The Satanist Meets His Angel

• Thread starter luvablelilmonster
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kat entered her dorm and moved as if she were in a dream. The dorm staff rushed to her, asking if she was alright, worried as hell about her because by now she was a light tinge of blue and she was shaking from hypothermia. She walked right by them, moving to her room and stripping from the wet clothes, leaving them on the tiled floor beneath her as she crawled into her bed. She laid there, naked and trembling, blank eyes staring at the wall, mind both silent and buzzing at the same time. Why did she care so much? Why did she let this one man get to her, to bring her down? She was an idiot for allowing it to happen, and she knew it. She finally let her eyes fall shut and she slept a deep, black dreamless sleep. Part of her never wanted to wake up. When she woke up, she would go to the campus psychologist. She would tell her everything from start to finish, and she would be sent away to an insane asylum. No doubt of this existed. She'd already asked the psychologist what would happen.

Dakota awoke shortly after he heard the door to his dorm close. It was just a normal day, nothing interesting was happening as usual and last night was just a dull memory. More like a dream. Still he refused to even prepare to go to work, he wasn't sure if it was a weekend or what. He just wanted to stay home or go somewhere and drink himself to a drowsiness lur. He had to at least call the boss, or go in and just do his work like a good little satanist. The door to his dorm opened once more as he sat up in his bed, the sounds of Taylor and Jacob's soft arguing. His body jolted up and he slowly leaned on the wall and slid his way out into the small living room. A soft smile on his face, hoping to hide his depression from Taylor but her gentle face turned into sorrow as she looked up at him. Her small hands wrapping around his waist and hugging him "I'm going to sub for the psychiatrist today. The Doctor needed some time off. And I will be here for you while Jacob is at work okay? It's going to be alright honey" Her voice was soft and whispering into his chest. She was only as tall as his pectorals but she gave wonderful hugs.

Dakota didn't want to object, his eyes lowered and his voice was harsh and uncaring "Do whatever the fuck you want to do, I don't care anymore" That got him a scoff and a ticklish punch in the abs. Turning and moving to change. He scavenged and found a red designed shirt and black pants. Running his fingers through his hair he left his dorm without another word. Taylor and her heels clacking behind him. Once there they separated and Dakota was back at his desk, fumbling through his folders and deciding what to do as Taylor and her black dress made their way to the psychiatric room. Taylor was excited and her short blonde hair bobbing as she walked.

When Kat woke up, she immediately rolled out of bed, dressing and pulling her hair up. She was in her usual uniform, her white polo shirt and khaki pants, bending the rules just a bit to wear her comfy steel toed boots that Cass had issued to her. She looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes sunken and surrounded by dark circles and she sneered. She was ugly. She wasn't worth a life, wasn't worth the breath she breathed. She let out a small growl and yanked the hairtie from her hair, letting her wavy hair fall down around her shoulders, part of it falling into her face. She looked like a physical apparition of hatred, of loathing, of depression. She shrugged, letting it fall the way it wanted and she left, heading for the psychologist's office. She walked right in as she always did, saw a different woman than usual; a short, blond woman, and cringed.

"S-sorry... Miss Sandy usually lets me just walk right... yeah... Sorry... I'll be out in the... waiting... room..."

As she spoke, her voice wavered and faded out, her feet and hands moving shakily as she backed out.

Taylor jumped a little, making a small peep and turned quickly to see what it was. A pen tight in her hand as if she was about to stab someone, but with Taylor's nature that was quite impossible. Taylor wasn't able to hurt a bug, they scared her to death. "No, no please take a seat. Katherine right? I'll be right with you" Taylor gave her usual sweet smile and gave a giggle. "You gave me a freight. I remember you now, you were at the party. Harley Quinn right? Wonderful costume, I would have never been able to pull it off but you were wonderful." Taylor couldn't help thinking rude things about Kat, it was Kat after all that put Dakota on his old wagon and strapped him in with chains. His past girlfriend did that as well so it was the past and Taylor let the anger slip from her mind. It was done and over with so she had no reason to worry. Unless Dakota got back on his drug binge. She hoped not. She took her seat where the doctor would sit and waited for Kat to sit down so they could begin the session. Though Taylor thought she could feel a ghost like presence, whether it was demonic or spiritual she did not know. This entity worried her.

