The Novelist and The Wild Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinching the bridge of her nose, she shook her head. "Bray-Bray, cooties are not a thing, okay? Mikey is just playing."

"Not uh, Mikey was telling the truth. Cooties make you sick. I dun wanna get sick."

"Mama, cooties are totally real!" Added Mason as he hurried to her side, while nervously peaking over at Braylin with a frown. "A-And he's got them! Not me! Tell him!"

"You both have cooties, eh? Now hush." Scolded Michael.

Braylin eyes widen and he looked up at somewhat-dad, and he whimpered. "I have cooties? Not uh...Not uh! Mason has em! And he tried to kiss me!"

"Of course you don't, I was teasing." He replied, before lifting the other. "Mason, did you try to kiss Braylin? Or is this one big misunderstanding?"

"I did not try to kiss him! Braylin is lying, and he said I was!" Whined Mason, who was nearly on the verge of tears. "It's not fair."

Autumn sighed, and crouches down to her son's level, wiping tears from his eyes. "Come now...Don't you start crying, your a big boy. And Braylin probably misunderstood you. You know Braylin doesn't always understand things at first. Now, why don't you to hug it out, okay?"

Bray didn't let go of Michael's legs, whimpering.

Carefully nudging Braylin from his leg, he offered a hopeful smile all the while. "Come on, hon. You can finish your cinnamon bun after, okay? You'll be fine."

"Do I have to, mama?" He whimpered, sniffling. "He looks mad."

"Yes, you have to." She giggled and gave him a slight nudge to the boy.

Bray sighed and went to hug Mason, blinking a bit.

Reluctantly wrapping his arms around the other, he huffed as he held the hug until noticing a nod from his mother. Awkwardly wandering to his side, he sniffled and headed straight towards his room.

"See, that wasn't so hard, right? Jeez, you two need to be friends!"

Bray huffed, and looked at Michael. "....Friends...Okay, only because you said so."

Lifting the boy up, he offered a chaste kiss to his forehead with a smile. "See? Now, relax. We can go home in a bit, if you want, or maybe go to the park? All I know is that we need to head home eventually."

"I wanna go home, and play with my toys." Mumbled the young boy, as he nuzzled his neck.

"Okay, okay." He sighed, before wandering to Autumn's side with a sigh. "Look, I'll be here for Christmas, don't worry. Just, please try and make ma and pa a little more understanding? Don't let them yell at me or Braylin- especially not Braylin."

"Deal, and you do realize, we aren't gonna be here? His year it ma and pa's house." She grinned. "....I don't think you should tell them you found him in the woods...You should say, that you found out your ex Caroline had a kid, by you, and she is no longer around to take care of em, and know he's yours. Great right?" She grinned.

"No, because that implies that I had a girlfriend named Caroline to begin with, and I'll be blthered with a ton of questions. Look, I'll figure it out. Give me some credit okay?"

Sighing, she shrugged and looked at him. "Alright...You wanna ride home? Its pretty cold out."

"That would be lovely, yes. I don't want Braylin to get sick again. And... um, you'll give us a ride to our parents' house, right? Because thats a hell of a trek."

"Of course silly." She smiled, and tabbed her keys. "Mason come on! I can't leave you home alone, we're dropping uncle Mikey and Bray off."

Bitterly trudging out of his room and shoved his boots on, his annoyance beyond obvious as he stomped his feet. "Fine!"

"Oh come on, Mason." Offered Michael, "Dont worry, okay? We'll be outta your hair."

"....In sorry Mason, for saying you have cooties." Mumbled the boy

"I'm sorry, too... I guess." He replied, before storming past his mother and into their car. "Can we just leave?"

Status
Not open for further replies.