The Mercy of Inhalla - Dragon Riders of Partheus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Azula ~ NO BIGGIE! I just wanted to be sure. ^^

@girlabot ~ Sure thing! I'm sure we can cook something up. YES! WHITE ALBINO FLAMES! *fist pump*

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Alright so I have to change the healing that Ihana has... Oh! Got it! Will edit that in at the same time as I change her home city.

Also will be posting my dragon soon, sorry for the delay.

You're good, @Ananfal ~

I haven't even started on Theo yet. T_T So....much........to do.....

I'm postponing the development of Aki and Mauras' char sheets until after Theo is done. ^^

Just need the dragon info and my character's history and I'm ready for round one.

First, where's your dragon? Or are you still working on it?

NOW, on to the hard part.

HERE'S where my problems lie.

1. Strength and speed (when it comes to body) is not a personality trait and should instead be put in his strengths.
  2. HORSE - no. I already stated in my last post that horses are rare and only seen beneath the super rich families.
  3. He is NOT a master archer. It takes a lot longer than the few years he had been training...I mean at most, he's been training for 10 years, right? No way he's a master.
  4. Wait, I though he wasn't skilled in Melee....oh, melee weapons...but he can still do hand-to-hand. No, I don't think he should be THAT good.
  5. Despite the fact that your character's personality doesn't condone hunting, he hunts for animals and kills them? WHAT ABOUT THE BABIES?!
  6. Is his Sonic Arrow magical?? I don't get it.
  7. If you could, explain your strengths and weaknesses. Give me sentences, not just a couple of words. While we're on the subject, your character is over-powerful. Balance him out with a couple more weaknesses, or make his weaknesses a little more significant. PLAY ON HIS PERSONALITY. Especially since he's going to go to war...>.>
  8. Uhm...about the dragons...when did he talk about them? And why did it not make his parents shake in their boots? THE TARJAN ARMY KNOWS ALL, MWAHAHAHAHA. No, I'm kidding...he could have spoken between towns, but keep in mind that he would have been told it could get him killed.
Okay, I think that's it. Just keep in mind that weaknesses in every character are going to be played on, and you'll be expected to remain true to char. He can't all of a sudden become a badass. Also, sorry it's a bit out of order...I wrote my notes as I saw the problems.
OKAY...that's it. XD
Oh boy 0.0 I messed up a lot....

Well first, I'm still working on my dragon, decided to work on my rider first.

1. I wasn't meaning it physically, it was more his strong will/stubbornness.

2. Oops, didn't see that, I'll take that out.

3. I was actually rethinking that, I'll change it to expert if that's ok?

4. Ok, how bout hes just good at disarming?

5. He only hunts if he has to. Also that was before the Chimera thing. Now he avoids it.

6. Yes, Vibration magic. Its one he'll learn after getting his dragon ect.

7. I'll work on it XD

8. He heard about them from travelers, mainly old men that had nothing to lose. He only spoke to his parents about them, and they strongly disapproved. Hes aware talking of dragons could get him in deep doo doo lol.

Mowkieeee, can you go over this for me dear?

281d3k2.jpg

✥Haern Fireheart✥
"Whisperer of Flames"
dddimr.jpg

✥Age✥

✥Hometown✥
Rural Lortania

✥Occupation✥
Entertainer/Fire whisperer

✥Personality✥
Sincere, hard working, honest, brave, and proud

Haern has long been a man of his word and a man of honor. He's never had much, but he's always had his word and for that, he values it very highly. A gentle soul, awkward and a bit strange, he's kind to anyone who until they prove they deserve otherwise. For those he has a dislike or a disrespect for, it's a different story. Haern isn't a pig or rude by any means, but he certainly won't let snobby guards or crook shopkeeps who charge a pretty penny for low-quality wares off easily, at least not without a few choice words and perhaps a bit of a prank to knock them down a peg.

He stands up for what he believes in and despite having had his hopes and dreams crushed on one occasion or another, he's always been an optimist. Haern travels Kabola with hope in his heart, a lightness about him, and most of all: an itch for adventure. He isn't afraid to stop and smell the flowers or spend time playing with the local children in the streets while their parents work the days away.

He never asks for more than he needs, rarely desires what he doesn't already have, and enjoys a simple existence where he can embrace his deepest passion and fascination: fire whispering.

