The Price of Protection

"Shut the hell up!"Raikyo yelled, slapping a hand over Ayame's mouth, even after she had quieted down. Miner chuckled at the two them and only walked slowly forward to them.

"Ahh...I see. Low, Raikyo. Very low. Now, enough with the games. Give me my human."Minero's playful attitude quickly turned dark. Raikyo caught it before the look in his eyes changed to one of blood-thirst. Raikyo removed his hand from Ayame's mouth and turned her body to face him.

"Listen to me. You need to get out of here. Run. Don't look back. Just run. Don't even hide. Just keep running. Either that or you die. If you argue with me, I'll kill you myself. But if you listen to me...you might stay alive." Raikyo's voice was full of seriousness. Ayame looked scared, but he didn't care. Minero was getting closer. Raikyo's eyes darted from him to Ayame.

"You have to go now before he sta-" Raikyo's sentence wasn't finished when the same vines that dragged away Faiernz pulled at him. The vines squeezed around his wrists, pulling them behind his back. The vines themselves were soft; it was the constriction that hurt him. The tighter they pulled, the more it felt like Raikyo was being burned on his wrists. Minero let out a loud cackle, continuing his walk towards the two of them.

"And now...she's mine."

Raikyo tried to crawl forward but the vines only yanked him back. His teeth were bared and his eyes were finally glazed in a dazzling dark blue.

"RUN, AYAME! GET OUT OF HERE! GO!!"he yelled, all the while, trying to pull himself forward to her. The vines yanked again, and this time, it almost felt as if his shoulder was dislocating. After a hiss of pain left his mouth, he struggled against the vines more, like a chained dog. "RUN, AYAME!! RUN!"​

ayame was frozen for a second it seemed everything was going in slow motion. Tears began streaming down her face "r-raikyo.." she said quietly as she placed one foot behind the other then she turned and began runing as fast as she could until she heard raikyo screaming.. she couldnt take it anymore.. the sounds of him in pain sent a shiver up her back. She turned back around as it began to drizzell.. then pour all of the sudden and the rain fell like acid. Maybe it was her adrenaline but at that moment thats what it felt like "NO RAIKYO!!" she screamed runing back as tears blended with the rain drops on her cheeks. She knew the demon wanted her, she knew this was probably bait but she couldnt stand the idea of not ever seeing raikyo again, if this was her last moment, at least shed share it with him. She ran to him and rapped her arms around him "raikyo.. i cant leave you.. i wont ever you here!!" she screamed even as the demon stood right behind her, she held on to raikyo tighter "leave him ALONE!!" she screamed at the demon holding on tighter

i wont let you take him from me..

ayame thought to herself, even as the veins burned her skin, even as the world seemed darker now..

raikyo..

Raikyo roared and tried to go forward again, knowing the vines would hurt him, but Ayame only squeezed onto him, shaking with tears. The demon paused his struggling, staring blankly in front of him. Why...

"I told you to run.."he said, a small squeak in his voice. Minero cackled loudly again.

"PATHETIC!"he yelled, reaching a hand out to grab Ayame's black hair. Raikyo roared again, the blue aura swimming so fast it was becoming intoxicating.

"MINERO!!!"he yelled, yanking on the vines. The green ropes squeezed and slightly cut through his wrists. He hissed but still continued to fight. "Ayame!"​

Ayame wouldnt budge, she held on to roku for dear life "I wont leave you here!!!" she said shaking as she held him "I wont! you wont make me leave you !!" she continued

"Ayame!!... let go." she heard a strong voice yell in the background. She turned to see her father standing there with a sword in hand. She blinked twice to let herself know it was real.

"Father...?" she said quietly still holding on to raikyo.

he had 2 men with him, demon slayers from there village that wore red armor that was glazed in cobras poison, only thing visible was there eyes and she knew her fathers eyes from anywhere.

Her father had left just days before she met raikyo to go train men to fight demons, something he had done for a very long time so she wasnt scared of him getting killed, however this demon was particuarly strong for his size which he probably used to decieve people since he had a human body.

"I dont know who the hell you are demon, i have no idea why you want my daughter but i do know one thing" he said as his men pulled out their swords behind him "Thats my daughter, and it is your head that will complete my mantle piece" he said charging towards minero "Ayame get the hell out of the way" he yelled as he cut threw the veins that held the big panther, understanding the beast obviously against minero if he had him confined like that. "What about raikyo!!" she screamed. "Ayame do as i say and run. NOW!" he said still charging with his men.

Ayame looked at raikyo still suffering and slowly got up "raikyo.. " she said knowing better then to disobey her father she began runing in the woods not stopping. Not even to look back until she fell in a ditch. Ayame tried to get up but her leg was hurt.

