The Peace Maker

Darren smiled and stood a bit strighter, obviously glad that he wasn't going to lose his job just because of a monarchy change.

"Well then, Let's get your things unpacked and give you a tour of your new home. We'll talk about the kingdom and those subjects tomorrow after everyone as gotten settled and has slept." He said before turning to Emmica. "Also, Princess, I'm more than happy to inform you that your room, along with a few guest rooms, have been left untouched by the storage crew that had everything packed and put away for when the castle was used again."

Emmica smiled a bit more at this new information and nodded her head in understanding.

"I'm glad, I was worried that there would be no useable rooms when we arrived." She said as she turned to Ivish. "We shoudl hurry and get everything inside...It'll be safer is we don't stay outside to long." She said, obviously not wanting to have another rebel incident again.

Ivish nodded understanding her rush, he motioned to two of his guards to carry Rue's things and the other two to carry Emmica's. He paid the driver, then picking up his own luggage he followed the council into the castle. He decided that by the time they explored the castle and unpacked, the rest of his guard would arrive.

Rue wished that Ivish let her carry her own things, she didn't like being a burden but she had to admit it was getting heavy. She followed everyone inside, staying close to Ivish. She decided she had to ask a question, "do you have a stable here?" She asked tentatively, her voice so quiet she had to repeat her question before anyone heard.

The Council lead the way into the large enterance hall, Emmica right behind them as she was eager to get into the castle to see it once more. The Hall was large and inviting, though it seemed to have been stripped of any art that might have been hanging. When they entered Emmica turned and looked at Rue, having heard what she asked. She smiled and nodded her head as she spoke.

"Of course Rue, were else would we keep the horses?" She said jokingly. "I assume that is what you'd like to see first?"

Rue smiled, "yes I'd like to see the stables." She looked suddenly nervous "if that's alright." She was incredibly nervous, moved closer to Ivish.

Ivish smiled, of course the stables would be her first choice he thought to himself. She adored horses and Ivish planned to buy her one after he and Emmica had addressed the people. He noticed how nervous she was and put down his luggage so he could put an arm around her, "guards if you will leave the luggage here and go wait for the rest of your fellows" The guards bowed and placed the luggage down gently "yes your highness."

Ivish turned back to Emmica and the council, "lead on to the stables if you please."

Emmica smiled, as did the others. It was hard not to when Rue acted so nervous and cute, it could bring a smile to anyone's face. She turned to the others and looked at them with a knowing grin.

"Well, Why don't we make things easier on everyone then and split up? If I'm correct then you three need to be getting back to work in renstablishing jobs and getting things put back in place. How about I show them the castle and leave you with getting their things to some rooms?" Emmica suggested as she looked between the two parties. "This way They can see the castle and you guys get back to the large amounts of paper work I know that you have."

Richard nodded knowingly as Emmica spoke.

"You are right Princess, we have much work to do in preperation for the new king. It would be more tiem efficent if we did it your way. Darren and I can take the luggage while Abigail goes with you and helps with the tour."

Emmica looked to Ivish quickly. "How does that sound, it'd kill two birds with one stone."

Ivish nodded "yes that's an excellent idea." He let his eyes wander, taking in his new castle. He frowned as he realized his cook was still in Dartith, ah well he'd send a guard to fetch him. If they hurried they'd make it back in time to make dinner, it seemed inconvenient but Ivish paid his men well. He waited for Emmica to lead the way, as he thought.

Rue smiled shyly at the council when who lifted her luggage, "thank you very much." She said quietly and waited for the others to start moving on. She was excited to see the stables and make sure the horses were well taken care of, and to see the rest of the castle.

The men just smiled and yet on their way taking the bags to their rooms while Abigail moved in closer.

"Well, The stables are out back, on our way there we can point out a few other rooms." Abigail said as she turned to lead the way to the horses.

They walked through the castle, passing by room after empty room, the things that once sat in them having been stored away and wrapped up tight, removing any feeling of home that the place once had. Emmica felt a little saddened by this but didn't let it get her down, she was home, back in her comfort zone and with her people once more. She then noticed a door she had been going through for years and quickly turned to them.

"Hey, before we get to the stables, I want to show you something." She said as she pointed to a set of large wooden doors, the where thick and most likely weighed quite a lot.

Ivish studied the castle as they walked, it was bare but very well kept. He liked it here and he was sure Rue would as well, he knew that Emmica must be thrilled to be back. He was so lost in his thoughts he nearly crashed into Emmica when she stopped in front of him, "sorry." He turned to look where she was pointing, "alright what is it?"