Kat sat in the chair as she usually did, light fingers brushing over the beanie-filled rubber stress alligator on the table beside her as always, but never picking it up. She'd named it Alfonze, for some reason. She glanced to the new psychologist, not comfortable making eye contact with strangers, so her vision settled on the grey garpet in front of the door. She sighed gently and went back over everything. She told this complete stranger how she heard voices in her head, how she had 'imaginary friends' that played out scenes in her mind because as a child she was never loved so to feel emotion she has to be with imaginary people that she creates that way she controls how they react to her... She told her about being locked in a closet and molested by her stepfather when she was younger, she told her about wanting to die, she told her about trying to kill herself last night and the tragic loss of her car that she'd built in the lake... She told her about Dakota. When she said his name her voice broke and she had to fight back tears.

"He's... different. I've grown so close to him so quickly and all I want is the best of everything for him. I want him to be happy, to smile and be alright, but... He doesn't want me anywhere near him. He told me never to talk to him again... my heart is just so broken and I'm just so confused... I feel like part of me is missing when I'm not with him. I even met his mother. Sweet lady, God rest her soul. Ugh, listen to me. An Agnostic woman talking about God..."

Taylor listened and made some doodles about the image of the ghost she thought was following the woman around. Though it came out as a blur, half human and half mist. That was all she could observe. But once Kat mentioned Dakota, Taylor's gentle face frowned "Dakota has strong feelings for you. This had been the second time he has been this depressed in years. He doesn't want you to stop being in his life, he never did. He thought it was the best for you because he is a satanist and we don't fit in normal society. We never have, over the years we have been burned alive in the Salem witch trials and hunted down like animals for our beliefs." She had never fully admitted to anyone or even herself that she was a satanists. Most religions considered the paranormal to be sins of nature, she saw them as a person saw another. She was outcast in the modern world and worshiped by others. "When Dakota was little, about 9 when I met him, his mother was the nicest woman ever. But his father was a raging alcoholic, abusive. His father was a satanist as well, but he did not abide by normal rules. Dakota was more often than not used as a sacrifice to demonic spirits. Rituals are powerful if messed up. I don't know what his father was trying to accomplish but the result gave Dakota the ability to be a magnet to spirits. But him being a satanist himself draws demonic spirits. Dakota had done drugs to cope with this, his father left as soon as hs mother died and Dakota met a woman named Claire I believe. It was so long ago, but I can still remember her face clear as day." Taylor looked up towards the ceiling, she was trying to remember but nothing came to mind and she shook her head feverishly. "Dakota was about to propose to her after a year of a wonderful relationship, he was so pleased to find someone he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. But when he came home with the ring in hand, he found her hanging from the ceiling fan, a stool pushed over next to her. It ruined his life. Jacob and I would find him in the most terrifying places. He became a drug addict, LSD, Ecstasy Meth. Whatever he could get his hands on to get rid of the pain." Taylor sniffled and tried to fight back tears that pushed out of her ducts. It was so horrible to be thinking about this, it was a nightmare that she had lived and she hoped that it would never happen again. "He is cursed by demonic spirits and it was that horrible past that he lived that made him push you away. It's his barriers around his heart that allowed him to push you away but now its the worst thing he has ever done. He needs you and you have to show him that before he goes back to the drugs.Excuse me" Taylor set down her clipboard and went behind the desk to grab some tissues. Today was such a good day, or she hoped it would be after this meeting.

