The Seaborne Chronicles | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaide`

Original poster
x| THE SEABORNE CHRONICLES |x
"LET THE SEA SET YOU FREE"

Seaborne is currently not accepting open-signups!
Check out the OOC here, and keep an eye out for any chances for new players.
If you really, really want to join, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

Make sure you make proper usage of Iwaku's tagging system! Tag people that your post affects, so you can be sure the right people see it.

What Is Seaborne?

The Seaborne Chronicles is a roleplay that takes place in a dynamic, ever-changing setting. Characters find themselves aboard a re-purposed naval aircraft carrier named the U.S.S Enterprise. Forced to sail the seas as a nomadic community due to the rapidly changing seas, the cast will find themselves having to overcome trials of various sorts. From coming across mysterious islands harboring deadly secrets, to dealing with growing instability on the ship due to infighting and clashes of ideals, characters will have to work together to unravel the mystery of the world's mysterious seas.

LOCATIONS
  • sdcQ2do.jpg

The U.S.S Enterprise is the primary setting of the roleplay. Space on this ship is valuable, and people would find that almost every nook and cranny serves some sort of purpose. The flight deck and other areas that can be exposed to sunlight are littered with places to grow food. The denizens of the Enterprise have had to learn to adapt to rather crowded and disorganized living.
  • control_room___interior_thumbnails_by_raph04art-d84vtu6.jpg

Sometimes referred to as "The Island" by the proper folk, central control is the tower structure on top deck. Some would argue that this structure is the brain of the entire vessel; it's from here that the Captain and Officers oversee the everyday routine of the U.S.S Enterprise. Plotting course, managing inter political issues and even issuing ship-wide orders and alerts, if need be.
  • underground_market_by_dariocoelho-d3ksatl.jpg

Formerly the hangar bay before the ship was repurposed, the Plaza Bay is a large, somewhat narrow open-spaced room that has been turned into the main "city" area of the ship. Makeshift buildings have been set up here, forming disorganized 'roads' that seem to twist and turn throughout. It's here that you will find little shops that are usually more than happy to barter for knick-knacks, objects of value or interest, or just rations. Some of the less "fortunate" of the ship have also been known to take refuge here, and along with them bringing a rising black market. Looking to get some drugs? The alleys of the plaza is the place to go.
  • metro-2033-screens_11-03-09.jpg

On one of the upper decks you'll find the aptly named "Sweatshop Pub", a disheveled place where folks go for a pick-me-up meal (probably consisting mainly of fish, unless you got the dough) and other pub-like activities, such as alcohol. This is also one of the primarily places organized rations are handed out, and as such the place can become fairly crowded during peak hours.
  • 453f5c26e4585a1e1a5eb45c018749cd.jpg

The line between where the communal areas end and the personal living quarters begin is a bit blurred nowadays. Many have taken to just setting up home wherever they can in the lower areas of the ship, forming sub-communities in the process. You'll find a bit of everything in the crowded spaces down here; from remnants of fantasy environments to the keepsakes of great, technologically advanced civilizations. Some people are just desperate to be reminded of home, I suppose…

Renowned as definitely one of the more cleaner and organized parts of the ship, the Medical Bay offers surprisingly effective patching up, should you find yourself injured while out and about. It's all thanks to joint efforts between modernized medical practices and the more… arcane in nature. The medical bay has also, curiously enough, been handling a spike in births lately.
  • 25.jpg

At the very bottom of the ship, should you choose to dwell that far, you'll find the brawns of the entire vessel. Powered by nuclear means, it's down here that people tirelessly assure the metal beast of a ship keeps moving. It's a thankless job, and many run the risk of getting severely injured down here, but it's a necessity. Rumors speak of mishaps occurring here; whispers of mysterious forces seeking to sabotage the ship's future.
  • secret_shop_by_jackeavesart-d7bg5h6.jpg

They say you can be on a vessel of this size for years and still not have seen everything there is to offer. This is especially the case with the U.S.S Enterprise. New areas seem to pop up semi-regularly, people coming out of the wood works to set up… or tear things down. Feel free to come up with new areas to explore and expand upon.

• Officer PLEX

A surprisingly ominous robot figure standing at roughly 5'7, Officer PLEX handles many of the technical inner-workings of running a vessel such as the U.S.S Enterprise. He also acts as the ambassador for the more technological oriented denizens of the ship, providing his insight and words of wisdom when it's required. Claiming to have had his memory wiped prior to arriving in this world, he has pledged his newfound existence to helping the survival of the ship any way he can.

• Officer Alyssa Marigold

Dressed from an unknown past era, Alyssa appears in stark contrast to Officer PLEX. She stands at a modest 5'6, and is responsible for most of the matters that require a certain human finesse to oversee them. Not much is known about her exact origins, but she was reportedly one of the first few people to ever set foot on this ship all those years ago.

• More notable characters will be written here as they're introduced.