Rue couldn't believe how huge the castle was, and it was so lovingly cared for. She did miss her castle and garden but she would be able to go back when ever she wanted, Ivish had promised her that. She decided to try and relax, and when Ivish crashed into Emmica she couldn't help but laugh. She followed Emmica's gaze to the heavy door and wondered what was behind it.

Emmica giggled a bit at the almost crash and walked over to the door happily, motioning for them to follow. She opened the door to reviel the most interesting sight! It was a garden, inside the castle. The roof was nothing but windows, allowing the light to drift in and feed the jungle of plant life that seemed to be taking over the room, if you could see past the large bushes and flowers there would be a wall of glass and a door, leading out to what would be even more garden.

"This is my garden." She said with a large smile on her face, it had been her idea to bring some of it indoors, to that they could plant a little more variaty without worrying about the weather hurting the plants. "And now it is your's as well."

Rue gasped as she caught sight of it, it was gorgeous she walked in and took in the many sights and smells. She noticed a lot of plants she'd never seen before, but she vowed she'd learn about them. She knew that next to the stable, this would be her favorite place here. She turned back to Emmica and grinned up at her, "it's beautiful!"

Ivish grinned, it was fantastic and if it didn't put Rue at ease nothing would. He stepped in a little and admired the many plants, some he'd never seen before. He leaned in closer to inspect a climbing vine, that had a small, delicate, beautiful, bright orange flower. He stared at it in amazement, he couldn't believe it he thought he'd never see one. He quickly turned to face Emmica and pointed to the small vine, "what is this called?"

Emmica smiled at Rue's excitement, she was glad to be able to share this with them. She had a feeling they would miss their old garden and hopped that her's would help them cope, at least a little bit.

"Well I'm gald you think so, there are many new plants in here so feel free to ask questions and look around."

When Ivish spoke to her she turned to him and inspected the flower he was pointing to.

"Ah. That's one of the hybreds we had made. It is called Kissing Vine, since at evening the flowers close and look like kissing lips." She said as she walked over to him.

Rue was already gone form their sight, as she explored deeper into the room. She stopped very now and then to breath in the sweet smells, or feel the softness of the flower petals. She finally felt relaxed, nature always helped calm her down. She found a flower she absolutely loved, it looked like a tulip but it was winter blue. She leaned in to sniff it, and was surprised and delighted to find they smelt like roses. She hurried down to Abagail and motioned for her to follow, she lead her to the flower and looked up at her smiling. "Do you know what this one is called?"

Ivish's face fell a little when she said they'd made it, maybe it wasn't the one he was looking for after all. "When did you make it?" He asked, trying to sound casual. He unconsciously reached out to touch the delicate flowers, taking care not to bruise them.

Abigail smiled and folloed Rue quietly to where the flower was. Her smiled widened as she asked about the flower.

"Well, this is called Parra...It's another one of our hybred flowers, it is also one of the oldest two...I believe we've been growing them for 20 centuries." Abigail said as she explain the flower to Rue.

Emmica caught faulter in his face but didn't say anything, if he really wanted her to know then he would tell her eventually.

"This was made I believe we had it made 30 centuries ago, it is our most recent hybred success I believe." She said, watching him touch the flower lightly and the blossum react by flinching away and closing a bit. "They also happen to be sensitive to touch, they'll close it poked in the wrong place."

Ivish quickly withdrew his hand, "sorry i didn't mean to wreck them." He said sincerely, he had mixed feelings right now. He was happy to have found the right flower, but saddened by the memories it brought to the surface. He stared at the flowers a while longer, a sad smile on his face. He knew he'd be down here with these flowers often. He turned to face Emmica "may we move on now?"

Rue grinned and repeated the name, trying it out. She decided it fit the flower, and leaned in to smell them again. She turned to Abigail, smiling up at her "i love it." She heard Ivish asking to move on, he sounded oddly upset. She'd ask him about it later, she didn't want to embarrass him in front of Emmica and Abigail. She walked back to them, "Emmica i absolutely adore your Parra flowers."

Emmica noticed the sad smiled and quickly nodded her head.

"Of course Ivish, we still have much to see anyway." She said as she then looked to Rue adn Abigail who were not joining them

She smiled at Rue, who happened to seem very exctied about everything in here, she had a feeling this would be where she would find her most of the time.

