The Sapphire Navigator.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance wanted to rest and relax, even though they had just come from Restoria. IT seemed like they were always going, always going. Even on Restoria. Sometimes it seemed like Lance hardly ever got to do what he loved best; Explore. He wanted to live through his passion. Which meant discovering new planets. He sipped his black coffee and looked out the long glass windows. Out side thousands of stars twinkled in the distance, and just to think, thought Lance, anyone of those could be our next destination. The very thought sent a slight tingle up his spine.

Terra experienced something more like apprehension as they approached another planet: Steel gray and tan colored, with spots of white. Nearly the opposite of how pretty and colorful Restoria. She locked coordinates into the system's main computer then went to tell Lance their next destined planet was going to be called Orin. The atmosphere was safe and they should reach the atmosphere in less than three hours. She went to study the planet they were arriving in before they even considered taking the smaller ship there however, she felt it would be better if they tried to be more knowledgeable before hand, rather than jump head onto random planets that might bring more trouble than they were worth. Hopefully it would be a smooth ride straight to their docking area.

They drew closer to the planet. Dark clouds covered the surface, they looked like the sort of clouds that might hold some serious storms in them (?). As they got closer and closer and closer still ,rain and sleet started to hit the main window. It came it steady bursts, pelting the ship wit a thunderous roar. Every few minutes a large piece of ice would hit cause Lance to bite his lip, he didn't like the fact that they were receiving this much vicious weather. All of the sudden all the controls went out, harsh winds blasted the ship causing it to get slammed all around. The next thing Lance knew he had lost all control of the ship, it was being hurdled into the atmosphere with a binding speed and force. Lance prepared for the inevitable crash......

Terra gasped, feeling horrible. How had she mis-coordinated?! This hadn't ever happened before, so of course she was going to take this as a very personal blow. To make matters worse, the only thing the two of them could do was hurtle into a huge ocean, sinking towards the bottom as every light in the ship went pitch black. Terra strained to force the ship back to life, or to at least move it above surface, but it wasn't even responding to her new ability. She felt her head smack against the steering panel of the ship, then everything went black, with only the faint sound of trickling water starting to flood the small ship they had piloted just moments ago. Soon enough the ocean was becoming more like a watery grave for Lance and Terra. What would become of them??

At first, the ship skidded across the surface of what Lance thought to be water. He couldn't see it, but he could tell by the feel. The speed they were coming in at was fast, so it felt more or less like solid ground. After a few heavy thuds and a final one that sent Lance flying across the ship, it came to a rest. As soon as the Captain had time to realize what had happened he noticed something that confirmed his fears; Water leaking in. They were completely submerged. Lance only hopped that if they could get out, that Land would not be far away. BEcause if it wasn't, they would die a watery death.

Terra didn't wake up until the water was nearly up to their waists. "Lance..?" Blood trickled from Terra's forehead. Oh just what she needed -another- concussion! "Lance I'm sorry..... this is my fault if anything happens to us... " She said, overwhelmed with self- loathing for her stupid mistake. She couldn't believe how badly she'd messed up. And now the cost was apparently going to be their lives.

TErra was always trying to blame herself, Lance hated that. However, he didn't feel the need to protect her at the moment by saying " No, It wasn't" For the time being, all Lance could think about was getting the hell out of the sinking ship. The Water rose steadily as Lance struggled to get everything he could in his pack. Then he went to Terra and helped her, she looked like she had hit her head pretty hard and it was bleeding . He got her out and Pushed open the emergency door, luckily they hadn't sunk too far. Lance swam a short distance and found that he could see land.

"We're gonna be alright, Terra"

"I'll buy another small ship Lance..." She said, glad they saw land, and swimming faster with her own bag on her shoulders. She swam next to Lance, growing stronger just by seeing the landscape ahead of them. It looked deserted, but beyond the beach, there was a small city in the distance, and a shop that specialized in ships. "Question is now, should we wait somewhere until that storm blows over?" She asked, not wanting to get another ship just to have it crash again. They'd had enough close calls for one day.

