The Loved Princess

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she realized she was alone with Reagen with Marcus in the tent and Aria going to help him, Grace smiled as she felt safe and protected around Reagen. She gently kissed his cheek and blushes sweetly."Reagen, you've been so kind to me. I feel bad that you're so stressed out by your princess...wife...girlfriend thing. What's her name? Hannah? Anyway Hanna has gotten you so stressed. How selfish making you worry..I would never to that to you." She smiled as she leaned against a tree "Who knows how far we're into this forest anyway? We could be lost forever. This witch chick probably doesn't exist. She's probably just a legend my dad made up." She looked at him lustily and grinned, "Maybe you should move on before it's too late..." She went up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist, "Forget this futile mission and be with me forever...Your princess doesn't want you..She left you for a real prince. And trust me..I can be twice the wife she was..." She said this so mischievously but yet hypnotizing as she began to kiss his neck. Suddenly, a drop of rain fell on her shoulder and she screeched in pain as her own skin began to melt. Aria fled out to see where was the scream was coming from but instead she saw Grace's skin being melted off by the rain only to reveal all her beauty and youth melted away and being replaced by her real appearance; rotting skin, moth-eaten clothes, tangled. raggedy hair, claws and fangs. Aria stood in shock as she mumbled, "She's the witch....She did something to Marcus!" Once her skin was finished melting, she looking at Reagen and grinned, "I prefer an Empusa..not a witch..."

Reagen sighed, maybe it was best to send Marcus back to the castle with Aria; he didn't need anything else to happen to his friend. Feeling lips against his cheek the knight looked over with a slight frown, "Please don't do that again." It didn't feel right to him, only Anna was supposed to do that. "She's my fiancée and her name is Anna." That caused him to growl slightly in irritation, he never liked those who showed Anna disrespect, even when they were simply kids. He even fought adults about it back then. "I love you and if this is what I have to do then so be it. We'll only be here for another day, if anything happens I will cut my way out then." Meeting her gaze, Reagen rolled his eyes and looked away with a snort, great, it turned out Grace was actually one of those women. "You can't even compare to Anna." Gripping her hands, he pushed them away from his waist and immediately had to focus when hearing what she said next. The effects of magic...so that's what this was. As soon as the drop fell and had her distracted he easily ripped himself free and spun around while taking a few steps back and drew his sword. "I should have figured." Taking a step forward his green eyes grew cold and hard, pressing the cold metal against her throat. "I'm not fond of your kind, but it is said you can use magic. Free Anna of the curse she's under or my blade will consume your magic and life force." The green in his eyes turning crimson, canines lengthen slightly, and the orb in the hilt of his sword began to glow and emit what seemed to be violet fog.

The Empusa shook her finger and shook her head. "You wouldn't want to harm your little friend, do you?" She asks and with the twist of her wrist, Marcus came barging towards her. "I know possess his soul, kill me and you'll kill him. And the best part is, he'll do ANYTHING I say. For example." She looked at Marcus and he instantly grabbed out his sword and put it to Reagen's neck. Aria stood their in shock and fear, "Why are you doing this, what do you want?!" The Empusa chuckled wickedly, "You really think you can come into my woods and just think I give away free potions?? No! I want something we may..all equally want. Love." Aria looked a bit surprised at the simple answer. She was about to ask why before the Empusa replied with her demon-like voice, "The story of Princess Anna and Reagen does peek my valley. Because of that, I want theirs. I want Reagen's ability to love.." Aria immediately shouted back, "The reason we came all this way was remember who Anna truly loves! Now you want to make it seem like it was worth nothing?!" Marcus kept the sword at Reagen neck with a blank face before Aria sighed sadly, "You can take my ability to love!" The Empusa looked Aria up and down and grinned, "YOU'RE ability to love? You cannot love! You're just a spirit!" Aria argued back, "Even spirits have...souls..." A sudden idea came to Aria as she looked helplessly at Reagen, knowing if she said her plan out-loud, the Empusa might ruin it.

