The Lovers Club Season 2 OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

ScarletNova

Otaku Mode Activated
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
11:00pm to 2:00am weekdays 11:00pm to 4:00am weekends
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, magic, adventure, comedy, anime, slice of life, high school, fandom, romance, but I am always open to many others.
Reboot: OPEN SIGNUPS - The Lovers Club OOC (Reboot)

969287.jpg

:heart: Aikō-ka Kurabu | The Lovers Club Season 2 :heart:
Romance | Comedy | High school | Anime | Slice of life

Season 1 In Character | Season 2 In Character | Character Index

"We'll be your cupids!"

Welcome to the Lovers Club. Our goal is to find the perfect match for you, or assist you in getting the partner you want. There's never been a match that we can't do, and our clients will always tell you how happy they are with our service.

--- :heart: ---

We will be playing the members of the Lovers Club. While our characters will be assisting their fellow classmates (and others) in finding romance, romance seems to be sparking between the club members themselves. The club will be going on all kinds of adventures, from interesting club trips to festivals, spending all night in a haunted house, or simply sitting in the club room they occupy at their school.

There is no need to know anything from Season 1 of Lovers Club to join. No need to read Season 1 either.

Setting:
Japan
- (Made up) Small city that goes out into towns:
City: Yokokami
Towns: Honkawa (North of city), Hamasu (East), Yakita (South), Okunai (West)​
- School in city called Bara High School (Bara = Rose)

- There is a train that goes between the towns and into the city
Stations named after city and towns

General Information:
- Friendships, some friendly rivalries, and especially romances are allowed and encouraged.

- This rp is largely focused on romance and comedy between the members of the club.

- Feel free to be creative and fun when making your character(s). They can be as weird as you want (or as normal as you want).

- Anime physics apply, so anything can happen just like an anime.

- If you have any question, don't be afraid to ask.

General Rules:
- Please do not just disappear, let me know if you need/or want to drop out. I'd rather have you tell me. Don't be afraid, I understand.

- Please assist in making it possible for every character to have a romantic partner.

- At least post character's name, location, and picture during the IC posts.

- Be nice to everyone in the OOC please.

- Keep things PG-13 or so, we are in public view and have a range of ages playing.

- No-liners please, at least a paragraph or two.

- Three character limit

Last edited:
Yes, that part as well. It was a long post, yes, but the characters practically were talking about stuff nobody asked for, and a dog just randomly appeared. I was confused as fuck for a second there.

When you described the dog as a Rolo, I won't lie, even i was confused. I assume you meant a dachshund? Also how could it come in? A cat can easily get into school, they're sneaky like that. A dachshund? Dogs attract a lot of attention. How did it open the door to get into the building?

Here, have a chart
1631413347175.png

I am really bad at this too. Showing, not telling. I also misword things and not make sense at times because I bounce around a lot in my head.

You can try organizing your thoughts first and attacking each action one at a time.

I tend to make a list and either change the order or the action if it doesn't flow right or remove actions altogether.
1631413534330.png
Note that I dm'd Icey to make sure she was okay with this.

Lastly, I hope you dm'd spuds for that mari thing. He seemed open to ideas but I'm sure he also wants it to make sense. We don't know if he had anything planned either.

PS: How did bob become more kowai than kowai mari?

Know that I'm stealing that for myself too, @Monbon. I sometimes struggle how to describe emotions, and this handy chart is what I need.

*laughs in pirate*

Reactions: Takumi
Know that I'm stealing that for myself too, @Monbon. I sometimes struggle how to describe emotions, and this handy chart is what I need.

*laughs in pirate*

Go for it. As someone with only 1 expression, I too struggle. What even are feelings?

Show don't tell is definitely one of the hardest things about writing. You guys talking about it gives me flashbacks of college writing workshops...

@Rads, I sent you a PM.

I'm always here to help anyone with posts.

• Love
  • Sweet
Reactions: Takumi and Monbon
Sighs I should have said the dog is a Brown Labrador Retriever. As mentioned in the post both Toshiro then Suzika talked about her dad so ruby was going to apologize Even though she wasn't happy about the way she was shown up by Toshiro. I know inoue meant well but at that point, she was just making things worst that's why ruby was kind of bitchy to her. I added the dog bit in to try and make the post-lighter-hearted to show that she's not a complete cow. As for rain's part he doesn't have much direct interaction right this moment because people are doing their own thing. I'm open to ideas on this though.

I've removed the part about the dog and bob for the meantime, it was not my intention to confuse and such.

Last edited:
That's why I tossed Sayu at you as an option. You could pick on him as you want and it would've been fine. I would have rolled with whatever. We also have to think of what we're doing rn. Basically it's a meeting so large interactions more or less are limited within reason. Your characters can feel and notice things or physically react to things too. Things like that are just as valuable as interactions with other characters because it lets us know more about your character. Right now, Rain in particular feels relatively unknown.

If you have an idea that makes sense and includes another character, just dm people. It's anxiety inducing but most here don't seem to bite.

