The Satanist Meets His Angel

• Thread starter luvablelilmonster
  • Start date
Kat giggled as Dakota made his 'dragonfly' statement, her mind wandering to the cancelled SciFi television show for a moment. She was just a nerd like that. She looked over to him as he chuckled, noticing how nice of a smile he had and it just made her own grow brighter, her heart skippig a bit. She blushed as she realized her heart did indiid just skip and she looked down to her knees, where her fingers were tugging at the hem of her skirt, toying with it nervously. She was showing signs of being attracted to this man. She forced herself to quit the fumbling and looked back up to him, her eyes shining a bit as he gave her a small pep talk.

"Well... I don't know about the whole 'believe in yourself' thing. It all seems a bit too Disney for me. And Jordan hasn't always been this way... Before I agreed to date him, he was actually pretty sweet, but of course the second he had me in those disgusting meat-hooks of his, things took a crazy-ass nosedive... What about you, Mister Cassanova? Any lucky lady... or, uhm... guy... in your life?"

She felt odd adding in the guy part, but hey, different strokes for different folks. She beamed a smile at him, scooting closer and enjoying the warmth of his jacket.

Dakota shook his head and he chuckled once again "I take it you were around the parking lot when Jacob and I were sleeping in his coupe." He laughed again, the most he had ever laughed "Jacob is as straight as a pole. Freshman year him and I went to a party. We both got drunk and ended up making out, we have been best friends ever since. He's dating my other acquaintance Taylor, which was the green dressed woman. They are buzzed but Jacob most likely took her to my dorm and seeing as they are both buzzed and Jacob is responsible enough not to drive." He said calmly. But he kept his gaze away from her. He didn't want to seem like he was watching her cause in the dark it would have been creepy and mildly stalkerish.

But he decided to make her feel well and put on some of his charm "Me and him have a special relationship that borders on homosexual tendencies but that is why he has Taylor. So you can sleep in peace tonight because now you know that I, Dakota Andrew Lane is not a homosexual. Alas Mr. Casanova is Straight." he gave a smile and stared out into the field once more.

Kat couldn't help but watch him as he spoke. She knew she must have looked like some kind of creeper, her shining eyes locked on this guy as he spoke, so she eventually managed to tear her gaze from him to look up to the stars and lean back, her butt falling into the gap between the seat she was on and the one behind her. Her feet now dangled up in the air and her back rested, somewhat uncomfortably, against the seat behind her. She wiggled a bit, the cold metal biting into her back but she shook it off. She sighed gently then looked over to him. Straight, huh? She smiled a bit and nodded, pushing back up onto the seat and poking his shoulder.

"Hey, Mister Ego, I lose no sleep at night due to you. I sleep quite well. Well, other than the snoring and moaning I apparently do at night..."

She blushed as she brought this up but shrugged it off. Her roommates had told ehr she talked and snored and moaned rather erotically in her sleep, but she and they just laughed it off. She stretched her back, making it pop about three times then she leaned over, her head resting on his shoulder for a moment before she sat back up.

'We should get back before people come looking for us. If we're caught out here rumors could be started. I for one love rumors, I learn things about myself that I didn't even know, but you may not want to tarnish your perfect record."

He was day dreaming once again as she spoke. It wasn't his fault, he only had less than a half of a beer. He was perfectly fine, but he wasn't buzzed so it must be his imagination running wild again. It tended to leave him with questions he wanted to know about someone else of even his mind, but that was to come later. Kat spoke about moaning in her sleep and it brought his half smile out "Oh goody, do you dream about me is that why you tend to moan? I do tend to stick into someone's mind" he added as if what she said meant nothing to him "Or do you dream about Jordan and his asshole attitude turn, maybe it turns you on? Maybe thats why you can't seem to break up with him. It may be that you dream about him and it causes you to experience ecstasy while you sleep?" but even saying this he shook his head. It was none of his business to be wondering why she moans in her sleep, or her relationship status with Jordan. Little did their relationship bother or interfere with Dakota's life, why should he care?

"As for rumors there are more than enough rumors floating around me, a few more wouldn't hurt." He said closing his eyes for short moments as if he was nonchalantly sleeping. But then he would open them again once she rested her head on his shoulder. But before he could ask her to keep her head there she was already gone into her own bubble. Dakota decided not to press what he wanted to happen.