‡Open/Translucent‡
All his life, Haern has treasured the simplistic pleasure that comes from being up front with people. He's traveled far and wide, met thousands of people, seen millions of faces, and the one thing he's found changes the game in all these encounters is universal openness about who he is. He firmly believes that the world is filled with too much lying and too many crooks. He's learned throughout his life that several things make for a smooth sail across the open seas that are life and one of the most important is being open with any you may pass.

‡Hard Working‡
Growing up on a farm does wonders for a man's work ethic. Haern may have left the farm behind in his youth but he never lost his affinity for earning his worth. He's long believed that he needs to earn his keep, no matter where he goes and while he typically makes a living with his fire magicks, he's not above paying his due in sweat when the time comes. He never complains about it, but also isn't one to do the work of others who could very well do it themselves.

‡Honest/Sincere‡
Haern wasn't always an honest man. No, he was once a lying, scheming teenager with an affinity for trouble. It wasn't until he met his future wife, Khali, that he was made to change his ways and become the honest, moral man that he is today. It was through her love and his devotion to her that he came to know a life of honesty and all the bounty that came with it.

‡Brave‡
Much like he wan't always an honest man, he wasn't always a brave man. However, it wasn't his wife that brought about this change in him, rather it was the loss of his mother. When a young man loses his mother at the age of 14, like Haern did, that young man will quickly find himself in an orphanage or a barracks if he doesn't quickly make a way for himself. It takes great bravery and a great change in character to stay out of trouble the way Haern did, and that bravery stuck with him throughout the rest of his life as he ventured out into the open world to find his way.

‡Proud‡
When a man has little to nothing to his name, that man may quickly fall into a place of self defeat and low confidence. Haern didn't follow that path, however. Instead, he took what little he was given by his life and held it dear and near to his heart, walking with pride in what he did have, never looking at or longing for the things he may have wanted or needed in a different life. He takes pride in his independence, he takes pride in his past, he takes pride in his passions, and few could ever take that away from him.

dddimr.jpg

✥History✥
‡ Born in the outskirts of rural Lortania, Haern was a commoner by any standards. He lived on a farm with his single mother, never knowing who his father was. He was raised to work hard, caring for the vegetable gardens and the hens from the tender age of 4 and growing into a stronger young man every day.

Growing up the son of a poor farming woman, Haern learned very quickly that hard work and a positive attitude were the only things that could get him anywhere in life. He grew up with a respect for labor and more so for any small bit of earnings that came into his possession. The land was his playground and despite never having any real toys growing up, he could always manage to find something to play with.

It was in these constant efforts to end his boredom that he first discovered his passion for fire. Yes, fire. He had one day stumbled across a lantern in the barn and nearby, a flint starting device. After igniting it, despite being forbidden from such a thing, he found himself amazed and dazzled by the tiny fire dancing about the wick. He had seen flames before, having plenty of candles in the house, but there was something so different about him having created the fire himself that drew out what would become a life-long obsession with fire.

As he grew, he began to learn to manage himself much more rapidly than most children from the city. Even by the age of ten he was expected to wake on his own and head out to begin his chores. His mother, after all, didn't have the time or the means to spend her days coddling her son, if she was to put food on the table she needed to work her hardest.

Despite his mother's lack of time, her love for him was never less than bountiful. Haern grew up working hard, with little freedom and a farm boy's care, but never without ample amounts of love. It was when his mother passed away in a sudden, tragic accident involving the hauling beasts that Haern learned just how much he valued his mother's love. Without her, he had no one.

He tried to stick around the farm, but not only was his passion for farming virtually non-existent, but the silence in his childhood home, now that his mother was no longer around, was painful. At the age of fourteen, he made the decision to sell the family farm to the kind neighbor, Crobin Groust, and head into the city to see what life may hold for him there.

By this time, he had spent several years whispering to fire, seeking its company on lonely nights when the darkness seemed too much so. He would often keep matches in his pocket so that he could practice dancing with the fire between his chores and by the time he head to the city, he had grown to be quite the little entertainer, knowing several unique and fun tricks that involve his manipulation of burning objects and of fire itself. He could breathe fire, he could spin it, he could dance with it. This talent earned him a pretty penny in the city and he felt a rushing joy and a wave of exhilaration each time he performed.

