The Sapphire Navigator.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance plowed through his breakfast like a space trucker trying t make his last drop on time. It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. He finished the pancakes in record time, even going as far as to wipe the plate clean with one of the 4 English muffins. Next he tackled the meat; bacon first. Biting into its salty, fatty, crunchy goodness, taking time to deeply savor every bite. Next he went for the sausage, with he put next to the eggs. There was something about sausage and eggs that together that just "hit the spot" for Lance. After that he slowed down a little, but not much as he poured ketchup over the has browns and added the ham that he had sliced up with his knife.

Through a mouthful of the hash and ham Lance Said to Terra.

" Well, maybe we should get your head checked out? I mean, over the last few days you really got a few good bangs on it to say the least"

He finished his Hashbrowns, wiping all the excess goodness with his last slice of English muffin, then pounded his OJ with a furious passion. HE felt grate now and took a minute to look out the window. The town had exploded to life. People were coming and going. Some were shopping some were working. Lance noticed that most of the city workers seemed to be trimming bushes or tress and sweeping the walk ways. HE also noticed how well kept everything was here, it was nice. Not as once as Restoria, but still nice. In the center of town was a large fountain, it was a stone statue of a small child holding its mothers hand. The mother statue held a bundle of laundry, out of the laundry is where the water shot from. A little odd, thought Lance. Over to the left was a tall building labeled " Citizen one bank" hmmm, thought Lance, maybe they could keep some of their treasure here.

" Well, about ready to leave then Terra?, If you want we could find the Doctor or a hospital or something?"

Terra munched her own breakfast, glad she was just able to keep everything down. What she hadn't told Lance, was that she hadn't had her 'female time' in a while and the nausea she'd experienced today was just something she'd gotten used to over time. She learned to hide it well however, and blinked at the doctor idea. "Ew. Doctor.... I''ve seen those enough times I think..... Mostly during concussions I just can't sleep or 'strain my eyes' I'll stick with that and avoid the doctor." She replied sipping her coffee. She didn't like going too often to doctors or medical people. She just had that stubborn streak. It was definitely springing up now.

Lance decided, after the delicious meal, that she was going to go weather she wanted to or not. He stood up and realized that if she kept feeling sick it was eventually going to get in the way of things.

" I don't know, Terra, I really think you should go. As your captain I am requesting that you get a check up, do you accept this command?" Lance had not pulled Rank on Terra before, but this was for her own good, If she turned out to be seriously ill, things could result in disaster for them both. He looked to her awaiting her answer. He gave her a look tat would tell her that he was serious, if she wanted to push the matter further then they would go from there, but for now his command as captain stood.

Terra blinked innocently then gave a sigh. "Okay... I'll go only cause you're pulling that rank thing." She paid for their breakfast, then took a quiet moment to locate the nearest doctor clinic. "Just one block from here is a Dr. Snyder Collins. . ." She didn't add that he specialized in head traumas as well as 'pregnancy tests'. She didn't think about pregnancy because she was fairly certain the stomach issue was probably just a flu bug or from being thrown around so often. Pregnancy. God what a terrifying word. Would Lance abandon her if she did test pregnant though? She didn't want to let those thoughts get any darker, and led the way out of the Omelet house as soon as they were both ready to leave.

Lance was surprised that she didn't argue at all. He was used to her being more stubborn, this worried him even more. She must have felt that deep down she needed the Doctor. Lance stood up and offered Terra his arm, she looked like she could use the help. Alright, so the office was one block away. lance paid for the meal and headed out the door with Terra in tow. The sun was shinning and everything looked nice and peaceful outside. They rounded the corner and came to a Large building marked " Doctors Square" It was a huge complex of various offices

"Alright Terra, I'm guessing your doctor is in there some where" He said motioning towards the two huge swinging glass doors.

"You know this isn't such a bad planet either. It seems very industrious." She said, making small talk as they checked into a very nice, comfortable looking waiting room. She was the only person Dr. Snyder Collins had to see this morning, so things went smoothly, up until Terra was called into the examination room. Lance had to stay in the lobby. As Terra got stitched up for a second time on the side of her head, she asked the doc a few personal questions. An ultra sound was provided, which confirmed Terra's -worst- fears: She was already a month pregnant! She had the options of losing the baby now, or having it born discreetly and giving the child up for adoption if she proved unable to raise him or her. Terra's mind swam with confusion. . .how did she deal with this? She only requested that the doctor didn't tell Lance. She would have to find a subtle way to tell him whenever they went shopping for a new ship. After paying the doctor bill, she was led back out to the lobby where Lance was waiting.~ Could this day get much worse?