Kat listened, her facial expression softening and she scooted over to Taylor, putting a gentle hand on her back. She cared for Dakota deeply, but more as family, which was nice to have. Kat smiled a bit as she thought of Dakota being happy, of him living a semi-normal life. She knew he was a Satanist. She knew what that meant, but even then she didn't care. She just saw him as another person, as an equal human being.

"You've been more help than I could have imagined, Miss Taylor.," She blushed as she remembered Taylor never gave her name. Then how did she know it? The voice... She pushed it out. "I need to talk to Dakota. Thank you."

She stood and exited, the second she was gone she ran, sprinting to Dakota as fast as she could. She got to him and stood there, panting gently and watching him with shining eyes.

"D-Dakota. I know you're... what you are. Who you are. But do I care? Not one measly bit. What everyone else says is retarted, they're all dumbasses who hate anyone who isn't just like them. But me... I see you as Dakota Lane. You're a sweet man and I don't care what your religion is. So please... Even if you push me away, I'll always be here to talk to. I'll always be an ally for you. You are you, you aren't a terrible person, you're just different, unique, amazing you. Please. Please don't push me away."

She hadn't noticed the tears falling or the pleading look in her eyes.

Dakota's mind was silent. His eyes were closed as if something was leading him to a cliff. But he heard footsteps and they sounded rushed and heavy. Like someone was running away from something but they were coming closer. Closer. Closer. But he stopped as the sound ceased and opened his eyes. Curious and startled to see Kat standing before him with pleading eyes as if she was scared he would do something terrible. But once she spoke Dakota understood the pleading eyes and tears. It wasn't everyday a woman ran up to him with tears in her eyes and asking him to not push her away. Taylor must have spoken to her, Dakota frowned and blinked the tears from his own eyes, the woman could never keep anything to herself. But he didn't know what to say about the situation but her words and the fact that she knew what happened with his fiance brought his walls slowly crumbling to the ground. His own tears falling. Without hesitation the only thing he could think to do was pull the woman before him into a tight hug. Pressing her as close to him as possible, his mouth kissing her forehead and staying there.He didn't want her to leave, he has become too atatched.

Kat watched him as he took her pleading in, as he processed what she'd said and tears formed in his eyes. Had she offended him? Would he get even more angry with her? She furrowed her brow and nibbled her lip, watching him stand. He was going to walk away, she just knew it. What shocked the hell out of her was when he pulled her close, his lips pressing to her forhead and his arms holding their bodies together. He was so warm and solid, there was just no denying how amazing relaxing this was for her. She slid her arms around his neck and let her eyes drift shut as the world and everything bad dropped away from them. She was so comfortable in his arms, she never wanted him to let go. She spoke, her voice soft.

"Thank you. Thank you so much, Dakota."

If you risked your life for someone who never understood or failed to understand what you stood for, was not the right choice nor the person. But all people had problems and all people wanted to be loved, even if that love went nowhere in life or stayed in one spot. Dakota felt as if this was true, that it was only her in the whole world that he wanted. She understood him like no other and it made Dakota want to hold her tighter into his arms and never let go. He was making mirrors in to their relationship and he hoped that it would never end for the life of him. His ex was in the past and he would do anything in his power to stop Kat from being the next woman he had lost in his lifetime. After Kat he was sure he would never live again. He would end it before she let go of his neck. Before their clothes became skin to skin and even as they both faded into oblivion. He wanted her and he was positive that the next time he left her it would be for the after life. He promised himself. It was all he could do. But he never wanted to let her go so he held onto her as carefully as he could. No words between them and only silence.

Kat stayed in this man's arms for what seemed like eternity, remembering slowly what it felt like to live, to breathe, to exist again. Every problem drifted away and the world darkened, leaving the two of them standing alone to face the evil and stupidity of life. Something inside her made her fear that he would push her away again, that he would change his mind about this, but she bit her lip and stayed where she was. She never wanted to move, never wanted to be away from Dakota. He made her happy, safe, alive. She looked up into his dark eyes and spoke, her voice a whisper.

