The Peace Maker

Emmica followed after her quietly, ignoring the stares of the guards as she walked after Rue. She was curious to see the ball room, wondering what such a room would look like for a kingdon like Dartith. When they entered her jaw almost dropped, it was so beautiful. Her eyes went directly to the ceiling and chandeliers, tracing the story they told with her eyes. She walked around slowly as her eyes moved down to the brightly colored walls and large windows...It was truely breath taking.

"Amazing...I would have never thought that such a place would be here...of all kingdoms. I never realised there was a side like this to Dartith..." She said, mostly mumbling to herself as she moved to a window to peek outside.

Rue grinned, glad that Emmica appreciated the rooms beauty. She walked outside into the small courtyard that the windows looked into, via a set of double glass doors.

The courtyard was large and made of stone, it was worn and covered with moss but still magnificent. Rue gestured for Emmica to follow her "come on, I'll show you the garden."

She lead the way to the opposite side of the courtyard, and behind some bushes. There in front of them was a small door, that had been set into the wall.

il_fullxfull.80039171.jpg

Rue bent down and opened it, revealing a long dark tunnel. She smiled up at Emmica "don't be scared, just follow me through." Rue crawled inside and made her way down the tunnel, she called back over her shoulder to Emm "Oh and close the door behind you."

After a few minutes the tunnel opened up into a clearing, that was surround by high Grey stone walls that were covered in moss and climbing vines.

The clearing was full of many, many beautiful, different, and colorful flowers. There were tall trees, hedges, and even a small pond covered with waterlilys. There was a path of stepping stones that lead to a large fountain in the middle of the garden and a bench. There was no sound except for the peaceful relaxing sounds of the water fountain.

3440061960_878d122802.jpg

Rue grinned down at Emmica as she emerged from the tunnel and helped her to her feet, "i told you it was beautiful."

She looked to the bench and was surprised to see Ivish there, he was staring at a piece of parchment intently. She could tell he was trying to read it, and it also looked as if he was crying. She was unsure of what to say so she simply stood there beside Emmica, she was worried he wouldn't like her bringing Emmica here.

Ivish stared intently at the parchment, trying to will him self to understand the words. He began to cry softly in frustration and sadness. The parchment was a diary entry of his mother's and he longed desperately to be able to read it on his own, so he might feel closer to her.

He looked up suddenly, startled at the sudden noise he smiled when he saw it was Rue. However he quickly noticed that Emmica was with her and so quickly hid the parchment in his robes. He got to his feet and walked slowly towards them, his eyes gazed at them softly.

He was at first angry that Rue had shown the princess their secret garden, but it quickly vanished as he realized just how lonely Rue must be and how she needed Emmica as a friend.

When he reached them he bent down to kiss Rue on the forehead, "see you tonight Pixie." He nodded slightly to Emmica avoiding her eyes and left without saying another word.

Rue stared after him and wondered if Emmica had seen him struggling to read, and if she should go after him. Deciding he'd be happier alone she returned her attention to Emmica, and smiled trying to ease the tension "so how do you like it?"

Emmica looked from the walls she had been oberving to Rue and followed after her quickly, egar to see more, especially if it was this lovely. When she saw the door she became ever so curious. She crawled in after Rue and shut the door behind her before slowly making her way through the tunnel. When she slipped out into the garden, she paused for a moment, still on her knees, to look around at the wonder of the place.

The flowers, the color, the fountain...It was so unreal, like a fairytale had come to life in this barren waste land. She stood slowly as the awe on her face grew. Her amazment disappeared though when her eyes fell on Ivish. Her head quickly bowed as she looked away from him, not feeling comfortable with giving him eye contact. She could only watch from the corner of her eye as he walked over to them a greeted Rue lovingly before passing Emmica without even as much as a glance. She noticed though, before when she had looked at him stright on, that he seemed upset, possibly crying even, she couldn't tell since she looked away so fast.

To see him, such a fear man across the lands, cry openly...It was diturbing if not anything else. She shook it off though, it wasn't her place to pry into his bussiness. Maybe she'd leave later in her stay, when things weren't so uncertain and stress enducing. She looked to Rue once Ivish was gone and smiled widely at her.

"It is very lovely...You have preformed a miracle here." She said as she looked back to the lovely gardens.

Rue grinned back at her and nodded "i know, all the flowers and plants are from different kingdoms.""Ivish and i made this together, they were all paid for of course." She said quietly, making sure Emmica didn't get the wrong idea. She was grateful that Emmica had apparently not noticed the king couldn't read, and so she put the incident out of her mind although she would ask Ivish what had upset him so later.