Prologue
"Pawns In Place"

gtc6U7j.jpg

A blinding light. A feeling of numbness, then cold washing over you. Some of you might open your eyes, finding yourselves surrounded by water. The depths below you are dark, murky, and otherwise uninviting if you wanted to live.

For many, the first instinct is to swim upwards, towards the light above. Breaching the surface, people would quickly notice two ships close to them. One was modestly sized, looking like a fishing boat that's seen better days. Fishing nets and wires were casted haphazardly from it, three people immediately visible working with the aforementioned fishing nets.

The other ship… Well, it was a sight to behold down from the water. A massive metal ship loomed stationary not too far off, as if it was keeping an eye out for the smaller vessel.

It took a few moments after the first of the group breached the surface, but the people aboard the smaller ship began to take notice to the people treading water. They looked confused at first, then quickly kicked into action. Two of them began starting to try and haul in their nets to get them out of the way, while the third looked about ready to dive into the water.

"How many of you are there?" The man shouted, trying to be sure he was heard. "Hold on, we'll get you aboard!"

Thankfully, the water was relatively calm at the moment. It was, however, rather cold. People would begin to feel the temperature of the water beginning to creep up on them, as if trying to grasp hold of their bodies. There were many uncertain things at the moment, but one thing was a given: everyone needed to get out of the water ASAP.​

I'm drowning. These were Allen's first thoughts when he opened his eyes and saw water all around him. It had engulfed him, and he struggled weakly to get away, anywhere but in the water. I'm drowning. He glanced up and noticed the light shining through the water. Feeling that was his only salvation, he tried to doggy paddle his way up to the surface. His lungs were screaming for air. Someone help me, please!

He didn't take note if there were others with him, too focused on trying to get out of the water alive. He couldn't hold in his breath anymore and swallowed water, coughing it up as he tried to swim. Help me! He reached towards the light, seemingly far away. Please...help me.

He burst out of the water and began to cough, flailing his arms about as he tried to grab thin air. He was still coughing and trying to stay afloat, not paying attention to the world around him. Oh Arceus I'm drowning. "H-Help!" he coughed as he continued to flail, "I-I can't swim! Heeeelp!" He wasn't sure if anyone would hear his plea, but he knew that he needed to get out of the water somehow. If only he could swim...

Before...

"Satori? Sa~tooo~ri! I'm home!"

Satori Komeiji set her cup of tea back on its silver platter, placed it onto the coffee table, then stood up with a huge sigh. As usual, she couldn't feel her sister's presence, but she knew Koishi well enough to know what would happen next. She counted the seconds in her head. Three... two... one...

As expected, a pair of arms wrapped around her torso and squeezed her from behind. Satori felt her sister's third eye nudge against the middle of her back, one of its long cords brushing her forearm. Koishi was squirming and bouncing on the tips of her toes in obvious impatience. Satori cocked an eyebrow, though Koishi couldn't see it when her face was buried in her older sister's dress. "Alright, alright, hello. Welcome back home, Koishi. What are you so excited about?"

"Satori!" Koishi finally decided to forgo the hug and bounce around to Satori's side, nearly knocking over the chair in her haste. The teacup rattled on its dish, and Satori had to seize it so it wouldn't crash to the ground. "I decided I'm going to have a sleepover. You're invited!"

"Invited, am I? Hmm. Who else is coming?" Satori kindly didn't point out that she was "invited" whether Koishi wanted her to be or not. They shared a house.

"Everyone! I'm going to invite everyone, so no one feels left out! First I'm going to ask Orin, then I'm going to ask Okuu, then Kokoro... Oh, do you think Miss Yuugi wants to come, too?"

Well this was a whirlwind of unexpected information. Satori found herself at a near loss for words. Talking to Koishi was hard; she couldn't read her mind, and that made their conversations incredibly hard to keep up with. The youkai rubbed her temples, took a huge breath, then began to answer, "Koishi, I'm glad you're excited, but maybe you shouldn't invite everyone-"

"I'll see you later, Satori! I have to hand out my invitations!" Koishi completely ignored Satori, grinning and holding up a handful of papers with crayon scribbles all over them. Barely-legible names (for the "party guests," Satori assumed) were scrawled in the margins of each page. Koishi rifled through the invitations for a few seconds before whipping out the one meant for her sister, pressing it into her arms with a kiss to her cheek. "Bye!"

"...Okay, Koishi. Goodbye. Be careful, and don't talk to any strange-"

She was already gone.

Satori groaned softly and sank back into her chair. There she goes again. I hope she doesn't try to invite the oni again. That was a nightmare. Ugh... I feel another headache coming on. She brought her fingers to her temples and rubbed slowly, easing the tension. This was just like her sister, too. She'd come home, babble to Satori about something completely random, then disappear without a trace. Without even giving her time to say goodbye. Then she might be gone again for an hour, a week, a month... sadness threatened to grip Satori's heart, but she shoved the feeling aside instantly. Sadness did nothing but make her life even more miserable, and Satori knew it.

