The Mercy of Inhalla - Dragon Riders of Partheus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mowkie so im looking for a tribal like city. A human city where my character would have a large sense of community and would know wise men that spout things about the ancients [Gods, Evil Kings, Dragons, etc.]. I want him to be a character that is in tune with his natural surroundings. So if not a human, possibly an elf villa or something.

EDIT: Can I create a city?
Mowkie said:
(Name a City in the Plains of Varon - When doing history, please ask questions about lore of the city [BCOLOR=#ffcc00]if it's named on the map[/BCOLOR] - Gareth is the biggest one I'm worried about, so it shouldn't be too big a sweat. ^^)

The highlighted above is what led me to this question.

Last edited:
Okay, so here's the big thing about this particular continent.

Because I had to limit everyone to humans, there are certain things that I also have to limit when it comes to how a person is raised, etc.

1) There is only one God in the eyes of the humans, Varon. Speaking of any other god, no matter where you are, is strictly forbidden. The Kalidyrre (Council of the Gods) have not been mentioned by humans since the Great War a thousand years ago, and those who have mentioned it have been slaughtered by the mighty Tarjan Army, whose forces are so large that they are able to span to every part of the Plains of Varon and still have a great deal of control.

2) Dragon sympathizers, especially an entire community of them, are to immediately be put to death. No one can speak of the dragons, unless it is the mighty Golds, whose Father is believed to be the physical incarnation of Varon, himself.

NOW, what I can do is give you a little town right on the edge of the Verian Forest, home of the Dalin Elves. I can even say that some elves have wandered from the forest and influenced the community in hopes of turning some corrupt human hearts towards the light of the Kalidyrre. But speaking aloud of anything that might get them killed would not happen, as the Dalin would never protect humans. No one would be able to enter the forest, which is guarded by the Emerald Dragons and the Dalin. Any speaking of dragons or the Kalidyrre is done in whispers and behind shut doors, for the Tarjan Army lets none escape.

I'll go ahead and let you know just how good these guys are, in case you're wondering.

The main character of the first two books, Aki, was the daughter of a previous dragon trapper who turned sympathizer. At the age of five, both of her parents were slaughtered in front of her, and she narrowly escaped with the help of Allara, who took her to Silver Tail Island. At the age of 16, Aki watched as Allara was slaughtered by the same army along with at least a dozen full-grown Silver Dragons. She was taken by those men, locked in a dungeon deep within Gareth, where she was raped, beaten, and tortured for a solid year before her dragon, Xaria, with the help of Mauras and Xanras, was able to break her free and escape.

In order to defeat this army, the entire group of dragon riders is going to have to build an army of their own, spanning the other half of the continent.

So these guys aren't to be messed with.

However, a strong sense of community can certainly be there, and you could even give them meeting system that happens once every few months underground or something like that. Maybe an Elf used their affinity for Earth to build a basement of sorts unseen by the guards. That would definitely be plausible. XD

Okay, now I have a question...well..a couple actually.

1.) Are our characters allowed to be from another continent? (or are their family's allowed to originate from other continents?)

2.) Who is the White Woman?

@Silver ~

1) Unfortunately, no. The only other continent on Partheus that knows Kabola exists and can travel to it is Fortuna, but no one is allowed to travel there under the direct orders of the guiding ruler. Ethos has its own story going on at the same time as this, and they're much like Kabola in the fact that they don't have boats. YOU CAN, however, have odd cases, such as a human dropped off in the middle of nowhere and picked up by a wandering elf. HOWEVER, if you do that, you have to abide by the lore of that race. If you want something specific, just ask, and I'm sure we can work something out. ^^

EDIT: I REVISE THIS STATEMENT

1 (cont) There are islands of the coast of Kabola where, potentially, humans could have fled to during the Great War. HOWEVER, keep in mind that the only boats built are fishing boats, and after 1000 years, the Tarjan Army would have probably figured out that there's a little extra land off the coast of the Mainland. Most of the waters are filled with various massive monsters and even sea dragons, so swimming is a little challenging to say the least. Especially since most sea dragons aren't very kind to humans.