It was on a cool autumn day in Lortaine that he came across a beautiful young lady, sitting on a park bench, crying for she had been punished by her father for shaming him in front of business friends with a mistake in her piano playing. When Haern saw this woman, heartbroken and saddened, he could not help but stop and offer her some joy. He put on a beautiful display of fire dancing before bowing before her with a flaming rose in hand. When he blew it out, it held its perfect form, un-damaged by the fire. The girl, who introduced herself as Khali, would smile and thank him that day and after an afternoon spent together, Haern would find himself in love.

It wasn't until the age of 19 that he first discovered something about himself that he must have known about all along, deep down. It was during a performance in a city square when his matches refused to light his baton and people were beginning to boo and toss rotten foods at him that he desperately begged the image of fire that he had created in his mind for help.

"Just light, dammit! Just this once. I've been kind to you all these years, return the favor this once."

And somehow.. without the use of matches, the baton lit.

That was the day he discovered just how special he was. He ran back to tell his now girlfriend, Khali about his gift and decided it was best to keep it a secret, pretending to use matches and ignitors to keep his ability hidden from the guards of the city for it was well known that such powers were rare and neither of them knew what fate would await him if others found out.

So with this new secret, Haern and Khali lived their lives in relative comfort, dating casually at first but then finally marrying when Haern was 21 and Khali 19. The pair were deeply in love, and in fact if asked, they would say it was more than that... something that was somehow deeper or farther beyond the simple word.

Upon Khali's request, they returned to the farms outside Lortaine and lived a simple, quiet life. Khali loved the country and was content working hard, her husband by her side almost every day, save the occasions he ventured into the city to make some extra coin. They were happy, they were in the primes of their lives.

It wasn't until 6 years later that Haern would suffer loss once more, though loss of a different, more excruciating kind.

One spring morning, Haern awoke in a sweat, having had a nightmare that his house was burning, swallowed in angry flames that had betrayed him. When he turned to find comfort in his wife's grasp, he found nothing more than an empty bed. Panic surrounded him for a sickening feeling that something was not right seemed to fill the room. After searching the entire farm and asking all the neighbors, he found no sign of his beloved wife. He would scour the city and seek any word on her whereabouts for several days before realizing something wasn't right in the events that had unfolded.

Haern searched Lortaine for several more months before reaching a point of disbelief that he would ever find her within the walls of the city. It was on this day that he packed his bags and gave his farm to the neighbor that he would venture out as a traveler, expanding the search for his beloved Khali.

It wasn't long after he departed that he came across a companion, one who would become a dear friend, one who would become a comrade, in another time. His name Theolyn, and while Haern never revealed to him where or why he was travelling, the kind man never really cared to pry, rather kept good company and earned his keep.

Haern would keep searching for his wife, for a part of him knew she was still alive and knew she had not left on her own terms. Across Kabola he would look. In cities and towns, mountains and valleys, he would look. Until, that is, something pulled him away from his search and placed him in a fate crossed with dragons, a fate that he would grow to hate and love.‡

dddimr.jpg

✥Abilities✥
Rise of the Phoenix
A trump card of sorts, when all begins to look grim and little can be done but the most drastic of move, Haern has the ability to swallow himself up in a massive veil of fire that explodes outward, engulfing all those who surround him, slaughtering his foes. However, this powerful move does not come without a price. With the foes, his friends may parish, so they must distance themselves greatly to avoid being hit. Furthermore, because of the raw, consuming power of the move, he must give up something to the fire in return: A piece of his soul, and thus, a piece of his dragon's soul. The ability can be used over and over again but each time, a small part of his aura is burned away, like paper burning away at its edges. After 10 uses, he feels the strengthening loss of who he is. After about 20 uses, his humanity is hanging on by a thread and he no longer knows the man he once was, or who he once wished to be.

Embers of the Past
This ability offers Haern the unique opportunity to view the memories stored within all things, from clothing, to homes, to people and animals themselves. When ignited and burned, the memories within these things are released and displayed in the flickering flames for Haern to observe. This can be valuable for attaining information from deceased foes, or useful in exploring the secrets in abandoned towns. The catch is, he must burn it to ashes to see the full memory, simply lighting it on fire with intent to extinguish it would anger his companion, the Fire. No, the object, person, or corpse must be offered until ash to the Fire for the memories to be revealed.