Oh well. Either she will come back with some stray youkai who pity her, or she'll forget all about it and I won't have to worry. Satori folded the invitation in her hands and slipped it into her skirt's pocket, closing her eyes with a little yawn. Stress always served to make her tired, and this was no exception. A quick nap won't hurt. I'll sleep for a couple of hours, then the pets need to be fed and watered.

Just an hour...

Just...

Now.

Satori awoke to searing, agonizing pain that shot directly through her third eye. Her main eyes naturally snapped open and were greeted with similar pain, though that pain was far easier to bear. She could see nothing but an expanse of murky blue water; and she was several feet deep. Panic made her thoughts disorganized. Satori could hardly think. She flailed her arms with little success- Satori couldn't recall swimming at any time in her life, but if there was any time she should learn, it was certainly now. She couldn't hold her breath much longer, and her screaming third eye was whittling away at her resolve...

Then, as if by a miracle, she hazily saw what looked like a spider's web descending next to her. Spiders? Underwater? It couldn't be, and no spiders she knew of made silk that thick... wait! That wasn't spider's thread. It was rope! A new surge of adrenaline surged through her blood, giving Satori the final boost she needed to grasp onto the fishing net as it was hauled upwards into salty air.

Air. Thank god.

Before she could celebrate, however, she felt another shot of pain from her abused eye. Tangled thoughts flooded from the beings on the fishing boat, all of them nigh impossible to make sense of in this state. <Who are these... have to get onboard... go into shock... drowning...> Satori tried to open her mouth and say something to the men who were struggling to haul her onto the deck, but all that came out was a pathetic gargle. She was completely at the mercy of these strangers. But she was too weak to care.

Mathison had been having a fine day. He had woken up, taken his vitamins, gone through his usual workout, and was watching the news when the cleaner came. He knew that she'd been robbing the place little bit at a time, but he never acknowledged it. After all, everything was being paid for and why would he try to save the people who so eagerly encouraged him to retire a bit of pocket change? He was still a patriot, don't get him wrong but he had served long enough, he didn't need to put more effort in for them.

Giving the cleaner a small glance, one that caused her to jump in fear of being caught, he stood and made his way towards the door. It had been a fine morning yes, but it was far from exciting. As the old soldier stepped outside he closed his eyes and took a deep breath... Only to feel a sudden cold rush of water wash across him, causing his eyes to open in-sync with his mouth, accidentally welcoming the water in.

Between the fact he had already taken a mouthful of water and his coat weighing him down, he barely managed to break the surface. He burned his energy by struggling, and he knew he wouldn't be able to survive like that for long... Just before he managed to get his jacket off however, he felt unfamiliar hands pulling him out of the water and onto the deck of a ship. The old man spent a few moments coughing while on his hands and knees, water absolutely soaking the area around him thanks to his heavy coat.

As he coughed and spit out the water he managed a few words for his saviours, not considering the situation as of yet as he spoke up. "Th-thanks..."

Confusion, intermixed with pain as perception suddenly shifted from the bloodsoaked battlefield underneath the tread of the Death Company to the deep dark blue of all-consuming water, the broken remnants of his power armor dragging him further and further into the depths of the ocean. An instinctive struggle, the chitin-claws stuck in his ribcage exuding crimson life-fluid as his Oolitic Kidney and Black Carapace were kicked into overdrive to fight the acid they relentlessly poured into his body. Gritting fanged teeth, Malakim grasped the spines and violently ripped them from his flesh, barbed tips reflexively dripping venom as they were pulled away with strands of viscera. Quickly the Larraman's Organ set to work on sealing the wound.

Above, his Occulobe detected the presence of two steel-vessels, their superficial making unlike any in his memory, though that changed little about the fact that they would make for a stable hold for him to swim to. While his Multi-Lung made breathing in water a triviality, the remaining weight of his broken power armor steadily pulled him downwards and with his Mucranoids untreated even a Space Marine could not suffer the crushing pressure of the deepest depths.

As abhorrent as he found the thought of discarding more of his chapter's already few relics, the steady pull of the dark water left him little choice. Internally praying to the armor's machine spirits for forgiveness, he used his Black Carapace to identify the remaining ceramite-plates. The interface-cables connected to the armor retreated into his body, allowing him to reach down and rip at the damaged mesh to detach the heaviest of the pieces.

Devoid of encumbrance, though with little more than his mid-section covered, Malakim hastily ascended to the light again, breaking the surface in a small geyser of water. Rapidly the Space Marine inspected his surroundings, his human eyes taking note of the fishing boat near him and the larger vessel in the distance. Meanwhile his Occulobe and Lyman's Ear took note of the struggling figure ( @chaosheart13 ) further off in the water, flailing limbs striking waves and sore throat gasping choked calls for help.

Tearing through the water, Malakim quickly reached the thin man that just barely kept himself above water. "Do not fear, citizen, aid has arrived." The Space Marine spoke calmly as he grasped the human by the shoulder with one hand, while the other began to maneuver the two of them towards the fishing vessel "Citizen, do you know the designation of this location? I have been separated from my Battle-Brothers in the midst of the fight and found myself underneath the water. How close are the tyranids to this position?"