Kat couldn't help but bust up laughing. She'd neverlaughed like this before, she covered her mouth and threw her head back, even snorting a little. She'd never felt so... happy as she did when she was around this guy. Dakota. She shook her head, perfectly manicured hand still covering her mouth until she had stopped grinning. Problem was, she began smiling all over again when he brought up rumors. So was he a bad boy of sorts? She giggled to herself, shaking her head a bit as she turned on the bleachers, folding her legs across to keep herself balanced as she turned fully toward Dakota. He was alluring, kind and handsome in a dark, mysterious way. She laughed a bit and tilted her head, her voice coming out gently.

"Ya know, you're like a dulled down version of the Joker. How interesting. No, not just Joker, maybe a hybrid between Joker and the Bat. With the whole dark knight thing going on. It's really... interesting."

She smiled sweetly then stood, hopping from bleacher to bleacher, descending downward into the dark wet night below them, her pigtails bobbing and skirt flouncing as her platform boots made clunky music on the metal. She hit the wet grass with both feet then struck a cute pose before looking up to Dakota.

"Hey, are you coming or not, oddball?"

She realized she still had his jacket on so she adjusted, putting her arms into the sleeves and buttoning up so it looked like it was all she was wearing other than the shoes.

"Dulled down? I take that as a compliment, then again I might throw you into a vat of acid. But for now I'll let that comment slide" Dakota made a false threat acting as if he was serious. But he wasn't, his emotions were far underneath serious. Seeing as he was with a strange woman who he had only run into a few times, he was at ease wit himself. With her. He watched her moving about on the bleachers, there was something more angelic about her. Something he couldn't place about her personality, this concerned him. She wasn't the open book he assumed she was, he guessed thats why the saying is don't judge a book by its cover. He couldn't judge her yet because he has not read her inside. Though comparing a human to a book was unethical. Dakota found himself lost in his thoughts, when he shifted out of it cause Kat spoke again, he wondered if she had really been talking the whole time and he missed it. He would figure out later.

Oddball? Was he really that strange? She must have noticed how he seemed to be out in space, like his soul was somewhere else. Or he was just as someone would expect by his appearance. He frowned at the thought that lowered his own esteem. He fixed his hat, why the hell did he do that to himself, rat on himself like his father did. Dakota gave a sign but covered his sadness with a smile as he followed her, taking the slow safe way seeing as when he was not paying attention he would trip and fall. He took the stairs but reached her rather quickly. Once he reached her side, he stepped in front of her and fixed the collar. Lazily "You look nice in it."

Kat watched Dakota sit there, unmoving until she spoke, then he seemed to snap out of his stupor and she raised an eyebrow, slightly worried. What was he thinking? Was it a bad thought? She bit her lip as he descended on the stairs and approached her, his dark eyes stormed over in thought. She watched him curiously, her eyes sparkling a bit then she blushed a bit as he fixed the collar of his own jacket on her, giving her a compliment. She wasn't used to compliments, but instead of laughing and brushing it off as she would had anyone else given it to her, she muttered a soft 'thank you' and began walking with him to the edge of the field. For some reason something clicked in her mind and she began singing the song 'Don't You Forget About Me', making a fist pump and freezing as the freeze-frame at the end of the movie 'The Breakfast Club'. She giggled and belted out to chorus, her voice angelic and unbreaking as she jammed out, singing loud and not caring who heard. She pointed to Dakota, singing to him, pretending to serenade him until she broke into a fit of giggles and fell into step beside him.

"Sorry 'bout that... Couldn't help it. I just have those random moments, you know?"

She grabbed his hand and tugged on it a bit, fingers lacing with his as she began running toward the edge of the field. She was a bit worried about being caught in an AWOL area. She'd never been written up and she surely didn't want to start now. She eventually let her hand slip from his, fingers lingering on his a moment so she could run ahead.

All of this happened so suddenly and Dakota couldn't keep up with what was going on. First she was singing to him, then laughing and trying to make him run out of the field with her. Maybe he was missing too much in his own life to care about the events he can't keep up with happening in front of him. To wrapped up in his past possibly, wouldn't be the first time. The first few times he sat on his couch and stared at the blank television like it was showing him his own history, the history he hated out of everything. The remembrance of his father, the would be future reason why Dakota went into Satanism to cope. And cope he did, until the man died and left horrifying objects back for Dakota to keep. He ran with her once she did, like a puppet he trailed behind. When she sang to him, he put on a pleased smile and a nod in approval. But he wasn't there mentally. This happened often and mostly consisted of his memories and rise in his anger.

"I wish I would know, but I never have had random moments that I can recall. Maybe when I was younger.." Dakota said simply once he managed to catch up with her. His steps became slightly rushed as he tried to avoid getting caught. Wondering what he could have done to make her twist her fingers with his, surely it was a cause of friendship. But Dakota picked it as something more and this thought made him slightly smile. She was into him, simple as that.

