The Mercy of Inhalla - Dragon Riders of Partheus

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sounds really dirty...

Mowkie said:
Give me details, darling! Go all out! SHOW ME THE LOVE! <3<3<3

HEY!

NO GUTTER MINDS!

Wow, now that I think about it, it does sound kind of dirty...oh well, too late.

._.

I baked that cookie with LOVE.

Unlike the dragons, there are no specific riders. You create one of your own choosing, so long as they are human and within the limitations set, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

As for your dragon, I do have a few things I'd like to go over with you.

First, I want to note that Darkness is an Element, which means it's technically off limits.

There are TEN Elements on Partheus in two circles: Fire, Water, Air, and Earth lead by Spirit - Light, Darkness, Life, and Death lead by Chaos. These are LIVING CREATURES, though not always physically manifested. They are, like the dragons, children of the goddess, Kallydrana. To possess such a power is rare, and Element powers will only be handed out according to how to RP is played.

So, Dusk can't have an affinity for Darkness as of yet. He might later, but not right now.

As a Hatchling and Young Dragon, Dusk will have practically no control over magma/lava, the power being directly linked to his emotions. By nature, Obsidian Dragons are quick to anger and volatile when it comes to their emotions, so he will have moments where he gets angry over nothing, and can quite possibly create a small hole where lava suddenly shoots out. Not to say you have to change his personality, just be sure to note that it's the nature of the Obsidian to be angry at nothing.

ALSO, I don't know if you noticed his breath weapon, but Obsidians are built to be, in essence, war machines. His scales are going to be sharp and everywhere (though if you have a good reason for his belly being soft, please share - I want you to personalize the dragon, but I also want you to give reasons why you are giving that dragon a specific difference), and from the moment he hatches, he'll be breaking pieces off and swallowing them to store them for future use. Their scales are a lot like a rodent's teeth - they never stop growing...so, Obsidian's break pieces off and store them for an awesome and dangerous breath weapon. It's instinct for them.

Also, could you explain why he's weak to light magic (there's not really holy magic on Partheus, as there really isn't anything holy that would grant that special magic)?? What happens when light hits him? Is it the light of the suns (there are two) or the moons? Is it the Element, itself? (if so, we may have a problem, as the maternal guardian is Xaria, who has a natural affinity for Light - would be interesting to play on, indeed)

Give me details, darling! Go all out! SHOW ME THE LOVE! <3<3<3

PLEASE NOTE:

I'm not trying to intimidate you, I promise. I sometimes end up having that effect on people, which is why many of my RPs go south...but I want you to know that I DO WANT YOU TO BE CREATIVE, but I also have a specific structure to each dragon breed that you should at least follow a little. I like the thought of the magma being purple, and that might end up leading to something in the story. XD But please try to uphold the nature of these dragons, or give me reasons why you're not. <3
Oh I didnt see the info link for the Dragon's *bonks herself on the head* doy! That explains a lot....Heh oops.

Alrighty *cracks knuckles* time to change some....lot of things XD

that sounds really dirty...
Bahahaha!

Haha well that explains a lot. Take your time and if you decide you want a different available dragon, let me know. ^^

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
0.0 Oh snap. There's an info link to the dragons...

Oh this is going to be fun. I can already see what I'm going to do with Kuwala and the Piet. dragon.

Perhaps I should bold that link...

Yay~ thank youuu, btw I'm gonna make my character, but I wanna ask something, for the dragon baby picture, do we search for it alone? Since I don't find any baby picture in your web, I might miss it though.

I'm not sure if I want the Amethyst dragon or the Bloodstone dragon.... I have a few questions that might help me choose.

Do Bloodstone dragons have to look like undead flesh-eating monsters? Do the children look different than the adults? Is it possible to have a Bloodstone dragon that isn't crazy and wants to kill everything?

@Ananfal I think you better go with Amethyst...

@Azula ~

You are free to find a baby dragon image or just use an image of what your dragon will look like when they're a little older. For my character, I'm doing both. ^^

@Ananfal ~

1) Yes, Bloodstone Dragons are cursed by Kallydrana as punishment for a terrible thing they had done during and after the Great War. A baby Bloodstone will hatch looking like it hadn't fully developed.

2) Not really, no. Young dragons are typically just smaller, weaker versions of adults.

3) YES! In fact, I encourage it. The egg of the Bloodstone Dragon will be dropped off by its mother, who gives a message saying she wants the baby to grow up and bring back the honor of the Bloodstone Dragons. Though most Bloodstones have gone insane, the Bloodstone Chosen will probably not be so.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Alright I got an idea just now, so I'm going to run with it and create a character! Reserve my baby Bloodstone for me!

Cuz you like took everything the undead dragon was and said "can it not be itself"
Just saw this. May I ask why?

basically.

Cuz you like took everything the undead dragon was and said "can it not be itself"

basically.
I'm sorry if it seemed that way to you, but I assure you that I was not trying to make the undead dragon any less undead. I was just trying to find the limits of what I could and couldn't do in regards to appearance and personality. I feel as though if I hadn't done that, then I would have ended up with a very flat and uninteresting dragon companion.

Reactions: girlabot
It's no big deal questioning the dragon. And I would never want you to have a flat char! Those are no fun!

They're like pancakes...all flat, dry, and uninteresting.

I want your character to be like a waffle!

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING! If all of you decide to stay into the IC and create your chars, etc. ALL WE NEED IS THE AMETHYST! YAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

I really need to get to work on my own character...sigh....

@Mowkie are our characters supposed to have already met this Maurus guy? So like do you want us to put us meeting him in our bio is what I am asking. And I wrote some of my charries bio please look it over and tell me what you think of it so far.

Yes, Mauras and Aki have been spending the last year or so searching for those marked as the Chosen. So, in the dark of night, he would have at some point come across one of the two riders - without meeting their dragon, of course.

As for you bio, I have a few things I'd like to mention:

First, as I said earlier, the Verian Forest is completely off limits to humans. Emeralds, though dormant, guard the edges of the forest for any intruders and don't hesitate to force intruders back out. No Dalin would break the sacred law to allow for a haven for humans, even if that haven was meant to teach humans to think for themselves and look to the Kalidyrre, as it would risk a tragedy they could not afford. The haven is somewhere inside the community or somewhere else, perhaps an orchard grown by local farmers or something like that. But most certainly not in the forest.

This also means that your character would not have spent a night or even more than a few moments in the forest without being kicked out by either an elf or an Emerald Dragon.

HOWEVER, if you want to add a secret twist to him, PM me. I have an idea, but I want to keep it a secret from as many people as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.