The Saviors

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Avira jumped onto Dusk's back. She had begun to draw an arrow when the man turned back. She watched as he returned to the other's side, her eyes quickly scanning over the two, memorizing their faces. As soon as he turned away, she sheathed the arrow and clicked her tongue as she grabbed the reigns. Dusk took off at fast run, breaking through the woods. Twigs and leaves whipped at Avira's face and clicked on her armor, but she wouldn't stop until they were out of the woods. She tried to figure out if she knew the two or not.

Karma looks back to see Avira gaining on him, so once she was close, he sped up pace so they rode at an equal speed. Karma also tries to think of anywhere he might've seen them, but his battle hardened mind reduces people to little more than faceless figures behind a helmet. That man though, the one in the robes... There was something about him... something ancient, and sad... Karma hated that sadness, because it was weakness... A weakness that he used to have, and it was sickening.
Next time I see him, I don't care who he is, something like that should have never lived this long. I'll kill him, and then I won't have to remember...

Avira didn't pull her helmet on, as she wouldn't risk the time to slow down. Dusk knew what she wanted, keeping stride beside Karma and Vengeance. They were only a few miles from the edge of the woods. Avira kept her head low, whispering in Dusk's ear. What she said was lost in the wind, but he could hear it.

(I'm lost, I'm just gonna let you describe what happens next. :/ )

As they reached the edge of the woods, Avira looked around, slowing Dusk to a stop and looking out. There, stretched before them were the rocky outlands. Avira felt her face, small cuts here and there. She looked to Karma, then past him. "Do you believe we are still followed?"
She had seen the men turn away, but did not know if that was a trick or not. She kept her eyes open, looking for any sign of movement.

Karma sighed and slowed, glad to be out of the trees.
"We shouldn't be, they looked pretty rough from that explosion. Do you know them from somewhere?"
Another thought crossed Karma's mind, almost blasting him.
"Do you think... they're part of the reason we're out here?"

Avira shook her head. "I recognized neither of them... though... from the feel they gave off, I have very little doubt that they are at least partial the reason we are here." She looked back to the woods, but only for a moment. "Perhaps our paths with cross with them again, and we may find out. Perhaps not." She looked out towards the rocks. "Both of them are strong in magic." She looked to Karma once more.

Karma grimaced as his fears were confirmed, but is angered as Avira mentions that they are magic users.
"Magic... It's always magic, it can never be a fair fight!"

Avira sighed. "We have a chance, as I don't believe they work well together." She said as she kept her eyes on Karma. "Do not get too worried." She said calmly before slowly nudging Dusk forwards.

Karma looks back in the direction from where they rode, looking for anymore movement, just in case. He glares into the trees before pulling on the reins and getting Vengeance to follow Dusk.

Dusk stayed in a trot as he crossed over the rocks. Avira kept a sharp eye out. "If we find survivors, what should we do?" She glanced back at Karma, but only temporarily.

Karma followed without speaking until Avira asked him about survivors.
"I... I don't know... It's only a matter of time before one of our two kingdoms are attacked, so it's there anywhere we can really take them if we do find someone?"
Karma thought for a moment before adding more to his comment.
"If they can keep up and do a fair share of work, I'm fine with them tagging along... Unless, of course, they step out of line."
He makes a slicing motion with his hand across his throat before grabbing back onto the reins. Vengeance bucks her head lightly in disagreement, but her lack of speech makes her unheard.

Avira gave no verbal response, but gave a curt nod. She slowed Dusk slightly as she heard a rock shift... after a minute though, she resumed the pace. "Keep a sharp eye out."

Karma looked out with an intense gaze, pulling out his sword a bit with a light sound of metal against metal, ready for any ambushes that might happen.

Avira noticed Dusk was pulling on the reigns and let him move East, keeping her eyes to the West where he was trying to avoid. She pulled out her dagger, spinning it between her fingers before holding it tight. She narrowed her eyes, listening closely.

Vengeance stops once Dusk turns, trying to decide whether she wants to follow her instincts and charge towards the danger or continue following Dusk. Karma dismounts and tells Vengeance to stay put, pulling out his ordinary sword and cautiously making his way around, following Dusk and Avira.

Dusk moved slowly, quietly. Avira narrowed her eyes and pulled sharply on his reigns. "Who are you?" She questioned aloud. Dusk strained to move, but didn't dare move without Avira's permission.

Karma stops and raises his shield and waits for the stranger to answer Avira, though he tired of waiting and sneaking around. He's a captain, a soldier, not some common thief.

Avira saw the young male slowly step around the side of the rock, his eyes flickering between the two. He was unarmed. Avira pointed her knife at him. "Who are you?" She spoke again.
"Zane." His eyes returned to her and he glared. "Scout."
Avira's facial expression didn't change. "A scout for what?"
He said nothing.

Karma watched the man carefully, but lowered his shield and sheathed his sword, waiting tensely.
"I suggest you answer the question... Zane."