Kat stopped once they were in the pavilion, out of the AWOL area and she sat on a stone bench, looking up to Dakota. He'd seemed so ou of it all night. She barely knew him but she knew he wasn't always like this. She felt a bit bad, thinking she had said or done something wrong and he was growing bored of her. After a moment she looked away, the smile and glimmering eyes gone. She didn't mean to be anoying to people, but all her life it's what she'd been. Her mother had left and chosen her half-sister instead of her, she'd never really had any friends due to all the moving around, she'd spent every birthday on the road moving to someplace different... She'd never known how to act around people. The only people she could actually talk to were her teachers going through school, and now that she was at job corps, she couldn't talk to any of them, either. The only person she'd ever been able to depend on was her father, and even he was never really there for her. He was always online, on his video game or on dating sites although he was married to the wicked bitch of the West, the stepmother who loved to beat and yell at Kat for any reason. She cringed as she remembered. Her dad's kidneys were failing and he had to go to dyalisis everyother day of the week, and even though that was helping, it wasn't much and he was still dying. She looked down to her hands as she twiddled her thumbs, tears threatening to fall then she looked up at Dakota again.

"I'm sorry if I'm boring you... I'm not... good around people."

Dakota shook his head "No,no its not that. I just have thoughts that refuse to leave. It's nothing that you caused I promise you. But you are good with people, you have made me smile more in the past few minutes than anyone else has been able to ever since my father past away. You have good social skills" Dakota sighed softly and took a seat next to Kat on the bench "It's me who make people feel like this also, I'm flawed more than most." he wanted to say more but didn't know how to word it correctly so it would make sense and not make him sound insane. But he frowned once he finally noticed how her head was down, was she about to cry? Dakota pulled her into a hug that wasn't tight enough where he was hurting her but tight enough to where she could feel him but get away if she needed too. "Come on, don't cry. Or else your going to make me and I cry like a little girl" he tried to make her laugh but so far he wasn't getting anywhere. He knew that he didn't want her to be sad in his presence, or because of his presence.

Kat listened, nodding gently as he explained, but she still felt a bit bad. She didn't want him to be sad at all, ever, but of course, she couldn't make everyone happy all the time. She fiddled with her fingernails and nibbled her lip, eyes shining, wet with tears until she felt his arms around her, pulling her against him and she tensed, not used to hugging and feeling the warmth. She looked up at him, her lips under an inch from his, then she looked back down and relaxed a bit, head resting on his chest and her eyes closing, her hand resting on his chest. He was so kind. She was so... crazy. She laughed a bit as she realized that if he knew half the things she never told anyone he would never see her the same again, but she didn't worry about it. She'd never let any of her secrets out. She sighed a bit happily and yawned, stretching a bit and sitting up before standing and straightening her clothes out.

"It's almost time for dinner... I should go change into something more... pleasing to the eye, yeah? I'll see you at dinner."

Dakota nodded and stood up as well soon after her. It was such a nice moment to be hugging a woman who fit in his arms instead of Jacob who squirmed and refused like a little spoiled child to stay still and embrace the hug. But that was Jacob's character and Dakota loved it any way it came. Just like he was starting to enjoy Kat's personality, though he was sure they believed in totally different things and that would decide whether they continued to see each other or not. When she mentioned dinner, Dakota simply shook his head "I won't be at dinner, the Lord of the Rings marathon is coming on and I refuse with every bone in my body to miss it" he gave a light smile and kissed her forehead. A big move on his part. Usually he stayed away from people period. He couldn't fathom why it was like this. He jsut was living on the rumors people have made, he let them control how he was.

Beginning to walk away from her he stopped and turned "Keep the jacket, it really does look good on you." and with that he tipped his hat to her and proceeded to his dorm, totally forgetting that his friends might be having sex. He was intent to get ready for his session. A private painting and electric guitar lesson. Him and his friends were thinking of making a band. Dakota had nothing to lose, except his job but that was highly unlikely.

