The Monsters Inside Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
" So odd. I have such similar dreams. Dreams of the table, and the straps, and the men. The mean, nasty men. So very odd." Sam seemed aloof for a moment. Lost in her thoughts. Suddenly York began seeing small specks of color at the edges of his vision. Simply floating and spinning in the air, and with them a soft voice. A voice that sounded as if he were not hearing it, but more thinking it. A voice not quite is own. "This one is cute." The voice and the dancing lights went as quickly as they came. 'There is something you are not telling me, isn't there? Not a lie/ No, just a part of the truth." Sam spoke quietly, "I am very good and finding truths." She nodded her head as if agreeing with herself. She did not seem aware of what had just happened within York's mind almost as if were an instinct, or natural to take a peek into his mind. As if it happened without her consent.

"Those are... Things I'd rather not remember...." York said nervously... "You're such a wimp York..." Spoke that dreaded voice in his head again... York continued to ignore it... Like he's been doing for all those years.. He bit his lip, conflicted whether or not he should talk about his past...

Last edited:
"I understand. There are many things I do not like to talk about as well." A slight frown came over her lips as she looked down in a gaze of remembrance and her hand fell from York's shoulder. "Anyway, it isn't like you can't tell em later, right?" She perked up. She was ever so curious about what secrets he was holding from her, but she knew not to push too hard, or she might lose them, and York, forever. As she had with many of those who told her secrets before. "Anyway, I do not believe you have told me your name yet. I am called Samantha." She reached her delicate hand out to him.

"My name's york..." He said nervously he took her hand awkwardly... He's never had much in the way of physical contact with others... Most of them avoided him entirely....

Last edited:
She hummed in appreciation when Sophie pulled her up. She ignored everyone else and giggled when the rain finally cleaned up her hair. She giggled from Sophie's position and smiled.

"Hello!" she called out at the others who were moving away. "My name is Rosie---Posie!" She frowned, why did she make her say her name.

She hugged Sophie from behind tighter. She was being really mean lately. Really mean. Looking back at the strange strangers, she poked Sophie's left cheek. "They're calling you, Sophie! Mummy Sophie..." she tested that name and smiled. Seemed right.

...seemed perfect...

She looked alert and blinked. It was him. Him.

She looked at the building entrance in slight worry. She usual placed him to sleep, but at Home--here--he was always nearly awake.

He made better dolls than them. And it sucked.

Perfect little dolls. Like Auntie and the other girls. Perfect pretty dolls.

...are we making more pretty dolls?

They really hated that he was better.

"Sophie." she whispered. "I'm scared." she told her new mummy.

"We have to go inside." she instructed. "If we don't go inside..." she stopped to think.

Oh. Right.

"...he'll get really angry."

She smiled at Sophie, ignoring him. He always took their fun.

"Let's go inside! I want to remember the dolls I always make! Let's go, Mummy Sophie!"

"Let's go." There were really pretty dolls inside.

He can feel it.

Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
"I can hear a few people inside." Sophie said simply. As the other two got along, she smiled. Love is beautiful, specially if it was returned. "Don't worry, Rosie-Posie sweetie. Mommy will protect you." She said proudly. Oh if her friend saw her now.

Oh. If her friend saw her now...

She walked in, patting the boy and the girl once on the shoulder and walking in. She had a pang of deja vu almost immediately. "Have you been here before?"

Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Her eyes closed, leaving dark lashes against pale cheeks as lips parted to form a gentle sigh. "How boring~" She muttered as she placed her hands to the ground, pulling herself to her feet as she shook her head, letting some of the water fall from her hair. Having listened to the conversation for a while she had found out that they spoke of nothing that was remotely interesting to her. So, she had long since decided to escape this scene and to her real destination of that dreaded lab. Excitement bubbled up within her as she brushed herself off, a large grin slipping onto her lips as she began to leave the shadows of the tree.

Walking down along that path once more, Sera was entranced by the fact she was once again humming a gentle tune. Such a strange habit it was. Sera had a gentle appearance, her voice itself was soft and quiet and the social mask she wore was similar. However, in truth she was intoxicated by the sight of her work and the feeling of accomplishment she felt after, a trait that seemingly destroyed her ability to sing such a happy song. Her arms were linked by the sudden interlocking of her fingers, one by one they locked onto each other before she let her arms sway slightly.

"And I'm here..."

Her voice was but a delicate whisper as it passed her lips, eyes staring up at the building she so deeply loathed as she took a deep breath. "Time to find out why I'm not dead hm?~" She questioned herself before shrugging, heading towards the entrance. There was no point in sneaking in or trying to find a secretive entrance since she was much more comfortable with just walking in. By her own beliefs there was no one in there. Of course, she was wrong but she had yet to find that out.

Entering the building, the soft taps of her heels following, she went in search of the office or some type of library. "I hate going into building without maps." She hissed, eye twitching in anger as she pushed open another door only to find another blood stained room. She knew this wasn't her previous room. Rolling her eyes she closed the door before continuing her search. "So I'm not the only one they got huh?" She asked to no one in particular before turning to another door, only to see a similar state that the previous one.

