The Price of Protection

Raikyo, for the first time in a long time, laughed from within his stomach. The girl had tackled him out of the blue, using her dainty hands to fondle him for scaring her. He was taken by surprise, but not slow to react. When she had ran off, he only took one finger and pointed at her general direction. Stupid girl...I can sense you.

With the sense of adventure overwhelming him, he sprinted after her, tail swaying after him. The sun didn't seem so bright before. Actually, he quite enjoyed its glow. It illuminated the black of his hair, just as it did Fairenz's fur.

An aura spike tickled his ear, as he detected her behind a tree. Raikyo smirked and whipped his tail back and forth. Suddenly, leaping onto a branch, he wrapped his legs around a branch, swinging upside down so that his face was in front of hers.

"Boo."​

before she could scream she covered her mouth in a fit of giggles. she was having so much fun bonding with him... yes thats what they were doing.. bonding.. she looked at him in his eyes and reached up playing with his ears.. they were cute and soft.. she smiled and came inches from his face.. there lips close to touching "raikyo.. lift me up i wanna be in the tree too" she said looking up still playing with his ears, not paying attention to how close they were, she was more interested in how beautiful the tree was that he was in, it was very high up and it wasnt fair that with his abilities he could just lift himself up into it whenever he wanted.. she wanted the experience too.

Once she touched his ears he flinched, eyes shortening in anger. How dare she touch me! and as if it that was not enough, she leaned in and demanded of him, yet again, to do something. Raikyo was instantly pissed all over again, covered in complete paralysis for the moment when she got closer. A angry throbbing pounded through his head.

"Of course."he said with a bite to it. And I'll leave you up there too.

Throwing both his hands out to grab her by the waist, he tugged her until he could successfully hoist himself up farther up the tree until he was able to place her onto a branch. Raikyo, fearful of her paralysis touch, had hopped onto another branch far away from her, but still able to keep her in sight. He was actually quite tempted to shake the tree, making her far from it. That way her death would not be caused from his hands.

"Where's that idiot Roku?"he barked out. He had been meaning to ask her that for a while. It was obvious the two were in love with one another. Raikyo snorted.​

Ayame sensed the jealousy in his voice and all of the sudden she felt the need to press his buttons..

and oh the buttons she did press...

"why? are you jealous? you think i like roku? and whats with the distance between us are you scared or something? you scared of a girl?" she said. she sat backwards on the branch and let her body fall as her legs held her up "you think your the only one who can do this raikyo?! just cause your a demon?" she got up and climbed higher "you think your the only one who can climb high trees?" she then jumped down close to his level, the pressure made her feet hurt when she landed on a close branch but she didnt let the pain show. "ill tell you one thing.. theres one thing us humans can do that you cant" she jumped down from the tree landing on her feet but falling to her knees she quickly got up "we can love... i love roku.. but only as a best friend.. kinda like you are with fairenz..i came here to spend time with you and all you want to talk about is roku? you like him? you date him"

in all but 20 seconds she had probably pissed him off to the fullest extent. she walked away.. but then began to run she didnt know how pissed he was. she didnt want to find out but she didnt regret her words.. it was about time he had gotten a taste of his own medicine..

she knew he could probably smell her scent.. she saw a nearby river and slowly dropped into it.. wondering if the scent could follow her there.

The entire speech had left him at a loss for words. Or actions. She had said and did all of the things that pissed him off to all extents, and yet he could do nothing but stare at her blankly. Even when she lept from branches and to the ground, he could only stare. The words were, of course, terribly wrong and disconcerting. When he saw the look on her face as she talked about the difference between humans and demons, he almost saw a hint of fear. But that was totally obscured with malice. She was toying with him.

All Raikyo could do in return was stare.

She had finally ended the tirade, and turned and walked away. Raikyo's blue eyes lie at the back of her hair, even when she sprinted off towards...who knew where.

Love, huh? The word was poison on his tongue. The word meant nothing to him. It had before, in the eyes of the best friends he had gained...and lost for the Heiran. But that was all gone now. A stronger love never existed and never would. Raikyo was born to inflict pain. Torture. Murder. He was the demon with the demonic panther as a partner. Now, most recently, he was wanted by his former adversaries. All for attempting to protect the girl who had spilled out her evil. Her tongue did hold quite a poison.