Kat opened her mouth to protest, to beg him to spend more time with her, but god, how desperate would that sound! She blushed a bit, nodding as he walked away and she hugged herself, her hands gripping the abric of his jacket and she took a deep breath, inhaling his scent. It was odd, but it was... calming. She made her way to her dorm to go through her clothes and find something more suitable to wear. She found a pair of bellbottom dark blue jeans with a silver-y shimmer to them and a Doctor Who T-Shirt that had the TARDIS on it and read "Trust me, I'm The Doctor". She redressed after showering all the makeup off and put her hair up in a high ponytail before slipping Dakota's jacket back on and heading outside to wander around until dinner. She saw people she knew, like Andrew, her tall lanky friend who was the most random guy she'd ever met. He had a patchy mustache on his upper lip and liked to cover part of it and slick his hair to the side, playing Hitler and it made her laugh. She really didn't have much of a religion, so she'd laugh at anything offensive. It was also funny because her stepmother was Jewish, so she'd like to imagine introducing the older woman to her friend Hitler. She laughed to herself as she went to him and hugged his thin frame, her head only coming to his chest because he was so tall. Andrew started talking to his other friends and Kat sat on the picnic table nearby and let her mind wander to Dakota. He was so... different. But then again around here, it usually meant hew as the same. She looked up to Andrew and spoke, cutting the man off.

"Do you know a Dakota Lane?"

Andrew, who was in the middle of a sentence, stopped and looked at Kat with wide eyes.

"Yeah, he's a friend. Why?"

Kat shrugged, blushing and looking away and Andrew sat by her, putting an arm around her.

"Let me tell you something. He may be my friend, but in general, he's an asshole. I mean, not on purpose, he's just brutally honest with everyone and it sometimes comes off as being an asshole. And... he's kind of a Satanist."

Kat 's heart froze at the word 'Satanist and she looked up to Andrew, her brow furrowing.

"Oh..."

Dakota opened the door to his dorm, fumbling with the keys and stopped to see if he could hear anything. Hearing the faintest sound of a moan would save him the horror of seeing them. He was involved in Jacob and Taylor's life but he never wanted to be caught involved with that mess, he'd kill himself first. But it was nothing but silence and he gave a sigh of relief. He could do what he wanted in peace now, maybe paint a picture. Though he wouldn't consider what he painted to be any form of talent whatsoever. Clearly this was why he had splotches of paint on the walls, from when he got to frustrated and felt like giving up. His room was mostly red and black themed, a few different colors askew but mostly dark and neutrals. His Television and laptop was on. Two things he believed to be haunted in his little corner of serenity, they just had shortened fuses and half the time either Jacob or Taylor was here and they loved watching their Paranormal shows late at night. But from the way his dorm looked, they had stopped by, wondering if they would stay but decided against it.

Dakota turned off his Tv manually like he always did to make sure it was off. And took his normal place on the couch where he reached over and plucked his laptop from where it sat. Moved the cursor and found a stick note. He squinted slightly but read it, from Jacob.

Dark doesn't always mean evil
Light doesn't always mean pure

Dakota nodded to himself and set his computer aside, the one poem that was short enough yet filled with different meanings. The main one was that there was to be a ritual on the full moon which was in two days. Dakota would be there.

At dinner, Kat was sitting beside Jordan as usual. He said nothing, but she looked to him and spoke, her voice soft. She tried multiple times to get his attention, but he was too busy eyeing other guys, literally snarling at them if they even glanced at Kat. He eventually looked over to her and pointed to the jacket, recognizing it from when Dakota was wearing it in the gym. Kat could tell Jordan was angry just by the look in his eyes, but she figured it was now or never that she'd finally break free from this creep, so she interrupted his obvious 'where'd you get that thing' question to talk, scooting off the stool she was sitting on and standing. It took her a moment to think of what to say, then it just came out.

"Jordan, I can't handle this any more. You're just... a horrible human being. I can't date you any more. Please just... stay away from me."

Before he had a chance to respond, Kat was gone, dumping her tray in the trash and pushing out the exit door and into the darkening night. She sighed deeply, a feeling of freedom and happiness overwhelming her and she giggled, a bright smile on her face as she almost skipped back to her dorm. She felt so great, so light and amazingly airy.

Dakota wasn't even hungry, he usually never was. And his unusual craving for Taco Bell was gone. His dorm was decorated to look like a model home about to be walked through. Clearly he was never home and when he was, his moments here consisted of cleaning and making sure he would be pleased if his OCD decided to pop up. His face covered in splats of paint, and a half painted canvas in front of him. The colors all neutral except for a neon green that appeared from his brush at random. His music from his laptop playing music he usually never listened to. Sadly enough he wasn't focused on the music but his half done canvas of random paint marks. He had no painting talent. Pandora was a horrible internet radio choice on Dakota's part, but nevertheless he liked variety. A mix that ranged from whatever he was listening to right now to Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Limp Bizkit, and the occasional presence of Slipknot. Dakota held one paint brush handle in his mouth, treating it as if it were a piece of straw and he was country boy. A plain pair of black pants and a Van Helsing T-shirt, covered in paint.

