The Politics of Demons and Angels

Angels, on Heaven, Hell or Earth, always cared, didn't they? About some one or thing. What was with that anyway? He chuckled lightly and closed his eyes, gently dangling a shot with his thumb and middle and ring finger. It was the differences that made Angels so tasty. The idea of caring about someone enough to miss them was foreign to him. It was cute though, he had to admit.

"I wouldn't get to bent about some chick, okay?"His voice was wet in velvet, "Things are different for you now, right? See what the world is like from a completely different view. Trust me, you might love it."

Auzen shrugged and waved at her over his shoulder at Gabrielle. "Well then, it's all good. Don't go getting yourself killed..." He said as he looked up at Oni, cleaning the blood on his carpet. "... I'll try to do the same." He sighed and walked into the kitchen to start making something to eat. He hadn't eaten all day after all, and it was getting later into the afternoon now.

Cesare smiled weakly, "I suppose you're right. There are plenty of people out there. I was never meant to be with someone of royalty anyway. Maybe I can find a demon girl when I go back home. Yeah, that would be the life.."

"I'll try not to." She giggles. "Yeah, good luck with him. Oh, and thank you for your help, I appreciated it. I'm sure we will run into each other's paths again." Gabrielle called after him. "Tell Oni good-bye." She adds before opening the door of his apartment. She walked out the door, shutting it before walking off to the child praying a few buildings away. He wanted his mother to get better from her disease.. well that was exactly what she was going to do for the boy.

"A demon girl will keep you on your toes," Raev laughed as he finished his last shot. The burning felt great as it spilled down his throat. Cesare was on his side. Interesting. Civility was beginning to fade from the demon and rolled his neck, cracking it with a soft sigh. That itch, that craving for blood and flesh and sex was taking over. He felt the thirst wrap over his body like a blanket of heat. His fingers tapped on the bar and he stood, rather abruptly.

"I'm going to go have some fun. Wanna join me?" He didn't think the angel would take up on the invitation, but it just slipped out.

"What kind of fun?" Cesare suddenly had a bit of a mood change and looked over at Raev curiously. He knew the demon couldn't mean anything good from this. Afterall, Cesare knew how demons were. He had lived with them for years. Still, he had nothing to do, and it couldn't be anything too awful, could it?

With a playful slam onto the bar, Raev paid the tab with crumpled bills. The drinks didn't do much, but regardless, he was feeling... inspired...? The kid wanted to play. The demon just had to decide if they should invite a third party or have fun with the kid. For living in Hell, he was surprised Cesare hadn't known his name, much less run for the hills. Either the kid didn't care or didn't know. The naturally red-skinned demon had an appetite for anything.

To heck with it. He wrapped one strong arm around Cesare's waist and pulled him in, lips close to his ear. The scene had much of the crowd staring, shocked. Cesare was pretty and stuck out like a needle in a haystack, but Raev didn't appear at all the kind of guy who'd make moves on another. The mini-skirt, who had been eyeing Raev since she made her arrival, flushed and stared with the discreet crowd before looking away awkwardly.

The best kind. The violent kind. What do you say? Question is, which do you prefer, receiving or giving pain?"

Doesn't take Gabrielle to get to the house. She stared at the door, pondering how to approach it, and decided it'd be best to take it head on. She knocked nice and hard on the door, then waited a few seconds before a young boy with bright red hair opened the door. He looked up at Gabrielle, with a glare with his brown soft eyes. "What do you want?" The child snapped. "I heard your mother is extremely sick, I was hoping to be of assistance." She said with care. The boy started at her with strong eyes, before it slowly crumbled away and he sniffled lightly. "Can you save mommy?" He asked. Gabrielle smiled and nodded. "I will try my best." With that the boy let her in. She was thankful it was her he let in, and not a demon since she knew many demons would jump at the chance of someone so foolish to let strangers into his mouth with a few kind words.

Oni worked hard cleaning up his blood, and afterwards he cleaned up around miscellanious parts of the house, in an effort to appear truthful to his words.

---

Cesare looked surprised and jerked away in shock at the man's words. Suddenly, something struck him. He knew it. He knew that name sounded familiar. "You're that demon, aren't you?" he said, lowering his tone so the humans wouldn't hear. He felt sick. "You...have you ever been to New Kyoto?" He knew the answer, but he wanted to see the criminal's reaction.

Cesare's breaking free of his grab made him laugh. He was surprised the kid let him get that close to begin with. That demon? Did he finally recognize who he was? Raev shrugged, looking thoughtful with his chin cupped by his slender fingers and thumb, "Well, lemme try to recall... ah, yes, I have. I think I've been almost everywhere aside from most places in Heaven. Now that you've put two and two together... is it so awful? I'm really not that bad a guy."

Auzen waited for Gabrielle to be well away before he dropped what he was doing and cut off the stove. "Alright Oni." He called as he walked over into the living room and leaned against the wall next to the window. "You can cut the bullshit, you may have her fooled but I know you all too well. What do you want with me? You don't clean jack shit, and surely don't give a damn about a place to stay, so let's cut the crap and get right to it then huh?"

Cesare growled. "Do you remember a small girl? About six or seven?" he paused a moment then murmered, "Probably not, I doubt you remember half the people you kill..."