2) The White Woman is a major plot character, the last surviving Priestess of Kallydrana from the City of Ranas. She was granted a dragon's immortality by Kallydrana after managing to survive the Great War, and she's somewhat of a prophetess. I don't want to give away too much about her, though, as I want a lot of the info for her to be a surprise.

• Thank You
Reactions: Silver
Tht works for me. Thanks.

Awesome! Can't wait to see your character, Shiro. <3

*Pokes her head in* 0.0

RIDER
untitl10.jpg

Name
Kuwala Kukhudza

Place of Origin
Tenderiko - City on the edge of the Verian forest

Height
6'0''
Weight
179 lbs
Hair
Kuwala's hair is a faded black and long. The longest point of his hair touches just above his waist. Due to its length he keeps it tied with a white ribbon to keep it from flowing every where. Kuwala's ponytail is just an accessory to his style and wouldn't make much difference if it were cut of. The rest of his hair is wild and spiky handing down and easily swept off his face by the wind. His bangs hand just above his eyes, but nearly cover his eyebrows.
Eyes
He has Dark Brown eyes.
Appearance
Kuwala is a strong young man. His frame isn't as broad as most, but the definition of muscle cannot be ignored on it. He has a fair mixed complexion. Kuwala's body is marked with the tattoos of a healer's apprentice. He stands with a lean backwards and normally has his arms crossed. In general Kuwala looks like a pretty shady figure from afar and to a stranger. His day to day clothing consists of fur and wool attire. His pants are wool and baggy to provide style and warmth. His shoes are fur as well strapped to his legs and feet by leather belts. He wears his pants tucked into the shoe and a his light wool sweater inside his pants. Fur gloves and a jacket are worn when it is cold.

Personality
Kind - Kuwala loves nature, but due to his people's vile nature he is not able to fully experience it. In order to one day really see what the land beyond the trees looks like he maintains an attitude of goodness.

Stern - Kuwala is not new to children at all. Their obnoxious behavior has turned him into a commanding father-figure.

Playful - Kuwala is a child and always will be. He loves games, even simple ones like tag. Children adore this side of him and flock to him when he is like this.

Friend - Kuwala is always an open ear and tries to stay this way to keep the piece of his town. He never portrays himself as scary or mean on purpose.

Intellectual - Kuwala is smart and always analyzing things either openly or within his mind. He wishes to learn medicine and like any child he acts like he knows it all.

Skills & Abilities
Magical Healing - Kuwala's teachings in medicine aided by an alchemist's knowledge have allowed him to heal wounds with the focused energy throughout his body. He projects this energy to break the laws of the natural body and speed up recovery.

Injury Sense - Kuwala can sense injured beings.

Healing - Kuwala is a healer with knowledge in medicine and herbs. He can cure most sicknesses given time and mend most wounds.

Heavy Fist Style - A martial art taught to him by one of his many brothers. He is no master, but can hold his own using it. Swordplay is an easy addition to it.

Strengths
Kuwala is physically fit and perfectly healthy, although he is not one Kuwala would make a perfect soldier.

Kuwala is a bit stealthy from his meetings with the elves on selected nights.

Weaknesses
Magical Healing - Although he can heal this magic exhausts Kuwala as well for it is his energy that the magic feeds off of and even still his wonders can only do so much.

Healing - This requires time. An invaluable item that we often don't have much of.

Heavy Fist Style - He is only a novice at it. It only served as a means for him to stay manly.

Kuwala has trouble getting along with some of his family for some of them don't feel the same way he does about the dragons and nature. He is forced to hide this in front of these select few that don't agree with his ideals. This has developed a nasty habit of distrusting allies and friends. He fears for his life.

Kuwala loves his town and family dearly. If used against him he might give up his life or worse.

Kuwala is not built for agility. If he had let his body become as fast twitch and loose as his brother he could not operate properly if he needed to. As a result he has a light frame for the little training he has done and is more sturdy and planted to the ground as opposed to light footed.

Brief History
Kuwala was born and raised in Tenderiko. Tenderiko bordered the Verian Forest, home of the Dalin elves. Kuwala's childhood in town was mediocre at best, his father had high expectations for him to become a warrior, but Kuwala never found interest in fighting. What interested Kuwala the most was the forest no one would ever enter and at times would even avoid. When Kuwala inquired about the forest he did not turn to his village for help. The boy decided he would wander in at night in case it was a forbidden secret among his people. Entrance into the forest proved difficult. Men chased Kuwala inside, he felt scared and hid. His long hair and dark coloring proved excellent when hiding making him blend in with the shadows of the night.