"So... What now?"

Dakota wondered that himself, though his mood didn't seem to change and probably wouldn't for a few days. This was what he dealt with. Every time he was without his drugs or any other ways to cope. However it was different because she was there but it still meant he had to work. "I have to work. I'm two days behind" he said simply, his voice still low and depression leaking from it as he pulled away from her. But he tried to lift up his voice as he began to slowly, turtles pace almost to walk to his office and get some work done. He was more than two days behind, he had so many things going on and now he was leading two rituals tonight. His hands would be full and that meant he would get no sleep at all. At least he had made up with Kat.

Kat watched Dakota go, walking away with the movements of a turtle, and she wrapped her arms around herself, looking down to the floor. Not everything was back to normal. She headed to her desk and sat, turning on and logging into her computer then getting to work. In a matter of hours, she had most of everything done for both today and the next three days. She worked hard when she was deep in thought. How would he be tomorrow? She bit her lip as the bell sounded, telling everyone to go back to the dorms because the work shift was over, but she used her hacking skills to make sure Dakota had logged off his computer, and she logged into his account, getting to work. After another couple of hours, she had him caught up, plus an entire week's worth of work.

Dakota had noticed, he never left his desk but had been planning the items he needed to pick up for tonight ritual. Jacob had a hayday with the candles and got drunk off of his ass, he formed a duck after the hot wax had formed a ball. He learned how to sculpt that day. But they were short five candles and of course Jacob's answer would always be 'I didn't do it'. He had tried to look up stores in the area that sold candles but it said he had logged on to another computer. A smile was brought to his face, she tried to help him because no one else would have. He logged out quickly and let her keep doing his work. If she thought it would help. He would take the time and burn his tattoo once again, to make sure it wouldn't start to bleed. He was a fan of fire and wax. It did wonders.

A few minutes later he found her desk and brought the chair next and sat on it. He leaned back against the wall and observed her. "You know, it's called work if I do it. If you do it that just makes it cheating." He shoved the list into his pocket and scooted the chair up to her desk.

Kat was nodding off at her desk, her typing slowing considerably as sleep tore at the edges of her conciousness. It took her a moment to realize what was happening beside her and she squeaked, straightening up and looking to Dakota, exiting out of his work. She'd finished it, but she was just messing around now, typing random words to keep herself awake. She spoke, her words slurred a bit with the tinge of sleep.

"I dinno what yer talkin about... I'm playin;' Sol'taire."

Dakota gave a short lived smile. Trying to make words out of the random letters she had typed on screen. He found Abs and whatever a sherth was but it made sense. His eyes fluttered towards he once as she spoke, the only word he fully understood was 'I'm tired' he shook his head and leaned back in his chair "You should get some sleep, they say demons steal your soul on a full moon like tonight. It's easier for them if your tired. Go to sleep" he said as soundly as he possibly could, but his arms began to tingle under his jacket and his pentagram felt as if it was burning. Dakota bit the inside of his lip and braced for the pain, he might need to re burn it if it continued to hurt like this. Dakota closed his eyes slowly. He was tired himself, he would be up all night tonight. He might not get any sleep for the rest of the week if he kept this up.

Kat yawned and shrugged, immediately falling sideways against him, her head nestled on his shoulder perfectly fitting like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle. She closed her eyes and began spiralling toward the darkness of sleep, but she managed to lift her 50-pound eyelids and look up to him with an unknowingly adorable sleepy look. He looked like he was uncomfortable, or was she just seeing things? She thought for a moment and blinked slowly, his voice humming in her ear, her heartbeat thrumming through her system. She wanted to sleep so badly, but she was fighting it. Fighting herself to stay awake. She decided to do one last thing before passing out. She leaned up and hesitated, her lips under an inch from his, before leaning forward and kissing him with warm, soft lips. She let her eyes drift shut and she stayed her ground, waiting for a reaction.