Is it a puppy? I assumed it was a wiener dog because it was small enough to fit in a handbag and long like rolo candy (when it's in the wrapper). I thought you meant a grown ass dog. Reread it and tell me it doesn't confuse you. We can't read your mind, friend.

Am I the only one getting deja vu btw? I have a feeling we've talked about a brown dog before.

When you described the dog as a Rolo, I won't lie, even i was confused. I assume you meant a dachshund? Also how could it come in? A cat can easily get into school, they're sneaky like that. A dachshund? Dogs attract a lot of attention. How did it open the door to get into the building?

Here, have a chart

I am really bad at this too. Showing, not telling. I also misword things and not make sense at times because I bounce around a lot in my head.

You can try organizing your thoughts first and attacking each action one at a time.

I tend to make a list and either change the order or the action if it doesn't flow right or remove actions altogether.
View attachment 221285
Note that I dm'd Icey to make sure she was okay with this.

Lastly, I hope you dm'd spuds for that mari thing. He seemed open to ideas but I'm sure he also wants it to make sense. We don't know if he had anything planned either.

PS: How did bob become more kowai than kowai mari?
I thought at this point he would just go with the flow, bobs always had really good senses but yeah without meaning to it ended up not making sense.

That's why I tossed Sayu at you as an option. You could pick on him as you want and it would've been fine. I would have rolled with whatever. We also have to think of what we're doing rn. Basically it's a meeting so large interactions more or less are limited within reason. Your characters can feel and notice things or physically react to things too. Things like that are just as valuable as interactions with other characters because it lets us know more about your character. Right now, Rain in particular feels relatively unknown.

If you have an idea that makes sense and includes another character, just dm people. It's anxiety inducing but most here don't seem to bite.

Is it a puppy? I assumed it was a wiener dog because it was small enough to fit in a handbag and long like rolo candy (when it's in the wrapper). I thought you meant a grown ass dog. Reread it and tell me it doesn't confuse you. We can't read your mind, friend.

Am I the only one getting deja vu btw? I have a feeling we've talked about a brown dog before.
There fair point's, i'm not always sure what to do with my chars and that doesn't help rain did pick on Sayuri a little but if he does too much it makes him look like he's bullying the crap out of him.

ikik I was just wondering why it was all just dialogue. I'm fine with Sayu getting bullied. He's a fucking brat. I'm actually more offended by Ruby calling Toshi dense. Pot calling the kettle black. xD

There are fair points, I'm not always sure what to do with my chars and that doesn't help rain did pick on Sayuri a little but if he does too much it makes him look like he's bullying the crap out of him. No, we haven't but yeah I can see why you might think that. Yes, the dog is a puppy I should have made that clear sorry about that.

No like, I seriously feel we've had a talk about this exact brown dog with the rolo description word for word. It's the same feeling when I'm catching up on manga when I don't know what chapter I stopped at and am reading things I've read already. It's so accurate to what I feel I've seen before but I can't recall where or why.

ikik I was just wondering why it was all just dialogue. I'm fine with Sayu getting bullied. He's a fucking brat. I'm actually more offended by Ruby calling Toshi dense. Pot calling the kettle black. xD
Ruby's not dense though she just has a hard time showing her better emotions and sometimes the emotions of others at times. I do admit this time ruby got it wrong with suzika and sure I'll bully Sayuri some more but don't blame me if you want to make him cry.

No like, I seriously feel we've had a talk about this exact brown dog with the rolo description word for word. It's the same feeling when I'm catching up on manga when I don't know what chapter I stopped at and am reading things I've read already. It's so accurate to what I feel I've seen before but I can't recall where or why.
If we did I sure as heck don't remember honestly. I've edited rains part i hope you like it

Last edited:
Make him cry. Give him a few bruises. Knock that toxicity right out of him.
Oh, jk. Understood, I'll be careful with what I wish for.

So the loud person hounding the least problematic character that isn't adding to the chaos and is actually minding her own business...

...isn't dense...?

Okay.

Reactions: Rads
Make him cry. Give him a few bruises. Knock that toxicity right out of him.
Oh, jk. Understood, I'll be careful with what I wish for.

So the loud person hounding the least problematic character that isn't adding to the chaos and is actually minding her own business...

...isn't dense...?

Okay.
Sighs I wouldn't say ruby is loud in that way all the time but yeah in this case even though she meant well it didn't come over that way and indirectly she's being dense. She also has a headache so she's more crabby than normal and inoue adding to it didn't help matters.

Currently feeling like effing dying after getting my 2nd Covid vaccine shot. This is the worst…

Not trying to make her out to be a criminal cause we know her intentions were good but until I see otherwise, she's dense. At least in this scenario, she's dense. You can try to convince me otherwise but unless I see her acting less dense, she's dense. Just as I won't convince you that Toshi wasn't dense here. Even though I don't understand what he did wrong. Fun fact: I originally made him to see if I could partner him off with Ruby. Butting heads with her seems more fun now though. @Rads

Rest, @Shinku⭐Kun I didn't feel any pain my second shot but my first shot had me contemplating chopping my arm off. Be lazy for a day, it's ok. Take some pain meds or some nyquil and sleep for a good half day.

Reactions: Takumi