-constantly wearing a breathing-mask to filter out a poisoned atmosphere. Then a slight moment of reprieve, as from the skies blessed angels descended, to take those who were promising. A singular moment of youthful triumph as a teenager rammed the muzzle of a shotgun into the leering visage of outcast eldar, the brutal push shattering teeth and jawbone before a pulling of the trigger left the cranium a shattered mess of brain and gore. Reserved neutrality as a youth was cut open with a saw, strange organs insistently sewn alongside growing innards.

What followed was a series of bloodshed, unbridled brutality flashing rapidly as a flood of images. The soaring upon wings of fire, propelled by a jump-pack as a power armored form weighing well over a ton crashed from high above into lines of traitor-guardsmen. The visual feedback of a bolter-shell digging into soft tissue, the diamantine-tipped shell tearing its way through flesh and bone before detonating in the center of the innards. The serrated sound of a chainsword's whirring, monomolecular teeth rapidly eating into the bulk of an ork, the xeno's hoarse screech ending only when the blade mulched away its heart.

[BCOLOR=#000000]
Had the youkai been powerless to stop herself - or been foolish enough to delve deeper - she might have felt what Malakim experienced in the memory of that day, when his mind was exposed to the Enslaver attacks. The feel of inhuman psychic tendrils scratching across her mind, simulating the feeling of being torn to pieces and put back together again. Perhaps she would scream, unheard by any, even herself. Perhaps she would be silent, only to hear cruel laughter, awful voices whispering, tearing at her mind and soul. There were hungry grunts in the cave, intermingling with the cries of pain, and then other voices that expressed an obsessive longing to taste her spirit, to ravage it as others would the discarded pieces of her flesh. They would send her howling, begging for oblivion, to have never existed, and when they had decimated her body to nothing but blood, when her soul was ragged to but a strip of despair, they would repair her and begin again.
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Do not get old, Malakim." a tired voice spoke, emanating from behind a skull-faced mask "Pray that you die young. There is no peace for us amongst the stars. Only a neverending series of wars and the laughter of thirsting gods."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]A loyal Lamenter faced a traitorous Night Lord. All around them, corpses of unarmed humans were strewn, the Night Lord seated upon a throne, blood still dripping from his claws. Horrified, the Lamenter asked "Why?" Giving a serene smile, the Night Lord simply responded with the question "Why not?" Even as the Lamenter's chainsword tore into the Night Lord's chest, the latter's smile never faded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]A wizened woman, near death by age, gave a gentle smile, a single tear forming in her eye as she asked "Please... just for once... let me see your face." A Lamenter, puzzled by the display before him, wondering about the strangeness of the request. Nonetheless, he slowly reached up to his neck, intent on releasing the locks. The woman gave a rattling breath. Inflamed, the Astartes ripped and tore at his helmet, practiced movements devolving into frightened fumbling, a hissing of air marking the releasing of air-tight seals before he finally flung his face-plate away. Too late. Her breath had been her last. The Lamenter stared in forlorn silence at the corpse, helmet dented in the corner, the broken face-plate last reminder of his shame.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]What had been professional fighting juxtaposed with proud fulfillment of duty soon turned into harsh desperation. A thin line of Astartes holding their ground against a countless tide of creatures. In the void of space, a single ship engaged an amassed fleet. Ragged people, newly freed, that now looked up to Angels for salvation they could not grant. Worlds that burned with innocents screaming for aid that would never come. All leading up to one inevitable conclusion:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]
6e23737b76b3f45b9c255b286e370b8a_zpsnxp1eoc9.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

Malakim shook his head. For a moment, exhaustion was written across his face, before inevitably returning to stern reservation. "I have nothing to hide, for I am Malakim Phoros, Chapter Master of the Lamenters and always have we been loyal to Humanity and Him On Terra. All you will see within me is harsh truth. But if you wish for distance, then I will go."

True to his words, Malakim turned his back on Satori, just in time to hear the speech of PLEX, the construct's grating tone causing the Space Marine to raise an eye-brow. The metallic being bore no visible sign of organic components, no remains of the organic being it once was. Most curious. Perhaps the soft tissues had rotten away to such a degree as to requiring complete replacement.

He did not like what this thing was speaking of one bit.

The one called Aleks managed to partially verbalise his thoughts. Taking note of her perturbed countenance, Malakim could not help but take on the same expression, though why she positioned her limbs so strangely - as if to cover her flesh - confused him. Such a position would do little to deter incoming attacks and at worst limit her mobility. Perhaps something to ask later.

