The Novelist and The Wild Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blinking, the young boy nodded looking up to him. "Mikey....girl...was strange..."

"Hm... Yeah, she's a bit of an oddball. But, she's my sister, so she won't hurt you." He reassured, before carefully handing over a blanket. Sitting besides the other, he pulled open his laptop to once again type away. "You might meet another friend soon.'

"No." He answered simply with a growl. "Humans....bad. Dogs good." He mumbled as he looked at the laptop, his eyes getting big. He never seen one before. It was strange

"Am I bad?" He smiled, while glancing over at the other. "I mean, come on. I don't think I'm that bad of a guy, eh? I'm pretty rad. But hey, dogs are cool too."

"....You not bad...." Answered the boy. Three months easily past, and Braylin slowly became a bit more accustomed to the ways of being well...Human. It took him a while to wear anything on his feet. For some reason he really hated things on his feet. August came often, trying to teach him to write, and Bray actually became rather close to Michael. Braylin though could be a bit bad, once stealing some cookies when he wasn't supposed to be eating them, but the two did get along, and they did have a bit of a schedule with each other.

One Sunday afternoon, Braylin was practicing writing his name. He little boy sat at the dinning room table, his brows furrowed as he focused hard on the paper. Looking at his work, he grinned proudly, before running to show Michael. "Mikey! Look!" The child excitedly waved his paper.download (2).png

Looking up from his laptop, that of which was practically glued to his side since his deadline for his story was nearing, he offered a wide smile. "Nice! Good job, buddy. Hey, how about we celebrate your progress by heading down to the coffee shop later? We can snatch you a cookie or two and I'll pick up a coffee. Oh, maybe a cinnamon bun? I know you love those things." He offered, while offering the other to pull a chair. "I've almost finished my book, you know. It's pretty ridiculous on how long this took."

Climbing onto the chair, he blinked, and looked at the laptop, looking at the words. "....Why do you write so much? Is it 'portant?" Asked the boy, as he looked up at he man. "Ne'er mind, let's go get the cinna buns!" Excitedly squealed the boy with a boyish grin.

"Very important." He replied, before getting to his feet to carefully put away the laptop and tug on a coat on both him and the other. He immediately then picked up the other, a habit he did quite often since meeting the boy- even though his foot was practically healed. "Come on the, hm? Grab your allowance, you can buy whatever you want with it.'

Blinking, he hurried up the stairs and ran to his room. Grabbing his piggy bank, that was shaped like a dog, he grabbed his money,, before running back down the steps to Michael. "Okay, ready!" He giggled and reached to be picked up again.

"Okay, good." He replied, before easily lifting the other up before heading out into the windy weather. "Got enough? I don't want you to jip the cashier, they need to pay for college." He teased

"Yup I got 'nough." Mumbled the boy, and he tucked his head on the crook of his head. "Cinna bun~ cinna bun~" The boy happily cooed, as he nuzzled into the man.

Holding him close against the wind, he hummed happily as he moved down the path with a small smile. "Alright, Bray, don't get too worked up. We need to get there first. Maybe we can stop by and see Autumn?" He offered softly.

Blinking, he looked at him, and nodded. "Okay." He mumbled, holding onto him tightly. "....Is Mason gon' be there?" He asked, his cheeks a light red.

"Maybe. Mason might be at school, though." He replied quietly, while peering down at the other. "Why? Are you nervous? I won't let him bully you, you know that right? Because I know that he can be a jerk. I don't want you two getting into a fight again, Autumn nearly punched me."

"We won't fight promise." He smiled up at him, nuzzling his neck. Once they arrived at her house Autumn blinked, and smiled at the two.

"What a pleasant surprise. Hi Bray-Bray. I see Mikey's spoiling you again. You should let him walk by himself, or he's gonna always expect you to carry him." She scolded, opening her door wider so they could come in.

"His leg is still healing." He replied easily, while sipping his coffee easily. "Besides, he's been doing really good lately, if he wants to be carried then fine, I won't stop him. Now hush, will you? You'd do the same for Mason, hm?" He scolded,

"Mason is way too big for that, he's ten. And its been three months since Bray broke his leg." She mumbled, and sat down on her couch, and began to sip her on coffee. "Bray Mason is here. Wanna play with him?" She asked with a smile. "Mason! Bray is down here, come say hi!" She called.

"I'm busy!" Came the somewhat bratty boy, though the boy reluctantly wandered from his bedroom with a frown. "Why- Oh. Um. Hi, Braylin. Now can I go back to my room?"

"Hello, Mason." Greeted Michael, as he set Braylin down carefully. 'How about you two play? I've gotta show Autumn my final draft of my book, okay?"

Braylin looked at Mason with a bit of a grimace, but he obeyed. "...Hi Mason."

"Now Mason, show Bray your room. You guys can play up there. Be nice, I'll bring up some snacks, kay?"

"... Okay, mom." Groaned Mason, before taking Braylin's hand in his and tugging him along- albeit carefully. "Don't break anything."

"Well, they're getting along way better, eh?" Offered Michael, even if the statement was weak. 'I mean, could be worse right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.