The Politics of Demons and Angels

Cesare took another drink, not even batting an eye. He was still a bit shaken from the events of the day. Perhaps that's why he agreed to drinks. Still, the thing he couldn't help but think about was those blue as ice eyes. He found himself spacing out, losing track of everything and everyone around him, barely hearing the chitter chatter around him or what Raev had said.

Man, this kid was out of it. Whatever was on his mind had him zoned out. Raev waved a hand in front of Cesare's face, "Hey, space cadet. Did ya hear me at all just now?" He shook his head, but his eyes didn't land back on Cesare's face, but his neck. Raev swallowed. He was getting distracted. He watched blood beat against the vein and then finished off his glass, "Another round." He slid one of the glasses of bourbon over to the kid, "C'mon, give it a try. But I will warn you, it's much harder than sake." he swallowed down another, "Now, who were those people earlier?"

Cesare drank more, trying to focus back on Raev. The bourban was still less strong than what he was used to. He supposed that humans didn't have as potent of ingrediants as demons. "They were just some angels. I didn't recognize anyone except that demon boy, Oni. I just helped them because...well, I'm not sure." He propped up his head on one hand. "But that girl reminded me of someone." He shut his eyes, trying to shut out all thoughts of his fiance. She was swarming his mind recently. He wondered if she still thought of him.

Angels, huh? Something about the male angel didn't seem quite so holy. Something in the corner of his eye caught his attention: a woman walked in wearing a low cut top, skirt short enough to see her thong and five inch heels. She was dressed for attention. Girls like that were a perfect target for Raev--they were good at begging, too. Raev licked his lips. He was getting distracted, again, and looked back to Cesare, who was floating off into dreamland again. He nudged him with an elbow, playfully. "Don't look so... forlorn." He drank down another, "So... you're an... angel? perhaps that's why you would protect your own kind, right?"

Cesare didn't feel like an angel. He hardly even considered himself one anymore. "You could say that, I suppose." He didn't want to say too much, but he found himself wanting to spill his guts to this stranger. The alchohol must've been getting to him. He suddenly wished he had just stayed at home and never left hell. Earth was too strange of a place. The way the humans dressed and spoke wasn't anything like he was used to, though Cesare would've been lying if he said it didn't interest him.

"No, please don't kill him." She pleads with him before sheathing her sword. She walks over, so that she's standing over Oni. "We can't just leave him like this." Gabrielle tells Auzen, kneeling next to Oni. She placed a hand over him, a light blue light forming around her hand. The blue energy slipped into Oni's body, any injuries inside and out healing. She would of done this earlier for Cesare if it wasn't for the worry of human's catching her. Also, since it was such a pure good energy, a pure strong energy, any demon or angel could sense in an hundred mile radius. Soon she stood up, finishing the wound healing. "Now let's go." She tells Auzen, grabbing his hand as she heads to the door. She dragged him along through the door.

Oni opened his eyes just before Gabrielle stood up. He felt better. He turned quickly and outstretched his hand, "Wait!" He was shocked. He stood up in a rushed, stumbling manner. "Why did you just help me?" He stood behind Gabrielle nervously, hoping she wouldn't run without answering.

"Dude, you are one twisted angel--having drinks with a devil like me?" The statement wasn't serious at all and Raev laughed as he teetered a full shot in his hand. "Cheers to that, kid. Nothing like breaking the rules." He got what he wanted and downed the shot. What to do from here? Should he take the angel back to his place and show Cesare what it means for Heaven to be a place on Earth? He shook the thought from his mind; this kid was too innocent. Raev realized then that he'd stopped his conniving aura from reaching out to the pathetic human creatures. Perhaps it was time to start it up again.

A tingling wave of temptation filled the corners of the bar. He watched the woman in the miniskirt shift in her seat, but his interest faded from her; she was too easy.

Cesare nervously and carefully spoke his next words, "I am the only angel where I live. Drinking with you is no different than drinking with my housemates." He looked around at all of the people there. They were staring at both of them now. Cesare was always looked at strange, it seemed, everywhere he went. It wasn't anything new, he supposed, but he was still unnerved by it. "It's probably better to just call me a demon. It's a more accurate term."

