The Ryos Flame

Kehario stopped completely when the were at the edge of the village entrance. When Miyako leaned against him, he looked down at her. He could feel his heart racing and he closed his eyes as he spoke. "So, it was not a dream. The kiss that I felt was truly your lips upon my own. It was such a passionate kiss. Just as you felt that you wanted to kiss me, I have been feeling the same about you." He opened his eyes and looked ahead of him.

"Miyako, I-" He stopped in his line of words.

Miyako turned to look up at him but stopped when her gaze caught sight of the village gates being opened for the day. She quickly, painfully, rolled out of his grasp, landing on her knees with a grunt. She pushed herself up, holding her shirt closed while cradling her stomach. "We-We can talk about this later, yes? When we have my stomach looked at by a proper doctor? I can pay for it," Miyako said before taking a stumbling step closer to him, her hand going out to grip his arm almost painfully tight. When she pulled her hand away from her stomach she looked down at red and she paled a little. "I really need a doctor with proper medicines Kehario." Her voice was soft, frightened.

Kehario looked down as quickly as she had fallen. He then looked up at the gate, and figured that was why she jumped so quickly. They were near the entrance of the village. he averted his eyes from the gate and looked back down at Miyako. She was in a great deal of pain. She held her stomach and groaned. He wished that he could do something to help her, but he had no medicine.

Kehario bent over to help Miyako up. But she only grabbed his arm and stood up slowly on her own. He could see from his angle, that her wound had began bleeding agin. If she didn't get to a doctor quickly, her injury could have gotten infected. That was the last thing he wanted. He put Miyako's arm over his shoulders and stood up with her . He placed a hand around her waist and slowly walked into the village. "We will find you a doctor, Miyako.

When they entered the village, they were greeted by a young woman.

kiramirapic.jpg"Oh My! We must take care of this woman's wounds at once!" She exclaimed, seeing the bleeding wound on Miyako's stomach.

Miyako tried to walk and not be so much of a burden on the man, knowing that if the village attacked them--for whatever reason villages attacked strangers--that he would need his strength. Instead she heard a young woman exclaim over her condition. The warrior couldn't help but roll her eyes. it wasn't that she didn't appreciate the notice that she was getting--for she really did need medical attention. But did they have to verbalize it like was the most serious thing in the world. Before she knew what was going on she was taken from Kehario by two men that had been summoned by the girls exclamation. For an instant she saw the men from the night before and she screamed, pushing away from them. She paled, staring as the vision of the men vanished and she saw two young men with bewildered looks. Why had she not reacted that way to Kehario? "S-Sorry," she whimpered, looking away as she gripped her stomach tighter. "Please, do-don't touch me."

The woman stood in shock by Miyako's actions. She was confused as to why she was screaming. Kehario gave a look of surprise as well. Miyako was scared, but the men weren't harming her, or holding her in the wrong way. He looked over at the priestess and then at the men and then finally at Miyako. -Miyako, what happened last night may be the cause of this.- He thought to himself before walking over to her.

"Miyako, you must relax. These people aren't going to hurt you." He said softly, as he stood on the left side of Miyako. She was shaking when he placed his hands on her shoulders. "Remeber what I had promised, Miyako. That I won't let anyone hurt you, so long as I am with you."

Miyako closed her eyes tightly and nodded, though the motion made her woozy. "I'm sorry," she mumbled again, leaning against Kehario as another wave of dizziness hit her. Blood loss a clinical part of her said. "I'm sorry, just please, don't touch me." She was speaking to the men that had tried to help her, not Kehario and she really didn't want him to let her go after he had touched her shoulders. It didn't make sense to her at all why one would cause her to cry out and another man wouldn't.

The men looked over towards the priestess for instruction, not wanting to freak out the woman again who didn't need to be stressing any more than she already seemed to be.

Kehario looked over at the priestess and bowed his head in respect." Please forgive her. She had a traumatizing event and she is very skeptical about who touches her. If I may ask, is it alright if I stay by her side. I will follow you to the location she needs to go to." The priestess looked at Kehario, and then smiled. She turned away and faced a large hut and walked towards it to the left of the entrance. "Right this way, travelers."