He thought he was alone, until the music turned and he involuntarily turned it louder, till he couldn't hear himself think properly. "The Good Life" by Three Days Grace. He began to sing, his voice closely sounding like Adam Gontier's in his own opinion. But something clicked in the door and Jacob walked in without knocking and shut the door. A full bag of Jack in the Box curly fries hanging on his arm and a curly fry hanging from his lip which he swallowed like a lizard and made a bee line to Dakota's laptop to turn the music down, getting a growl of protest from Dakota. "Don't turn down my music"

Jacob set the food down but didn't turn it back up "So how was your date with that girl? I take it since you are blaring music to the parkinglot you had memories of your father" He turned to lean his back against the counter as Dakota nodded to the last part.

"It wasn't a date, I jsut felt bad for her......" Dakota was interrupted by Jacob who gave a laugh and commented "Bull shit. you like her or else you wouldn't have even given her the time of day. You know it and I know it. and what the fuck is this shit that your listening to??"

Dakota noticed that the song had changed but he took no notice to change it and he said simply while still painting "Kesha" he gave a smile once Jacob groaned loudly and made another comment "It's like Techno puke. I think I want to slaughter small children right now listening to this"

Halfway to her dorm, Kat's smile faded and she stopped in the middle on the sidewalk. She sighed gently and continued on her way to her dorm quietly, her attitude changed immensly. She got to her room and was in bed hours before curfew. She didn't feel sad or depressed, but she wasn't too extremely overjoyed, either. She was just... there. She curled up under her quilt and looked out the window that covered one wall until her eyes drifted shut and she fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

When she woke up and looked at the clock it was 3 in the morning. She rolled out of bed and went to take a shower. As she let the rarely hot water run over her, she sang gently, her fingers scrubbing shampoo into her hair and she kept her eyes closed.

Dakota woke up on his bed, it was so early but that was normal for him. Late to bed and early to rise. Assuming by the silence and snoring he heard, told him that Jacob had spent the night. He sat up gently and shook out his hair to prevent it from sticking to his face. He might get dressed and go out of a walk, or a drive maybe if he felt like doing so. His ears where ringing and he was shirtless so he wondered what happened. The only thing he felt was the burn of his tattoo, some parts of it were bleeding. He'd have to fix that this morning. Good thing he kept a lighter around for lighting the candles and getting wax to make the pentagrams for the rituals. He needed to stop the pain. And he'd have to clean his sheet as well, the blood dripped from his shoulder onto the red sheets. It was hard to miss. Dakota frowned, biting his bottom lip as he pressed his fingers against his bleeding tattoo.

"Where is that lighter?" he asked himself looking around and trying to remember where he had placed it.

When Kat was done showering and dressing in a pair of black bootcut jeans and a black T-Shirt with a lime green spray-painted smiley face on it, she brushed her hair out and slipped her self-made three-eyed sock puppet kitty hat on, tugging on the braided ropes on each side of it to pull it down correctly, then she snuck her black DCs on and snuck out of the dorm after grabbing her oversized black jacket from her closet. She knew it'd be too cold for anything else. She immediately shut the door quietly behind her and took off running across the sidewalk, her heavy footsteps sounding on the sidewalk as she ran, her wet hair flying behind her. She panted a bit but she needed this run, needed to feel at least some kind of freedom.

Dakota got dressed in his simple outfit, his black converse, his black pants and a dark grey Disturbed shirt for the album Asylum. He headed towards his truck from his dorm. Staring at the sky and wondering when it would rain again, he wanted it to rain. It was the only few times he went to the graveyard halfway across the state to see his mothers grave, just to talk to her. Though he believed that she had taken the form of someone else around the world, or even in the city he was in. Every woman he listened to or observed reminded him of his mother in some way. When he was growing up he hated his parents, both of them and resented everything they did for him. His father for being a drunken waste of space and his mother for being alive and bothering him for little things. It was only when she divorced his father and left him there that he wished and longed to be with her. When she died it was as if his heart was ripped out of his body by hot branding irons. His father didn't even show up at her funeral with his new wife, the fact that the man was still alive brought anger to Dakota.

With his mother on his mind he was focused on seeing her this morning, even if it wasn't raining. He just wanted to speak to her in any way possible without confronting Taylor's paranormal expertise. Since he was a demonic entity magnet. The parking lot was quiet as ever, too quiet. Reaching into his trench coat and pulling out his keys, fumbling with the lock on his truck door. His eyes seeming to draw over to a woman jogging with wet hair he could only count as Kat's. A small smile came to his face, so she was an early riser as well. How quaint. He slowly hoisted himself into his truck.