Kuwala stayed hidden for a while, enough to see his people sneaking to the woods' edge. They met with a leader, but he was taller and his ears were strange. The man was an elf and brought his people underground. Kuwala did not follow them in fear of being caught caused him to stay and wait for morning. That night Kuwala passed out. Kuwala never knew what happened that night, but he knows where he woke up and last was were two different places. The event scarred him for life and left a lingering voice in his head that he would battle for the rest of his life; Do not return.

Kuwala would continue to ponder about the event at the forest as a child, but eventually move on as all children did. Later in his pre-teens his interests became more apparent and he worked under an alchemist in medicine while doubling over to live up to his father's expectation as a warrior. In his teens he admits his interest in the woods to his brother. His brother introduces him to the elf that led his people down to an underground haven before the forest where they talked freely about the dragons, but little of the elf's home. Kuwala's curiosity was only increased with the news of dragons residing in the forest. He wanted to see them, but was not allowed to venture from the hole the elf had made. What he was doing was enough to have both parties killed.

Kuwala was forced to accept that for now the forest was unreachable, but he felt that if he proved himself as a dragon rider then one day he would return to the forest and join them. This dream is what kept him going. He would learn medicine and, if he could, learn to tame a dragon.

Kuwala's opportunity soon came. With his knowledge of medicine he planned to travel to Gareth where he could find decent work. His will to fly a dragon was hanging on by a single ember in the pit of his heart. In his travels he was cut off by a man named Mauras and his dragon Xanras. They greeted him by name. Kuwala was of course confused, but after talking and staring at the dragon Kuwala agreed to travel to Silver Tail with Mauras if they went by foot. The sneaky bastard took him by dragon when he fell asleep.

DRAGON
84549fda5a19cb812eac6d48a5d2b5f1.jpg

Name
Jinlong

Male

Appearance
Baby[As Seen Above, minus ears of course]

Youthling
Head - 1 Foot Long and 9 inches wide
Neck - 4 Feet long and 2 feet wide
Body - 8 feet long and 4.5 feet wide
As a Youthling the dragon has adopted the solid dark clay color for its scales and its black horns have faded to become more gray.

Juvenile
Head - 3.5 feet long and 2.75 feet wide
Neck - 6 feet long and 3.5 feet wide
Body - 12 feet long and 4.5 feet wide

Personality
Curious as a cat - Jinlong is a curious one. He is interested in anything that he doesn't know about adopting and warping his rider's childish characteristic.

Easy Going - Jinlong is a tad bit lazy and doesn't like arguing so he does what he's told with a bad attitude.

Detective Jinlong - Jinlong's curiosity sparked another aspect of his personality. He has become very inquisitive, analyzing everything he doesn't know about and then attempting to solve it. This includes emotion.

Temperamental - Jinlong since birth has shown signs of being Kuwala's polar opposite at times. This part of him is one of its most obvious contrasts. Jinlong is angered easily, usually on the base of fear for multiple reasons.

Playful - Jinlong likes to play games of strategy where mind wins over brawn. This aspect of him heavily influences how he works on the battlefield.

Abilities
X-Ray Vision - Jinlong is able to see through walls and people. Currently, gemstones block this vision.

Danger Sensing - Jinlong can sense when friend of foe is coming, but cannot distinguish the two.

Strengths
X-Ray Vision
Danger Sensing
Smart

Weaknesses
Temperamental

Soft-hearted with a rock exterior - Jinlong despite being a giant monster with a bad attitude is a giant baby underneath his scales. He fears loss more so than he does death.

Curiosity Killed the cat - Curiosity might lead Jinlong into things he wouldn't mind not knowing or being in.

Jinlong strength is certainly not his best weapon. Among the dragons he most likely is the weakest.
Danger Sensing - Cannot distinguish entities.

X-Ray Vision - Gemstones block this vision, appearing opaque when he passes over them.

Last edited:
@ShiroKiyoshi ~ Feel free to name said village. Also, it's the V-E-R-I-A-N Forest. E instead of A. No biggie, just thought I'd let ya know. But he looks like he'll be an awesome char.

