The Ryos Flame

Kehario had finally drifted off into sleep. He really had not rested since they arrived at the village. He plopped down further against the tree and leaned to the left on his elbow, slightly. A dream began to fill his mind, Miyako was holding on to him with a blush as he held her close. He then grasped her face gently in his palms and raised her head slowly to his, bringing his lips closer to hers. But as he readied to kiss her, the sound of movement and whimpering interrupted his sleep.

He opened his eyes slowly to see Miyako trying to move. "Miyako, you must not move." He said, softly as he raised from the tree and knelled down beside her, touching her should gently. "It is alright now. It is me, Kehario. I am glad to see that you weren't killed..."

Miyako couldn't look at Kehario. She even shuddered under the young man's touch. She was weak and she hated it. Instead of listening to his advice she tried to push herself up again, one hand going to clutch her shirt that had been ripped open shut while the other supported her. Closing her eyes she winced as her stomach protested the movement despite the pain numbing ointment. "We should move on in case they return. It is suicide if we stay here," she whispered before she found herself leaning against him as her body recognized him as a viable pillow. Despite her words for leaving, she found herself slowly losing consciousness as the heat from his body comforted her.

I won't get hurt if I am with someone else, part of her said. The other part of her didn't argue. "But an hours rest might be fine."

Miyako was being so stubborn right now. Despite him telling her not to move, she still struggled to. He moved slightly closer, just in case she fell. "You have to rest, Miyako." He said, just as she leaned against him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close. He couldn't help but look down at the wound and lower his eyes with a pained look. Keihario didn't like seeing Miyako in pain like this. He stroked her head lightly. " Miyako, do not worry about those men. If they come back, I will be right her by your side. Just trust me, that is all I am asking. Rest for now."

Kehario looked up to the sky, and then down the direction the men ran. It seemed that they wouldn't be coming back and if they did, he would make them pay for what they had done to Miyako,

Miyako looked up at him as he looked in the direction that the men had fled. He wasn't going to leave her was he? Go after the men despite his words of staying near her? Closing her eyes she leaned against him, listening to his breathing instead of his words. Weakly she reached up and gripped his shirt front as if that would keep him from leaving.

"Keh-" yawn, "Ario, I'm not a demon whore. Please don't think--" Another yawn. "I am." The soft sound of sleeping breathing left her lips as she relaxed completely against him.

Kehario continued to stare down the road. He watched the path like a hawk for any signs of movement. He was going to ensure that Miyako had a peaceful rest. The day continued to creep in as the little bit of night faded away. His attention soon after turned to Miyako. She gripped his shirt tightly and leaned into him and yawned as she snuggled against his chest. It was so adorable to him. "You do not need to worry, Miyako. I will be right here. You are correct as well. You are not a demon whore, but a woman with admirable traits and beauty to match. Do not let what those cowards tell you or did to you make you think otherwise." He said softly, as he leaned his back against the tree, holding Miyako firmly in his arms.

Soon after, he fell asleep along with her, resting his chin on top of her head.

Miyako didn't hear a single thing that the young man told her for she was deep into her sleep. A dream about a beautiful woman began. She danced, worked right, and lived among her village and soon went to find herself a love. A man like Kehario eventually became that love and Miyako was standing before him, leaning up to kiss him when her world shattered and was was looking in on this from an outsiders prospective. it wasn't Miyako any longer that was kissing Kehario but the draite and Miyako was looking up at it from the ground--having not been saved from the young man earlier that evening.

She awoke just as the demon and Kehario met lips. She looked up at the Kehario that hugged her and his chin resting on her head.She pulled back so that she was eye level with Kehario but still within his grasp. Slowly she leaned up and without any real explanation she pressed her lips against his. She pulled back and looked at him before settling back down, believing this to be just another part of her dream and her eyes closed again.

Kehario had fallen deep into sleep as he held Miyako. He was at peace and it was much needed. They had dealt with too much in one night and they needed the rest. But, Miyako needed it most of all. Those men had took advantage of her. Kehario began to even dream about Miyako. He was holding her close to him and resting her head gently on his chest as they stood under a tree in a field of pure whit. The cherry blossoms fell gently around them and Kehario raised Miyako's head to look into his own.

He tolde her that he loved her and she said that she loved him as well. Kehario raised her head slowly and brought his closer to hers. He closed his eyes and placed a gentle kiss on her lips and for a moment, it felt almost real. Almost as if it wasn't a dream at all. Kehario opened his eyes and looked down. Miyako was resting on his chest. She slept peacefully and he smiled. Kehario gulped slightly, then leaned his head down. He brought his lips close to hers and stopped. He was so nervous, but he wanted to kiss her badly.

