The Novelist and The Wild Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bray reluctantly went, looking at the back of Mason's head with a grimace. "....I don't wanna touch anything of yours...."

"Hmm, they aren't they....Mikey...I think your getting attached to Bray. I mean, what happened to giving him to the orphanage?" She whispered, worried.

"So what if the kid's grown on me? Hey, mom and dad always got mad at me because I never wanted kids, right? Well, maybe I could keep 'em? Keep my legacy, eh? Plus, he's adorable. Would you give him up?"

"Well.. I wouldn't because I know I could raise a kid properly. I mean, you're doing great but....If you keep him, you should tell ma and pa....Christmas is in two weeks, and you know they're gonna want you home." She mumbled.

"What, so they can rag on me about my career? Honestly, Autumn, you know that's all they'd do. I highly doubt they actually want some 'good, quality family time' with me. It's fucking stupid... Unless you can convince me that there's some magical benefit for me going, I won't."

"Well....Your a 'father' now. Maybe they'll give you extra cash?" Mumbled the older of the two unsure. Shrugging she sighed and sipped down on her coffee. "Well...if you plan on keeping Braylin, I'll gladly help. Maybe you should enroll him into school soon?"

Meanwhile upstairs, Bray awkwardly stood in the corner of the room, scared the other would hurt him.

"He needs to adjust slowly, okay? Like, maybe a year of just being homeschooled and getting basic skills might be better. I don't want him to wander into a school and freak out, you know?"

"... Braylin, come here." Offered Mason, as he picked up his videogame controller. "Have you ever played some videogames? I know you, like, lived in the woods and stuff with my uncle but come on. I ain't gonna hurt you."

Reactions: ForeverRed
"Alright. I'll help homeschool him. And then after words, he'll go to normal school." She mumbled, and smiled. "I like this....You worrying about him. Its cute."

Looking at the controller, he shook his head no. "....Last time I was here....You punched me...." Mumbled the boy, as he moved to sit by him.

"Oh, shut up." He groaned, before moving to take a seat. "He's a kid, of course I worry about him. I'm not heartless, even thougg you and our parents think so."

"I won't punch you as long as you don't annoy me." The boy grumbled, while handing over the controller. "Look, you move with this button and jump with the other."

"Yeah but...You know you were never good with kids. And now? Your pretty good. I mean. I think you spoil the boy, but you're doing good."

Nodding, Bray looked at Mason, before grimacing. "...Okay...I'm ready to play."

"It's just Mario, so... Yeah, don't touch any of the bad guys, just jump on their head." He replied flatly, while locking his eyes on the TV. "It's not hard."

"Oh, hush. I'm not bad with kids! They just annoyed me, okay? Honestly, I'm an okay guy when I need to be."

"Jump on deir heads...Okay." Mumbled he child before eyeing the boy. "....Do you like me?" Asked Bray with a blink.

"Yeah, sure..." She mumbled with a role of her eyes, smiling.

"W-What? Ugh, of course not!" Stammered Mason, as he nervously tapped at the buttons. "Jeez, I mean. You're not a bad guy, if that's what you mean. You could be worse."

"... Hey, don't roll your eyes at me. If you make that ham with the glaze and stuff, I'll come and bring Braylin- but don't expect to act respectfully. His manners are still a little wonky, and you know that! Hmph.'

"Mikey says when little boys hurt you, that means they like you.....Don't like me...I don't want you to." Said the small child as he played the game.

"Okay, I will, and Bray will be fine...I mean, he's doing a lot better."

"I didn't hurt you that much, don't be such a wussy." He huffed, despite his cheeks going red. "Wow, thanks Braylin. I'm glad to know you hate me that much. Jeez."

"That's not saying much, you know. You can only go up from the absolute rock bottom." He replied, while chugging back the coffee with a sigh. "Honestly, you should be pretty proud of me."

Bray sat the controller down, no longer wanting to play as he turned to look at the older boy. "....I don't hate you. But you can't like me...If you like me you have to kiss me....Kisses are nasty and give you cooties. Mikey said so. His kisses are the only kisses that don't give cooties because he's i'nune." Stated the younger boy proudly.

"I am proud of you. I mean,you made a dog into a human." She teased with a smile. "So, is he still barking at people he doesn't like?"

"L-Like heck am I going to kiss you!" Squeaked the ten year old, as he got to his feet quickly to stomp his feet in frustration. "A-And even if that was the case, I d-don't have cooties!"

"... He still barks at the occasional bird or fox, but nothing too bad. It's not destructive, and he knows how to act now. It's a good improvement."

"You do so have cooties! Don't lie!" Yelled Bray as he stood with his hands on his hips growling. "Mikey said liars don't get gifts. Santa isn't gon' get you anything if you lie."

"Well...Hopefully by the time you enroll him, all that barking will stop. You don't want kids to bully him" she mumbled before she heard the raised voices of kids. "....We should go check on them."

"Santa will so get me presents!" He growled, his own hands on his hips as he tapped his foot impatiently. "And I bet they'll be really nice presents, a-and I'll laugh in your face!"

"Okay, okay, stop it will you?" Came Michael as he wandered into the two, his brow raised. "Stop fighting, it's not good- Santa won't get either of you presents if you do."

"Mikey..." Whimpered Bray as he went to hug his legs. "Tell Mason that he does has cooties."

"Cooties?...Michael?" Autumn growled, arching her brow. "This is what your teaching him?"

Offering an innocent shrug, Michael tried to smile it off as he held his sort-of son's hand tight. "Yep, why not? Cooties are a thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.