"You demons... you filthy creatures.. you live to kill for no reason.. you were born ignorant. and you live as ignorant savages so you might as well die ignorant!" my father screamed putting his sword threw minero

Fairenz was utterly enraged. The black cat's mouth was wrinkled as it's teeth were bared back growling at Minero. He wanted revenge for what the demon had did to him and his master. Black hair bristling on his back, Fairenz pulled his jaws apart, ready to create a roar. Raikyo could feel the roar bubbling in the panther's diaphragm and he immediately whipped his head towards him.

"No, Fairenz! You'll hurt him!"he shouted, mentioning Ayame's father. Fairenz, in mid inhale, had let the dangerous roar only escape as a low growl, still angered. "Go get Ayame! And make sure she is safe. I want her with no one, you understand me? No one!"

Fairenz nodded once in understanding and bound off through the dense foliage covering the ground of the forest. Raikyo's attention had returned to the battle in front of him. Minero was having fun with the man, dodging his moves and laughing at the angry look on his face. Raikyo knew the demon was toying with him, and he was getting annoyed. The vines still pulled him, cutting deeper into his wrists.

"Dammit!"he said aloud, yanking himself forward, only to be thrown roughly onto his back. When his black ear came into contact with the vine, it suddenly loosened up. Raikyo's eyes snapped wide open, scrambling back up onto his knees. Fur!

"Insolent humans! Do you not know when to cease!? The girl WILL be mine!" Minero yelled as he leaped into the air. With his hand spread, all five fingers apart, a river of acid began to pour from his fingers. Raikyo reacted quickly. He swished his tail and wrapped it onto the vine that held his hands. Contricting the vines, they began to let him go, freeing him from his bondage.

"Men! Leave!"he shouted, rubbing his bloody and bruised wrists as the green acid poured from Minero's hand.​

Ayame sat there in the ditch in a lot of pain. Her leg was sprained, and she touched her foot..

when i fell i mustve sprang my foot

she thought to herself as she slowly got up.

but raikyo told me to keep going...

Just when she was about to start limping away, she heard a purr from behind, As she turned around she felt fairenz furr around her waist. "Fairenz.." she said smiling as she leaned all her weight on the panther "im so glad you came.. my foot hurts really bad"

i hope raikyos okay.. and my father..

"My child only belongs to me!!" Ayames father said continuing to swing his sword around. "You will never take her you son of a -"

"Damn you fool!!" He yelled as raikyo got out of the bondage and ran in front of the men.

"No.. hes a demon himself sir.." one of the men said as an aura began to surface, along with noticing raikyos ears Ayames father backed up a little though his men ran for cover. "I wont leave. If he has business with ayame then thats business with me"

Tail swishing in anger, Raikyo's blue aura grew around the surrounding area. Though not his intended purpose, the aura was beginning to destroy the acid that was raining out of Minero's long fingers. As soon as the green liquid touched the swirling blue mist, it bubbled and was only mere particles afterwords. Raikyo didn't seem to notice. His attention was solely on Minero.

"Why don't you inform your precious Heiran that they can not have her! I don't even believe that she has any power inside that frail little body at all!"he barked. Minero only chuckled and stopped spilling the acid from his fingers, though he still chose to remain in the air.

"You defy my Lord's knowledge?"he asked.

"Aint it obvious?"Raikyo retorted, flexing his fingers. He had about enough of conversing with the swine. He was going to pay. Standing there glaring up at the silver haired man, Raikyo heard Fairenz loud and clear in his head.

So is she alright?

I see. I don't want her to go home. If she was serious about following me, then she needs to be somewhere close to me, but safe enough away from danger.

What of the father? I don't give a damn.

"Foolish, Raikyo. Even after they took you in! Fed you, clothed you, even tried to make you human in order to stay with the gir-"

"SHUT UP!"Raikyo screamed, aura spinning out of control.​

Ayames father examined the situation very hard. "Are you for ayame or against her demon?!" her father screamed "I dont have time for these games.. Men! go get the army!" he screamed as his men ran to the village "I have no issue taking you out along with this filthy sorry excuse for a life" he said glaring at Minero "Demon! i dont know what power you seek in ayame.. i assure you shes a regular human girl you have the wrong one! Ayame wouldnt so much as hurt a fly.."

her father continued as his army appeared "now, you will either leave.. or ill make you leave! all of you! off this land.. my land"

Are you serious...?

Raikyo looked back at the man that was Ayame's father. He was strong, courageous, and very annoying. Raikyo's annoyance level was now at an all tie high. As if Minero wasn't bad enough, he now had to deal with the girl's father.

"Tch. I don't have time for this..."he mumbled when the army approached. "You! Old man! I don't want to hurt Ayame. This guy does. I'd appreciate it if you all get the hell out of here."he said as nicely as possible, which wasn't very nice at all. Minero was also getting restless at the whole thing.