One second later and a hand was pressed against the wall, a vulgar sound following as her skin wept the acidic substance that began to corrode the wall. She was rarely angry but her lack of control in this situation was infuriating and her ignorance to the aim behind this whole thing was only serving to increase the anger swelling up within her. For a few moments longer she kept her hand upon the wall before retracting it, stopping the whole process before she stormed down the hall, searching for a room that would actually give her something to work with.​

She frowned at that question. Yes.

"Yes." she repeats obediently. They really don't remember, but if he says they have, then they have. "I remember pain though." she states to Sophie as they walk inside. "Lots and lots."

Nostalgia fills her as she sees a seemingly strange doll on the floor. "That's a doll!" she cried joyfully. He chuckles and she giggles as he made it stand strangely.

It's head rolled on the floor and she held Sophie's shoulders in excitement. The doll chased after it's head and she squealed in joy.

He made the dolls move so strangely sometimes. It was funny. Really funny.

"Did you live here too, Sophie?"

She frowned at the question. Why didn't they ever see her before?

Alexandria looked to the side, noticing how the years had passed and ruined the building from every angle. Moss, dust, rust, blood, and bits and pieces of trash here and there. Probably from a homeless man or woman looking for refuge from the harm within the night. The thoughts that ran through her mind weren't entirely explainable through words. Death, release, freedom and more death was all that could come to mind. Her mind blacked out nearly everything-- all but the important parts of escaping.

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes for just a moment and then reopened them to place her heels back on. Alright. I got this.. She thought to herself and swallowed hard. Every day, it got harder and harder to ease the bloodlust and the constant hatred of everyone and everything. Never being able to keep her heart set on one thing-- one person.

Reflecting back, had she pushed everyone and everything away?
What had she become but a monster itself? She shook her head quickly and felt the warmth of her mistress behind her. Chuckling at her thoughts, actions and life. She was puny compared to her. Her power, her capabilities. She was nothing... How could she be so... hopeful in a world where nothing would go accordingly?

A quick shake of her head to get these plaguing thoughts from her mind, her heart. She found herself beginning to walk forward and down the hall, walking quickly but softly so that the female's heels did not make too much sound. She wasn't sure how she would deal with people just yet. Whether her blood lust would take over, or would she find herself being dominated for once-- finding someone who could match her and quite possibly take advantage of her, find her weakness.
I'd like to see that... Your head upon a platter... The being behind her muttered as she walked forward.

If I were dead, who would you chase after? You're a piece of me. My mind. My essence. WIthout me... You aren't anything but a thought. A memory. She stated back, before her gaze turned towards the office. Her skin rose slightly, feeling the cool breeze of an open window upon her moist clothing. Then, her eyes focused in on another being. No, not today. She thought to herself. Bowing slightly and continuing on forward. You know how you get when you're around people. Blood, suffering and a beautiful soul escapes the vessel. You can control yourself. Calm down. She said and continued walking down the hall, closing her eyes for a moment trying to remember her cell. This place was not entirely in her memories, merely fragments of things that she knew she needed to know.

Sam was glad the others had finally showed up. She could finally begin her journey for the truth. She smiled at the woman and the little girl and watched them as they entered. She turned back to York, "Well nice to meet you York." She released his hand and gasped in in terror when she saw the thing get up and chase after its own head. " What the fucking hell! Do you all see that?!" Her eyes wide with terror she backed away as far she could from the creature. it terrified her. She was almost certain that it was real, that it was actually there. She had seen many odd things before, but this time it scared her. "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it kill it kill it kill it!" She shrieked at the top of her lungs.

York drew his gun from his jacket, looking around "Where? I don't think I see it..." York looked a little worried now... Perhaps the lab wasn't fully abandoned....

Alan was slightly startled to hear a woman's shrieking about the subject of killing something. Who are these people? He removed his socks and shoes and began padding silently along the corridors, following the group, observing from a distance around corners. It sent a rush of hatred through him, to know he wasn't the only one they had devastated as an experiment. It was pure cruelty what they had done to him. But they had paid for ruining his life with their own, and so no anger could be held against them in particular. Why couldn't they have just let him die like he was supposed to? Alan's reasoning was because humanity. A stupid, nonsensical reasoning, but it was better than nothing.

Sophie was happy to hear Rosie enjoying herself. "Aren't you a talented child! Put the doll down now, though. It's bloody and will make a mess." Mothers are supposed to say things like those aren't they? She wasn't the least bit bothered that the girl had freaked out and was screaming. That would mean the man must protect her. Oh, love is beautiful! Sophie would have done the same thing for her friend. But her friend was foolish. Selfish. She hated her friend for that. And loved her friend all the same. She was unsure of where her thoughts were going until Rosie asked, "Did you live here too, Sophie?"

Only the child didn't feel like Rosie. Sophie didn't mind. "I don't recall much, just that I've seen this place before." She wouldn't tell the child about the pain, the killing, no. Those things are not for children to know.

She turned to face the young man and the girl but to her surprise, He was wielding a gun. Startled, she pulled out and flicked open her butterfly knife again. "
What are you doing!" She yelled to him. "Put that away!"