Reaching the boat, the Astartes first lifted Allen up onto the ship, taking a moment to study the expressions of the sailors - and other, stranger figures that didn't quite seem to fit in, similar to himself - before heaving himself onto the vessel, allowing his massive frame of eight feet to come to a stand for the first time.

"... Do not fear." He spoke after a few moments of silence. The ragged pieces of fabric just barely clinging to his form failed to make for much of a noble appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
...!

Aleks opened her eyes, finding herself surrounded by water. Her body jerked instinctively, and she found herself going into autopilot. Up towards the surface, breaching through and gasping for breath her body desperately needed. It was one of the downsides of maintaining a form like this- the needs of it mimicked the real thing.

She coughed, treading water as she looked around in an attempt to figure out what was going on. What the hell even happened? One second she was out in town, trying this weird dish called "sushi"... and suddenly she was here.

Whatever happened, she knew she needed to get out of this sticky situation real fast. The chill grasped at her, making her feel like she was losing full sensation in her fingertips. Yeah, definitely not good. Looking around, she spotted some sort of fishing vessel within close vicinity. Other people were being helped onto it, and that was her cue to take the open invitation as well. Beginning to swim over with haphazard strides, Aleks managed to croak out some words as she approached the side of the boat. "I-I hope there's room f-for... one more...!"

---

With a coordinated heave, the two men managed to pull Satori up onto the deck of the fishing vessel. She would be rather entangled with the net that was ultimately her savior, but she would be out of the water at least. Without pausing, they went on to try and assist Mathison and Aleks out of the water and onto the deck as well. "Is everyone okay?" One of them would ask, seeming rather stunned by the sudden appearance of everyone.

Seeing that someone among the group was unable to keep themselves afloat properly, the man that shouted out looked about ready to dive into the water to come to the rescue. He hesitated, however, when another figure appeared-- that of Malakim. A mix of surprise and relief washed over his face, and he quickly assisted in hauling them aboard as well.

With Malakim on board, the balance of the boat shifted noticeably. It probably wasn't built to support this many so quickly.

@chaosheart13 @Sumirenko @kanoro @Traveller's Guide

Allen was still drowning, flailing his arms as he clawed at the air. He didn't think he would die like this, not in warfare. He wasn't ready to die just yet! He gasped and continued to flail about, ignoring the world. He thought he could see movement from the corner of his eye, but he wasn't really sure.

Then he felt strong arms help him up and he clung to the person, eyes wide with shock. "Th-Thank you," he croaked as he shivered, both from fear and from the cold he now felt. He didn't care who that person was, he just wanted out of the water. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. You're a soldier too? You..." He began to cough again. "I really don't know just please help me out of the water." With a sigh of relief, he clambered onto the small fishing boat and kneeled, coughing up his lungs.

He breathed heavily, though his breath caught in his throat when the boat rocked. "Nonononono no more water please," he whimpered as he tried to regain any sort of bravery he had prior to coming here. ...Where was here anyway? Why was he out at sea? He was sleeping in his bed, wasn't he? So why...? He yelped as the boat rocked some more and tried to cling onto the side of the boat. He'll think about it later, right now he just wanted out of the water.

Satori lied on the damp wooden deck of the ship and shivered within the confines of the fishing net, curling up into a little ball with a weak groan. The landscape seemed to spin before her eyes. Each lurch caused by the choppy waters made Satori's stomach perform backflips; it became harder and harder to suppress the bile that was rising in her throat from such rough treatment. Combined with the multitude of voices crowding her thoughts and the excess salt that made her third eye burn like living hell, it's safe to say Satori wasn't having a good day.

This has to be a nightmare, a tiny voice detached from all of her strife whispered, a bad dream caused by too much caffeine in your tea. You need to stop taking it black.

She was inclined to agree. There were no seas or salt water in Gensokyo. Besides, the eight-foot walking weapon who stood in her peripheral vision had to be solid proof that this incident was nothing more than her subconscious was going into overdrive.

Then another sharp pain from her outward heart gave Satori a cold dash of reality. Don't be stupid. Dreams don't hurt this much. I don't know what happened or why, but it looks like I am stuck in the middle of an ocean with complete strangers.

The boat lurched again, and Satori cursed softly, sitting up the best she could and clutching at her stomach. Her face was grim and pale in the light reflected off of the waves. "Excuse me." Satori murmured, shutting her eyes tightly and attempting to shrug the net from her shoulders. It was no use. She was hopelessly entangled. "I do not mean to interrupt... but it feels like this boat is going to capsize at any moment. I would prefer not to be on it when that happens." The woman paused, then in an eerily fluid motion, she cocked her head at one of the fishermen. "No, I wouldn't recommend it. Not without... whatever it is people use to stay afloat in the ocean. That wouldn't be heroic, it would be foolish; you could never make it all the way to the other ship without drowning yourself."