---

Oni only laughed, "Oh, you don't trust me? What's not to trust? I'm just an angel trapped in a demon's body. My intents are as pure as possible for my kin..." he smirked, "Or are they? What do you think I'm here for? Do you think I want to study you, or kill you? I suppose you'll never know, for I'm not giving out the answer for free."

A child? Now, that, Raev had to recall, and as he did he tapped that finger against his chin. There had been so many. Why was she important? "Kill is a harsh word," he finally responded, "Pleasure is much more suiting. But why do you ask about... her? Why that one pet?" What was the kid getting at? had he known her? If so, this was going to be more fun than he thought. However, truth be told, who didn't know at least one or two of his pets, his victims?

Auzen sighed. "Oni, do you realize how much I really don't give a fuck? I'm only talking to you about this crap because you're here bothering me with whatever your intentions are. If you were planning to just kill me then why waste all this time playing games?" He shook his head. "I don't know what you want. I have no qualms with you, heaven, or hell. I honestly could not care less about any of it. So tell me what you want or get gone, I'm not participating in your mind games." He said in his monotone voice, that same blank stare looking right through oni at something seemingly far away from here.

Cesare's eyes were suddenly overcome with a deep hatred. "That was my best friend's sister. He killed himself." Cesare wanted to leap across the small gap between them and strangle the man, but there were too many people around. He had been too trusting, and for that he couldn't forgive himself. He wanted to scream.

---

Oni gave him a condescending look. "It's not so simple. I'm intrigued by your kind. I wish to get to know more about you." He was being at least half truthful.

When Gabrielle walked in with the boy she faltered when she saw the woman. That woman, this boy's mother, she was no longer there. She glanced at the boy, she could do lots of things but bring back a soul into a human's body... that was not one of the things she could do. She walked over to the body, eyes filled with sadness as she spoke softly to the boy. "What happened to her? Do you know?"
The boy slowly nodded his head and told her, "Mom had been stabbed when we were going home from the store. Mom made me lay her down and then I cleaned the wound.. but it turned a strange color. Mom told me to find the doctor but.. I couldn't find him. Our town is a poor one, there is lots of illness and crime here... no doctor stays around long."
Gabrielle started at the pale lifeless woman. How would she tell the child this? Would she tell him and then just leave him here? "Whats her name?" She said gently, pulling the hair behind his mother's ear so it was out of her face.
"Angel." He responded.
Gabrielle took a deep inhale at the name. "And your name?"
"Miguel." He then frowned. "Why are you asking these questions? Can you fix her or not!?"
Gabrielle winced, the only thing she could do now was tell him. "Your mother, Angel, she is no longer with us Miguel. I came to late." She glanced at the child who stared at her wide eyed.
"No.. that's not possible." He whispered, before dropping to the ground sobbing. "It can't be true!" He sobbed. Gabrielle felt tears move at the corner of her eye. She approached the boy, pulling him into her arms. The boy cried into her bosom as she stroked his hair. "I'm all alone now." He cried. Gabrielle swayed him gently.
"No.. you are not alone." She told him. "Everything will be okay, I am Gabrielle. I'll watch over you." She hummed after her words, quietly singing to the boy which soothed him. He cried for awhile before slowly drifting off to sleep. She sighed gently, then looked at his mother's body. She came with her plan, bury his mother and then take the boy with her. She might be able to find him a proper home but she couldn't let him follow her too long. He would be put in dangerous situations if that were to happen.

Auzen sighed. "If you want to learn about Angels, I'm not the one you should be looking at. I'm not a good reference point to understanding your typical Angel, I've deviated from all of that. Though I never fell really so the code doesn't apply. I didn't leave my post or abandon my job or heaven. I was made obsolete, my job abandoned me. Heaven abandoned me. So here I am, just living it up on good ole earth." He said, lifting his hands and gesturing to the mediocre one bedroom apartment they were currently standing in.

"Hatred suits you," The demon said, voice all velvet and bells. He rested a hand on his hip with a smile from ear to ear. An angel living in Hell happens to still harness that value for life. Now that was a hoot. had the kid learned nothing? Raev felt that tingling intrigue creeping up on him again. Should he press his buttons or continue tempting him to play? So many options, so little time. "You know, everyone I've hurt has been important to someone. No one is special. Even after being banished to Hell, you seem to hold onto that preserving justice of yours. How cute."

Oni felt amused. "That's what intrigues me. Not many angels have been on the neutral side in this war. I like learning what makes people tick, and then breaking the clock."

---

Cesare growled deeply, "I wasn't banished, I chose the life I live now. I was only steps away from being royalty, and I turned it down for the fun life. But fun doesn't mean sadism and pain." He felt so flustered, but couldn't show it in front of all of these humans, lest he risk using his powers out of anger.

So that was his story, huh? Interesting. Did Cesare consider himself a fallen angel then? The demon closed the space between then once more, but didn't lay hands on the kid... yet. "You know, fun is subjective and for some it does mean sadism and pain. have you tried it before? You actually might enjoy it?" He was only inches from Cesare's face now, and realized they were causing a scene. Raev loved the feel of eyes: worried, curious upset, annoyed, aroused, all of which watched them intently.