It was now or never. Kehario gently pressed his lips against hers and kissed her softly for a few seconds then broke the kiss. He leaned upright and stroked her head gently as he held her and waited for her to wake up as well.

The young woman shifted, the smile not leaving her lips as she opened her eyes again and looked up into the face of the man that had been kissing her in her latest dream.And then a bird chirped and something rustled nearby and her smile slowly faded as her stomach started to hurt. This was no dream. She blinked a few times and looked up at him. She opened her mouth to say something but stopped as she stared at him. The way he was holding her amde her question her ability to think straight. She was cradled so gently--as if he would always be there to do that and protect her, even if she knew that that wasn't true. She frowned and looked away, memories of the night before slamming into her--the river, the kiss, the turning away.

"M-Morning," she whispered, looking at her shirt front which was wide open to reveal the wrapped wound. She reached up slowly and pulled it shut.

Kehario watched as Miyako slowly awakened. He placed his left hand gently on her stomach and tucked her few strands of hair behind her ear with his right hand. The day was beautiful and calming. Birds chirped and a few things were rustling. Kehario drowned it out and only focused on Miyako. "Good morning, Miyako. Please try not to move too much. You still aren't at full strenght. Take a little more time to gather your strenght. We will be at the next village soon."

He looked away from Miyako, and then looked at the path to the next village ahead. He was fully aware that Miyako was not in any shape to fight enemies. Kehario held her closer as he gazed at the path. He would protect her no matter what or who stood in his way. "We have to be careful, you aren't at full strength."

"What have I told you before Kehario?" she asked, frowning playfully up at him. "I'm not some delicate river flower. i can move around wounded like any other man. And what-What they did to my stomach isn't so bad that I can't walk. It'll be at a slower pace than normal but we can go now." She didn't want to leave him alone to protect both of them right then. She looked around for her weapons and found them a few feet way from her--far out of her reach if she didn't want to stretch her wounds too much. Then she looked up at him and her cheeks blushed a little. How much had he seen the night before? She had a breast band on but that didn't stop the blush that began to creep up her cheeks as she stared up at him and considered what he had seen.

"Kehario, about last night, they-they didn't do anything to me that you know of do you? Honestly all I can remember is them cutting me and me waking up from whatever pain hell I was in to see the words they carved," she stammered out, looking away from him.

"Yes, I understand exactly what you are speaking. But, you are still a woman and I am still a man. We are both still humans who can experience pain. Though you may be strong, you still have your limits. Don't let your pride be the death of you." He smiled down at Miyako, and then blushed. He had caught glimpses of her body, but he honestly tried his best not to look. Kehario pushed Miyako's hair out of her face, as she began to ask him something.

"I am not sure, Miyako. All I know is that the men were running away, By the way they had been running, I am sure that they were heading back to their village, so that they wouldn't get suspected of anything." He began helping Miyako stand and looking down the path the men ran. They were really bothering him now.

Miyako held her stomach as she bent and, with the help of Kehario, rose. Standing there next to him, she took several steadying breaths before taking a step towards her pack. She winced as the pain in her stomach intensified, but she kept going until she bent and picked up the pack. A single tear ran down her cheek as she rose, still holding her stomach to keep the pain from getting to her.

What if she were no long pure because of those men? She wasn't 100% pure since she fought anyway, but she had prided herself on her dignity of keeping herself to herself. If she had lost it because of them, what would she say to her family? They would still try to marry her off even if she was scarred and wounded. But would they when they found out about the uncertainty she had about that?

"Let us leave that village before anything else happens then. We could not prove to them that it was those boys that did this to me. Next time we save a place I will simply stay int he trees and not reveal myself. It would be safer that way," she said, propping herself up against a tree.

When Kehario helped Miyako up, she released herself from his grasp and walked slowly towards her backpack. He could hear her moan in pain as she bent over to pick up her back pack. It was hard to watch, but he also he knew she was strong. She looked like she was still in a lot of pain, even with the medication.. Kehario sighed a little and then walked over to Miyako. He looked at her as she leaned on the tree and grabbed the backpack and placed it over his shoulders. "Yes, that may be true-" He picked Miyako up in his arms and looked down at her."But, you are not able to even walk properly right now. I will carry you."