The man looked abashed; even offended. Satori just shrugged, propping her head on her hands and ignoring him once again. She was cold and wet- she didn't have the patience to deal with a wounded pride right now.

With his questions unanswered but the ship beginning to show clear signs of overweight, Malakim only took the barest time necessary to inspect the present passengers. All of them ordinary humans by superficial observation, one in particular bearing a strange eye-shaped ornament on her chest, though none wore the cloth or hides as custom of Malvolion.

Wasting no further moment, the Lamenter jumped back into the water, depriving the ship of a good 700 pounds of weight. Kept above the surface by sheer force of paddling, Malakim's eyes set themselves on... what appeared to be another human ( @Kaide` ), who likewise swam in search for sanctuary. "... There seems to be space now. Get on board, citizen." Had his mind not been preoccupied with making sense of the current situation, he might have noticed some oddities about her, but for now he was all too inclined to write them off as his own lack of understanding of ordinary humans.

What concerned him first and foremost were that neither his Occulobe nor Lyman's Ear could pick up any signs of battle besides the light splashing of distant waves, while his standard vision-spectrum took note of another peculiarity: The skies were blue. By the time the Lamenters had landed on Malvolion, the tyranids had already begun to seed their own aggressive flora on the planet to rapidly consume any and all nutrients inherent in the soil, and likewise their mycetic spores had initiated the process of ingesting the atmosphere, painting the world's skies a sickly green.

This lack of any and all tyrannic activity could not be explained by merely being on the other side of the planet.

"I do not understand." He called out from the water, making sure to stay near the vessel "Where am I?"

Managing to grasp hold to the side of the ship, Aleks began to try hoisting herself onboard- though she hesitated as soon as she felt the boat begin to lean precariously. This hesitation was quickly overtaken by surprise when Malakim jumped back into the water, creating a sizable splash. "Woah," She muttered under her breath shakily, not wasting any time in continuing to hoist herself on board. One of the fishermen gladly assisted her until she joined Satori, Allen and Mathison on deck, drenched and shivering.

The fishermen seemed surprised at Malakim's willingness to just swim, but given the circumstances weren't really in the place to question it too much. One of them took a good look over the side of the ship, seeming to check for any others. When he didn't see anyone else, he looked at the others. "Bring us back over to dock. Don't go too fast, we don't want to hurt him." He pointed at Malakim in the water before turning his attention to the person in question. "I wish I could answer that for you, buddy. Just know that big ship over there is the closest thing you'll get to land for now."

Doing as they were told, the remaining fishermen cautiously started up the engines, moving towards the ship at a pace that Malakim would be able to keep up with.

Mathison spent several long moments recovering, the old man coughing up the water he had taken in before he felt that old voice speak up once again. It was more of a command then anything as it echoed fourth in his head, "Get up." Following it's advice he did after a few moments, only to nearly be knocked down again as the boat shifted very suddenly. Letting out a curse that turned into a slightly painful cough, he gripped the boat and held on as he looked over the people around him.

The old man's eyes held on the giant that swam beside the boat as they started moving, however his gaze quickly went to the fishermen. "Who are you boys with then..? And can you remind me just how the hell I got out here?" He asks, convinced that he must have fallen asleep at some point and either this was a dream or what he had thought was reality was... And this one sure as hell felt real.

"Who are ya' with? The USA? England? Canada?"

Keeping beside the ship with his arms and head above the surface, Malakim's physique made it simple for him to match the vessel's lowered speed. What truly plagued him however was the continuing lack of answers, his formerly questioning expression giving way to stern reservation. A growing frustration gnawed at him, knowing that his brother-soldiers were fighting alone a battle they could not win, now deprived even of their Chapter Master to grant them hope and relief in the most dire time of need.

As Space Marines, the Lamenters, enriched with faith, training and the Emperor's very own genetic designs, were more than human. But in the throes of the Black Rage, they were reduced to far less. He trembled to think just how many would fall now that their despair reached a critical meltdown, how many would give in to their Primarch's psychic deathscream from so long ago. Against the tyranids they required a fluid, in-depth defense to have even the slightest hope of stalling them. Becoming mindless berserkers - however 'empowered' - had little hope of providing such a thing, even if they managed to weather his sudden loss.

Dimly aware of the banter on the ship, Malakim put excessive force into his swimming, causing splashes of water to fly up onto the deck, trying to keep his own grim thoughts contained.

The boat was finally in motion. The rumbling motor gave Satori the blissful background noise she needed to muffle the myriad of voices cluttering her head. She decided to take this opportunity to disentangle herself from the sopping wet ropes that weighed her down, which was no simple feat when her third eye's cords were hopelessly tangled in the net and had to be handled, one by one. The pain in her eye had dulled to a slow throb, while every time she touched its cords, random emotions and memories and thoughts shot through her with as much force as a bullet. A bullet? Where did that word come from? What is a bullet? Satori lifted her gaze from her task to study the people around her. She couldn't be completely sure, but the veteran on board and the massive man in the ocean were two prime suspects.