Before Reagen had anytime to react, he could feel the usual touch of cold death against his neck; something he had felt numerous times before and no longer feared. "Marcus...you're truly pathetic, allowing this to happen to you." The young man sighed, seemingly unfazed by the blade that now threatened to end his life on the whim of the demon they now faced. Though the knight rolled his eyes, they hadn't come here for a free potion, Reagen had been willing to make some kind of deal or even fight for it until the Empusa played her hand a little too early to do any real worth. Hearing what the demon wanted brought a scoff from him as well, "All this over something that's easy to obtain, this is why humans despise demons." Reagen muttered on his breath while continuing. But then seeing the look Aria gave him caused his eyes to narrow with his answer, 'no', he wasn't about to let someone do something that could harm them or sacrifice themselves for him again. "What about this? I propose a game. You, Empusa, send all the beautiful and alluring women you want in an attempt to sway me from loving Anna. Meanwhile; I will attempt to have Aria fall in love with me, thus proving that spirits have souls and can love. The deadline for this game will be five hours before Anna must marry the bastard king; if I fail then you get my ability to love along with keeping Marcus, if I win, you give us the potion and I will not hunt you down." Looking at the Empusa, a strikingly handsome smirk appeared on his lips, "You enjoy a good game don't you?"

Aria felt like if she could blush, she would be doing that right now. Get Aria to fall in love with Reagen? She had made the argument that spirits can fall in love but she has never. The Empusa grinned evilly. "You know I love games. Fine deal! Until then, you can have your little...boy back." Marcus dropped the sword and gasped for air as if he was holding his breath the whole time. He immediately scowled childishly at Reagen, "I'm pathetic?!? I'm sorry if i cant defy witch curses! I'm sorry I don't have an anti-curse shield with me. I'm sorry-" Aria immediately got annoyed by his already constant whining, "Oh will you shut up?! We should've kept that curse on you." Marcus looked down with pity, "You're so mean.." Aria rolled her eyes and sighed, "We got five hours to get that potion and ...get me to fall in love with Reagen." And Marcus started whining again, "How come Reagen gets all the love?? He already has Anna! Let me try to get Aria to fall in love with me!" Aria flinched at his complaint, "Fine! Whatever! I'm doing this for Reagen and Anna then!"

Reagen sighed, dusting himself off and bending down to pick up Marcus' sword as he whined and the other knight proceeded to ignore him. "Yes, yes, I'm all so powerful. Take your sword, it's disrespectful to leave your partner on the ground for so long." Handing Marcus his sword, Reagen turned away and began to think while letting the two bicker around as Snowfire came over. "Can you both calm down...please?" He finally asked. "We might lose this if I can't think, I don't know how to make someone fall in love with me, Marcus, you should know that. But it's better than having Aria sacrfice herself or me having to kill you to get to the Empusa." Noticing the demon had disappeared, he walked away from them with Snowfire. Arriving at a tree, he turned and sat down under its shade with his back against the trunk. "I'm supposed to protect those I believe I should, even if it means hurting or destorying myself in the process. That's what being Don Lavinto's pupil means; being the guardian who takes on all threats." Closing his eyes, Reagen folded both arms over his chest and took a deep breath. "Just give me fifteen to thirty minutes to think, I swear by then I'll have an idea on how to have Aria fall in love with me before our time is up." He stated with a determined tone, "So just calm down and think as well, if you keep arguing then all it does is gets us no where, okay?" Opening an eye, he looked over at them. "Oh, and Aria? I'm sorry that I proposed something like that, it just seemed like a better option than having you sacrifice something precious." The knight then added with an apologetic smile.

Marcus mumbled "But you don't apologize for calling me pathetic." Aria rolled her eyes and walked over to Reagen's and sat next to him. "You need food if you're gonna think this hard." She put her hand on the tree and a purple fruit grew from it. "Eat it, it's full of protein." Marcus sat next to Reagen and put his arm around him "As much as I love you, your plan is truly flawed. Even if you make Aria fall for you, where would you guys go with that? She'd be in love with you but you don't love her and you're marrying Anna. And how would Anna feel after you helped another girl fall for you?" Aria was gonna destroy him with another argument as usual but he had a point. Marcus grinned and stood up with his hands on his hips "That's why I have the great news of sacrificing myself! That's right! I'll make Aria fall for me! So no one is hurt!" Aria glared at him "What if I don't fall for you?" Marcus got on one knee and took her hand "That will be very impossible. For I am the King of Seduction!" Aria rose her eyebrow "Didn't Anna reject you for Reagen?" Marcus frowned "It was more complicated than that!"

"You'll get over it." Reagen chuckled, trying to remain his usual cheerfulself despite the dire situation they were in. "Thanks." He then smiled and picked the fruit, taking a bite from in and then closing his eyes with a soft sigh when Marcus slung an arm over his shoulder; savoring the flavor while taking another bite. Though his friend did have a point with that arguement, Reagen had something in mind for that once they had the potion and Anna cured. "Anna didn't want to be with a man that was already womanizing at a young age, he pratically had all the servant girls, and all the older women, eating out of his palm when we were kids." The knight remarked, cracking open an eye while taking another bite. "My blade..my partner..is special.." His free hand moving to touch the blade's hilt with great care and a smile. "Every two years, I can have it completely erase a being's certain memory and replace it with one of my choosing; as long as it's for that person's wellbeing and not malicious in anyway. So...I can use that on you, Aria, to forget what happened if you fall in love with me so you can have a happy life; maybe with the womanizer if you can train and disipline him." He teased with a cheeky smile.