"I agree with the civilian." Malakim gave a nod towards Aleks, before shifting his attention to PLEX "I have no intention of making this vessel my chapter's monastery, servitor. My battle-brothers need me. Give me access to your communications-network, I will contact the nearest imperial outpost for transport."

@Sumirenko (Addressed)
@Kaide` (Addressed)
@chaosheart13 (Mentioned)

@Luma @Kaide`

Allen would have taken off his jacket to wring out if he wasn't so worried about getting fried in the sun. The last thing he needed was a sunburn or skin cancer. However, he noticed the girl hand him a towel and gave a curt nod and a grin. "Thanks," he said as he took the towel and began rubbing it against his hair, knocking of his military sunhat in the process. Once he finished toweling his head, he picked up his hat and promptly put it back on.

Then there was the sound of a monotonous voice and he blinked as he looked at the source of the voice. Blinking again, he took his eye glasses and tried to wipe them, only to stop when he remembered his clothes were soaking wet. He put them back on and squinted at the humanoid. So this had happened before? They weren't the first ones to be dragged from wherever they were and landed wherever here was? It didn't make any sense, but maybe Palkia had a hand in it. He didn't know.

He rubbed the back of his head as Aleks addressed everyone. "Well, I am curious as to where we are," he said, "But first thing's first, is there a way to get back? I'm sure our families back home are wondering where the heck we are." He glanced around the ship again before his eyes fell on the girl with the mind reading eye. She seems in pain, he thought to himself as his gaze became worried. Hopefully she'll be alright once things calmed down.

Fishing Trip...

His sister Tepi would have rolled her eyes. His father Evry would have sighed very deeply. But his mother Kassa would have smiled. Not enough to show teeth, but almost. Yes, Sev was stripped down to nothing but hide. Out in the woods. Out by the river. Camped there for a few days, so he could get away from his father's old words. With a little fish thrown in, caught without pole or line or hook or bait. Yes, the water, a bit brisk this time of year, with harvest so near. Much as he hated cold, cold water held so many tasty delights, he was willing to get his hide wet. To bear the cold.

Wasn't that what campfires were for? To warm up by, get dry, and cook fish. In a marinade of tink-bug squeezings and fresh crackle-herbs.......

But first, you had to catch the fish.

Sev loved to swim. Loved the water. Could hold his breath for ten minutes while in "pursuit" mode. Yes, years of practice. Great exercise. Good food, if given effort. Rest and reward always came later. A bit of private, isolated relaxation out in a nature that didn't care what footsteps you followed. Just that you followed where your own feet went. Be it forest, riverside, water... or not.

A water ruckus spat out a very satisfied, teenaged Kah'Saun male, a good-sized fish part in mouth, part in hand. Hide, dripping wet as he dumped said fish into a makeshift, water-filled "bucket" for later skewering and roasting and basting. Still needed two, maybe three more this size, to make a good meal. So... SPLASH!... back into the water he dived, snout to tail.......

Only to experience something unexpected.......

A flash of light! Wave of numbness! Cold water already a given. But this water... salt. Not fresh. Weight of water, sense of nearby land... the first, far too heavy... the second, missing. Everywhere he looked, only water, slow and ponderous, not the steady rush of current. Disorientation! No fear of drowning, but oddness, overwhelming...

... took Sev Ornil, late of Rapse'tet droven, a few seconds to find "up".

And when he did, when he did find the surface, what he saw and felt just... well, had he been a native human of earth, his first thought would have been: I'm not in Kansas anymore. Yes, nothing but ocean all about, no land in sight. Two ships, of unfamiliar design. And.......

....... Sev had no idea what was going on. His little fishing trip no longer little or fishing. His concerns, bigger than that huge, metallic, flat-topped behemoth of a ship the little ship docked against. This was not home. Or the river he'd dived into. He had nothing but his birthday suit on and his wits about him. Wits enough to know what he saw "manning" the little ship wasn't other Kah'Saun. Wits enough to know these two ships appeared the only "land" available. He could not remain in this cold water for more than a few hours, if that. He wanted warm. He wanted dry. He wanted to know what the hell had happened. Why he was here. Who or what was responsible. How to get home.

So he swam, cautious yet steady, towards the smaller ship.......

While everyone was amidst getting their bearings aboard the deck of the U.S.S Enterprise, the smaller fishing vessel that had originally brought everyone aboard was still idle by the side of the behemoth of a ship. The three fishermen were still aboard, trying to get their tangled nets and other gear back in order after that whole ordeal.