*is uber excited*

I just noticed that you had edited your post, haha. You are free to build this village however you like, so long as the humans remain outside the forest. If you need any info on the Dalin Elves and would like their influence to be felt within your community, you can PM me for details on said elves, and I can even put the village on the map for you.

THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE!

If you want your own town/village, let me know so we can build it together! I will put the town/village on the map, and whatever you don't elaborate on, I will build upon. I'm always up for world building, and Partheus is forever a work in progress. That's the beauty of creating your own world. XD

@Mowkie I was just looking through the website- wow! So thorough. Can you tell me more about Port Syren? I want my character to have a connection with the sea, to compliment her dragon's love of water.

Reactions: Silver
OOOOOHHHH, good choice, @girlabot ~

Port Syren is the only full-scale city on the coast of the Mainland. Despite the fact that it's called a port, it is more of a town of fishermen that is used as a major trading hub for the Plains of Varon. Valuable products such as salt water fish, inks and dyes, seaweed, and even the occasional colored scales of the Coral Dragon (which is used for jewelry and is very expensive) are found only in Port Syren. It is also a breeding center for Bendrines, which seem to grow faster and larger when near salt water.

The culture is somewhat boisterous, and every corner has some sort of tavern or pub on it.

I haven't built too much on the city yet, but if you want something specific, I'm sure we can create it together. You are free to build on what I've already given you, but keep it within the limitations I've already spoken of previously. There are still a great deal of Tarjan soldiers wandering about the streets, and the only boats available are fishing boats, which don't go too far into the water. If you want to build it with me, just PM me, and we can work on it as a team. ^^

YAY, WORLDBUILDING! XD

Oh, I like him! But do keep in mind that he is a magma dragon, so he's also going to have some volatile use over magma and lava, and there are little veins of magma that run over his skin. You can even say that these veins through an odd mutation have turned purple. <3 That way you match his color scheme. I can't wait to see his rider. XD

Oh! Also, could you give his general appearance at two years as well?

Oh, I like him! But do keep in mind that he is a magma dragon, so he's also going to have some volatile use over magma and lava, and there are little veins of magma that run over his skin. You can even say that these veins through an odd mutation have turned purple. <3 That way you match his color scheme. I can't wait to see his rider. XD

Oh! Also, could you give his general appearance at two years as well?
Oh oops, didnt see that, hehe. Well that works, I like the odd mutation idea =) Should I add a magma/lava ability as well?

Sure! Wasnt sure what age you considered youthling, I'll add age 2.

Yes, but keep in mind that this ability is directly connected to his emotions, so he won't be able to control it at a young age. Of course, that's the beauty of character development! XD

Hmmm...I suppose I should put up my age chart. A dragon is a hatchling until it's 2 years old. After that, they become younglings, then juveniles. I may add that to my dragon info. *nodsnods*

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
@Mowkie a little more has been added as far as personality and skills.

I don't see a problem with him so far, but be sure that he has actual weaknesses and not just limitations to his strength.

Had I known someone else wanted a healer, I would have waited...but I can always make my Druid char more attuned to earth with minor skills in healing. XD WOOT HEALING!!

UPDATE!

I have added Dragon Ages to the dragon tab in my intro. If you guys want growth lists as well, let me know, but they aren't necessary to the RP. ^^

Yes, but keep in mind that this ability is directly connected to his emotions, so he won't be able to control it at a young age. Of course, that's the beauty of character development! XD

Hmmm...I suppose I should put up my age chart. A dragon is a hatchling until it's 2 years old. After that, they become younglings, then juveniles. I may add that to my dragon info. *nodsnods*
That should be fun, problay a good excuse for why hes always in trouble XD "Your pissing me off! *ground erupts with lava* oops..."

By the way, how do I find out what riders are already taken?

Last edited:
Obsidian DRAGON
Lm2Ztn3M.jpeg

Name:

Dusk Hallur
Appearance:
As a babe the scales covering Dusk's back, sides, tail, neck, outer legs, and top of
his head are all obsidian black as well as his talons. The webbing on his wings, tips of his horns that run down his head/spine, and his eyes are deep purple. His underside is a gunmetal grey and scaleless leaving it surprising soft. He reaches only 1ft in height and 1 1/2 from head to tail in length weighing about 12lbs.

