The Monsters Inside Us

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Take her from you? Why would I do that?" She questioned the half-naked woman standing in the rain. It took her a moment to realize she was almost in such a state. She felt sorry for the woman. She seemed delusional. Coming to that realization made her chuckle slightly to herself. Maybe this woman just needed to see the truth. She walked towards her, confidently, calmly.

"Here, look into my eyes, and tell me what you see. Do you see someone who would take that lovely little girl from you?"

Rounding the corner, york spotted a security room, and then a bright light seemed to block out everything, before he woke up... Realizing that he fell asleep in his car, he remembered why he was here... "I still haven't found the answers I was looking for... I can only remember bits and pieces of escaping the lab... But I do remember I haven't found a clear answer to why they made me this... Monster... I'll find out soon enough..." He approached the lab... Then he spotted the others, approaching slowly, unsure if they would reject him.... He wondered what they were doing here...

Last edited:
Sophie retreated. "No. She's my child. No one can take her. Not you. Not my friend." Sophie hugged the little girl more, burying her face in the girl's shoulder and humming a lullaby.

Sophie's eyes snapped back to the other girl. Something's off. Something's really off. Sophie carefully transferred the little girl to her back. She slid a hand into her top and pulled out a butterfly knife, dexterously opening it. "You shall not take my child."

York realized the situation he's currently approaching might get out of hand fast... "Let it play out... They're not your problem.." Part of him said... But he ignored it... "Well, it's my problem now!" And with that last thought, he stepped in front of the girl holding the knife. "Stop! She's not here to hurt anyone!" He yelled "I know you don't believe me, but hear me out; if she wanted to take her from you, she would have tried to do it by now... It's your choice what you want to do.. But please.. trust us.... Ok?" His eyes had a pleading look in them as he stood there, desperately trying to stop what might occur right now....

Last edited:
Sophie stopped in mid-flick of the gleaming balisong in her hand. A guy? Sophie looked at him closely. Nothing about him seemed dangerous at the moment. She just wondered if he and the girl knew each other. This kind of action, this...protective position. Only love creates that, right?

Sophie smiled. "You're a kind person." She decided. She kept the butterfly knife back in her top and said, "I'm sorry if I attempted to hurt your loved one. I thought she would hurt mine."

york blushed a little "It's quite alright, but before any conclusions are made... I really don't know any of you all that well, but... I guess I just can't help but jump in when something bad might happen..." "It didn't come out quite right, but hopefully I got the point across" York thought to himself... He wasn't really the best at socializing, it's rare he really had a conversation with someone... "That was pathetic" Part of him said... He tried to ignore it

The knife flickered out, and the sharp blade gleamed in Samantha's eyes. Her eyes widened and she took several rapid steps back. "There's no need for that," she said, eyes fixated on the blade. She watched as a man came between her and the blade. Such a wicked blade. She watched as he spoke a few things, and the woman put her blade away. "Thank you so much sir! I have no idea what this woman was planning to do to me!"

Alan watched from his place in the treetops. The first woman had picked up the little girl, a car went by somewhere, another person was here talking to the first woman. Then the woman pulled out a knife and a boy came out of nowhere and stood in front of her. Things were unfolding very quickly.

Not here to spectate, Alan. Let's get a move on.

Alan leapt from tree to tree now, fairly quickly as he made his way toward the laboratory. Out of trees, he hit the ground running, roughly a hundred or so yards past the group forming on the road. He entered the facility by breaking through the broken automatic doors. Now, to find out what happened to him.

Reactions: RaccoonKing
"Haha.~ Squeal for me~!"
The voice sung as she cartwheeled around the burning bodies and those who had had an arm torn of writhed in pain below her, bleeding out slowly as the sweet cries of pain escaped their breathless lips. To be honest, it surprised her just how often this had happened. She would finally awaken, but enjoy this situation she was in. Love the sounds they made as they slowly died. She could feel the life just.. slip from their mouths as their last breath exited. It excited her. So much. Shivers were sent up her spine as she basked in the blood, making blood angels. Yet, she knew two main things in life:
1. Her name was Alexandria Morteni Kir.
2.She could never get enough of seeing the weak pass by her hands.

