The Politics of Demons and Angels

Once the boy awoke, he was laying under the shade of a tree with Gabrielle blue and yellow designed jacket over him. He sat up abruptly before blushing slightly from embarrassment. He sat next to her pack and also his own pack she must have found in the house. Her armored gloves and reverse blade sword resting right next to the packs. Gabrielle, herself, was only a few feet away in the low sunset. She was digging with a shovel in the middle of a forest. How did they get to a forest so fast? How long was he out? He pondered but blushed again. Gabrielle's dress was light armor, a blue detailed in white designs. It was tight against her body and didn't fit the whole angel long dress thing. It was short, to her mid-thigh short. Her armor boots were laced from the ankle up to about her knee before doing some laced design. He looked away, puffing out his.
"Your outfit is ugly." He called to her before letting the air out of his mouth, staring at the cheap wood coffin sitting next to the hole. "Is she is there?" He asked. Gabrielle blinked, rather surprised to hear him up and speaking but she looked at him, and then followed his eyes to the coffin. She stopped digging for a moment.
"I happen to like this outfit." She giggles before smoothing it over. "Yes. She's in there. I figured we should bury her. Do you have any family you can go to?" She started digging again; there was no time to just sit and talk.
"No. Mom was the only one." He replied, looking over at Gabrielle digging. He stared at her before looking toward the ground.
"Then will you come with me?" She asked him. He ripped his stare off the ground. He stared and stared at her. It was awkwardly silent for him, though it didn't faze Gabrielle none. She just worked and worked, him not answering. Eventually, the hole was big enough and Gabrielle jumped out of the hole, landing gracefully on her feet. "Say your good-byes now Miguel." She called to him, walking over to the coffin. She moved her hands towards her and Miguel got up and did just that. He sat next to the coffin and looked at Gabrielle. "I'll do a pray you just say your good-bye."

Auzen sighed. "I make me tick, nothing is in either side for me. Regardless of who wins I will be just as useful afterwards as I am now. Nothing will change for me." He shrugged. "I don't see the point in any of it, a bunch of uptight angels that think they're the hottest shit around and want to control everything against a bunch of booty hurt demons who want some credit as a race." He chuckled lightly. "It's just a big ego trip on either end. I couldn't care less." He shook his head, the stared at Oni. He started to glow a bit, the light slowly getting brighter and brighter. "This whole breaking the clock thing on the other hand..." The light was very bright now, filling the room. "I may not give a fuck about any of this shit... but I do mind your unnecessary killing." He threw an elbow into the window behind him, smiling at Oni as the glass shatter, though he wouldn't eb able to see it through the light. "Well, at least my own life. Otherwise I generally am apathetic as well, now if you don't mind." The light was extremely bright now, burning white overfilling the room in a hot flash. "I'll be going." He fell backwards out of the window, pushing away from the wall after a few stories then disappearing through a veil. He came out of the other side in heaven, back in Purgatory where his people once live. He looked around the forgotten landscape, it was lush and overgrow. The houses had been overtaken by vines and brush, he sighed as he walked towards his old home.

Oni tried to follow him through' but the portal shut behind him. "Aww, now who can I play with?"

---

Cesare felt more uneasy the longer he sat with Raev, but he couldn't just walk away now. That would be suspicious. Instead he sat and cringed as the man spoke, debating on whether or not he should attack him. Afterall, it wouldn't give away the demons to use an angel's power, would it?

"Don't look so serious," He nudged his companion in the arm with an elbow, a smirk still playing on his face. The kid seemed to hold no interest in delivering or receiving pain, and Raev was growing more and more eager to play. It was almost like an arousal. He unleashed of wave of delightful temptation--the aura would lead many people in the bar to fighting or sneaking to the bathrooms for some intimate play. He was curious how the sensation would effect the angel. Oh, his bad, fallen angel.

Gabrielle waited as the boy said his good-byes before getting his help to move the coffin into the dirt. She waved her hand afterward, a strong gust of wind sending the dirt into the grave before smoothing it out with the shovel. Miguel was holding up rather well; much better then Gabrielle had predicted. She placed her hand to her forehead to the middle of her chest before going left then to the right, from shoulder to shoulder, with her fingers. She put her hands together, muttering in the lost angelic language. The boy walked away as she prayed, collecting her sword, jacket, and gloves. He held them up to her once she finished, doing the same motion across her body as before. She smiled at him before putting her leg behind the other curtseying in thanks.
"Thank you." She stand up straight and grabbed her sword in it's sheath, placing it through a tight ribbon around her waist that kept it in place. She put her jacket on and then grabbed the gloves, putting them on before speaking again. "Let's grab our packs and go, quickly." She knew that the pray already made her whereabouts known to both angels and demons. She didn't want to run into any of them. She walked to her bag grabbing it as Miguel did the same with his.
"Where are we going?" He asked her which caused her to laugh.
"Not sure, to find you a home and help children." She tells him, kneeling down.
"What are you doing?" He asked, crossing his arms.
"Piggyback ride. Get on my back." She said with a smile.
"....Why would I do that?" He scoffed. "You're a woman! You're not suppose to be giving me piggyback rides." Gabrielle laughed and shook her head.
"Get on, or i'll carry you like a bride." She teased. Miguel got a sour face before crawling up on her back. She looked behind her shoulder and gave him a breath taking smile. He looked away, blushing as his cheeks were puffed out. "Hold on tight." With that she took off running before the wind picked up behind her sending her flying down through the forest. She avoided the trees in her way, leaving behind a dust trial behind them with very step which faded with the wind.
"AHHHH!! HOW ARE YOU RUNNING SO FAST!? SLOW DOWWNNNNN!!" Miguel screamed. Gabrielle just giggled and kept her pace.

Memories antagonized him like a patch of gnats as he walk through the ruins of Purgatory, and he swatted them away with as much annoyance as one would the gnats. He eyed the run down remnants of what once were the homes of his friends and family, wondering where they all had gone to after the portals came to be. He had gone to Earth and left everything behind, though he assumed that most would have relocated to another angelic city to seek menial vocations of servitude and degradation. He sighed, his mother must be one of those. She was always holier than thou, he couldn't see her leaving heaven unless it was her duty. His father on the other hand... his father was a proud man, proud of his work and clan. He could have gone anywhere, but being an underling of underlings? That was not, nor would that ever be, Auzen's father. He reached the weathered ramshackle building that was once his home. The vines were thick over the door, and Auzen didn't feel like drawing his weapon, so he climbed in through the window. Inside, the house was lush with grass, weeds, and vines. He chuckled at the irony he found in the idea of the forest surrounding their small town moving into their abandoned houses. He walked to the center of would be the living room and laid down on his back, wrapping his wings around his torso to keep them from being a hassle. "Home sweet home." He said sarcastically, though hearing it you couldn't tell as there was no tone to his voice, as usual.

Cesare felt a strange feeling begin to overcome him, but he tried to shake it off. This was a serious moment, it wasn't time for fun and games. "You have no soul, do you? No feelings, no care for others... You're pathetic."

The laughter that spilled from the demon was all velvet and bells, a warm, deep sound. It was the kind of laugh you'd get from telling someone a positively clever or heart-warming joke. Again, the eyes of those around had been pulled back to stare at them. Raev turned in his seat so he was facing the angel. The ear-to-ear smirk was not friendly, but not violent either; it was something between cruel and amused.

"We demons harbor not concern or souls, sweetheart, but lust and hatred, and the exciting emotions that tickle the fancy of man." He scoffed, "And you say Hell is your home? Just what kind of demons to you chill with?"