Kehario only nodded and followed, holding Miyako close to him. He wanted to carry her in his arms, but he had remembered what they had discussed. He looked down at Miyako. She wasn't holding up very well at all. She had to be treated immediately. "Miyako we must let the priestess look at your wounds."

Miyako let herself be led by Kehario quietly, her eyes opening as they walked. "I-I don't mind her. Just please, don't let any other person touch me. I-I don't want them near me. I-" she fell silent and dropped her head a little to let it be hidden behind her hair. She was ashamed of how frightened she was. She'd been wounded before and never reacted this way. When they got her into the hut, she dropped to the floor on the mat provided for her. She didn't even seem to mind that her shirt had fluttered open in her movements to reveal a slowly turning red bandage and breast band that was soaking the blood up from the bottom. She was at their mercy as she shuddered a little as her fingers started to get cold despite the morning's warmth.

Kehario knelled on the left side of Miyako as she laid on the mat. He grasped her hand gently in his own and held it tightly. "I will stay here with Miyako. I don't want her to be frightened by the process." Kehario could feel her fingers getting cold. He rubbed them gently in his hands in hopes that it would warm them. " That is fine, traveler. I will begin my medical healing at once." The priestess removed the shirt and bandages then looked at the wound. She let out a surprised gasped at the writing on Miyako's stomach. "I can clear this woman of these markings and wounds." She said in a gentle voice.

1130438402969.jpgThe priestess's body began to glow as she closed her eyes and began chanting. Miyako's body became engulfed in a green light and her wounds were slowly being healed as the priestess chanted. Kehario watched in shock and surprise as the markings slowly disappeared.

Miyako opened her eyes and looked up at the priestess. This was not what Miyako had meant when she had said she needed medical attention. She had meant a proper stitching and maybe some ointment for the healing. What she was getting was first rate healing and she wasn't sure what to say. Slowly she felt the cold leave her left hand. She cast dark eyes towards her left side and saw Kehario gripping her hand. Why hadn't she noticed that before.

She didn't fight the healing as she felt a power run through her to her stomach and the skin and would beginning to heal. "Please, priestess," she gasped out, "Leave the markings. I got them by not being careful. They will serve as a reminder. Please leave them if you can priestess." She had her pride. How would her father react if she told him she'd gotten wounded and let the scars be taken away by a priestess? She'd get no dinner, that's what. She closed her eyes and rested back, the pain finally leaving her.

The priestess stopped her chanting in surprise. She looked at Miyako with confusion, but did as she had commanded. Kehario looked down at Miyako as well and sighed heavily. He knew full well what she had in mind. "Miyako, I understand what you are going through, but to leave a mark as such...no, it is not my business. I am sorry, Miyako." He gripped her hand tighter. He was thinking to himself, that if only he had left sooner, none of that would have happened. He lowered his head and placed Miyako's hand against his forehead.

"You have been through so much in your life."

Miyako looked at him and shuddered a little. "Kehario, it's nothing that any other warrior hasn't gone through at one point or another. I don't want to be any different than another warrior. Scars are part of that. Thank you priestess," Miyako said, her free right hand going down to feel the slightly raised skin that formed the two words that would haunt her. She made a soft laugh, "And it isn't like men or women will ever see this part of me unless I am bathing and even then I don't bath when others are around. So it isn't as if they will speak about it and ruin my chances of being taken as a wife--if I even live that long."

Kehario chuckled a little. Even though she had been assaulted, she still smiled and laughed. That was heartwarming to him. He looked over at the priestess and bowed his head in respect. "Thank you for all your help, priestess." He lifted his head and the priestess. The priestess only smiled and tilted her head to the left. He looked back down at Miyako. "But, that is no ordinary scar, Miyako and even if you were to bathe alone, it would only be a reminder of last night." He bit his tongue a little. "I am sorry. I was out of line."

Miyako looked away slowly and thought about it. "The words have no meaning to me. I have never slept with a demon. I never will sleep with a demon. I know that. But I need a reminder of what happens when I let my guard down when I'm alone," she said before looking up at him with a small, weak smile. "It could have been worse. They could have used me and then gutted me and we never would have reached this place in time to save me." Worst case scenario really but she was always that way when it came to thinking about scenarios.

