The Politics of Demons and Angels

Cesare, in only a few moments ran over in front of Gabrielle, knowing very well that she and him were both in danger. He created a sword out of pure light energy and held it out in front of himself. "You should get out of here, it isn't safe," he whispered to her. He couldn't save his fiance so long ago, but he wouldn't let any harm come to Gabrielle, even if he had to die for it.

Oni just let out a long sigh. "You fallen angels always think you're so powerful and wise, when really you're only getting in the way." He stretched his arms out in front of him and slowly morphed back into his demon form, something that only high ranking demons could do. He had the legs of a goat and was covered in vines with thorns. His fingers ended in claws that could rip through skin without any effort. "Now...those loose ends..."

Auzen sighed turning to look at the male angel standing next to him, then back to Oni. He shrugged. "Neutral party, I couldn't give a fuck less about your war. Have fun killing each other." He said as he turned around. He walked up to Gabrielle, who was already backing away. He smiled as he walked past her. "You look like you want to get the hell out of here. Come with me then, let him deal with this. He seems fairly determined to die for his cause." He said in his monotone voice. Glancing over his shoulder at them all he sighed again. "How pointless."

Had he actually managed to come across a group that had more than one supernatural being? He guessed it made sense, seeing how the odd bunch was all together. Rave didn't care if mankind saw what he was, after all, he had a poor repertoire in Hell anyway, and Heaven mattered none to him. Seeing humans in mass panic would be fun, exciting even. But his current intrigue changed, to the girl who was backing up. It had felt it'd been centuries since he'd felt warm, squishy breasts.

"I have no interest in fighting really," he moved past the two males, completely ignoring them, in a liquid motion. his sights were on the girl, "But I do have something I want." He closed the space between them in a matter of seconds and adjusted one of his wristbands, "Want to get a drink?" A bright, warm smile tugged on the edges of his mouth, flashing white teeth. Fighting could wait, as there'd be plenty of that later... for now he wanted to play...

Cesare slashed at Raev. "Get away from her!" He fluidly moved the sword like he had all of his life.

Oni hated the thought of helping someone else, especially someone on the other team, but there was something he didn't like about this Raev man. He tossed out his arm and vines came up around Raev's ankles, the thorns digging into his skin. "You're on my list, you know? And so is this girl. So leave her to me!"

As Cesare told her to do, she took off running down the street, sword drawn for her own protection. "Thank you! And I'll skip on the drink! Cya!!!!" She called behind her to Cesare and even Oni, she knew that man or rather demon was no good and the same was with Oni. She wasn't going to sit around and see what getting a drink would actually be like or fight Oni for her life. As she ran she realized what Auzen had offer her, an escape, it was to late now though as she was already booking it and making pretty good distance.

Auzen fell through a veil of light that he summoned on the ground before him, turning as his did. He clapped his hands together hard in the direction of the group just before slipping through, creating a blinding flash of white golden white light. He dropped out of the veil a few feet in the air short ways in front of Gabrielle, landing on his feet a second or two before she crashed into him, knocking him backwards off of his feet as he wrapped his arms around her. They flew backwards two feet or so before being swallowed by another veil and crash landing onto the floor of Auzen's apartment, leaving the wood floor slightly splintered from the force of their fall and combined weight. Auzen groaned as his back cried out to his mind with painful objection.

Oni's mind was split between staying and fighting or running after Auzen. Should he take the chance on letting Auzen and Gabrielle get away, or chase after them and let the traitor Cesare get away with his life. In the split second he had to think, he charged after Auzen, releasing Raev and leaving Cesare to fend for himself. He looked at where Auzen had disappeared through and saw a soft glow. Thanks to his powers, he knew exactly where he would be, it was only a matter of getting there. He opened up a portal through hell and leapt gingerly through it, quickly turning and zipping it up in one swift motion. He ran a few meters before ripping another portal open and quickly flipping through it, finding himself still a few miles from his destination. He repeated the portal technique, feeling himself become short of breath, and finally managed to throw himself into Auzen's apartment. He breathed heavily landing next to them, not feeling so cocky anymore, but trying to keep up the tough attitude. "You thought you could get away from me, did you?" He wiped his mouth and realized he was bleeding. "What..is this?"

The girl was gone, but not all the fun had left, after all, the sword wielding boy still stood there. Not a friendly bunch, were they? He wasn't rude, was he? Or perhaps he'd laid the aura of temptation on a little thick. He shook the vines off his body with a quick shudder and smirked to the kid with the sword, "Hey, hey, hey now. I'm not doing anything bad am I? You look stressed." He nodded in the direction of a nearby bar. Maybe he could some answers as to what was just happening. "I still up for a drink, you know. What do you say?"

Cesare felt like he was being played for a fool. "I...I don't drink. Nothing but sake anyway. When you live with a group of samurai it really grows on you..." he shook his head, "Wait a minute, I'm not falling for this!" he held his sword out toward Raev and bared his teeth. How could he be so foolish? He was always too trusting.

Raev tried not to chuckle--man, he really did make an impression, didn't he? Oh well. He was notorious for a reason. He shrugged back his thoughts and tilted his head ever so slightly, "Falling for what? All I'm saying is let's get a drink. I'm really not that bad of a guy." He traced a finger along the blade, "I'm sure they serve sake. It'll be on me." It was a bad pun; a very, very bad pun. He didn't think the kid would catch on though as he seemed... too innocent?

