The Peace Maker

Emmica kept her gave down as he held her hand, her fingers much small in his larger hand. She was quiet for a moment after he asked if she needed anything and shook her head, her eyes lulling a bit as she was becoming tired once more.

"I'm fine...I just...need some more...sleep." She said before a yawn took over her sentence, her much meeker and softer side finally showing after her tiring experience.

Ivish nodded "yes you should get some rest." He looked at her for a moment "Would you like me to go?" He decided to ask first this time, so as not to risk another outburst.

Emmica looked at him quietly for a second before nodding her head.

"Yes...I should really...get some sleep...I am sorry for the trouble I have caused." She mumbled the last part softly as she started to lay down on to bed.

Ivish shook his head, "you have caused no trouble." He got to his feet, "if you need anything tell the guards to fetch me or Rue." He smiled "i hope your sleep has no nightmares this time."

Suddenly feeling impulsive, he leaned down and kissed her cheek, smiled and quickly left. He told his guards to fetch him or Rue if Emmica needed anything, then he went off in search of Rue.

Rue wandered into the room where Emmica was, carrying the flowers from Rindall in a vase. Seeing that she was asleep, she placed them on the table quietly and then left. She ran into Ivish and they ate together, she mentioned nothing of the letter she received. She wanted to read it herself first.

Emmica blushed deeply as he placed the small kiss on her cheek, blinking in surprise for a moment before burrying her head into her pillow in embarrassment. Eventually she nodded off, not hearing Rue come in at all. Her sleep a dreamless this time and much more peaceful, her breath steady and much more calm. She easily slept through the evening and into the morning as well, her body still a little weak from her fever. She was a tossled mess in her sleep, fabric and hair everywhere as she hugged a pillow tightly to her chest like a teddy bear. She's sleep like this forever easily if no one came to awaken her.

Rue still hadn't read the letter, she couldn't say why but it gave her a strange sense of foreboding. Deciding to do something constructive she took lunch to Emmica. She smiled when she saw she was still sleeping, putting the tray of food down she gently shook her awake "Emmica, wake up you have to eat something."

Ivish had checked in on Emmica earlier that morning, satisfied she was looking better he began making plans to move into Rindall castle that day.

Emmica grumbled slightly as she awakened, her eye blinking groggily a few times before she sat up in bed. She looked at Rue and smiled a bit before her gaze drifted to the food.

"Thank you..." She said quietly as she reached to the the try and started to it.

It was then that she realized how hungry she truely was and she quickly started to eat her fill until she could eat not more.

Rue smiled "i hope you're feeling better, Ivish plans to move today." She sat down on the chair opposite her, "as long as your up to it that is."

Ivish was lost in thought, when a guard poked his head in to tell him yet another messenger had arrived. Ivish frowned, who would be sending another message so soon? He retrieved the letter, and decided to have Emmcia read it for him so that he could see her at the same time.

Emmica nodded her head when Rue mentioned moving that day. After yesterdays events it would be better for everyone if she was back in Rindall, at least it would keep her people calmer knowing she was alright. She finished her breakfast eventually and let out a content sigh, she was glad to have something in her stomach and even happier to be returning to her lovely Rindall.

Ivish walked in and smiled at both of them, he bent down to kiss Rues forehead "good morning Pixie." He glanced at Emmica then back to Rue "have you finshed your packing yet?"

Rue had finished but she could see Ivish wanted to be alone with Emmcia, so she smiled "i haven't actually i better get to it." Ivish gave her a grateful smile and she winked back at him as she left.

When Rue left Ivish moved closer to Emmica and smiled "good morning," he said quietly before looking at his feet. He was embrassed by his actions last night, "are you feeling any better?"

Emmica smiled a bit when Ivish entered, her opinion of him a little more open than it had been before, though she still had certain worries here and there. When Rue left however her cheeks seemed to darken a bit as she remembered what happened the last time they had been left alone.

"Good morning..." She said softly in return as she glanced off to the side, unable to look at him.

At his question she seemed to think seriously for a moment abut how she felt. She certainly felt better but she could still feel the embers of a fever on her skin and she knew better than to assume it would disappear, she had had fever that would come and go throughout the day but never truely leave.

"I am feeling better...though I don't promise a quick recovery with my health the way it is..." She said, her tone joking a bit as she gazed at her lap.