Kehario held her hand firmly. "Even if you feel that way, I still feel that if I could have made it there sooner, you wouldn't have gotten hurt like this. I could have even prevented all of this. I understand that scars show the sign of a warriors strength in battle, but to bear such a mark as this one." He said, touching her stomach gently with the palm of his free hand. "Such a mark...." He averted his eyes away from the mark and looked back at Miyako. "Miyako...."

She looked away as he touched her stomach. "Such a mark means nothing to me Kehario. And it should mean nothing to you as well. I do not sleep with demons. if you believe what is on the skin is what the person is, then perhaps we shouldn't travel together," she said, slowly pushing herself up and pulling her pack over to her as she dug around for a new shirt. Sighing, she pulled her legs close to her and she shifted. She pulled out a new shirt and turned her back to him. Slipping off her ruined shirt, she pulled on another that hid the mark on her stomach from him.

He closed his eyes for a few moments. He tried his best to erase those horrid words from his mind, but it was in vain. Kehario turned his head away and looked down at he floor with low eyes and a sadness filled him. He had never reacted in such a way. He had always kept the image of a tough guy and never let anyone see him falter or let his guard down. But, Miyako wasn't just anyone. From the first time that he had met her, he felt something different about her, something unique.

She was also right. He could not let what happened bother him. If it didn't bother her, then it shouldn't bother him. He looked back at her and watched as she changed. She was being so strong, where as he was being truly weak. Not because he was, but because he wanted to prove that he was strong. But, he had lost sight of his light. The very moment he saw her injury, he weakened and let his strength falter. Even if she was his traveling partner, why did he see her as more. He had fought along side many female warriors. Some of which have died in battle.

He stood up and placed his hands on his hips. "You are right. I cannot let that mark that you bear, be a burden on my mind. What happened has happened. It is the past now. Alll that we can do is move forward, and complete this task."

The young woman looked at her pack and frowned a little. She gave a firm nod and slowly, hesitantly, rose to her own feet. She waited for the pain in her stomach to return from the newly healed wound. Instead all she got was a very loud sense of head rush. She gasped and stumbled back against him as her vision swayed violently. Her hand went back to grip his wrist, as she waited for her mind to return to normal. Miyako closed her eyes and took a few calming breaths.

A young woman that was carrying new clothes came trotting in and gasped. She rushed to the girl's side and started to flutter around like a butterfly trapped in a windstorm. "You should not be up! My lady priestess' healings can put a person through some horrible side effects should they not relax for at least an hour after. Sir, please, get your lady to relax. It is not good that she is up! She lost a lot of blood as well and that will cause her even more light-headedness than she already has from my lady's healings," the girl said worriedly.

Miyako couldn't help it. The words just slipped from her mouth. "Who let the butterfly in?"

One would think she would tell the girl first that she was not Kehario's 'lady' but she seemed not to have noticed the implications.

It all happened so fast. Before he knew it, Miyako had fell against him, and wrapped her arms around his waist. He looked down at her as she began taking breathes. It seemed that the healing process had some side effects to it. He grasped her by the shoulders firmly and began to speak, until a woman rushed over to them like a flash. Kehario had a loook of confusion, but blushed afterwards by what the woman had said. "W-wait, I am not her- He stopped in mid-sentence.

Something Miyako had said about a butterfly caught his attention. Kehario looked over at the woman, who was carrying the clothes and he sighed with his eyes closed.

Being supported by the man helped the young woman relax a bit. "Thank you," she whispered to Kehario as her legs came back under her and she slowly released the man's waist. "L-Lovely side effects mm?" She dropped the bag that she had pulled up when she'd risen before laying her head back against Kehario's chest as another wave od dizziness hit her--this one thankfully less horrible on her senses than the one before.

"Please, sir, you must make her lay down. If she will not listen to common sense. A lady who has been wounded as such must be consulted by the priestess as well and pray with her for the return of her dignity," the woman prattled.

Miyako couldn't help it--she laughed. "My dignity," she snorted, "My dignity was taken long ago girl. I am a warrior, not some foolish maiden such as you. Just leave the clothes and I shall pay you for them later when my head stops spinning."