The planetary nexus: an rare ultraterrestrial phenomenon

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"If that is indeed your girl down there..> Then what the hell would you do?" York asked throwing up his hands in frustration, at this rate they were getting nowhere, with their newfound arsenal they could do a number on the base, despite Frio knowing how to redirect energy attacks, he was willing to bet he too had a capacity... If him and Jane were to combine their attack, it would overload his body as he was absorbing it, even if that failed, he was rather curious how well he'd take a blast from a particle beam cannon...

"What would YOU do if you were in MY position? Becasue the way I see it is, if you go storming in the base and find Jane and your brother not there, and then you don't know where they're really are then what? OR what happens when you fall into a trap that might have yourself killed? It's not like you can transform or anything. Have you ever thought of that?!?!" Prince was so frustrated that a burst of energy erupted out of him creating burst of wind that only blew some objects around while his light red arua was evolving around him.

"It's still worth trying... It's all or nothing really." York sighed Jane butted in revealing htat she herself hadn't dozed off yet "A warrior doesn't let setbacks bring them down... Simple as that, if someone dear to them is in danger, there's nothing stopping them from doing something about it." York looked towards the distance he himself getting a red glod in his eyes for a brief moment. "It's not about survival or risks... It's about helping someone out, it's our nature as hybnds." He said simply turning over "Now... I'm going to sleep." he said firmly with Jane quietly following suit.

"you two don't understand my brother or Mugen."

York had already dozed off motionless on his bed, Jane seemed to have done the same really, it seemed York was true to his word.

The sun had just been rising when York suddenly shot awake breathing rather hard, it was quite obvious he'd had a nightmare... Jane began to stur next to him waking up wiht a little groan "Nightmare?" she asked him which he simply responded with a nod. Jane frowned at this "How long has that been going on..." she asked looking rather worried "Can't say, but I'd rather not talk about it too much." York said with a shake of his head before getting out of bed.

"Shhhhhhhhhh.... don't move. don't even make a sound......" Prince said as he sensed someone near by.

In what seemed like a mere instant, Jane swiftly and silently moved towards where her weapon lay looking around while York simply drew his sword getting ready for a fight, he too detected a presense of some sort nearby... Whatever it was, they were ready for it, and if all else failed, they could arm this ship and fire it's arsenal.

Prince saw one moving shadow heading towards York and one behind Jane. "York, hit the lights!" Prince shouted as he quickly figured out what they were.

With a quick mental command, the room suddenly lit up with neon blue light covering the span of the entire thing all the furniture seeming to melt and form a blue "layer" over the room. "Best I could do." He said looking around some more, what was even more chilling was the fact that he felt something really bad was coming, perhaps the flood had followed him through slipspace after all?
Meanwhile all this was going on, up above in the sky what resembled a miniature black hole opened up and a large shape drifted through, it resembled a large alien ship but it was covered with something that looked very much like living flesh....

"Just what I thought, Shadow Stealers! Protect your shadow, if they get a hold of your shadow, you become their prisoner and you DON'T want to know what they do to their host's shadows!" Prince said as he stabbed one in the head that was on a wall beside him, killing him. "Aim for their head."

"It's not so hard to do in a Forerunner ship... Hard light technology is a usefull thing." York commented before closing his eyes for a moment, Jane seemed to do so too, and they both generated their own light auras, York's was a neon blue and Jane's was more of a hot pink... Then a burst of searing hot energy emanated from their bodies enveloping the room with it, this particular attack shouldn't be able to harm anyone that knows how to block it.

While Prince is being unharmed by the York's and Jane's light auras, the Shadow Stealers melted from the rays of the intense heat and the only thing left of them is their oozing slime.

Knowing exactly what type of trick these creatures were pulling, York sliced away at the slime roughly where their "heads" would be with Jane following suit knowing what to expect... After they were finished a loud booming noise could be heard somewhere in the distance; something had impacted the planets surface, and it certainly wasn't a meteor.

"Hell if I know." York said making a mental command to make the hard light lining the walls to part a little revealing one of the windows... Him and Jane both looked out of it to see what they had both dreaded; the parasite had made it through to this planet, and now that the infected ship had outlived it's purpose... The fleshy living substance started to slither and expand from the wreckage covering the ground before it halted for a moment starting to expand upwards. "They're here... If we're going to storm Frio's place, we better do it quick." Jane said turning back, York nodded "They're simply settling in right now, and an attack on a ship that size can't be accomplished; it's aresnal will wipe us out in an instant... We better take care of an easier task first." he added gesturing towards that barbarian camp again, it was a good distance away from the infested planet surface thankfully, but he knew that distance would grow shorter and shorter...

Prince looked at the parasites and spoke, "I can take of these parasites, they are similar to my grandmother's "magic mistakes".

York shook his head "Not while the gravemind has control over them... They already posess the very same knowledge we do... Unfortunately that includes our attacks, while they may look weak, that shit combined with their attacks will be the end of you." Jane figured it would be for the best to elaborate "Unlike us... They know how to regenerate... And they do it fast, faster than you can ever be able to wipe them out. Even back at home, we're fighting a losing war, some say the halo array might be the only option left, even with these newfound powers we posess." she added looking a little sad.

"You two REALLY don't know who I am, do you?" Prince and he shook his head with a smile.