She smiled and lead her to a bunch of beautiful looking, and smelling flowers "these are from Rindall." She took a moment to smell the flowers her self before she turned to Emmica "go and explore if you like, its pretty big and all the flowers smell fantastic." She went and sat on the bench "just yell if you need me."

Emmica looked over the flowers as she spoke, enjoying the smeel that floated in the air. When she saw the flower from Rindall a look of sadness filled her eyes. They reminded her of home, of her own garden and plants that she had taken care of, left to no one...the servants having been let go after her father surrendered. They would forever sit alone now in her abandoned castle, slowly dieing...

She shook her head a bit before she smile down at Rue, nodding her head as she suggested to go look around.

"Alright, I'll go look around then..."

Rue watched Emmica walk off, then she closed her eyes and let the sound of the fountain and the wind relax her.

She began to daydream, in it Dartith was beautiful and peaceful again and it was all thanks to her. Ivish was there as was her mother, both of them standing proudly by her side.

She must of dozed off, for when she awoke the sun was slowing disappearing behind the horizon.

She hurriedly got to her feet and began looking for Emmica, "hey Emm where are you?" Ivish wouldn't be happy if they were late for dinner.

Emmica wandered deep into the garden, there were so many plants that she had never seen before in her life. There were exotic flowers and plants that seemed to prefer to eat bugs instead of the light that the sun offered. There were giant trees and the grass was soft and clean cut, this was very well taken care of. It reminded her of her own garden, though this one was smaller and had such a larger variaty of blossoms and buds than her own.

She walked around for as long as she could, always moving and observing, trying to keep her mind on anything but her home, she could have such thoughts until dinner when she would have to speak with Ivish...

Emmica startled a bit when she heard Rue call her, it was then that she realized that the sun was setting and it would soon be dinner time. She walked over to Rue quickly, having followed her voice back to where she was from her place deep in the garden. When she saw her she couldn't help but smile, natrue always had a habit of calming her no matter how stressed she was.

"I assume it is time to get changed for dinner..Am I correct?" She asked.

Rue nodded and hurried over to her "yep and if we don't hurry we'll be late." She took her hand and hurried over to the exit "and we don't want to do that." Ivish hated tardiness, she could usually get away with it but she doubted he'd be so forthcoming with Emmica.

When they were both through the tunnel and back into the courtyard, Rue shut the door and hurried along pulling Emmica beside her. After they reached her room, Rue grabbed her own dress and headed behind a wooden screen to change "get changed Emm and then I'll fix your hair."

Emmica followed after Rue quickly and crawled as fast as she could in her dress. When they got out of the tunnel she hurried along with Rue back to the room. She had a feeling they were rushing because Ivish would be mad at them and had no problem running if she had too, She didn't need to make things any more awkward or tough for either of them.

When They got back to the room and Rue darted behind the screen to change, Emmica quickly slipped from her old dress and pulled on her new one. It was a very deep shade of purple and it exposed her shoulders, stoping just in the right spot so is didn't show off too much. It was trimed in gold and for a moment Emmica was awed by the beauty of it.

Rue stepped out from the screen in a silky pale blue dress, it was pleated at the bottom and it made her look beautiful and mature. She looked at Emmica and smiled "you look beautiful, the dress really suits you." She went to her dresser and picked up a few blue ribbons, which she then weaved into her braid.

Rue then produced two purple ribbons and asked Emmica to sit down so she could weave them in, when that was done she smiled again and headed for the door "lets go."

Rue lead the way down stairs and into a large dining room, it was beautiful but nowhere near the splendor of the ballroom. There was a huge oak table in the center of the room, with three empty plates and cutlery. Sitting at the head of the table was Ivish, who was deep in conversation with a few guards Rue sat down next to Ivish and opposite Emmica. She smiled reassuringly over at Emmica, who looked extremely nervous.

When Ivish noticed the girls he dismissed the guards and turned to them, "late i see." he said winking at Rue. He nodded at Emmica "good evening" he said softly, before looking at the new dress she was wearing, it was very flattering.
He gestured to their plates, "lucky that dinner is not quite ready." he said a faint smile on his face as he looked at Rue. He looked over to Emmica, "Emmica, i have some questions about Rindall that i hope you can help me with." He said quietly, he stared at her his gaze soft "how do you think they'll react to us moving into Rindall castle?"

Emmica smiled at Rue at her compliment and returned it as she looked Rue over, she looked so much more mature in such a dress, it almost seemed out of place. When her hair had been finished she followed Rue quietly to the dining room, looking around curiously as they entered. It wasn't anything compared to the ball room but it had its own charme nonetheless. When she saw Ivish though her gaze quickly shifted to anything but him, her head bowing slightly.