So, instead of chasing after her and stabbing her repeatedly with his blade, Raikyo only slid down from the tree and sat against its base. His back rubbed against the dense bark. Once Fairenz returned, Raikyo planned to leave. The Heiran could have her if they wanted.​

Ayame had been hiding in the cold swamp for what felt like too long.. was he even going to come for her.. little did she know heirans henchmen were watching.. she got up shivering cold hair dripping wet.. skin pale and lips pink she began to walk slowly out of the swamp

Poor ayame.. did your demon friend not come this time?

and eerie voice sneered...ayame turned but saw no one there.. "who are you?" she said in a scared shaky voice

The voice snickered... it made a shiver run up her spine. "You mean.. what am i?" the voice said snickering away,

ayames hear was beating so fast it felt as though it would pump right of of her chest..."what are you?" she corrected.

the voice quieted.. giving off a very unsettle silence "you mean.. what was i"

Ayame began to sprint towards the clearing of the forest but she was yanked up high..something had her.. then she felt it drop her and she fell from whatever height it had carried her

"oh do stay around... " it said snickering more "we are having so much fun"

Ayame got up slowly.. struggling.. she began to back up into a tree "this isnt funny.."

"Ayame!" a familiar voice said... she turned to see Hiroku standing there right before her.. "who said this was a game?" he smirked.

She felt something wrap around her foot and pull making her fall to the ground.. she hit her head and began to bleed from it..

she began to feel tiny cuts wrip across her body.. like paper cuts just a little deeper.. whoever this was.. wanted to torture her..

"You have what i want" the first voice said ayame was too weak to stand.."ill give it to you.. whatever it is.." she said desperatley..

"I need your heart ayame.. your heart.. but its not ready yet.. ill rip it out.. when i feel its ready.." he laughed menacingly.

"please dont kill me.." she said whimpering now like a child. suddenly a force of wind stood her up on her feet. "Go show your demon what happens when he leaves things like this liying about"

the wind blew her making her walk.. she couldnt believe this was happening she was in so much pain as she stepped.. the cuts stung more and more.. the blood poured from her head..

"R--RAIKYO!" she screamed.. making even the birds fly away. the wind that the spirit had blown had made her temporarily blind.. just for an hour or so.. he loved to see her suffer.

he lefted her there..blind.. hurting and had dripping with blood. She sat up against a tree.. she felt around for it first then leaned against it She cried softly.. not understanding what she did...

to deserve this

"R--RAIKYO!"

The name echoed throughout the forest and deep into Raikyo's core. Suddenly at attention he ignored the aura no longer and ran off towards Ayame. He had told himself not to go after her. Not after what she had said. He would rather feel safer knowing she was dead than alive and screaming his name. Raikyo finally skidded to a stop, black hair falling around his cheeks. The sight was sickening. There the young girl stood. Or slumped. She was completely maimed, covered in blood and cuts and tears. He hair, clothes, and skin were drenched with what smelled to be lake water. The other demonic aura had long since vanished.

"Dammit..."he muttered, kneeling down beside her. Raikyo tilted her head up with two fingers and pushed away at the strings of damp hair on her face. He was also careful to avoid any contact with the cuts.

"Hey, hey look at me. Look at me!"he ordered. His tone was cold and daring but there was no hiding the worry in it also. He tipped her head to the side and when her eyes finally opened, nothing but a glossy color reflected back. Blind...

"Ayame...what the hell were you thinking? You should've just went home to your dear best friend or family. I am not protecting you. So why are you still here?!"he snapped. His blood was on a boil higher than normal. He was right though. Protecting her was not his priority and he hoped he made that clear.

But...he also rubbed her hair back, trying his best to sooth her trauma of whatever events took place.​

She cried silently.. the cuts hurt so much.. she didnt know what was happening.. what had happened.. she felt so horrible she felt herself going in and out of consciousness the clothers on her back made her shiver next to the cold winds.. "Raikyo" she said misrabley.. "im sorry.. dont leave me" she said her eyes swelling up with tears... "im sorry im sorry" she kept repeating in a whisper as tears streamed down her face she held on to him, making sure he couldnt leave her because she couldnt see.. even though the cuts burned everytime she touched something she held on to him tightly.. "Hiroku.. Hiroku was here.. he was with it.. he was with it" she kept repeating.. all she seen was darkness.. she tried to stand, even the bottom of her feet were covered in cuts, she felt so dizzy.. she felt her heart was slowing down.. so she tried her best to stay active.. stay alert though she was failing miserably.. "wheres fairenz!" she shrieked "maybe he got fairenz too!" she sobbed.. she felt herself going crazy... her head was spinning.

was this how death felt?

Everything swirled at once. The pleading, the aura of pain, the touch, the news of Hiroku, and...the aura of Fairenz's arrival. Raikyo knew the girl couldn't see the cat strolling from the dense foliage, but he was not going to reassure her. After all, she should be punished for her actions.