She wished she didn't focus on the man in the water at all, however, because the second she laid eyes upon him she heard a ri-iii-iiip, like the sound of tearing paper. Like something was tearing through his mind... or perhaps blocking it off. Then, a shrill voice unlike any she had heard before made Satori instinctively clamp her hands over her ears, as if the voice was a physical sound rather than a mental one.

"What the hell?" Satori muttered to herself, forcing her gaze to the ground and trying to get rid of the ringing in her ears. She was aware how this would look to the people around her. She didn't care. "What was that? One minute, I catch the concept of a bullet- the next..."

A groan rose in her throat. She was more than ready to get off of this boat, away from the poisonous water and the strange occupants. She wanted some alone time. Sadly, something told her that "alone time" was going to become very hard to come by in the near future.

"Um..." The youngest of the fishermen seemed puzzled at Mathison's question, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to come up with an answer. It was only when one of the others whispered something to him that he perked up, blurting out a response. "Oh! The U.S.A it looks like. Technically. Really, we're with no one- but that's where our ship originally came from." He shrugged. "We think so anyways." He paused for a moment before going over to Satori's side, beginning to assist in detangling her from the net. "Let me help you with that."

The vessel approached the side of the larger ship, slowing down to an eventual halt. If people looked upwards, they'd be able to see several people peering over the edge down at them. They were too high up to hear what they were saying, but from the looks of it, they were the assistance they desperately needed.

"I want you all to do me a favor," The fisherman behind the helm said, referring to the whole foreign group. "Close yer' eyes and count to three." He pointed up, towards the people looking down at them. "There's a mage up there that will give you lot a helping hand on deck." There was a momentary pause as he sensed any potential disbelief. "Just do it."

For those that did as he asked, a few moments would pass before a bright, white light flashed before their eyes. A sense of numbness would briefly wash over them. The blinding light faded momentarily after, leaving them sitting on the metal top deck of the great ship. Those left behind would only see a brief flash of light envelope a person before they were gone.

A good number of people were in the immediate vicinity, the deck itself seeming to be littered with places to grow and produce food, among other things. With how much was going on, it felt like it was a miracle to have a place to sit anywhere at all.

Standing directly before those that ended up on deck was a rather short, strange looking young man. Electricity seemed to spark from his hands.

[spoili]
male_mage_by_sensenmiasma-d8rurfw.png
[/spoili]

"Please wait," The young made would speak, obviously trying to concentrate on his magical arts. "I'm not used to grabbing this many so quickly..."

Krim hadn't been on the U.S.S Enterprise for very long, himself. It couldn't have been more than four days, but he had been working on finding where he fit in among the rest of the mess. So when people had started to freak out and panic about there being some more stragglers to get added to the mess, he dropped the bucket of cleaning water that he had been carrying and bolted along the different paths to get up onto the deck. The large canine-sized beast made his way through the crowd, pushing the others out of the way with his shoulder.

Long ears flicked and perked as the mage did his best to bring the fresh blood onto the ship. Long claws clung to the side as the creature pulled himself up and golden orbs gazed down at the strangers that were being rescued. The confusion as they appeared nearby brought a smile around the two sharp tusks that protruded from Krim's mouth. They appeared to be in the very same predicament that he had been in just days before.

"Stop gawking!" his deep feral voice snapped towards the growing crowd as he jumped back down and walked closer to one of the newcomers. (@Sumirenko) She was a female with strange purple hair, and from what he had gathered from the small fragments of what his large ears could pick up, she seemed to be the most overwhelmed of the lot. Were these people from vastly different worlds and universes? Or had they come from the same place? It sure seemed like the former of the options, but why were they all brought here at once?

Water. That's right, the water they were currently in was salty. And given the state of confusion and chaos, it seemed like some of these human, or whatever they were, had taken in some of that water. That wasn't good for them, right? He remembered someone shouting about that when he had first arrived.

Quickly, the red and blue beast scampered across the deck and down a set of stairs to a slightly lower part of the deck to run inside of the pub. This was the place that Krim had most grown to like, since there was fish, he could get some water, and it was always lively. Plus, they didn't mind if he sneaked into the back and lay down to sleep out of the way. He still hadn't really found a place to call his own space, so he tended to linger around this particular hot spot instead.

"Water," he half-barked as he jumped up onto a stool. The sharp claws tore through the fabric in his haste, not that he'd get in any trouble for it. Another few scratches wasn't going to be anything new.
"Lots. New...." he paused as he tried to come up with the right terms. It was hard to keep up with some of the language used on the ship.

"New hands on deck," he finally got gathered up. When he finally got a container of fresh water, a flicker of gold came from the citrine jewels embedded into his shoulders and a couple of round gems came out of it followed by long slender pieces of the same gemstone. once fully formed, a thin, translucent membrane formed over the parts and left a pair of roughly hand-shaped limbs attached to the shoulder blades. Both of them carefully grabbed at the pitcher and then he jumped down and was bounding back towards where more bodies were sprawled onto the deck. About half of the liquid had gotten sloshed out from the rush, but there was still plenty for those that probably needed it. At least, he could hope.

