The Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@darkflames13 Man... IF my psychology professor was like him, I would totally extend my university life much much much longer than it should be XD

face claim: Adam Cowie

Host: Hello! My name is Miranda Mars, I'll be your host and guide during your stay at You-Topia.
Host: What's your name and or title if you have one?
Gabriel: Gabriel Stark. Don't call me Gab; I bloody hate that nickname.
Host: And how old are you?
Gabriel: 29 years of existence and still counting.

Host: And you are..?
Gabriel: Evidently male.
Host: What's your type?
Gabriel: I'm straight so ladies only.

Host: And your marital status?
Gabriel: Currently married to Antoinette Carson.
Host: What do you do for a living?
Gabriel: University professor. I teach psychology.

Host: What kind of person where you in high school?
Gabriel: I was the outgoing type. Every week me and my mates would go places, anywhere; as long as we were together and were guaranteed a fun time it didn't matter where we went. Usually however, we end up crashing someone's party even when we weren't invited. Good times. I remember how ambitious I was back then as well. Our little group of friends one day decided to form a band. We played horribly, the sound we made was just unbearable which is funny considering how we were good at our respective instruments individually. Despite this we still dreamed big. Wembly stadium was the goal. Looking back now, it sounds so silly especially considering we were in the US and not in the UK and I was the only one from the UK in or little friend group. *laughs* What else... Hmm, I suppose I was also quite the troublemaker back then. Pranks wars were often something I started with the rest of my mates. Got us in trouble a lot, it did get us a lot of laughs as well so there was always that.

Host: What kind of person are you now?
Gabriel: Now? I'm certainly a more responsible person now. I'm done with my troublemaker days, though I guess the death of the bachelor helped with moulding me into the responsible person I am today. I'm still pretty ambitious, that part of me hasn't changed and I don't think it ever will. Outgoing is a word I don't think I can associate with myself anymore. I'm now the type of guy who prefers to stay in with friends and family rather than go out. It's both practical and much cozier. Unfortunately, I've turned also turned into a rather insecure person. After high school, when I moved back to the UK to live with my aunt in London, she pretty much implanted into my mind that people's opinions matter so always check yourself and be conscious. Of course, the wording was different but the essence of her words was pretty much that, 'be conscious of yourself'. Well guess what auntie? Here I am now so bloody insecure about myself. Hope you're proud.

Host: Tell me your life story and don't leave out the juicy bits!
Gabriel: This... is going to be long. I think?

Born and raised in England, specifically London (at least until before I entered high school). My family had to move to the US, specifically to Philadelphia due to my father getting a transfer to the Philadelphia branch of the company he was working for. This happened just before I entered high school. He was initially hesitant, it was a big move after all. The US and the UK were vastly different from each other. Dad was afraid that I might get bullied due to my English accent which back then was very heavy. During those days, the moment I speak people would know without a doubt that I'm from England; these days it's still there but not as thick as before. In any case, going back to the story, Dad feared for me so I reassured him and so did Mum. Despite being supportive of the move, I could tell back then that Mum was hesitant as well. Worried about her, I of course asked her about it and she responded that she was just worried about the baby. I was surprised when at the news that I heard. Apparently it was a slip and she meant to surprise Dad with it later on. So I had a little brother or sister on the way and was quite excited. A week or two later we flew off and my life in the US started along with my high school life.

First day, I was very nervous. All the worrying my father had with regards to my English accent was starting to scare me. What if he was right? What if everyone does end up making fun of me and I end up having a miserable high school life? Thankfully however, these fears were never realized. Quite the opposite actually. The group of friends I had then, which lasted until the end of high school, all started talking to me because they were fascinated by my accent. Things were going pretty great, but life had it's ups and downs and my life at that point was certain in due for a down; and life certainly delivered. Five months after we've moved, five months into her pregnancy, Mum got involved in a car accident. The baby was lost, and so was her life. That day I felt so sad and my sadness carried over throughout the week. Dad did his best, being cheery and all despite what happened. I knew then that he was hurting behind the smiles he put up. He just wanted me to be happy. Thankfully as well, I've got awesome mates. They certainly helped me get through those tough times even though we only knew each other for a few months. I suppose that was one of the events that helped cement our friendship.

Nothing much to say about my high school life really (nothing I haven't said in the previous questions at least). Shenanigans with my best mates here and there, but every high school group of friends has those. I already mentioned how we formed a band and was funnily aiming to play at Wembly stadium. Back then I was the drummer, I still play drums but not to the same extent as I did back in high school. The band never officially disbanded so hey, maybe you guys will see us play at Wembly someday *cough* highly unlikely. That's pretty much my high school life.

A day after I graduated came another low in my life. Dad killed himself. It was pretty harsh, coming home from a graduation celebration with my friend and finding my dad's dead body lying on the kitchen floor with an empty bottle of medicine beside him. After that I went back to the UK to live with my aunt Izabella and continued my studies there. As I was working up to a degree in psychology, I met Antoinette and the rest is history. At the age of 25 (she was 23 then), 3 years after we started dating I proposed to her and here we are now.