Was this demon inside of her taunting her, making her body tremble at the feeling of the power she had? Haha, you wish, don't you? Her inner voice sung as she stood up now, her surroundings were finally quiet. They were... silent. "Awe... I missed it." She said before sighing and looking up to the hole in the old warehouse. The rain made a large portion of the roof held a waterfall like opening for water. Slowly, the blood soaked female walked over to it, dipping her head under and then lifting her head up and closing her eyes as she rinsed the blood from her body.

What am I..?
What... was I before I was this..?
Did... I have anyone that cared about me before all of this?

Alexandria's eyes soon opened, a light blue hue with a darker blue around her pupil. "I need to know.." She finally murmured and looked down to her corset, no longer tainted with the blood, her jeans either. Her heels were in the corner, waiting for her. As she made it to the door, she picked them up and left, going to the only place she knew of.

"Oh, welcome home, Alexandria.~ How we've missed you!" She mocked the falsity of a family aloud, chuckling to herself as she roamed the halls and looked around. "What room was I in again? The one splattered with blood, right?" She said and began to look around at all the different rooms that were splattered with blood. Great... Time to head to the office. The female said to herself before hearing her inner chuckle. You should know this place, right? It IS you're home. It said, tauntingly. She ignored her inner and closed her eyes. Yet, soon she heard murmuring around the corner. Tiptoeing, she tilted her head around the corner and blinked slightly at the scene before her.

Sophie tilted her head in confusion. Behind her, the little girl seemed quite content. What the boy said didn't make sense. Protecting someone you don't know? Or maybe he's following her. "I followed my friend for quite some time before my friend realized I exist. It'll go well." She said with an encouraging nod. "Just don't give up."

She turned to the building. "I have something to do in there, but it doesn't feel safe so I'll protect my daughter. What will you two be doing?"

The building was quite occupied with people. Such a strange occurrence, all these people in this abandoned secret research station. He crept along the shadows of the outskirts of the area, out of sight, out of the way. The door he'd escaped from was along the side. He'd have to reach that to get in. If he could find the door, he could find what he was looking for. He looked back across the wooded area. There were no lights coming from that area, which meant that his motorcycle hadn't been spotted yet.

His motorcycle (His in the sense that the old owner was dead) was parked a little ways off, pushed into the woods, out by the main road. There was risk in it, but there was also the requirement of stealth. He knew the bodies wouldn't be quick to be found, and once they were found, they'd have to be identified. It would be a decent amount of time before he had to worry about the bike's plates being traced. Still, he looked back again. He'd always been cautious, and his caution served him well in this case.

He couldn't make out all of what was being said, something about protecting a daughter. He ignored them but prepped his body to spring wires should the need arise. As he walked, he heard the sound of leaves and branches shaking and happened to catch sight of another form flitting through the trees. The lab was far too busy for conventional reasons. He began to ponder as he made his way through. He didn't expect he was the only one. In an experiment, many were needed for proper results. He expected the others were like him. Given powers of some sort or another.

What he didn't understand however, was why everyone had shown up that night precisely. It was an incredibly unusual circumstance from any perspective one looked at. The only thing that he could think of was that perhaps something in the hardwiring, something during the experiments had been calling them to arrive on the same day. He didn't know for sure though, and he didn't feel like he was being controlled, but that didn't mean that he wasn't. Anything was possible.

The Surgeon moved to the outer edge of the building, near the back and slipped through the doors. The inside wasn't any better than he remembered it being. In fact, it certainly smelled a lot worse. A bit of time had passed and the building was rotting out in a few places. That wasn't his concern though. He needed to find his old room. That would be the best place to hunt for information.

"That's what I came here for strange enough... This building's been plaguing my dreams for too long, I need to find the answers that have been gnawing at me for ages.. as for the other girl... Well... I'm not sure, it's up to her, not me... I really don't know her all that well..." York looked at the lab again, it seemed so familiar, yet... Foreboding.... He looked back at Sophie "Wait... Do you happen to have been brought there too?"

Last edited:
Sophie's eyebrows met and she thought about whether to tell the stranger or not. He seemed harmless, someone who protects, just like she does. Sophie figured he could be alright. "I've been having nightmares about this place. I recognize it well. I'm not so sure about this child though." She smiled at the girl on her back. "But she has special talents. And I might have them too."

Apparently, Sophie never noticed that her new capacities are actually mutations. To her, she was motivated by her love for her friend. Because of that love, she could do anything. She could be shot thrice and not feel pain. She could be splashed boiling water at and be fine. All because of love.