Lance laughed at Terras Response.

" Don't worry about it, Terra. For one it was not your fault, and for two I think we have enough money to take care of anything we need"

HE was gasping for breath, deciding it was a better idea to swim and not talk. The storm was still pouring down as they reached shore. Lance decided that it was a better idea to find somewhee to hull up for the night, at least untill the storm blew over. He Scanned the beach and say a small cave not far away, it would be perfect for what they needed. When they got to it, Lance discovered that there was a small fire pit as well as some dry wood. Perfect, now at least they could have a fire. He looked to Terra.

" Wow, we got lucky. It could have been our lives instead of just the ship."

"Yes. And now we have a bunch of furious ghosts stuck on board the station." She wouldn't agree or disagree that it wasn't her fault, so she settled instead for building the fire herself to get warm after the storm slowed down just a bit. It picked up speed again however just moments later, causing Terra to go out into the storm again to gather bigger kindling for wood. She didn't even realize she was dizzy until she sat down with her head on her knees, wondering if her compass was broken or something... It was usually so good at warning her of trouble like this.

Lance watched as Terra went out to gather wood, he was going to try to stop her, but he thought better of it. If there was one thing about Terra, she was stubborn. Lance wondered if she knew that all the wood outside would be wet? there was no way it would burn? He kept his mouth shut and relaxed by the fire, stretching out and closing his eyes. It felt nice to dry off a bit, as it was he was soaked to the bone. He looked over to Terra, who seemed to be in pain or something, he wasn't sure but he thought there was little to nothing he could do to make her feel better.

"Are you alright, Terra.?"

Terra wasn't okay, but she'd left the wet wood near the fire to dry for later. "No.....why do I keep getting concussions? I feel prone to them now." She grumbled, cranky when she was in pain. She wanted another vacation already, and she hadn't even explored more than one planet. She also felt just as tired as she had before getting to Restoria. Maybe the long swim was part of that? She curled up by the fire and dozed. Nothing else to do but wait out this storm. "You're not hurt, are you Lance?" She asked, opening one eye to stare at him.

Lance broke into a warm laughter. Terra looked so adorable, the way she was so tired and opening just one eye to stare at him. Lance again felt the burning adoration in his chest, he loved her there was no doubt about that.

"Oh, yea." Lance finished his laugh "I'm fine, I mean we lost the ship, but hey we're still alive so I guess things could be worse." He put another log on the fire, It exploded into a crackling roar. Then He walked over to sit by Terra. He didn't feel like laying down for sleep just yet, so he put his arm on her and stroked her shoulder. Sometimes he felt like he should be more affectionate, but the line was very thin....he didn't want to be overbearing and scare her away. Sometimes Love was stupid like that; Instead of enjoying it to the fullest people tip toed around and try not to ruin it. Lance opened his eyes, realizing he had been rambling to himself.

Terra certainly wasn't getting scared away by affection. In fact, she just rested her head on Lance's chest, feeling more at ease this way. "You're right...I guess this was just a way of telling us to get an updated ship or something.." She said, trying not to dwell on her mistake. She knew sometimes things just happened without any reason at all; not everything was doomed for failure. She knew how strange some things could get. Was this really any different from previous bizarre incidents they'd had before? She frowned, wondering again. . .was she bringing bad luck??? She certainly hoped not.

Lance closed his eyes as Terra rested her head on him. He realized how little he actually cared about the ship. How could he care? He had Terra and that made everything else seem ok. Not only were they together, but They were rich. Lance glanced down at his newly equipped arm, and they had powers; life seemed perfect, actually, despite there near death, ship wrecked experience. There was little Lance knew about the future, except that he hoped to be exploring space, but one thing was for sure; If he and Terra were together, everything would be ok.