✥Strengths✥
Wise & Traveled
Enough time spent as an entertainer on the streets and several recent years spent searching for his wife have left him with street smarts, a know how of surviving encounters with crooked guards, a collection of experiences with lessons learned from them, and a mild knowledge bank of several towns and cities across Kabola.
Witty & Adaptable
Is started when he was a little boy making smart as comments to his mother and continued into his youth when he moved on to mouthing off the local guards. He's learned how to cover his ass all while having fun with a sharp tongue. There've been far too many times when his comments have gotten him in trouble, but he continues nonetheless.
Affinity to Fire
Ever since that fateful day when Haern was just a little boy lighting a lantern on his own for the first time, he's had an affinity for fire. He believes fire is alive and that it only bends to his will so because of his respect for it and because of the reverent manner in which he communicates with it.
✥Weaknesses✥
Distracted by His Search for Khali
Despite his desire to be fully dedicated to all that he does, he could never truly be so, for his heart lies with Khali and until he finds her, his heart will never truly be found.
Not Particularly Strong
Despite having spent most of his life on a farm, Haern simply doesn't have the genetics to be a brute. He's muscular, yes. He's lean and toned, yes, but he's never going to be physical fighter.
Been Burned a Time or Two
Years of working with fire have left Haern with a number of burns that are sensitive to heat, oddly enough. So when working with fire, he can cause himself greater than usual pain.

✥Relationships✥
Khali, his lost wife
Theolyn, a companion on the road

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: girlabot
Dustfinger! Ah, the Inkheart influences! (: I loved those books when I was younger. Haern is very interesting to me, especially his personality.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure. ^^ You hadn't put anything, so I wanted to check if you knew to make both.

1. Seed and Agility aren't something you can have as a personality. At least get rid of that.
  2. Thank you.
  3. No, it's not. Ten years would allow him to be very good at it, but Expert is only just beneath Master. Just put archery and then explain that he's been training for however many years, which has allowed him a great deal of skill in the way of the bow.
  4. If your character is long-ranged and devoted his time to training in the bow, he would not be good at disarming. It just doesn't make sense.
  5. So, what changed? Are you saying that in all his years, he never once saw an animal he was hunting with its baby? Or near a den? And what hunting did he have to do?
  6. Be sure to explain the vibration, kay?
  7. Thank you.
  8. As long as he knew to be careful, then he could potentially have survived. I'll accept that. ^^
SOUL

Jeez, you takes up all my time!

I'll PM you the things I find, kay? *lurves on*

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Dustfinger! Ah, the Inkheart influences! (: I loved those books when I was younger. Haern is very interesting to me, especially his personality.
I adored them too and while the movie was TERRIBLE, I loved their portrayal of him <3 He was my inspiration for Haern :3

Reactions: girlabot
*Double time making this character and writing story.* SO much BREAK. Its been like three days I've been working on both of these now.

Take your time, Shiro! AGAIN, I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED!

I'm so behind. UGH!

I loved Inkheart... Never watched the movies. In fact, I make a point to never watch the movies of books I've read previously. I inevitably find that they don't live up to my expectations/leave out important parts.

• Love
Edited abilities, as well as Cassius's juvenile image. And yes, the movie is almost always absolutely disappointing. Such is life, unfortunately.

LOVE THEM, @girlabot ~ I'll add her to the character list when I have the time. LEMME GET THEO OUT FIRST. ^^

Name:
Kalli

Appearance:
(as an adult)
undead_dragon_acid_water_skulls_spikes_evil_hd-wallpaper-1574043.jpg
As a hatchling, Kalli looks much different. Although her coloring (black and purple) remains the same, her appearance isn't quite so... menacing. Her spikes are small and a bit blunt, and her wings are a bit too large for her body. Her mouth is almost always slightly open, giving her a bemused expression as she observes the world around her. The bone ridges on her head have already started to grow, although they look more like horns then the eventual crown they will be.