Lance waited for Terra in the lobby. He was blown away at the sheer size of the establishment. It mush have had 50 offices, and that was on the first floor alone. Nurses in pink pin stripped dress and doctors with stethoscopes hanging from their necks walked in every direction. Some looked to be in a hurry and others seemed to be. Bottom line: The place was huge and busy. The celling was almost too high for Lance to see without squinting, it was all paneled with white marble. It was a beautiful establishment to say the least. Finally Lance decided to wait in a comfy looking chair just outside the main check in. While there, he saw numerous people checking in , some with mild injuries and some that looked pretty torn up. This must be the emergency check in, thought Lance.

Terra tugged on Lance's sleeve, holding a bag full of medicine, and a statement of her pregnancy test. . .she sighed, then handed Lance her statement, terrified of what his reaction would be like. . .would they end up breaking up over this? Would she have to find her own ship and just travel alone? Taking care of her baby? She didn't want to believe he was like that ....but both of them were awfully young to be parents! So really. . .she tried not to dwell on the outcome. How was she going to take care of an unborn child anyway, traveling through space so frequently, plus the mishaps that were occurring to them all the time?

Lance looked at the statement, then at Terra, then back to the statement. It took a minute to register in his mind, after all it was the last thing he expected. However it shouldn't have been, unprotected sex usually resulted in pregnancy. By the time he got it,he realized Terra was already in his arms and he was hugging her fiercely. It was a wonderful feeling, Lance was now a father. He could hardly believe it, he had gotten his Navigator pregnant. Was it fate? Or was it just something that was meant to happen for some other reason? Lance wasn't sure, but he was sure that he Loved Terra very much. One thing was sure; They would have to get married.

The only thing that Lance could manage to say in the lobby of the hospital was

"I Love You Terra"

Terra let herself fall in Lance's arms, not even realizing she was crying. "You're too good, Lance... I love you too." She had never believed in her whole life in the fairy tale word 'love' at least not until she met Lance. Now things were being proven and dis-proven every day. She wondered, would they make good parents? Could they settle somewhere, . . .or just keep on traveling different planets, letting their child explore with them? So many random thoughts were going through Terra's mind she felt herself start to grow dizzy. She'd been a slave almost her entire life, never meeting her parents once, wondering if they were alive somewhere in the galaxy or if they'd died somehow and she'd just ended up as a slave by fate. Then on a random day, she escaped slavery to join Lance as an explorer/navigator. Had it been a love- relationship the entire time and neither were able to see it until recently? She didn't know, but she was honestly very relieved knowing that she had someone as good and solid as Lance in her life. He was dependable even if not predictable. He made everything okay even when things looked as if they would be doomed in just moments. She felt as if they'd already been married in their partnership on their explorations. . .but at first it had just been mutual friendships. How had things developed so suddenly? That didn't even matter anymore as her worries completely vanished. Somehow or other things would work themselves out.

Lance's mind was clear. He wasn't worried about anything, every thing seemed to be falling into place. Terra was the missing piece to himself that he had struggled his whole life to find. Every other girl he had ever met was two faced, untrustworthy, unreliable and above all else fake. Terra was perfection, not just as a Navigator and travel mate, but also as a lover. Lance felt he could always trust her, and never have to worry about her doing anything to jeopardize their relationship. He had known her long enough as a co-worker to know this. The best part of it all was, Lance was going to be a father with the Women he loved.

Terra had never felt this safe or complete in her existence. She always loved being this close to Lance. He resembled everything she'd ever wanted out of life. Especially the security, knowing she was always loved this whole time. He could have run off and left her when she told him she was pregnant, but he wanted to marry her instead. "So what's first on the agenda, Lance? After we buy a new ship?" She asked, smiling at him. She kept his arms around his waist, reluctant as always to let go.

Lance, with Terra "Wrapped" around him, walked down the road. In times like this things seemed to be brighter, have more definition to them. Everything seemed new and Exciting. IT was as if Lances life up to this point had no real meaning, with Terra every thing just seemed to come into place. Lance, by this point, had his arm wrapped tightly around her Shoulder. Now that he had her he was never going to let her go. Thoughts were zooming through his head. Where would they live? Where would they raise their kid? Would there be any more space travel? Lance guessed that they would have to discuss it, after all it was a union of sorts. Lances thoughts froze. They needed to get married, and soon.