"So much for one more catch before we get moving again..."

"Yeah... I'll-- wait. Look, over there."

The attention of the three men was drawn towards what appeared to be two more approaching entities in the water. Though the rippling of the water obscured their full size, they could tell they might not be human. "Huh... There's more of 'em, eh?" One of them said before standing up tall by the edge of the vessel, waving his arms in hopes of getting the attention of the approaching figures. "Ova' here! We can help ya' aboard!"

@Roose Hurro @GrieveWriter

---

PLEX was silent for a few moments, seeming to detect the rising discontent with the situation. He respectfully clasped his hands together once more before continuing. "I suspect you have not been told about your new environment. Unfortunately, we are unable to return you, or anyone, back to your home world."

"In other words, each of us are no longer in the world we used to be in." Valonmura deadpanned. "Do not bother trying to communicate with anyone. There's no point."

"Yes." PLEX would nod slightly. "And while I can assure you all that I have tried to utilize this vessel's pre-fitted communications systems, I have been thus far unsuccessful in enabling inter-dimensional capabilities." The robot's attempt at a sense of humor was certainly... something.

"Not to mention there isn't much of anyone to communicate with out there." He'd gesture blindly towards the nearest edge of the ship, referring to the ocean itself. "Any civilizations we've come across, most of which were hostile, were completely incapable of rivaling the technology aboard this ship." A momentary pause. "They remind me of my own home world. Somewhat."

Valonmura's gaze would turn to Allen, the same unamused expression spilled upon his features. "There is no way back. Not that we are aware of. If any of you are able to contribute towards a way back home for everyone, it would be tremendously appreciated. Most of us do not wish to be here for longer than we have to."

---

Aleks' rising annoyance with the situation was evident on her face. She was disoriented and confused above all, especially with all the odd looking people and creatures that seemed eager to populate this ship. She looked down at the strange, furred creature that seemed insistent on being close to her. Probably to help provide heat, she thought. She squat down to be more at level with him. He didn't seem threatening, so why not?

"Uh... hey?" She spoke slowly, suddenly wondering if he could even understand her. "Can you talk?" She asked, cracking a small sheepish grin. It was either working and Krim could understand her, or she was looking a bit silly right now.​

@Navuso @chaosheart13 @Sumirenko @kanoro @Traveller's Guide @Luma

Reactions: Traveller's Guide
One arm over the other, fluid motions of the legs, swift movements to complement each other carried the warrior closer and closer towards the massive structure. He took conservative breaths each time his mouth was above water, he knew not to overtax the lungs during situations like this. Like this he managed to make steady progress towards his goal, which had small details that became more and more obvious as he drew nearer.

Once more he had to thank his armor for not being as encumbering as other sets he's come across in his travels, some soldiers had pieces so heavy they'd probably have met the ocean floor in the time it took Sir Alonne to resurface. One time he'd knocked a Shieldmaster into a moat, an easy swim for a moderately- armored individual. The Shieldmaster had struggled to get his armor off, and actually ended up slicing his arm on a piece of the metal and bleeding out before he could reach the shore. Sir Alonne considered himself an honorable and respectful swordsman, but no honor or respect would ever keep something like that from being ridiculously amusing to him.

But there was no time for reminiscing about the follies of former foes, voices caught the warrior's ears. It drew his attention to a smaller shipped docked beside the metal monstrosity, several regular humans stood aboard calling for him. Sir Alonne narrowed his eyes as he shifted direction towards them, he'd planned on scaling the metal mammoth himself, but perhaps they'd offer a slightly less taxing method of entering it. As he drew near he began noticing that his were not the only swimming motions, something else was in the water nearby.

The Swordsman rolled his eyes but kept focused on the boat, he had to prepare for the worst case scenario. Immediately memories resurfaced of the time he had to slay a water spirit which had taken control of a fishing village and used the bodies of their export to construct a physical form. Yeah....that had been fun... Pleasant thoughts like this were what kept the Warrior sane through most of the scenarios he was forced through, that and his sheer willpower. But never should one underestimate the power of fond memories.

He'd deal with whatever was also swimming around after he was anchored to something, so he sped up to close the final distance to the smaller ship. Thinking better than to immediately lug his full form onto the vessel, Sir Alonne simply laid an armored hand upon its edge so he could float more steadily beside it. He took a moment to calm his body after that swim, staying tense in case that other swimming being decided to be a problem.