As a youthling (roughly 2 years) hes much the same except he reaches 6ft in height and 7 1/2ft in length, hes also more muscular, his scales are harder, and his spikes have grown to about 6 inches.

Personality:
Quirky, troublesome, reckless, protective, gentle.
Dusk has a surprisingly quirky personality. He likes to catch others off guard and tends to get in trouble for it. Though hes a bit reckless, he has a warm and gentle side that he only shows to those he likes. Despite being a little troublemaker, hes very protective of those he considers his friends, he'll do next to anything to defend them. Even bite a rump or two if their bad talking his Rider.

Abilities:
Shadow Cloak - Dusk uses a kind of dark magic to camouflage his body with the night/shadows. It also dims the noise he makes, though not completely.

Nightfall: By making a cat-like purr, Dusk can put others to sleep around him that are within hearing range (roughly 10ft).

Inferno: Has the ability to create/manipulate magma & lava.

Strengths:
Stealth/Sneaking
Soothing Presence
Quick
Hardheaded (
literately)
Fearless
Creative - Both in and out of battle
Immune to Lava/Magma
Affinity for Dark Magic

Weaknesses:
Can only use Shadow Cloak for a max of 30 seconds currently
Nightfall is ineffective if the person(s) mental fortitude is stronger
Nightfall only lasts 2 minutes after he stops purring
Currently physically weak
Weak against light/holy magic
Nocturnal - Dislikes waking during the day

Inferno is attached to his emotions and makes it hard for him to control it

Dislikes the Cold
Edited him, hope its ok now =)

Unlike the dragons, there are no specific riders. You create one of your own choosing, so long as they are human and within the limitations set, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

As for your dragon, I do have a few things I'd like to go over with you.

First, I want to note that Darkness is an Element, which means it's technically off limits.

There are TEN Elements on Partheus in two circles: Fire, Water, Air, and Earth lead by Spirit - Light, Darkness, Life, and Death lead by Chaos. These are LIVING CREATURES, though not always physically manifested. They are, like the dragons, children of the goddess, Kallydrana. To possess such a power is rare, and Element powers will only be handed out according to how to RP is played.

So, Dusk can't have an affinity for Darkness as of yet. He might later, but not right now.

As a Hatchling and Young Dragon, Dusk will have practically no control over magma/lava, the power being directly linked to his emotions. By nature, Obsidian Dragons are quick to anger and volatile when it comes to their emotions, so he will have moments where he gets angry over nothing, and can quite possibly create a small hole where lava suddenly shoots out. Not to say you have to change his personality, just be sure to note that it's the nature of the Obsidian to be angry at nothing.

ALSO, I don't know if you noticed his breath weapon, but Obsidians are built to be, in essence, war machines. His scales are going to be sharp and everywhere (though if you have a good reason for his belly being soft, please share - I want you to personalize the dragon, but I also want you to give reasons why you are giving that dragon a specific difference), and from the moment he hatches, he'll be breaking pieces off and swallowing them to store them for future use. Their scales are a lot like a rodent's teeth - they never stop growing...so, Obsidian's break pieces off and store them for an awesome and dangerous breath weapon. It's instinct for them.

Also, could you explain why he's weak to light magic (there's not really holy magic on Partheus, as there really isn't anything holy that would grant that special magic)?? What happens when light hits him? Is it the light of the suns (there are two) or the moons? Is it the Element, itself? (if so, we may have a problem, as the maternal guardian is Xaria, who has a natural affinity for Light - would be interesting to play on, indeed)

Give me details, darling! Go all out! SHOW ME THE LOVE! <3<3<3

PLEASE NOTE:

I'm not trying to intimidate you, I promise. I sometimes end up having that effect on people, which is why many of my RPs go south...but I want you to know that I DO WANT YOU TO BE CREATIVE, but I also have a specific structure to each dragon breed that you should at least follow a little. I like the thought of the magma being purple, and that might end up leading to something in the story. XD But please try to uphold the nature of these dragons, or give me reasons why you're not. <3

• Useful
Reactions: Pyralithia
Status
Not open for further replies.