"Sorry... I'm a little jumpy... I guess the dead bodies walking around aren't things that'll hurt us at the moment..." york replied, putting his gun away again... "Gotta keep myself under control" He thought to himself... He looked around the area one last time... just to make sure nothing's lurking around...

Last edited:
She pouted at being told to put their doll away. "Okay..." she mumbled and watched as the doll put it's head back on and it saluted before crumpling to the ground, unmoving. They all giggled. Dolls were so much fun. The best toy their is.

"Can I play again later, Mummy?" she asked, looking longingly at the crumpled doll, icky things oozing out of it. It's head is broken. It was so much fun too... "But not with this one. It's head is broken."

She smiled brilliantly and frowned when the man behind them held a gun. They screeched!

"Bad man!" she yelled. "Bad BAD MAN!"

It was bad men with guns who took them from their mansion with all her pretty dolls and her prettiest auntie doll! It was bad men with weird guns who hurt them at Home.

Bad Men always had guns.

...just like papa.

He pulled a doll from outside and the one on the floor to corner the bad man. She let him, because bad, bad men always hurt when they have guns. That's what her Auntie told them.

"Sophie, will the bad man hurt us?" she asked, their eyes wide with fear. "I don't want to get hurt."

"He will not hurt you, sweetie." Sophie said, glaring at the boy. "I won't forgive anyone who does."

Not even my friend.

She walked to him, stopping when they're face to face. "You will not pull that out unless you're in absolute danger when there's a child present. Or I will kill you." She said, her tone calm and quiet, her face serious. "Children mustn't see guns."

She turned again away from the other two. "It'll be alright now honey. There's no bad men that will hurt my baby." She said soothingly. "Let's go further in, okay? You can bring dolls that you like, but do pick clean ones."

Come to think of it, she's calling dead bodies dolls. Sophie thought. Well, if she likes to play with them...that's okay. Sophie looked at the doll Rosie dropped. She came closer.

She stench of death was so strong, but Sophie was at home with that. Sophie looked at the dried blood around and the degree of the bloated-ness of the corpse. Perhaps they were all quite exposed to death as others would be barfing at the stench at this point, not to mention the sight of all the corpses. The rain made it murky and worse. "This was dead for quite a while." She said. "But not too long."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Those are not dolls! Those are dead bodies!" Sam continued to yell, "How thew hell are you making fucking corpses move!" She backed away from the little girl. She had seen many thoroughly disturbing things, but she could at least discern the real from her imagination based on the reactions of those around her, but this thing was really here! Bodies standing up and moving! She started to breath rapidly. The world around her began shifting, warping and twisting. The walls moved in, pushing her towards the dead bodies. The piles of dead bodies that shot straight into the sky in infinite piles. Everyone else was no animated corpses. Corpses walking, talking. Horrifying. Bodies from the piles began to stand up and walk towards her. Her eyes the size of half dollar coins, she ran from them. Ran as fast as she could, smashing into York's shoulder before running past him. Deeper into the facility. She continued running as the bodies followed her. She ran faster, and faster trying to get away. She passed many twists and turns. Halls and and doors. She made a quick turn into one of the many doors, and the bodies no longer followed her. She was no lost deep within the building. She had no idea where she was any more.

"Are you people quite finished?" Seth said walking out of the shadows wearing a bloody lab coat. "You are all a bunch of blathering idiots, whining about dreams and screaming at your hallucinations, bah," Seth said taking a drag on the cigar. "I've read your dossiers, and I'm a bit disappointed that they included me in this list, perhaps I was an extreme variable" Seth said throwing the dossiers neatly onto the ground. "I still can't find any files on the experiment however, there seems to have been a purge"
Seth watched as one of the women ran from the scene because someone started chasing her. At least someone had the balls to start killing.

Last edited:
Sophie watched as the girl panicked and ran away. She checked Rosie and shrugged. "They're whatever Rosie says. But they've been dead a month already." She stared at the headless body. "The skin...the head was ripped off, apparently. This isn't a human's work." Sophie was getting fascinated for some odd reason. Since when had she known this much about corpses?

Since she started leaving some?

"And who are you supposed to be?" Sophie snapped at the other man who came who sounded rather cross. She's never good with short tempered people like her friend. They have a tendency to lash out at people and things that are not involved.

"Whatever this place is," Sophie continued, mostly to herself. Perhaps a little to the other two, but not to the child. This isn't for children. "It's been held in high security and is probably so secret that it's illegal. No one has cleaned it up at all." She followed the blood trails. They went everywhere. "This is kind of bestial."

Like what I do.

York nodded at what Sophie said "I wont.." He said, a little embarrassed. "Why do you listen to them? They're insignificant!" Whispered the voice in his head again.. york just ignored in. Then the zombie-like thing walked towards him.. He jumped a little... Looking at the others nervously... Then he noticed it was moving like the doll the boy on Sophie's back was moving... "He must me... Controlling it..." He thought sighing a little... "Hopefully he isn't gonna try anything on me... I'd rather not transform.." He thought... Trying to suppress his urge to take out his gun again... "Why isn't that girl with them as freaked out about that walking corpse?" He wondered... That corpse walking towards him was giving him the creeps...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.