The Novelist and The Wild Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peering down at the boy whilst adjusting his scarf, he nervously fiddled with his gloves before staring off into the woods. "... Would you like to go to the cafe once I finish this? There's someone I like to see, and I think you would too."

Nodding, he looked up at him. "Sure." Bry smiled before moving to cuddle his father.

Swinging the bag of logs over his shoulder and picking up the boy with the other, he couldn't help but be proud of his impressive strength. Hell, he'd been a pretty scrawny kid growing up, but that was one of the pleasures of living alone in the woods, he guessed. "She's real nice, you know. Absolutely stunning, actually."

"....Nice? Do you like his lady?" He asked as he looking at him as he held him tightly. "...I don't like her.." Bray decided he hated the woman. He didn't even meet her, but he didn't like her because she might take his daddy away.

"Oh, hush." He scolded lightly, though it was evident he was teasing. "I m-mean, I don't really like her. She's kind, and thought provoking... Maybe if you get to know her, you won't instantly hate her off the bat."

Looking at him, he jutted out his bottom lip, shaking his head. "Maybe I don't wanna meet her.."

"But why not? Wouldn't you ever want a mommy?" He replied, groaning as he adjusted the weights. "I would think you'd be estatic about it, actually. You could have a mommy, a daddy, and an auntie."

"....I do want a mommy...But...I don't want her tot take you away." He stubbornly grumbles.

"Where the heck would she take me?" He laughed, before groaning once setting the heavy firewood on the floor of his small cabin. "Seriously, she's not going to go off and lock me in some dungeon."

Status
Not open for further replies.