"Raikyo...I'm sorry, don't leave me."

The words made him hiss and he looked over to the black cat who only stared at him in return.

I know she has to be healed. Nice way to state the obvious. But how?

You've gotta be kidding me.

I'd rather let her die.

Fairenz bared his large teeth, threatening Raikyo with his abilities. Though Raikyo was a strong and composed demon, he knew better not to tick of Fairenz. Ayame was shaking horribly. The vibrating body against his annoyed him, and that's why he decided to agree with Fairenz. But only this one.

The air in the forest became oddly colder. The breeze only worsened Ayame's sickness, but it cause Raikyo to glow in a light blue color. The aura was something like wisps of air, swirling around him in different spirals and patters. Healing...was something he vowed never to do again. He had did it once. He had tried it once. But it only ended in death. Everything he did only ended in death.

Raikyo's body was a whirlpool of light blue mist, but Ayame continued to go on and on about things.

Shut up.

With that, Raikyo placed his lips on hers quickly, trying to get the ordeal over with. He only wanted to quiet her excessive talking; just as he wished to do when he first met her. He didn't technically kiss her, but to him, the damage was close enough. I will kill her after this, he promised himself, knowing it would not come true.

The mist began to swirl around her instead, seeping into every cut and bruise that covered her.

She felt herself heal.. her body got a warm feeling and the cuts stung less and less with each passing second... her vision began to return slowly.. she thought it had something to do with the kiss he had givin her.. and not that he was just trying to shut her up.. so she kissed back.. rapping her arms around him softly..

Roku watched from far away.. hate building inside him.. he regretted following the cat to this place

"WHAT THE HELL!?"Raikyo yelled, snatching away from her. The girl had wrapped her arms around him and tried to deepen the "kiss" he was performing! Raikyo scrambled away from him with his blue eyes wide with shock, awe, and disgust.

"What the hell are you doing!? I outta-" Raikyo raised his hand to back hand her, until Fairenz leaped from a tree.

"RAHHWWR!" hegrowled, yellow eyes stabbing into Raikyo's. Raikyo stopped, hand still mid air as Fairenz talked through him.

"I am aware of that, but-"

"But she kissed ME and-"

"But Fairenz-"

!!!!!

"FINE!" Raikyo said, conversing with him aloud. When the demon had enough, he stepped away from Ayame, who was now completely healed. He wiped vigorously at his lips and wished could do the same to his eyes and brains; to erase the sight and memory.

"Roku, get her and get the hell out of here."he said, not looking at either of them. He knew Roku arrived, even seconds after Fairenz did. You couldn't fool a demon. The sooner the both of them were gone the easier it's be to leave the village for good.​

Roku leaned down to help Ayame up... "Dont touch me" She said... Roku heard something in her voice something that hadnt been there before Ayame stood "You dont like me.. okay. alright. i get it. you wont have to see me not another day in your life raikyo! do you here me!??" she tried to hit him but roku held her back.. knowing damn well the concequences. "You bastard.." she said as tears streamed down her face "Fine... Youll Neversee me again Never!" she shrieked snatching out of rokus grasp and runing out of the woods.. all was quiet.. roku had never seen ayame so upset... he smirked

And so the lamb fell in love with the lion...

It didnt matter at this point where raikyo went to roku.. he was just glad raikyo would probably never see ayame again... who never sounded so sure about something as the words she had just screamed.. he hoped the sunk in quick. He dissapeared into the darkness

"Fine! See if I care! I hope they tear you APART!"

The words echoed throughout the dense forest. Fairenz was at a loss of movement. His black head only swayed from where Ayame ran away to where Raikyo was walking in the opposite direction, hands shoved deep within his pockets. The cat didn't move. Raikyo paused when he noticed that Fairenz wasn't following. He didn't bother to look back; only gazed forward at nothing.

"You told me to do it, so i did. You should be freakin' happy. I wasted my precious power and time healing that wench and this is how I get repaid?"he said aloud. Fairenz didn't bother to converse with him. He only looked up towards the sky and then back to Raikyo. "Well, I've had just about enough of her to. Whatever Lord wants with her...what do I care? I'm a bastard after all, aren't I Fairenz? Demons don't know how to love. Isn't that right, Fairenz?!"he yelled.

Fairenz dug his paw in the ground and whinnied. Raikyo, with his blue eyes staring forward at the ground, squinted his eyes. He knew what Fairenz wanted.