Ivish nodded and sat down next to her, "yes it will take a while for you to regain your full strength." He cleared his thought "i hope your well enough to travel to Rindall today?" He glanced at her for a moment before returning his gaze at the floor.

He sat silently for a moment then handed her his letter, "would you mind reading this for me? The handwriting is too messy for me to understand." Yes that sounds believable he thought, raising his eyes to look at her smiling.

Emmica took the letter and glanced at it quietly. She thought it was fine in her opinion, though it did have some smudges in random places. She glanced back up at him for a second, wondering why he kept making her read for him. She cleared her throat lightly and began to relay the message that had been addressed to Ivish aloud...

Dear so called king of Dartith,

You are scum, and you shall never be our ruler.

We hate you, your people and your daughter.

So do us all a favor and crawl back to Dartith, where dogs like you belong.

Signed, supporters of our true king.

Ivish said nothing as she relayed the message, when she finished he buried his head in his hands and was silent. He took death breaths, trying futilely to calm himself.

When Emmica finished the message she couldn't help but bite her lip, her people were actting so different than what she could remember. They were always talking of peace and acceptance, to never judge on stories or whispered words...Which had been the very thing she had done. She looked to Ivish and reached out with one hand. placing it on his shoulder as she spoke softly.

"Ivish...Please don't be mad...they are just fearful of the stories and what they think they know...like I was. But I'll talk to them if you like. I'll write a speech and deliver it after you are settled into the castle." She offered, feeling bad that her people were causing him pain.

Ivish jumped a little, startled by her touch his rasied his head to loo at her. Tears pricked behind his pain filled eyes, "i am not angry Emmica, i am saddened and fearful." He got to his feet and started pacing "those rebels told others wrongly, that Rue was my daughter."

He stopped for a moment to look at her "i am used to such letters, but Rue is not. She has done nothing wrong and now she and my people will pay for my false reputation." He resumed his pacing "what if they try to attack her as they did me? What if they attack my people?"

He continued pacing for a while, lost in thought then suddenly he sat down next to Emmica. He took her hands, his voice was pleading "yes you must write that speech, they'll believe you. You must tell them that the stories they've heard about me are wrong, that Rue and my people are kind and not to blame." He tried to smile, "will you?" he asked quietly.

Emmica watched him pace back and forth quietly, she could tell this was really bothering him. It also bothered her as well. Her peoples voices were changing there turn from peace and understanding to rebellion and death. She knew that the loss of a king was a hard thing to accept and that fighting back was only natural but her people were speaking so out of tune. She knew her common folk and they would never had done this, it was the workings of someone higher up, she was certain. After losing their ruler and princess that looked for someone to fill the void, and it seemed someone who wasn't to fond of Ivish had stepped in.

She smiled at him gently and nodded her head as she gave his hands a gentle squeez to comfort him in his time of need.

"I will Ivish, My people must hear what I have to say...I am rather displeased with their past actions...But believe me when I say that they weren't like this before. Someone has been saying something to feed the fire that is their fear. I promise though that they will be loyal to you as they were to my father once I've calmed them, even if I must resort to the lowest of blows to their egos to make them see."

Ivish smiled as she squeezed his hands, glad for the comfort "thank you. Please don't mention this to Rue, it would only upset her." He released his hands and walked to the table, with his back turned from her he rubbed his face. He had been lying before, being blamed for his fathers crimes still hurt him.

After a moment he sat back down and handed Emmica the potion bottle, "you should drink whats left, if you're going to improve." He watched her for a while before he spoke his voice embarrassed "by the way I'm sorry about, uh last night." He said blushing slightly.

Emmica watched him walk away and felt bad for him, he was in a worse position than she was. She took the bottle when he offered it to her. She was about to drink it when he mentioned last night, the memory of his soft kiss returned to the front of her mind and she deeply blushed. She looked down at her lap quietly for a moment before she had the courage to speak.

"It is alright....there was a lot of emotion going around then so I'm not mad..." She said softly.

Ivish smiled, and kissed her hand "I'm glad, because in the future I'd like to do that again." He grinned and sat back a little, "with your permission of course." He gestured to the potion bottle, "you should drink that and do you need something to eat?" He asked innocently, subtly changing the subject.