Host: Who were your friends/enemies/lovers in high school?
Gabriel: TBA // message me ?

Host: Anything you want to say to your people back home?
Gabriel: Antoinette Carson, my lovely 27 year old wife. What can I say? I love her and our marriage has been amazing so far, but for the past few months she feels so distant from me. Is this what happens when a woman gets pregnant? In any case, she's eight months into her pregnancy now. Quite excited to see the little rascal she gives birth to. Really hoping for a girl, a girl as pretty as her mother.

Host: What are your secrets?
TBA

" -------- My name's 'Blurryface' and I care what you think " [ 007 ]

Accepted!

• Thank You
Reactions: darkflames13
Of course, I will double check it again when I am home. Please tell me when I make terrible mistakes since English is not my first language, I tend to make silly mistakes :'D but I'm trying to be better!
Yes yes yes, we can work on that! ^^ They can know each other, but when high school, did they know each other?
Everyone would have known each other in some way in high school and I'm thinking that Imani (formerly Isaac) would have been Belvira's frenemy maybe?

Everyone would have known each other in some way in high school and I'm thinking that Imani (formerly Isaac) would have been Belvira's frenemy maybe?

Good one, we should do that, but I lean more to best friend since Imani was a male. Usually the meanie always has one male friend (usually gay so they won't dating) who always supports her no matter what. Frenemy works better when it comes to woman and woman. But I can go with frenemy relationship ^^

Good one, we should do that, but I lean more to best friend since Imani was a male. Usually the meanie always has one male friend (usually gay so they won't dating) who always supports her no matter what. Frenemy works better when it comes to woman and woman. But I can go with frenemy relationship ^^
Yeah I was saying frenemy cause Imani was nicer than Belvira

Oh wow, all the characters so far seem to be really successful! xD
Well, luckily I can throw in something to break that pattern in a few hours.

Reactions: Brea
[BCOLOR=transparent]Cast Interview [/BCOLOR]

090218-kurt-cobain-1.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Hello! My name is Miranda Mars, I'll be your host and guide during your stay at You-Topia. What's your name and or title if you have one?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: Well, the name's Ashley Rhodes, but please, just call me Ash.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley Rhodes[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: And how old are you?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "Somehow, I've managed to survive this long."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]28[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: And you are..?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "If you can't tell, I'm a guy." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: What's your type?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "Well, I'm more into girls." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Heterosexual[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: And your marital status?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "I'm single. I just haven't found someone who I want to spend time on yet."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Single[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: What do you do for a living?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "Well, I just pick up what I can, when it appears. Right now, that's nothing whatsoever." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Currently Unemployed[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: What kind of person where you in high school?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "Carefree, Blunt and generally chill, that's pretty much all of it." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]During high school, Ashley was generally a background character. He was never a highly popular character, and usually hung around with the rebellious and non popular kids. During education, Ash didn't pay much attention at all. He paid very little attention in class, underachieving compared to most, and failing in most everything to do with his studies. However, this didn't concern him, as Ash was just very carefree, only doing what he wanted when he wanted. Meanwhile, Ash was also a very blunt person, always being truthful about what he thought of others. However, he was also trustworthy and supportive for the friends he did have, whilst being very relaxed and chill for the most part.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: What kind of person are you now?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "I haven't changed too much. Basically, I'm still a let down."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Ash hasn't changed too much since high school. He is still a carefree person, living his life in the moment and never doing things that he really doesn't want to do. he is still blunt with people, letting them know what he thinks of them without sugar coating or lying about anything. Whilst there are few in his life he cares for, he will support and stay loyal to those he regards as friends. Furthermore, Ash is still very carefree. He doesn't get troubled by a lack of work or money, as he tries to see the good sides of whatever life throws at him. However, regardless of his shortcomings, he is talented in a few aspects. For one, Ash loves music, and is very musically talented. He has a guitar, that he takes with him basically everywhere.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Tell me your life story and don't leave out the juicy bits![/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "Fine, you wanna know my story? Let's get this over with."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley was born out of a teen pregnancy his mother had gone through. She was only 17 when Ashley was born, and unfortunately his actual father was one to ditch quickly as soon as he had found out about it. Due to this, Ash was brought up in care, since his mother got rid of him asap. Whilst being adopted at the age of 6 by a family as an only child, due to the couple being unable to reproduce. They were living in Philadelphia, and whilst the area was fairly nice, he still faced troubles there. It was never hidden from him that these two were not his parents, and this news spread. The bullying and ridicule in grade and middle school caused Ash to become disliking of most, primarily the popular people who thought themselves to be better than the rest. This only furthered in high school, with the bullying getting worse and what not due to his behaviour and past. There, he was constantly sidelined, being targeted by the populars to be the victim of their abuse, either the jocks going on about guy stuff, or the gossip brats spreading rumours and what not. however, he did have some friends, mainly the people who orbited around music and carefree behaviour.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After high school, he made his separate way from everyone.For a while, he journeyed around the US in a beat up truck, living here and there for a few weeks at a time, picking up whatever work he could grab at the time. Due to this, he never saved much, always cashing out; whether it be on accommodation, fuel, food and such, or (the most likely option), partying and being rebellious. During his trips, he got to witness a lot, which really paid off for him. He managed to discover his own way of living life; being carried by the spur of the moment rather than planning and thinking about the future. However, this all caught up to him, smacking Ash right in the face as he returned to where he had come from. After his full round trip of the states, he found himself quite empty inside. With no career to pursue, or love interests to follow, he ended up settling back down by himself, near where he had grown up with his adopted parents. Then, he was actually quite happy, living his life of music, odd jobs and fun for the most part. Finally, after a few years of this same cycle, the proposition to be on The Reunion TV show showed up, and in his bored state, Ash accepted.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Who were your friends/enemies/lovers in high school?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "Well, I wasn't exactly on good terms with everyone."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Old Friends: Camille Archer[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Enemies: Imani[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Romantic Interests: Interested? PM[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Other: Interested? PM[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host: Anything you want to say to your people back home?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ashley: "They're the closest to family I have. Have a good one."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sasha Wright - Adoptee Mother - 67[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Evan Wright - Adoptee Father - 61[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Host[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: What are your secrets?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, there are some things that need to [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]stay [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]private."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]TBA[/BCOLOR]
Well, 007