Frantic golden eyes skimmed over the lot, trying to figure out who needed it the most. It seemed like an older male - Was he older? Krim was still rather bad at telling the humans' ages...- was coughing and having the hardest time with recovering from the nasty little swim. Deciding that he was probably the one that needed the water first, the creature eased closer and held the hand-like appendages out to offer the pitcher of water to him first.

@kanoro

Allen took in big gulps of air and clung onto the boat as it slowly made its way to the much bigger boat. He had his eyes squeezed shut and his heart pounding like crazy. His mind was on the fritz and the only thing he could think about was not drowning. Maybe he should let Nouvel take over. Shakily, he removed a hand from the boat and pressed a button on his collar. Nothing happened. His eyes snapped open as he pressed the button again. Nothing. Several more presses did nothing. "...Did my fuser break while I was in the water?" he muttered as he rubbed the back of his neck. That wasn't good, he'll need to check that out soon.

He turned towards the fisherman who said to close his eyes. "I...Okay?" He squeezed them shut again and waited for three seconds. Then his body felt numb before he could feel a different kind of texture underneath. His eyes opened and he blinked as he found himself on the deck of the much larger ship. "...Did someone use Teleport on us?" he wondered out loud as he took in the activity on the deck.

A thought occurred to him. Where was his partner Pokemon, Xavier? He looked around as he slowly began to panic again. "Um, has anyone seen a Dusknoir?" he asked, "I know Xavier always disappears like this, but...well, has anyone seen him? He should be easy to spot and all..." It didn't quite register in his mind yet that the people there most likely didn't see the Pokemon that was his partner.

Satori had tensed when the kind fisherman decided to help her, especially when he got up close. She wasn't used to letting strangers in her personal space, and it did not bode well. Her eye thrummed with protest when it was handled by unfamiliar hands and each touch of her third eye's strings made her head prickle uncomfortably. When he was done, Satori offered him a quiet "thank you" in return, but the second she was free of the ropes that bound her, she was on the opposite end of the boat with her arms protectively crossed over her chest. Even more withdrawn than before. ...If that was possible.

The rest of the crew's unhappy ride continued without interruption, which would have usually gave Satori the time she needed to focus on these strangers and empty their minds of their secrets. That's what she would have done, had it not been for Malakim. She dreaded the thought of facing the man and letting that voice touch her again. It wasn't natural. Satori couldn't be entirely sure that the voices weren't caused by her own third eye, which would understandably be a little screwy after taking a dip in salt water, but she didn't want to take the chance.

No. The horrible voice wouldn't torment her again. No one would touch her again. She wouldn't let them-

Oh, get real. Right now, these strangers are your only hope. Deal with it. Satori wondered vaguely if these arguments with her inner consciousness were the first signs of her descent into madness. She was delayed from addressing her mental state, however, when the sailors on board suddenly ordered her to shield her eyes.

She obeyed just in time. The flash of light that followed would have surely meant more pain for the subterranean creature she was. Her body tingled for a few moments, then when she regained the feeling in her arms and legs, she felt blessed dry ground underneath her feet. Satori opened her eyes and heaved a sigh of relief. It wasn't exactly the red-tinged earth of Former Hell, but at least it wasn't damp and completely crowded. Now she could stand off to the side in peace and take a little break while she let the unfamiliar psychic do his work. Satori didn't spot the giant on board the ship just yet, so she looked around and took note of the rest of the crew.

One that particularly caught her eye was the lithe figure of an unknown beast weaving between people's bodies and seeming to help them where help was needed. Satori felt her heart soften a little bit. An animal. Finally, something familiar. Though she wasn't sure that Krim would like her when he could apparently speak for himself, it was at least nice to think that she had a friend on board. When she saw the beast offer water to Mathison, Satori's own mouth felt particularly dry, but she decided that she'd rather go thirsty and leave the creature at peace.

On the other hand, there was Allen, who seemed to be worried about a creature he called a "Dusknoir." Judging by the thoughts of the people around him, they were about as clueless about it as she was... That is, before she took a quick peek. A ghost-like creature flashed in her mind's eye. Despite herself, Satori took a quick glance around the ship, but the Pokemon (was that its species name? weird.) was nowhere to be found.

Satori moved a little closer to him, very obviously uncomfortable, then murmured, "I don't think any of them know what that is. We aren't in the same world as before. ...After we figure out more about where we are, I..." She cleared her throat, averting her gaze to the floor below, "...Can assist you."

What on earth am I doing?

The small fishing vessel was anchored and fastened securely, easing its precarious weight-distribution. Malakim rose from the water onto the deck once again, as the curious stares of many a civilian peeked down from above, greeting the new arrivals with questioning gazes. Some averted their eyes when he returned their gawking in turn, others felt secure enough on their perch to put on a smile or a raised eyebrow.