Lance hardly realized it as day erupted into the sky, it was bring and cherry. The storm seemed to be gone. Lance gently pushed Terra aside and stood to look out side of the cave. The black clouds that had cussed so ouch destruction seemed to be moving away to the eat and once again all was well. Lance zipped his jacket up to the neck, it was still a little chilly, but nothing that would be unmanageable. To the west was the City, it looked almost out of place in the misted of the forest and ocean. There was only the tops of the tallest buildings visible from where they were, but from the looks of it it was a large city. Lance wasn't sure what this planet was called, but they were both about to find out. Lance turned back and popped his head in the cave to see if Terra was up.

Terra woke slowly when Lance moved the next morning. The blood on her head had dried last night, but she felt dizzy and head achy still. Worse, she sneezed as soon as she sat up. "I'm up. Are we ready to leave?" She asked him trying to seem okay. She wasn't sure if she could move just yet, but she used the wall of the cave to push herself up. This was getting lame- how many more times was she going to get battered and beaten up before her body simply told her it wasn't going to deal with anymore? She pushed that thought out of her head, telling herself she wasn't going to have any options like that, and walked a bit unsteadily out of the cave to join Lance outside.

Lance noticed Terra was a little wobbly, so he wrapped an arm around her waist to help her walk. They made their way through the forest. Everything seemed almost dream like, sometimes that happened to Lance after a traumatic event. It was the way that your adrenalin pumped way up to almost un human levels, then just dies back down; it left him feeling a litle weak and more than that spaced out (lol). Finally, after about 15minutes of walking, they made it to the outskirts of town. Lance, being the food perv that he was, noticed immediately a sign that read "The Astroid omelet house", he looked over to Terra with a gleam in his eye. Before he got a chance to say anything he noticed that she looked a little pale.

"You alright, Terra?"

Terra nodded, but soon felt really nauseated. "I think I'll use the restroom before we eat anything Lance." She said, looking grim as she asked directions to the restroom. A nice elderly waitress pointed to the door towards the back, where Terra thanked her before hurrying to the stalls. After a few minutes, she was out with brushed teeth and a few worries on her mind. . ."Okay, I'm fine now." She assured him, having scrubbed her face from any evidence of being sick just seconds ago. Terra and Lance were both led to a quiet booth in a corner of the omelet house. It was nice and empty during these early hours, but it was a popular place, so soon enough it would bring in a lot of customers for breakfast and lunch. "What would you two like to drink?" The waitress asked smiling at Terra. "Just a glass of cold water please," Terra felt parched. She let Lance decide what he wanted from the menu.

Lance had a good amount of time to look over the menu. Terra had gone to the bathroom, Lance suspected to freshen up. It made sense, after all they had just spent the night in a cave!! Lance looked at his reflection in the back of a spoon, he seemed to look alright, his hair wa a little messy and unkept, but other than that fine. When Terra got back, Lance gave her knee a small squeeze under the table just as the waitress arrived. Lance knew exactly what he wanted.

" Yea, I'll have a large stack of butter milk pancakes with maple syrup. Bacon, sausage, and ham. Hasbrowns and and englis muffin." Lance thought a minute then quickly added " And three eggs over easy." The waitress gave him a once over, probably checking to see if he weighed 300 lbs, then she shot him a quick smile "Anything else, hon?"

"Yea" Said Lance smiling back " A large OJ and Coffee" She left after writting the order down.

Lance then turned to Terra with a concerned look on his face " Is everything Ok, Terra? I've been worried about you lately."

Terra had only ordered a small plate of biscuits gravy and hash browns before the waitress left, but she squeezed Lance's hand right back. "I'm okay. I hit my head a little harder than I thought." She admitted. She was glad when the waitress returned with their order not more than 15 minutes later, everything looking perfect. "Are you okay Lance?" She wanted to know staring at him so he couldn't avoid that question. The two of them had definitely been through rough weather lately. Not just from the storm either.

Status
Not open for further replies.