Then it only came to her at that moment. Her friend was long gone. Her friend wanted to die, tried to commit suicide. Sophie delivered that death her friend wanted.

She looked terrified for one moment, but remembered the little girl on her back. There's one she could love and live for. She can still survive.

"I just really want to know why I keep seeing this place in my sleep." Sophie said, looking up to the building. "And why I like...well, I discovered a new interest."

"I wonder if that's something we all have in common... It seems you're not the only one having nightmares about that place. I guess moving as a group to explore it would prove to be more effective.. Something about that lab... Sends chills down my spine..." York's dreams didn't exactly help the sense of dread the lab in front of him brought.... Good thing he has weapons with him this time around....

The nightmares had begun for him ever since his escape... His life was easier when he avoided others most of the time... But he did tend to do his occasional "community service" when he sees people in trouble... Today... He'll find out just what happened to him in there and why...

Last edited:
Seth was sitting in a desk, smoking a cigar he found that was still good. He heard the people come in. People he saw from the road perhaps? It didn't matter to Seth, He would kill them all anyway. He looked into the files in the desk, stuffed some cash into his pocket, grabbed some info from dead scientists that he could use as fake I.D.s later. He saw Olaf in the corner of his eye again, whatever, hallucinations aren't anything new. Seth saw a couple of silhouettes pass up and down the hallway. At least one of them was real, a woman. Rape, Scalp, break left leg and arm, hang from rafter. Seth's murderous cogs turned in his head as the silhouette passed. However, by the sound of it there were at least 3, if not 5 others inside, maybe more. Again, not his concern. If they were like him, they might even kill each other before he does. Seth doesn't mind the thought, it would save him the work. Damn, was this a good cigar.

"Well, if we all came out here to do the same thing, why do we stand out here in the rain? No one is dancing." Sam asked curious, as she looked at the others. "Come now, we should go and find the truth. The truth is all that matters, correct?" She turned to begin walking into the building, but stopped and looked back at York. She met his eyes and smiled, "Are you not coming?" She giigled before turning back around and continueing into the old building. She sat in the front hall, and waited for the others to join her.

Alan was rummaging around in one of the offices, when he heard someone exhale. There were already people in the building. Shard-spikes ejected from his wrists and he held them like throwing knives, prepared to toss one into the face of a threat. No one was nearby, though.

He began to wonder why everyone of these people decided to come here at this exact time on this exact night. Peculiar, but he couldn't worry about it now.

It was back. He could feel it standing behind him, staring at him with it's hollow eye sockets. It never made noise, and he could never see it full on, but he knew it had no eyes and no mouth. It didn't have a smell either. The only thing that alerts him to it's presence is the cold wave of animalistic fear that one can feel when being stared in a hostile manner by something one is powerless against. He sighed. They'd been through this before.

"Go away."

"..."

"Go. Away."

"..."

"GO. AWAY."

"..."

"I SAID GO AWAY!"

He yelled the last line, not caring whether someone heard him or not. It seemed to have gotten the message, as the cold grip of imminent death released and the creature faded away. Alan expected it would not be the last he'd see of it.

Reactions: Banana-senpai
York promptly snapped out of his train of thought and quickly started to follow, blushing a little. He looked back at the others after he was through the entrance... "Are they coming?" He wondered silently to himself... He feels like he's being watched... He shifted nervously, a feeling of oppression growing within him, he looked at his surroundings and then to Sam again "I feel like we're being watched... Is it just my imagination?"

Samantha smiled and looked York straight in the eye. "Aren't we all being watched? I am watching you, and you are watching me, so certainly we are being watched." She giggled. "Now, why don't you tell me more about those dreams, hm?" She smiled as she slid her hand over his arm up to his shoulder where it rested as she gazed into his eyes.

York blushed a bit more noticeably "Well... Ok..." York said uncertainly. Though he didn't see the harm of telling her about his dreams... He figured she wasn't exactly normal either... "I always dream of being strapped down in this lab somewhere... Waking up in an seemingly endless state of rage... My body... Changes into this... Demon... Unable to control or prevent what I was doing... I always wake up right after I escape the room after I.. Transformed... " There was more to his dreams than just that one he talked about... "Why did I do that anyways?" He asked himself..

Status
Not open for further replies.