Cesare felt a strange feeling come over him, as if Raev was controlling his emotions. "Fine." He finally gave in out of cowardice, "But one false step and I'll slit your throat." The sword disappeared and he dropped his hand to his side.

Gabrielle yelped for a moment as she hit the male. She shut her eyes tightly as they crash landed. She opened her eyes to see that she was in a strange place she never been before. She looked down, seeing that she landed on Auzen. She scurried off him, before glaring. He messed up her plan to at least get Oni and Raev to follow her, get them away from both Auzen and Cesare. "Are you okay?" She asks, making sure before she would yell at him. She was startled as the man appears, bleeding. She stared at him, grabbing the sword from the ground that dropped in their landing, holding it in a defensive stance again though her worry was on Cesare and Auzen for the moment. Cesare was left with that demon who aura gave her such a bad feeling, she was worried. Gabrielle realized he was bleeding. Her eyes softened only a bit, moving away from the two of them though she couldn't help but ask. "Mr.Commander.. are you okay?" She asked Oni.

The kid was still unsure, but Raev had no problem with that. He didn't have a taste for fighting with his victims aware of his attacks. If he was going to put any effort into it, he wanted to get that thrill from witnessing their shock. "Lighten up, kiddo." He bit his lip apologetically, "Where are my manners? What should I call you?"

He nodded to his left with towards the bar signaling they should walk as they talk.; a long wicked, but charming, smile on his face. He could almost taste the Bourbon. It'd been too long since he indulged in the drunkard ways of man...

Oni's mouth began bleeding more and he coughed, spraying blood on the carpet. "They always...warned me not to do that...I never imagined this would happen..." He felt as if his organs were being twisted around inside of his stomach, as if he had been torn apart and was being painfully put back together. He looked to Gabrielle and his eyes were bloodshot, "I...shouldn't have followed you..." These were his last words before he fell to the ground, barely conscious.

---

Cesare nervously answered, "My name is Cesare." Part of him knew he should turn and run, but the enticing thought of alchohol was just too much. In the back of his head he had the feeling he shouldn't be there, but still his feet moved and he followed his previous enemy.

He could feel a hint of temptation for liquor within Casare and smirked. At least they had something in common. Raev was a creature driven by his mood, and right now he was curious. Playing with mankind had turned nearly turned into battle and now it was two guys getting a drink. Raev couldn't help but be intrigued of the events taking place and indulged in that curiosity--who knew how long it would last before he only wanted blood.

"Cesare, you can call me Raev," At the door he opened it wide, allowing the samurai to enter first.

Cesare walked inside, feeling awkward and uncomfortable. He had never been to any kind of bar outside of New Kyoto, and wasn't sure if he really wanted to be there now, but he had already chosen his path and had to stay faithful to it. It smelled of smoke and regret, and it wasn't the cleanest of places either. He whispered to Raev, "Is this what all earth places are like?"

"I hope not." The demon laughed and rolled his shoulders in a shrug, he'd been to worse and actually took delight in places like these. He couldn't blame the kid for being uncomfortable. It was a dive, but it had energy... good and bad. He found a seat at the bar and settled into it. The stools weren't exactly easy to relax in, wood and stiff. He signaled the bartender over and ordered a hot sake and some bourbon.

"So, what the in heck was going on earlier?"

Cesare drank very quickly, as he was used to fighting over drinks with his friends. "I got lost and ended up in that dark abandoned part of town. I saw that girl and tried to talk to her, but she snapped on me and tried to attack me... I would've been toast if that blue eyed girl hadn't shown up..." He looked around and saw a lot of human eyes on him. He didn't realize it, but he looked more out of place than ever in this run down bar. His natural looks made him appear like either royalty or a drag queen, niether of which would be welcomed easily at a place like this.

Auzen raised an eyebrow at Oni, though his face tightened when he started coughing up blood. "Oni, you're getting blood all over my carpet, what the hell?!" He made a move to stand and try cleaning it up, though stopped as the demon fell to the ground on top of his mess. "Fuck." He said plainly, staring at the demon lying on his apartment floor. "You just had to spit up blood on the only area of my apartment with carpet. Just my luck." He got up and shook his head in hand, then looked to Gabrielle. "Well... He came here trying to kill me or you. He already tried to kill me earlier. Now he barges into my place and passes out in his own blood on my carpet, which will come out of my security deposit if you did not know." He sighed and looked back at Oni. "I don't want to get involved in this stupid fucking war, that being said I am most definitely not going to die for a cause I want nothing to do with. I could kill him right here and now and rid myself of this pestering monkey on my back once and for all." He stood for a moment in silence before sighing once more and turning around and leaning against the island between where Oni was and the kitchen. "Whatever. What am I to do with an unconscious hostile demon in my living room? Should we just leave?"

Raev could also feel the weight in the air from all the stares they were getting--correction--Cesare was getting. It was something about the way the demon held and dressed himself that allowed him to camouflage in his surroundings easily no matter the crowd. The only thing that might make him stand out in a crap-hole like this was his stylish hair. Which happened to be getting his eyes at the moment. He shook his head, adjusting his bangs.

"You didn't mention her hips or anything, did ya?" He ordered the kid more Atsukan (hot sake) after snorting at his own joke. "With that brat, Oni, there, it seemed like a battle of the supernatural. All that loose end talk and such."