"Go then. Go get her."he said. "But what I do with her when you bring her back is my choice. Got that?"he snapped. The answer was the sound of the cat's speeding footsteps trotting away.​

Ayame walked ahead of roku by a long shot she just wanted to go home she was sick of boys she didnt want to look at another one. Not one

Roku just strolled.. he was happy. sure ayame was mad for the moment but all of that would eventually come to and end and hed do what hed wanted to do.. ask her to marry him..

but then he stopped in his tracks hearing something in the woods.. He turned to his right to see fairenz's yellow eyes staring back at him..

he had come for ayame.. he could feel it. No.

He darted towards ayame at full speed as far as his legs could take him trying to beat the cat to the prize

Fairenz growled and picked up the pace. The cat bound over bushes and trees at a very high speed. He sprinted faster until he completely exited the forest and ran through the wide streets of the towns. People on the streets gasped and yelped when they spotted the large, black, wild cat running through the streets. Roku's scent grew stronger until Fairenz was sure that he was only a few paces behind him.

The cat licked his nose in anger and snarled, teeth bared back. He was planning on killing the boy, but Raikyo had gave him his orders. So, in one push of his hind legs, he pushed passed Roku, making his way towards Ayame.​

Roku balled up his fists... running faster and faster "you stupid cat you leave her alone!!" he yelled.. but the cat hand long since left him behind... and people stared at roku as if he was crazy..

ayame was almost to her house.. she was still angry but not as angry as she was earlier... she thought about raikyo..

how stubborn can you get!!

she thought to herself making herself angrier... thinking about him wiping away her kiss like she had some sort of disease... "hmph!" she said to herself stomping now down the narrow alley

Fairenz bound through the alley with one leap...and tackled Ayame to the ground.

He knew it would frighten her, so to lighten her mood, he only licked at her face playfully. His tail swished back in forth, yellow eyes illuminating the dark alley. Fairenz was sudden prickled with anxiety. This was not the correct place for the girl to be. He had to obey his master's orders and return her to him.

"Like I care. She was trying to take advantage of my sincerity. Look at me, Raikyo the demon, trying to heal some measly human and she goes and show's affection? What kind of bull is that!? What kind of village is this!?" Raikyo sent another swift punch to the tree, leaves drifting to the ground under him. He thought of Fairenz and where he might be. He hoped that if he ran into Roku, the cat would tear him apart. He deserved it anyway.

"Humans."he muttered under his breath.​

fairenz had waited patiently for ayame to clean up and put on clean clothes before they headed off, she had put on a baby blue and white kimono.. and tied her long hair up into a bun.. holding it with a white lace ribbon.. she looked like ayame again..

"where are we going fairenz?" she said holding on to his fur tightly... he had first resisted going with him but fairenz was very persuasive putting her on his back in one swing of his paw and all.. he hoped not back to raikyo.. what could he possibly have to say to her... her anger was building again and she thought about letting him go and falling but she didnt.. for fear she would die.. he was moving so fast.. .. "fairenz... whatever you do dont let him kill me thats all i have to say" she whispered into the demon panthers ear.. caressing it "thats all i ask"

Fairenz allowed the girl to talk. He understood every word but he could not give her any imput on the matter. Though the cat did not technically aim for her to die, he still had to obey his master's orders.

Fairenz leaped through the forest once more, catching the scent of the blue-eyed demon. Ayame told him that she didn't want to get killed. Fairenz only blinked his eyes lazily. He was used to humans asking that question.

"There you are you horrible excuse for a partner! You took forev-"Raikyo paused in mid sentence when he saw Ayame riding on the back of the large black cat. She had on a different outfit with different colors. Her hair was pulled into a tight bun and laced together with a ribbon. All of the damage done to her only hours before have no been long erased, nothing but a memory. Raikyo was quite surprise that he didn't detect her scent or aura for that matter. Then, it struck him. He looked down at Fairenz who's mouth looked like it tugged at the ends.

Damn Cat.

2507551354_fb31ebedd4_o_d.jpg

Ayame didnt want to come close to the demon so she kept her distance. worried look in her eyes... she didnt know what raikyo had wanted with her... the words they had had for each other were so final earlier.. and they hurt so bad she couldve swarn it ended there.. friendship.

"Raikyo.." she said under her breath very shakily.. He looked as though at first he was going to tear her apart... and now he was so calm or so it seemed... Fairenz's fast movements combined with the wind hand brung some of her hair out of the bun .. she removed it from her eyes and then placed her hands behind her back... she was so nervous she didint know what to do.. what to think .. what to say. she tried to read his face.. she couldnt.

what are you gonna tell me raikyo?... how stupid i am?.. how disgusting? how vile?..

if that was the case then there was nothing that he had to say.. that Ayame wanted to hear.