Last edited by a moderator:
Relationship Propositions:
Feel free to decline my offers and/or propose your own ideas! I'm open to conversations! Just, please, if you're declining a relationship let me know so I don't ask again later on (Cause I will ask, just to make sure everyone saw my initial propositions).

@Azula -
  • Belvira Chamberion - I think that Camille would have a deep seated hatred for Belvira. She would remember exactly how Belvira used to be, and because Cami is the type to hold a grudge she would not forgive her as easily as other might. So, I'm thinking that, even if Belvira tried to appologize to Camille, Cami would still think of her as an enemy.
@Wonderful Thing -
  • Imani Aaliyah Mohammed/Isaac Kamal Mohammed - In her CS it says that she (or, back then, he) was the type to pity people. So, I'm thinking maybe he and Camille could have been pity friends- he pitied her because she was overweight and everyone picked on her. And, because they were friends in high school, Camille would be excited to see her old friend (even though they lost touch after high school). I think that Camille would be more shocked by Isaac's personality change than the sex change, and would therefore find it hard to fall back to being friends with her again... But, maybe eventually, they could become friends again?
@darkflames13 -
  • Gabriel Stark - I think it'd be safe to say that Gabriel and Camille would not have been friends in high school. I don't think that Gabriel would have bullied her- probably would have been too busy with his band and getting into his own trouble- so perhaps Camille thought he was cute? Maybe she didn't necessarily have a crush on him, but she wouldn't deny her was attractive. I think now they'd have a chance to actually be friends, I think they'd get along all right. Thoughts?

(Little note to myself: You're discussing a relationship with UnboundDestiny (her character is Ashley Rhodes) in a PM)

Last edited:
@darkflames13 -
  • Gabriel Stark - I think it'd be safe to say that Gabriel and Camille would not have been friends in high school. I don't think that Gabriel would have bullied her- probably would have been too busy with his band and getting into his own trouble- so perhaps Camille thought he was cute? Maybe she didn't necessarily have a crush on him, but she wouldn't deny her was attractive. I think now they'd have a chance to actually be friends, I think they'd get along all right. Thoughts?
Yep yep. Gabriel isn't the type to bully people. Gabriel would've probably seen her before one way or another, but I doubt he would remember her face nor know her name. There's also the fact that she's 2 years younger than him so it's unlikely they would've met in the same class. Also agree with the last part; since Gabriel isn't exactly with his mates now, he and Camille have the opportunity to become friends.

Relationship Propositions:
Feel free to decline my offers and/or propose your own ideas! I'm open to conversations! Just, please, if you're declining a relationship let me know so I don't ask again later on (Cause I will ask, just to make sure everyone saw my initial propositions).

@Azula -
  • Belvira Chamberion - I think that Camille would have a deep seated hatred for Belvira. She would remember exactly how Belvira used to be, and because Cami is the type to hold a grudge she would not forgive her as easily as other might. So, I'm thinking that, even if Belvira tried to appologize to Camille, Cami would still think of her as an enemy.

Yep totally thought like that when I read your character, Cami might bullied a lot by Belvira. I know Cami won't forgive Bel easily, but you will see how much she will try at the show later ^^

What's everyone favorite Reality Tv show (if you have one)?

Eh, I don't really watch reality tv shows.

(Also, is my character accepted?)

Reactions: Unbound
@Shayla
Hey, you still interested?

Oh , Sorry! Yes , I'm still interested! Life got the best of me for a tiny bit!

Okay so after @Shayla finishes her CS we'll start but first;

@Azula
@darkflames13
@Brea
@UnboundDestiny

It's awesome that you guys have started making relationships, however maybe I wasn't very clear about it but everyone has to have known each other in the past. So there can't be any 'I wasn't close to many people'. It can be through bullying, a pity hookup, an accident at a party, tutoring, witnessing someone being bullied etc. They just have to have known each other in some way and made an impact on each others lives in some way be it negatively or positively.

Status
Not open for further replies.