Marcus chuckled and grinned flatterly "Nothing wrong with bein a womanizer. I get all the love." He winked at Aria who, as always, rolled her eyes "Except from the person YOU love." Marcus groaned "Okay okay! But we're not talking about my love life, we're trying to save Reagen's. Are you gonna help us or not? We only have one day before the wedding." Aria thought "A love potion won't work since we're trying to prove the which I can love. A love potion makes you love. That can't count." Marcus groaned "Well hell, what are we suppose to do?" Aria sighed and looked between Marcus and Reagen and nodded "I'll try to be with Marcus. I wouldn't feel right with Reagen." Marcus grinned and held Arias transparent hand and kissed it. "You won't regret it, my love." Aria groaned "I doubt that." Suddenly, a sound came from the woods. Marcus jumped and grabbed his sword "Did you hear that?" Aria stood up "We ARE in the woods. We're not the only creatures here." Marcus thought for a second and nodded as he lowered his sword "Yeah. You're right." From the woods, was a young woman wearing a fimiliar crown and dress. Marcus's eyes widen as he dropped his sword when he realizes who that is "Anna...? Is that you?" Anna looked as if she was in pain from walking so far put still had the strength to come and hug Marcus "The spell wore off. I ran away before anyone realized I was gone." Anna looked at Reagen and ran to hug him "I almost made a horrible mistake!"

While Reagen didn't say anything at first, he did watch their interaction with a pleasant smile while taking one last bite from the fruit and tossed it into the trees to become part of the land again. Then he pushed himself up to a standing position and chuckled softly. They're already acting like a couple, maybe this will be for the best after all. He thought to himself while dusting off his pant legs and steeled himself. If it was coming down to this he could quickly seek out the Empusa from before and change it for Aria to fall in love with Marcus; that would make it a lot easier than having her fall for himself. At the sudden sound Reagen's eyes turned to the source as he listened to it and their talking. "True, but this is an all to familar aura I'm getting. Impossible even." He said softly to them just before she appeared from the trees. No...how could Anna be here, she shouldn't have been able to find them in such a large forest; it was impossible. When she hugged Marcus, Reagen took a step back, she couldn't be here, not with what he had to do to save her. As Anna ran toward him the knight held up his hand to stop her while lowering his hand, trying to fight back tears and hide the pathetic face he was making. "Anna...how did you find us? Where's the necklace? And who do you love and want to marry?" He needed to make sure this was Anna, if it was then this must have been that bastard's plan all along.

Anna stood in shock and looked away sadly "You..don't trust me?" She sighed and nodded "It does seem to be a bit crazy that I'd come out of nowhere. The necklace..I thought the only way to end the curse completely was to burn it. With Marcus's stalking fangirls, it wasn't hard to ask around to find out where he headed. And Reagen..." She gently grabbed his hand and put it on her cheek "I want to marry you. I've always wanted to marry you. I love you. How could you not trust me? We grew up together, me you and Marcus. I thought you'd be glad to see me.." Aria was in shock but smile "So you're the virtuous princess they're constantly fighting over. My name is Aria. I'm a princess also, princess of the kodomas. Or spirit trees" she chuckled nervously as curtsied. Anna smiled and curtsied back. "it's wonderful to meet another princess."

"I need to make sure it's really you...I'm sorry." Reagen mumbled, unable to meet Anna's gaze as his right hand clenched and trembled slightly. It really was her. The Empusa wouldn't know about the necklace and even if it was the foul demon, he would have been able to sense her now. When she pressed his hand against her cheek, that's when his body froze and he finally looked at her with teary eyes as she poke and then met Aria. "Anna.." Letting go he instantly pulled the girl to his chest and help her tightly. "I'm so sorry, I do trust you but with what's happened the past few days I needed to make sure. And I am happy to see you." The knight then said, pressing his lips against the top of her head, "So much." Pulling away, his expression hardened slightly and gave Anna's hand a squeeze before looking at Marcus. "Time to tell the demon the deal has changed. I'm still going to get the potion to be safe, but they way I'm going to acquire it has changed. I'm going to fight her for it now, it's time I finally fought back against that bastard prince and his plan." Then looking at Anna, he smiled softly. "You should stay here with Marcus and Aria while I do this, you look absolutely worn out." Letting go of her hand, Reagen pulled out a small velvet box. "Will you hold onto this for me? No peeking though, you have to wait until our wedding." He then teased.