"You have my thanks." the Swordsman stated simply in a weathered, wizened voice as within his helmet eyes glanced between the three men "This island is impressive, but I can see no entrances. I suppose the details of my arrival shall be provided there? Of another matter, could you perhaps tell me what that other creature over there is?"

Saying that, Sir Alonne raised his free hand to point in the direction of the other form approaching them. One that had a more apparently non-human constitution the closer it got to them.
@Kaide`

Making Sense...

Sev had no trouble seeing or hearing what went on around him. Clear sky. Ocean roll. Nothing to block sight or drown hearing. Auras of the living both in and out of water, clean and bright to his Third Eye, when he chose to focus on their spirits. Yes, despite not wishing to follow in his father's footsteps, Sev hadn't failed to learn things. No desire to be a "priest", still, like all of his kind, quite willing to keep his Third Eye open. Perfectly natural. Perfectly normal.

Sev simply felt.......

....... and then heard the call. The "Ova' here! We can help ya' aboard!"

Saw the flesh and the spirit of another in the water, humanoid, somehow able to swim even though burdened with what appeared armor. Given Sev had no eyebrows to raise, his mane-quills rose, instead. Head held up for a moment, to get a better look... to watch as said personage took hold of this smaller ship. Only then did he decide to pick up his own pace, to dive and rush underwater till close, then rise up, claw a-grip in like manner a body's length away, all three eyes on this odd, armored humanoid...

... "I'm Sev Ornil... thank you for asking." Not that this armored humanoid had asked his name.

Yes, despite his lack of eyebrows, Sev still expressed the gesture, best as he could, while his mane-quills flicked more erect and his ears flicked forwards, quite intrigued by the fact he could understand every word he'd heard.......

Ah.... of course... sea serpent.....

Sir Alonne began wondering if he could ever cross a body of water without running into one of these things. Once or twice was a given, creatures of the deep were no laughing matter, but every single time without fail? He'd run into all types, from the monstrous one he'd had to kill using a ship as a battering ram to that one who needed his help keeping a war from breaking out.

"Well you may call me Sir Alonne, Orvill." the warrior stated simply as he glanced back to the behemoth of metal beside them some more.

From afar the structure was daunting, but up close like this Alone felt as though scaling the side wouldn't be as taxing as he initially thought. Perhaps of he got aboard the trio's ship for just a moment to get proper footing. Perhaps there was an anchor or net dropped down nearby that he could climb.

As he looked he continued talking to the creature beside him "I don't suppose you'd be able to tell me what that is or where I am?"

As inconsistent as these beings could he with their cultures and mindsets, more often than not they were well versed enough to have insight into the area. One had shown him the way to an underwater cavern of loot for rescuing his daughter for him. There was always a chance this one could offer some much needed information.

Offer Some...

Orvill...?

Sev's quills twitched, but he otherwise remained silent on Sir Alonne's "mis-interpretation". More important things existed in this present and most likely also in more immediate, future moments. Correcting his name could wait. In fact, studying the ship himself, both small and huge, a whole mess of things needed correction. But yes, in the present moment, he had a two-part question it would only be courteous to answer, given it looked like both of them would be...

... well, in the same boat, in a quite literal sense.

So...

... "That is a military vessel of substantial size, from what I can see. Where we are, I have as much of a clue as you. I have a very potent belief I'm no longer on the world where I was born." Sev shook his head, throwing water from his mane. Not perfectly dry, but now dry enough to fluff a bit, so his quills weren't quite so... threatening. And though his grin showed teeth, it also showed humor... "Looks like we've both been born into this new world. You, still in the shell... me, naked as the day I was originally born."

Sev looked up at the Enterprise, grin even bigger...

... "Hope I don't scare all the ladies......."

-------

@GrieveWriter

"Wa- wa- woah!"

A voice sounded from the skies. It was known where this voice came from, but who did it come from? If the crew were too look at the outdoors, they would notice something whizzing through the skyline, all the way down.

A flash of green light emerged from the source in a mere split second, and soon, a red creature was visible as the figure began to descend onto the lands.

"JETRAY!" the odd being exclaimed in a different voice from what it previously had.

Soon, the features of the being were a little more visible.

"Woah!"

The being, supposedly known as 'Jetray', landed in the seas. Soon, it used its great speeds to dash into the ship, as evidenced by a hard knock.

"I think I need a good skill insurance," the red creature comments as it rose into the surface, rubbing its sore head.​

@Kaide`

Status
Not open for further replies.