Personality:
Curious- Kalli is extremely observant, noticing little details about the world that often pass by others. Unfortunately, she also has a habit of asking why these things happen or how, or what that is, or who is that, and so on and so forth... This characteristic, while a bit annoying, also means that she learns a lot.
Intelligent- Kalli's habit of asking questions leads her to become very intelligent, due to the knowledge that she gains from the world around her. She's quick-witted and smart, making connections faster than others and drawing conclusions that are usually right.
Annoying- Kalli is definitely annoying! She isn't mean-hearted or cruel, but her endless questions can be a bit overwhelming to anyone not used to the small dragon. She can also be rather childish at times, thus managing to annoy even those who could put up with her never-ending questions.
Brave- Kalli is never afraid of standing up for what she believes in. She doesn't rush blindly in, but she does step up when times get rough. Kalli knows when it's time to push forward and when it's time for her to stop, but she never hesitates when it's her turn to be brave.
Lonely- Kalli knows that just her appearance is enough to put people off before they've even met her, and this fact hurts her. She doesn't make a big deal about it, but she's slightly bitter about the fact that she was cursed to have an ugly exterior when she had such a beautiful interior (her rider's words, not her own).

Abilities:
Flee- Although her rider is able to make everyone come closer, Kalli's ability is the exact opposite. Using her appearance and her magic, Kalli can force her target to run away from her in fear until she stops or they lose sight of her. While fleeing, they dare not stop or attack anyone else due to the fear rushing through them. This effect can also be resisted through force of will, although fear is always harder to resist than charm.

Strengths:
Kalli's greatest strength in combat is her poisonous breath, which hurts enemies for a short amount of time after they've been hit, fatiguing and tiring them as well. If the enemy dies while afflicted by her breath, there is a small chance that they will become undead and serve her until the magic in them runs out.
Another combat skill is her barbed tail and spiked wings. One slash with her spiked or one hit for her barbs will lace you with poison, similar to her breath but more immediate instead of drawn out. The wound will continue bleeding due to the anti-coagulant properties of her poison, and will also sap the strength of anyone hit.

Weaknesses:
Kalli's poisonous breath, while strong, can only be used against an enemy once in a while, taking a certain amount of time to recharge after her previous usage. The amount of damage dealt is little, although adding up over the amount of time the poison lasts. The chance of creating an undead ally is extremely small, however, and they never last for very long.
Although she is undead, Kalli can be killed by severing the head from the body or by destroying the heart. These are vulnerable areas that Kalli will protect at all costs, instinctively stopping whatever she was doing in order to defend herself, including obeying orders and protecting her rider from harm.
Another weakness is her emotional pain. Just like her rider, it doesn't take much to drive Kalli into a fit of despair.
Kalli's wings are too large for her body, causing her flight skills to be average at best. She's a bit ungainly in the air, and she prefers to keep her claws firmly on the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
bofl ~ We have a Kalli and a Khali...that's hilarious! Soul, we may have to go back to brainstorming, hahaha!

Oh, and @Ananfal - Though your rider will choose the name of your dragon, last names are irrelevant. This goes for anyone else I might have missed.

Also, could you be sure to add an actual weakness? That's just a limitation on her breath weapon, which doesn't count. Sorry.

WOO, EVERYONE LIKES PURPLE. Good thing it's the color of Kallydrana. <3 IT'S A SIGN!!!!

Added some more weaknesses, and removed the last name. Anything else I need to fix?

Of course she can be killed. That goes for all dragons, even those cursed with the undead appearance. That doesn't count, either. :P

I do like her emotional weakness, though. But give her some sort of physical weakness...is she not good at flying? Perhaps there's a kink in her tail that gives her problems with steering in the air or on the ground, etc.

FOR EXAMPLE:

My dragon, which isn't up yet, obviously, will be VERY clumsy. At least at first. She'll get better over time, just like with most weaknesses on these chars. She'll also be partially blind in one eye. Just for reference, of course. ^^

Well, I mentioned that her wings are a bit too big for her body at the moment, so I guess that could work as a physical weakness... Making her a somewhat bad flyer.

And the main thing I was going for with the head and heart weakness was the fact that the instinct to protect herself is so strong, she'll stop whatever she's doing to protect herself. That's including flying, protecting her rider, trying to kill something, etc.

@Mowkie I've finished my rider's profile, I will finish my dragon later, please see if my rider has anything else to be fixed ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.