Anna blushed and looked at the box and smiled. "He really does love me doesn't he?" Marcus chuckled and put an arm around her "Of course! He's on this mission for you, Elizabeth." Anna turned around with a questionable face "Elizabeth?" Marcus rose an eyebrow "Yeah, Elizabeth...It's your middle name. I use to call you that when we were ...." Marcus looked at Anna and realized her eyes were now green. Anna's eyes are brown. He pulled out his sword and aimed it to Anna "You're not Anna! You're the Empusa!" Anna..or the Empusa grinned wickedly and destroyed Marus's sword out of his hands. "Isn't it sad that even her lover didn't recognize something was different? He lost, I won." At that moment the Empusa stabbed through his chest as he fell to the around. Aria screamed and rushed over to him and started crying. "Please...Please Marcus! Don't die...! The Empusa began to walk off with pleasure until she heard Aria mutter three words to Marcus "I love you..."

"You honestly think I didn't know? Just how stupid do you think I am?" A voice asked, Reagen appearing from the trees and striding towards them with a smirk. "Like I'm going to forget what color eyes the woman I loved since we first met has." Sighing he walked past the Empusa and towards Marcus and Aria. "I wouldn't let go of the box if I was you, demon, it's a special kind of prison. It has your scent now and will consume you, looks like I won." Coming over to a stop, the knight then frowned while kneeling next to Marucus and Aria. "Sorry about that pal, but there was no other way to do it; you would have done the same." He sighed, drawing his sword and holding it over his best friend's chest. "This will sting a bit, but it'll heal you." Driving the sword into the hole of Marcus' chest, it began to glow and he pulled it back out, "You'll be healed and back to your womanizer self in two minutes; I'm not going to let you die, who's supposed to annoy me then?" Rising back up he began to approach the Empusa. "The potion, now!" He growled, holding the sword up to her throat with a sinister and blood thirsty expression, "The overall deal was to prove Aria could love, I added in my two cents to throw you off the real goal. Now hand the potion over."

At this moment in time, the Empusa felt powerless. She had lost and she had no more leverage. If she didn't give him what he wanted, she'd be in an internal prison and he'd find a way to get the potion regardless. She gave up by giving a sarcastic smile "This must be some princess. Fine, I yield." Marcus inhaled deeply from his traumatic experience and gasped as he looked around. "The hell?! Did I just die?!" Aria giggled and kissed him as he kissed back. The Empusa gagged, "I lost, I get it. No need to rub it in. If you expect me to make this potion for you, I need you to put your sword down." Marcus looked angrily at the Empusa then sighed as he looked at Reagen "While you're at it, get her to make a transportation spell or something. The wedding is tonight, we'll never make it in time!"

"Good." Reagen replied, the smirk getting a bit bigger, he was typically a modest person but he felt good about boasting for once. "And you're right, she is, there's no one like her." Glancing behind him, the knight thought about it. "Maybe....dunno...depends if your heart stopped beating and all that stuff. I've been stabbed in the chest once, not a fun experience." He chuckled before smiling when the two kissed, "About time, I thought there was going to be some angry 'fun' next time I left." He teased before looking back at the Empusa. "You heard him, transportation spell too that takes us to that bugger's place. Once we're there then I'll take the prison from you and we're good from there." Pressing the tip against her throat, the evil and sinister expression appeared again. "Got it?" But knew she couldn't betray them, even if she tried. The prison would consume her in that instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Empusa knew she was defeated and groaned "Fine. Follow me." Marcus resisted instantly and have her a glare knowing that they shouldn't trust her. She looked back and rolled her eyes "Are you guys coming or not?" Marcus clentched his sword not wanting to be defeated like the past few times but Aria gave him a reassuring look knowing that she couldn't betray them even in the slightest. Marcus sighed and nodded and began to follow the Empusa . She led them deeper into the forest onto a unfimiliar area. Trying to regain his pride, Marcus took out his sword and pointed it to the Empusa and mocked Reagens tough-guy voice "Where are you leading us, Demon?!" Aria and the Empusa then rolled their eyes as the empusa replied "Calm down!" She turned around to a open area and waved her hands in the air only to reveal a rundown small cabin that was hidden in plain sight. Marcus was amazed at her magic as he gazed upon the cabin "You can turn things invisible?! That's awesome!! Can you turn me invisible?? All the things I always wanted to do! Like go to a brothel and-" He immedialty felt Arias eyes on him as he chuckled nervously "Nevermind, continue." The Empusa walked in and grabbed a dusty book from a chest. When she had opened it, unknown writings and pictures were in it and dust flew everywhere as she flipped through the book. When she found the information she needed, she grabbed a big pot and started whispering and putting objects of the unknown inside of it. The air grew foggy from the fumes from the pot and she started mixing all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon and pouring brownish-green goop from the pot into three small glass bottles. "Drink this. This will take you exactly to your destination." Marcus rose an eyebrow "Drink it? Like everything? To the last drop? Yeah..umm .is there a way to get this injected?" "MARCUS!" Aria snapped at him. He put his hands up defensivly "Okay okay for Anna." The Empusa looked through a cabinets to reveal some potions already made. She grabbed a small glass bottle filled with pink liquid and gave it to Reagen. "Give this to your love and the curse will be broken "