"Humans...always shoving their nose in business that does not belong to them."he said, floating down to the ground.

"That's her father, you idiot!"Raikyo shouted back, fur bristling on his tail as he stood in a fighting position. The blue aura settled down a bit, but did not completely disappear. Raikyo was quite sure that he could defeat Minero without summoning the sword, or Fairenz for that matter. Thinking of Fairenz made him think of Ayame and what condition she might be in. Stupid girl ran off and got her foot hurt. Clumsy idiot..."

"Should we postpone this battle? This is getting very stale for me."Minero said, voice down to a mere monotone. His face was erased of all malice and replaced with boredom instead. Raikyo's ear twitched at the sudden change of atmosphere. He knew Minero only said that because the odds were against him. He was clearly outnumbered.

"Until next time."the silver haired demon smirked.

"You'll never touch her!"Raikyo yelled.

"As you say..."Minero joked in return before disappearing in a cloud of green smoke. Raikyo's eyes still blazed a dangerous dark blue and he stared at the place Minero was only seconds before.​

All was quiet ... and then Ayames father smirked "Men! victory is ours! now go find my daughter she ran off in those woods some where.. and that cat chased behind her.. "

The men nodded and went to find ayame, Ayames father patted raikyo on the back, he was very big and muscular so a pat probably felt like a hit. "We won boy.. or uhh.. cat... demon?" he said smirking a little "i have never met a demon willing to fight for a human let alone MY daughter.. im hated by most demons.. and for that im forever in your debt.. the only thing you cant ask me for is ayames hand in marriage or some BS like that" he said chuckling. "Though im sure demons dont really FEEL love anyways... so.. whatever you felt that made you want to protect ayame thanks alot. we promise to aid you in any way we can against that demon mutt" he said cheerfully

The words of the man made Raikyo's left ear twitch. He had never been thanked by a member of the army before. Daughter or not, a demon was a demon. Raikyo was about to show him that he should never underestimate his opponent, but the man reminded him so much of Ayame. Ayame!

"I gotta go! Don't worry, she'll be fine!"he yelled before jogging off toward the direction of Fairenz's aura. It was a wise decision to not tell the man that he was taking his daughter away. Besides, this was probably a whole lot better than thoughts of marraige. Raikyo shook the disgusting thought from his head and pushed forward through the forest.

"Hey! Where are you?"

"Ah. Hold tight. I'll be there in a second."​

Ayame was laying against fairenz's furr. "Fairenz.. i know you talk to raikyo.. you should try talking to me sometime" she said playfully as she caressed his brilliant black furr trying to keep a conversation so her mind wasnt on the pain as much. "I bet raikyos gonna be really mad i hurt my leg..but it wasnt my fault he told me to run and thats what i did. and now look at my fairenz.. who knows how long im gonna be hopping around like this.."

she continued to complain... but even if she would be like this a while at least..

atleast ill be with raikyo.. -she thought to herself blushing a little.

Not even 5 minutes passed before Fairenz's aura grew wild and large. Raikyo stopped to see Ayame leaning against the cat. She had a pained smile on her face. He scowled, stepping over to the two of them. Without even looking her in the eye, he dropped to one knee and lifted her ankle gingerly.

"How you manage to hurt yourself when you're trying to get away from danger...I'll never know."he muttered, scanning the bruised and twisted skin. The wound wasn't that bad. Actually, Raikyo could have just told her to walk it off. He finally held some sort of eye contact with her which only made him scowl worse.

"I can't keep healing you all of the time, you know? You're supposed to have some type of hidden power or something. That means you need to learn endurance."he said, cutting the speech short. Fairenz yawned, enjoying the feel of warm skin against his fur. He didn't want to get up, but Raikyo only continued to glare at the cat, even though Fairenz's eyes were closed peacefully. Raikyo took the hint and sighed unnecessarily loud. Fairenz was not going to get up until her wound was healed.

Once again.

Raikyo closed his eyes and let the air turn into the cold breeze it always did when his light blue aura formed. Instead of wind, this one was more like sparkles and crystals, similar to the healing he did before, when she had kissed...

Raikyo tore the thought from his mind. That was past. He bent his head down slowly and kissed her ankle, eyes still closed. The light blue aura grew brighter, causing a slight breeze to lift the black air around Raikyo's head while the wound healed slowly.​

Ayame smiled "Thanks raikyo.." she said looking at fairenz knowing he obviously did something to make raikyo heal her so quikcly.

When her wound was completely healed she slowly got up "Wow.. its so wierd.. my dad always taught me the only things demons knew how to do was destroy but this is the second time youve healed me... and i dont know why they keep telling you i have a power.. if i have a power i sure dont know about it ... yet.." She said riding on fairenz as they began their travel.