Humans. Mortals. All arranged as if in ambush.

The Lamenter's growing frustration did not fade. While he was not unversed in diplomatic ventures, as per his duties as Chapter Master, the blatant awareness that his chapter was fighting and most likely dying without him weighed heavily on his mind. A slight scowl crept onto his features, further deepening when one of the sailors asked them to close their eyes for some unknown purpose.

After a few moments of staring at the man, Malakim relented, closing shut his eyelids. If only because he was not reliant on his visual senses to fight.

When they were transported upwards onto the ship, the Astartes's sight immediately opened again, Occulobe rapidly dilating as he took in the amassed flow of combat-information. They were surrounded, dozens upon dozens of civilians flooding the deck, the clear cries of prices and other mundane trades ringing in the air, supported by the scents of innumerable ongoings.

But what quickly caught the Space Marine's attention was the man wreathed in ethereal energies, lightning-residue still cackling between his hands.

The Space Marine's hand instantly twitched towards his combat knife, unsheathing the blade in fluid motion as he took a step forward, readying himself to lunge forth onto the man. "Mutant." he quietly snarled, teeth gritted as he remained stock-still. It was all too possible that this Psyker had already claimed the minds of the citizens, perhaps the ones outside merely served to gather more sheep for this man's miserable flock.

"Explain yourself." the Space Marine addressed the mage "What is all of this? Did you bring us here? Did you wrench us away from our duties?!" For now Malakim's features remained blankly focused, loathing dutifully contained for the barest possibility that this psyker remained subordinate to someone else. Underneath his breath he intoned the Litany of Fortitude.

Then his sight swerved slightly to take note of a wildly-colored quadruped moving amongst the throng of onlookers. The notion that this being was merely mindless fauna was quickly dispersed when it called in clearly-understandable High Gothic before returning with a bucket of clear liquid. Leisurely it approached the group, aiming for the one that held himself with the venerabilty of a veteran soldier.

Stepping directly into its path with knife in hand, the Lamenter barred the creature's way. His formerly blank features gave way to clear hate as he growled "Xeno. Begone."

@Kaide` @Navuso (addressed directly)

@kanoro (mentioned)

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Navuso
@Sumirenko @Traveller's Guide

Allen turned his head to Satori as she addressed him. What struck him first was the device that was on her chest. What looked to be tubes leading to the heart where a gigantic eyeball was greeted him. It reminded him of the heart devices from his own world when someone needed it to live. It was a simple medical fact and he wondered if the girl had a heart problem.

"I...really?" he said dumbly, blinking at her in surprise, "We're...where are we? A new world?" He blinked some more as he looked around the deck again. He suddenly looked very worried. "Wait...I was just on my way to a store and..." He frowned as he remembered how he found himself in the water, nearly drowning, and shuddered.

"I...what about the people from our world? Won't they miss us? Won't they notice something?" he began to ask, fear creeping into his voice. A situation like this was heard of, other worlds didn't exist, right? But how else would he have found himself in water? It made no sense but that was the only explanation he got.

He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes before putting them back on. He was still sopping wet. "I-" His attention turned to the one that helped him earlier, who seemed to be causing a commotion. "H-Hey, don't be rude! I mean, I think they were just helping and all. Um..." He remained in his position on the deck, not wanting to get up yet.

Everything seemed to go by in a blur for Aleks, simply cooperating with whatever the fishermen had to say. She sat by herself on the fishing vessel, hunching up in some vague attempt to conceal her shivering. She watched everyone silently, noticing how many of them were equally confused as she was. Something huge was at play here, she suspected, but she was at a complete and utter loss as to what it could be.

Finding herself on deck with the others after being teleported up, Aleks mumbled a quiet "Finally," under her breath before beginning to force herself to stand. She was freezing out here, still sopping wet and very much in need of a towel. Seeing the largest of the group, Malakim, begin to act rather threatening to their saviors, her eyes narrowed and she spoke up.

lPC6d70.png

"Hey... man, I think we shouldn't be mean to the people that saved us." She deadpanned in his direction, staring right at him.

--

The mage stepped back slightly, his gaze locked right onto Malakim. He seemed somewhat unfazed, as if he was used to this kind of behavior by now. "It would be unwise to attack me." He stated flatly. "... Or anyone else. I did not take you from your home, nor did anyone else here." He glanced to the side, watching as some deck workers carried over the much needed towels for everyone.

The mage pointed towards the people bringing the towels. "We're offering you sanctuary aboard our ship. We do not know where the nearest habitable land is, so we are your only option right now. Apologies."

As the towels were being distributed to those that needed them, the mage continued towards the whole group at large. "I think word of your arrival has been passed on to one of the leaders here. They'll be here shortly to answer any questions you may have." A momentary pause. "Introductions... how rude of me. My name is Valonmura, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He shot the likes of Malakim a glance. "... Even if the feeling is not mutual."

@chaosheart13 @Sumirenko @kanoro @Traveller's Guide @Navuso

Status
Not open for further replies.