Auzen pulled Gabrielle back and stepped between her and Oni, staring blankly at the demon like a wall. "Why are you trying to kill her? She is like me, she wants no part of your war either. What threat could she pose to your victory?" Auzen shifted a bit, he wasn't used to getting involved with things like this, but he couldn't stand by while a neutral party is needlessly cut down. It didn't make any sense.

"Why wouldn't I help you?" She asked, blinking. "I have no enemies just those following orders. I want to help as many people as I can, I don't let people die in front of me... not as long as I am breathing." She nods her head happy with her answer. "Demon, Angel, Human.. it doesn't matter to me. I gave my life to protecting them all and I plan to do this for as long as I can." She blinked as she was pulled away from Oni and now standing behind Auzen as he spoke. She watched them both carefully before stating quietly to Auzen. "Cause I am a fallen angel.. surely you know the code."

Auzen scoffed over his shoulder. "Your point? I went AWOL years ago and nobody came looking for me. What purpose does eliminating us serve in their war with Hell? It doesn't, at all, it is pointless killing." He said before turning his attention back to Oni. "So what exactly are you playing at Oni?"

Gabrielle was a bit taken back. A angel not caring for the codes? Even though she was a fallen angel there were still codes that she followed religiously. She didn't know what to say, so she said nothing. She looked towards Oni's direction to see what his answer would be.

Oni was surprised by their reactions. He was imbued with even more curiousity, he wanted to know more and more about the two of them. It went against everything he was ever taught, but he didn't want to dispose of these two just yet. He let out a sigh and morphed back to his human form, before saying with a bit of reluctancy, "I...apologize." The words felt like ink on his tongue. He held his hand out to shake Auzen's. "I would like to make it up to you by joining you. I have nowhere to stay, regardless."

Gabrielle furrow her eye brows, becoming even more confused. Join them? It's not like they were a team or anything, she more of just got carried away by a stranger. So much was happening in one day, she placed the palm of her hand to her head. She was starting to feel a bit tired, it was too much confusion for her liking. It was up to Auzen not her, since it was his place.

Raev's blinked twice, edges of his mouth pulling downward. Did this noble-seeming kid just say that? Really? Perhaps he could have some fun with him after all. The words had him taking another shot and laughed, hearty and loud, "Wait, wait. You consider yourself a demon? For reals?" The slang came out of his mouth as if second nature. He was never one for appreciated the proper, old language. He thought about Cesare's housemates. It was hard to believe, the kid really didn't seem inclined to temptation or corruption. "Why in the bloody heck would you be on our side?"

Cesare expected such a reaction. "I was forced out of Heaven years ago during a blood moon. I hadn't done anything wrong, but they made me leave regardless. Hell is my home now, and demons my brethren. There is only one thing I miss from heaven...one person...and she probably never wants to see me again." He had begun rambling a bit on accident, but Raev didn't seem to mind, and it was nice to have someone to speak to.

Auzen cocked an eyebrow at Oni. "There's nothing to join really. I just don't support nor oppose either side of the conflict, hardly a team of some sort." He eyed the demons outstretched hand, he knew Oni fairly well, nothing was ever as it seemed. Though he also wasn't a coward, so he had to give him credit for that. Auzen hesitated, then shrugged and shook his hand. "Though if you've got no place to go I don't see why you can't stay here. If you could clean up your blood mess on my carpet, that would be great. The only carpet in the entire apartment and you had to bleed out on it haha. That's my deposit money down the drain if you can't fix it." Auzen looked to Gabrielle. "So long as that is alright with you. I will not leave you alone with him, I can't say that he will behave himself but if he's got some kind of plan he'll have to get through both of us. I am fairly confident that we could handle ourselves two to one. What do you think?"

Oni bowed in a graceful manner, "Thank you Auzen. I will get right to cleaning." He gave off an all-too-innocent smile and began searching for the supplies he'd need to clean. He couldn't help but feel a bit embarrassed, but if it allowed him longer access to these two, he could deal with it.

"I didn't plan on staying." She mutters softly. She had way too many people to protect and she also could hear the prays of children, they were not something she could just simply ignore. "I have things to do." She says softly, bowing. "Thank you for your help though, but I have to do these things."