Miyako winced at the quickly picking up, her stomach protesting greatly. "Ow," she hissed a little before she realized just where she was and what the amazingly solid thing against her side was. Kehario's words hit her and she tried to scramble away. "No, Kehario, you can't, I'll be fine. What if we get attacked? It would be much better if I am walking next to you. At least then you can grab your sword quickly enough. And I can draw my bow even with my stomach like this. Traveling this way will only endanger us more."

Kehario could feel Miyako wince in pain. When she muttered a word of pain, he held her with more care. She was protesting against it and tried to scramble away, but he held her tight."Miyako, do not worry. I will be alright. I will protect you. I am sure that there wont be anymore enemy attackers. Besides, we will be nearing thenext city. I ask you to please trust me, Miyako. Though you may be strong, don't let your pride be the death of you. I would rather take a beating for yo, than to see any harm come to you again." Kehario looked ahead as he walked, they were nearing the village with each step.

[GLOW=cyan]Miyako finally relaxed back in his grasp after seeing that he would not negotiate with him. A new worry hit her. She was going to be entering a village being carried and with a shirt that was sliced open by a man that was not wearing any form of sign that he was related or married to her. She looked around and sighed. Her reputation with this man would be the death of her, she realized in a moment of clarity. Sighing she simply relaxed back against him and closed her eyes. "Fine. I'll let you carry me until we get to the village. And then you have to put me down and we walk in like wounded comrades with my arm over your shoulder. There is no sense in making a village think that we are more than we are," she said before frowning. After their kiss the night before everything had been confusing to her. She bit her lower lip and looked away from him.

"Kehario," she said slowly, looking at her lap. "A-a-about last night, by the river and cherry blossom tree-um, that kiss-erm-I'm sorry for being so forward. I'm nto-not normally like that. It-It won't ever happen again, I promise."[/GLOW]

Kehario was glad that Miyako had given in. She relaxed against his chest and he looked down at her. The shirt was still opened and he blushed and looked away. If they were to enter the village with her in his arms and shirt opened, the villagers were sure to think negatively. He stopped for a few moments and thought to himself for a second. But, the sound of Miyakos voice broke through his thoughts. She was right, they could not be seen like this. Still, he didn't want to let her go either. They may not have been anything more than just warrior allies, but he still felt something for her.

Something, that he could not explain himself. "Yes, I understand completely." Those words felt like fire leaving his lips. He looked back ahead of him and Miyako began speaking again. What she said jogged his memory and he blushed slightly. He had also kissed her in return as she had slept peacefully in his arms. "There is no need to apologize. I am the one who should apologize, for the kiss that I gave you as you slept." He was sure that Miyako would be angry by what he had spoken.

Miyako looked up at him, her cheeks a light pink. Her heard thudded against her chest so hard she was sure that he would hear. Why would he have kissed her? There was little reason for him to do such a thing. "Why did you kiss me?" She asked, her shyness about the topic fleeing as her curiosity took over. Her gaze never left his as she waited, hoping for an answer that would be easy to brush off--not something that would influence how they dealt with each other on a daily basis.

Kehario stopped completely. He blushed when she questioned him, then looked away. "Well I had a dream. You were wrapped in my arms and gazing into my eyes. We were embracing each other, and you brought your lips closer to my own. I was frozen by your beauty and felt myself closing in as well. When our lips touched, the feeling almost felt real. It was as if you were truly kissing me. I had awaken to see you still sleeping." He looked back ahead of him.

" You looked just as beautiful as you did in my dream. I don't know why, but, I felt like you kissed me when i slept. So, I....I kissed you in return. Forgive me, I was out of line, Miyako." He said, walking again, but at a slow pace.

His description of events opened in her the memory of the dream kiss she had given him. She looked at her lap as he walked, focusing on the memory of her lips pressing against his as he slept. There had been all the signs that it was a fake memory--she hadn't felt any pain when she moved. But at the same time she had loved the feel of his lips on hers. Should she tell him? if she did it would open a can of worms she didn't think she was ready to open. They had only known one another for a day, little more than that.

But you fought and protected each other with little problem or thought of giving your life for the other
, another part of her said. Would that not give the idea that you were somehow connected already with the man?

She closed her eyes and leaned against him, her dark hair falling over her features and she sighed. "You needn't apologize Kehario. I-I had kissed you. I had thought, well, I was having a dream as well that you were about to kiss this horrible woman and I couldn't stop you. And then i was alone in a clearing, like the one we were in, and you were holding me. You looked so peaceful. The urge just hit me that, even if it had been a dream, I had to kiss such a handsome man at least once in my life without him looking down on me or turning away," she confessed, her cheeks turning a bright pink.