Terra unwound herself from Lance as they walked towards the ship arena. She watched a few sleek looking space ships being flown around for demonstrations a while, noticing the huge crowd that gathered to watch. "We can get married in Restoria. . .maybe even live there?" It was a question, but the planet really would be the best place for them. "But I'm not giving up exploring until my 4th or 5th month." She added with an onery grin. No matter what happened it seemed Terra would never lose her stubborn side.

Lance thought about it, Restoria would be nice, but honestly he wanted to live somewhere else, somewhere that wasn't a tourist spot.

"Alright" Said Lance , giving Terra a stubborn eye to match her ornery one. "We'll explore, but ONLY to find a place to live. I'd rather not stay in Restoria."

Just then something caught Lances eye. It was a Jewery store. He needed to find a ring for his bride to be. The only thing was, he didn't want her to know he was buying it...just yet.

" Hey, Terra. I need to go look at something over here, you gonna be alright for a minute. Maybe you could go check out the ships in the mean time so we can get off this Planet?"

Without waitng for so much as a response, Lance was off and headed into the Jerery store. A large sign that read "Ring, blings and more" Hung over the entrance. Lance walked in and quickly saw a ring that would fit Terra, he knew her size because he had gotten her a ring once before, back when she first joined him aboard his ship. HE paid with the solid gold coins that they had gotten on Restoria and left to find Terra, hopefully she had found a ship so they could get out of this place and go to get married.

Terra rose her eyebrow! He was being suspiciiooous! But she ignored this in favor of a rather beautiful silver and green ship that was almost like their old ship, but much more modernized and comfortable. Not to mention longer. It had more speed, even fire power if they ever got caught in a bad situation. She pointed it out to Lance when he came back, to see if he'd approve of it. She didn't even consider a wedding ring!~ Mostly because she'd never really owned jewelry before.

Lance looked the ship over. It was perfect, and quite a beauty too. HE gave Terra a kiss on the lips.

" Its Beautiful, Ter." He kissed her again " Lets get it." They walked to the check out and paid, again useing the many gold coins they had taken from Restoria. They boarded the ship. Conveniently, the ship store was located right at the dock. They would be able to leave right away. Lance looked over the controls, they were very simular to that of the old ship. With a few button presses and some minor adjustments, they were off. Once in Space, Lance decided to pop the question.

He walked over to Terra and got down on one knee. In that instant, everything seemed to slow down to a snails pace. The stars outside seemed to stop, and the air around Lance got thick and heavy. Lace took Terra hand in his own, looking deep into her eyes.

" Terra, You are the Love of my life. Will you marry me?" He had the ring in a small black box in his other hand, opened so she could see its beauty.

Lance waited with baited breath for her to answer.

Terra held her own breath as she saw the ring he'd chosen: a sapphire blue ring, with an astonishing sapphire compass on the top. It even had tiny direction symbols engraved- the arrow pointing north. How appropriate, she realized. "Of course I'll marry you." She replied easily, kissing him deeply just for asking. It was a perfect match between the two of them. They honestly had been technically married the whole time. Now it was just time to make it more official. "So, if not Restoria.....where would we live?" She asked, hugging him close.

Lances chest exploded with the force of 1000 lbs of TNT, it erupted into his throat and split out onto his cheeks in the form of tears; Lance was crying tears f pure happiness and he didn't care. It was questionably the best day of his life, the close second being the day he started exploring. Everything was finally working out for him and the captain could not have been happier. He quickly stood up and wrapped Terra in a tight embrace, then a deep and loving kiss. Holding her so close to him made him realize the live he ha found was real, forever, and unrelenting. It would take him whole and carry him through the rest of his life.

" Well, I was think of some where less touristy, maybe somewhere a little more Isolated. I know of a nice place, its beautiful. Lots of forest area and large waterfalls and white sand beaches.Its Called Los Pardicio, but the waiting list to buy on of the homes there is long. We should still check it out though."

Terra wiped away her own tears on Lance's sleeve, obnoxiously of course! She grinned. "Los Pardicio..... sounds interesting. I'm up for scoping that place. We should go back to Restoria and grab more treasure though; who knows how expensive that planet might be." She replied, noticing now that the ring fit her finger perfectly. She kissed him a long while, very reluctant to part from him. Eventually though, they needed to get in their small ship."I'm ready to head out when you are..." She nuzzled him, not even minding the killer headache she had from her head-wound. That was the farthest thing from her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.