"Good evening..." She said softly as she took her seat on teh other side of ivish and across from Rue.

She felt so nervous being close to him like this, he had taken over her kingdom after all. When he asked her question she almosted looked at him in surprise, but hid it before he could notice...Even if he did move into her old castle she wouldn't have the rights she had before, she was now a servant and that was all that mattered.

"It would be...very conflicting for my people. They would be interested if you did, in history there has never been a king who would move to a new castle after taking over the land, they would be curious of your abilities as a leader certainly...However, those loyal to my father would definately not approve and you would have trouble getting the help you'd need, such as labor from the blacksmiths or the remainder of the guard...

Ivish caught her look of surprise but did not fully understand it, it made sense for him to move into the Rindall castle. It was right in the heart of the kingdom which would make it easier for him to rule, and help him keep an eye on the villagers.

Just then two servants appeared with two large dishes covered in food, which they placed on the table. One had meat marinated in Dartith spices, and the other held different vegetables.

Ivish piled meat and vegetables on his plate before he looked back at Emmica, "what do you suggest?"

Rue piled her plate high, she loved the cooks food it was always delicious. She glanced over at Emmica and wondered if she'd like the Dartith spices, they were an acquired taste.

Emmica looked at the food as she thought about his his question, there were so many things that he could do, and so many more that could go terribly wrong. When teh other two had finished getting their food she grabbed a little for herself, she never had much of an appitite so she hoped that wouldn't try to make her eat more than she took. She poked at her food as she spoke, ready to take a bite as soon as she finshed.

"Well, I would have to say, moving to the castle would be a good move, you'd be closer to the people...but you have to tread the water carefully if you do move...I would recommend that you send a messenger to inform the people of you arrivial, something simple, nothing that could make them feel like you're actting proud or anything. Also, do not parade into town with guards or anything, a simple quiet enterance will keep the people clam, anything else might cause someone to become enraged, and such emotion can spread like a deadly wild fire and destroy everything..." She said, taking a small bite as she finished.

Ivish listened thoughtfully while he ate, "very well after dinner I'd like your help in writing an arrival message." He took a sip of wine that had been delivered to him and Emmica "how do you suggest i enter quietly?" He asked with a hint of a smile on his face.

Rue wondered how Emmica would react to that, she had trouble looking him in the eye let alone being alone with him.

Emmica chewed quietly, keeping a stright face as he told her she would help him with a message. On the inside though she felt uneasy, being alone with him made her nervous, and not in teh fuzzy feeling kind of way...She'd have to deal with it though, she had to spend the rest of her days as his and Rue's servant. She looked up at him when she finished chewing, her face only holding a look of strick business, she could smile at her slightly but it would take much more for her to be comfortable around him let alone return the smile.

"Don't parade in with guards, have a simple carriage if you must have one, or ride in on a horse that isn't over done. They will think you are flauting your wealth and power if you do that. The people have respect for a ruler they can relate too...one that they know is just like them, not any better or worse..."

Ivish kept his questioning gaze on her "i see, and how do you think they'll fare with my people coming to share the land?"

He asked seriously, he had a feeling he already knew the answer but Rindall would become a safe place for his people. That was something he stood firm on, but he needed to know how to soothe Rindalls upset citizens.

"They'd be upset, certainly, but the people aren't quick to judge. We are a kingdom of scholars and craftsmen, of those who toil in dirt and those who toil in words, as long as your people don't think they are going to be served on a silver platter then there shouldn't be any real trouble..." Emmica said as she looked back at her food, unable to keep her gaze on him.

Ivish nodded vaguely, he already knew the things he was asking her but he was testing her to see if she would answer truthfully and if she could be a potential adviser. So far she was passing, he noticed however that she could not look at him for very long and for some reason that he could not explain this disappointed him.

He gazed at her for a while and waited for her to finish her meal before he spoke, "are you ready?" He was impatient to get this letter done, and begin the preparations for the transportation of the refugees of Dartith.

Emmica finished the little amount of food that she took and nodded her head. She felt awkward as he had been watching her eat the whole time, it made her uncertain and nervous, like she was being interrogated for no reason.

"I am ready when ever you are, sir..." She said softly as she let her hands rest in her lap, her gaze still down.

Ivish got to his feet, "good lets go." He turned his head to Rue, and kissed her forehead "goodnight Pixie." He walked out the door and into the hallway, waiting for Emmica to follow.

Rue smiled at Ivish, "goodnight." She then turned to Emmica and smiled reassuringly "don't worry I'll wait up for you." She pointed to the door "don't keep him waiting, he might eat you." She said grinning before she left heading to her room.