"I'm glad you do, but I have a feeling that you would adore seeing the stable more right?" She asked giving Rue and knowing look.

Rue nodded, letting Emmica know she had picked up on Ivish's mood. Then she smiled "yes of course, lets go." She glanced at Ivish who seemed lost, "Ivish has to speak to the guards anyway right Ivish?" She said, trying to cover his sudden need to move on. She reached out and took his hand, and lead him back out into the hallway. She waited patiently for Abigail and Emmica to lead on.

Ivish looked up at the sound of his name, "yes... yes that's right. Thank you Rue." He graetfully accepted the excuse she gave him, and looking at the flowers one last time allowed Rue to lead him back into the hallway. He decided he was being to quiet, "i must send one of my guards to fetch my cook from Dartith." He smiled as they walked, "i almost forgot about him."

Emmica smiled and started to lead teh way to the stables again with Adigail, closing the door to the garden as soon as everyone was outside. She started to walk down the hall, a little faster than before, and spoke as she did.

"Welll then we'll have to make the stay at the stables a little quick then so that Ivish cen talk to the guards." She said as they finally reach the other side of the castle and exited another large set of doors. This led them to a large court yard, full of trim grass and neat looking bushes. Off to one side there was a large stable and the sould of horses could be heard from inside.

Ivish shook his head, "actually my guards should already be at the stables." And sure enough as they approached, Ivish's guards could be seen taking care of the horses. He laughed as Rue raced ahead, and followed her slowly.

When the guards spotted him they bowed, Ivish motioned to them to continue and caught up to Rue. "I have to send a guard back with a horse for my cook Rue, which horses are up to it?" He asked her beacuse she had made it personal job to see to the welfare of the horses, and she'd know which horse were rested enough.

Rue grinned and raced ahead of the others, she weaved through the guards patting and speaking to the horses. When Ivish asked her opinion on which horses could make the trip back to Dartith, she was extremely happy and important. She surveyed the horses and settled on two horses that were still full of energy, "Those two there Ivish." She smiled up at him, "they'll need extra work when they get back but i can deal with that."

Ivish smiled and nodded, he turned to Emmica and Abigail "excuse me a moment." Then he headed over to the two horses Rue had mentioned, he fetched a guard and soon he was off and riding leading the second horse behind him. Ivish spoke with a few guards whilst he was at it.

Rue turned to Emmica and Abigail, satisfied the guards had and were taking good care of their mounts. Ddo you have a stable hand here?"

Abigail was the one to answer Rue's question, as Emmica's eyes had absentmindedly followed after Ivish, holding a look of worry from his sudden mood change in the garden.

"Well, We used to have one...But after the news of who the new king would be, many quit their jobs at the castle and looked for other work...It's very unfortunate that a kingdom that preaches acceptance and understanding could act so closed minded! If I were younger I would march out to the village and have a stern talking to them, don't you agree princess?" She said as she turned to look at Emmica, who was still looking after Ivish.

Abigail blinked a bit in surprise before a mischevious smile came to her lips, a knowing glance drifting to Rue as she checked to see if she was right. She then looked back to Emmica and moved a bit closer.

"He's very attractive isn't he, princess?" She asked, obviously trying to get her to say something she could use to tease her.

"Yeah..." Emmica said absentmindedly before she realized what she said and blushed deeply. "W-Wait! What!?"

Abigail only laughed and turned to head off toward the castle, a knowing look on her face.

"Well, princess, I'll be off to check on the two fools you sent off with the luggage, If I know them, they aren't doing their work at all. Also, try not to stare so obviously...you might get caught next time~"

Emmica was left to stand, her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water and a deep blush on her cheeks.

Rue grinned slyly back at Abigail, who had caught on to the spark between Ivish and Emmica. When Abigail tricked her into saying he was attractive, she started laughing so hard tears ran down her cheeks. "See you later Abigail." She called as she headed for the castle, yes she liked her already.

Rue turned to Emmica and wiped the tears from her eyes, still laughing a little. "Sorry Emm, but you have to admit that was funny." She grinned and finally stopped laughing, "She's right you know, if you're going to drool over him make sure he doesn't see it." She glanced at Ivish who was on his way back over, "or show him, but you'll give him a big head." She winked at her and fell silent as Ivish appeared beside them.

Ivish caught sight of the mischievous look on Rue's face, and the blush on Emmica's. He raised and eyebrow, "and what is going on over here?"

Rue smiled and tried to look innocent, "nothing at all Ivish, right Emm?"