"Who knows.. maybe ill be strong enough to kick your butt for once" she said hoping off fairenz and pushing raikyo playfully. "I dunno..." she said walking in front of them backwards so she faced them "Maybe ill even be stronger then fairenz" she said smirking at the panther.

"One of you wanna test that theory?" she said as the wind began to blow she took it to her advantage balling up her fists as her hair blew against the wind "Now i look like you raikyo.. but cuter of course" she said giggling.

she knew demons were dark creatures but she couldnt help but try to lighten the mood.. a little.

just to see raikyo smile.. even a little..

"You don't want to go there. Trust me."he replied, walking right past her with his hands still wedged into his pockets. "Especially not with Fairenz. You'd be on the ground before he would even get the chance to lick his nose."he continued, a heavy sigh rolling in through is throat. Fairenz shared the same uninterested status, a high pitched yawned rolling off his large pink tongue.

Raikyo left Ayame standing there, poised and ready to get her ass kicked. He chuckled to himself lightly, shaking his head. They finally made it out of the dense forest and onto a more designated path to the exit of the village. He was actually quite surprised that Ayame did not bring any clothes or any other necessities that the humans strove for. he only thing she carried was the clothes on her back.

Then, Raikyo really didn't care if the girl was fully dressed or naked. He was going to leave that village that night, and there was no stopping him.​

2 little kids met them at the gates at the end of the village with a bag. "Yay ! thanks you guys" farrah said smiling and taking the bag from them" She saw the suprised looks on fairenz and raikyos faces as they watched the little kids run off back into the village, Ayame smirked "A true soldier is always prepared" she said putting the bag on her back as they continued walking

and walking.. and walking.. until it was night fall, Ayame saw a sign in japanese that said "hot springs up ahead" her eyes lit up with excitement

"We have to stop.." she said but no one turned around, they kept walking. Ayame balled up her fists

"i said STOP!" she yelled making even the birds fly away, getting their attention quickly

"I need to bathe. you guys stay here and im gonna go get in the springs" she said returning to her normal cheerful self as if she just had a bipolar moment. she skipped happily to the springs

"AND YOU GUYS BETTER STAY YOUR ASSES ALLLL THE WAY OVER THERE" she screamed.

dont mess with a girls hygene

Raikyo and Fairenz both paused sharply when the girl had started her tirade. Fairenz;s head tilted to the side in puzzlement, and Raikyo only stood, tail falling to the ground in a limp. He had never seen Ayame so frustrated before...then happy...then frustrated again. It was an all around interesting sight.

"AND YOU GUYS BETTER STAY YOUR ASSES ALLLL THE WAY OVER THERE!"

A crease formed on the bridge of his nose and his ears twitched in interest. Why in the world would I....ah. I see.

Suddenly, a malicious smile grew upon his face when he watched the girl skip into the entrance of the hot springs. Fairenz had caught the gesture and swished his tail playfully.

"Oh you're in on this too? Haha...she'll hate us both...but what do I care?"he said playfully, winking at the giant black cat. Fairenz's response was leaping onto a tree that hovered over the springs. Raikyo chuckled under his breath, following him.​

Ayame had removed all of her garments and jumped in the springs, when her hair was wet she began combing through it gently with one of the combs the little kids had packed as she hummed an old japanese song her mother sung to her..

"hmmm..?" she stopped a moment hearing something... she ducked under the water "whose there??" she said in a whisper..

No answer of course.

ayame your going crazy.. you need to relax..

the girl went back to bathing and brushing through her hair... even though she couldve sworn she was hearing things..

"uhh.. fairenz!!?? raikyo??!! watch the main entrance so no one gets in here!!!" she said blushing at the thought of anyone seeing her

"...Im serious!!!"

"Yeah...sure."Raikyo snorted, looking down at Ayame in the water. The night was too dark for him to see anything further, but why not toy with her? "My my...for a small human such as you, you're very developed there."he said.

Fairenz's response was soft purr. Raikyo rubbed the cat behind his ears and looked out over the entrance. She was right...if he saw someone trying to peek into her stall, she'd be introduced to stage one of Raikyo's wrath. Men that would do that to a woman were just degrading. He was glad he was a demon and not an insolent pleasure-seeking human pervert. Besides, I'd much rather be a demon pervert, he thought, joking with himself. The joke crept back into his mind and he laid on his stomach on a branch, chin on his hands. He tilted his head to the side, ears wiggling and tails swaying playfully.

"Turn around for me, would you?"he asked, putting on his best rapist voice he could possibly muster.​

Ayame didnt find the joke funny at all

she looked up in the tree and saw 2 figures knowing it was them she grabbed her towel getting out. "RAIKYO!! SOMEONES HERE!!" she said shivering as she rapped the towel around her
"F-airenz?.. raikyo.." she said softly... her hair still dripping wet..

she didnt know it was just raikyo, and the sound of that cold voice had sent a shiver up her back.