"Good." Sheathing his blade, Reagen followed her with ease and raised a brow when she looked back. That's when Snowfire trotted over and he gently patted his steed's side, "Head to the out ridge of his castle, staying out of sigh, I'll signal you when to come in." Snorting the stallion bowed its head once before galloping into the tree line. "We're coming." The knight replied, walking after her and was much more casual than Marcus was; he knew when a foe was defeated and could do nothing else. "Marcus...you should have stayed at the castle." Sighing, Regean shook his head before glaring over his shoulder, "And ever mock my tone again and I'll make sure you'll never be able to have children." A cheerful smile soon forming. "Got it? Good." Looking forward once again to watch the Empusa's magic as her cabin reappear, "Illusionary magic, an impressive grade as well." He mused while following her in and glanced around as Marcus continued to babble about his idiotic perverted ideas about being invisible. Simply standing he watched as the teleportation goop was made and picked up one of the vials, listening to Marcus's whining and shook his head. "And yet again I wonder why you are the ladies man." Then taking the other bottle, Reagen slipped it into his back and tipped his imaginary hat. "Much obliged ma'am." Teasingly smirking at her before raising the bottle to his lips. "The prison will come back to me once I see your potion breaks the curse and does nothing...unexpected." Then he downed everything in one go and disappeared. Soon appearing in a hallway he had never been in before, "Woah, what a rush." Chuckling Reagen looked around, already hearing the beginning sounds of a wedding, "They're not here yet...I can't wait." And with that the knight took off in the direction of the castle's cathedral where he could sense the wedding taking place. "Hold on Anna, I'm coming."

Anna was prepping herself for a wedding she literally couldn't refuse. She was wearing a different wedding dress than what she was going to wear for Reagen. But the curse had effected her so much that she could care less. The necklace was glowing rapidly as it's duty was about to come to an end. No body she knew was at the wedding, only Xaviers bloodline. He probably didn't want anyone to stop Anna from making the biggest mistake of her life. He, was waiting in the cathedral, waiting for his soon-to-be bride to walk down the aisle. Marcus and Aria appeared from midair at the same point Reagen was before. His tone was more serious as he heard the bells "Shit...I hope we're not too late." He pulled out his sword and was about to dash to the cathedral until he heard someone say his name "Oh God...it's Sir Marcus.." He turned to see three young women staring at him in admiration as they whispered to each other that's he's even more handsome up close. Marcus grinned and winked at the girls as they screamed in excitement. Aria glared and grabbed Marcus away from the fangirls trying to put him back on track. Marcus remembered what he was doing and snapped back to reality as he made a dash to the cathedral, hoping Anna was there.

Xavier probably figured there wasn't going to be any problem, that were wasn't going to be a hitch in his plans after sending his troops to stop Reagen in the forest. Oh wasn't the bastard prince be in for a surprise once Anna never showed up for the wedding and he'd be walking down the aisle in her place. His reaction would be priceless. Coming to a stop in front of the cathedral and peaked in through the crack, thankfully all he was saw the prince and the rest of his goons of a family, Anna wasn't in there. That meant she would be in the side room just down the hall, grinning he went past the doors, sneaking up behind a guard and cut off his air supply. Hiding him in the shadows before taking a tux that was hanging and switched into it, his sword still slung across his back. "Don't you look beautiful." A voice said to Anna, Reagen appearing in the doorway with a smile, fixing the tie. She did look beautiful, he had to admit, but inside he was still seething about this curse. "Hope you don't mind, your father couldn't make it so he convinced me to walk you down in his stead." Taking a step in while noticing two empty glasses. "I also brought you my version of a wedding present." Pouring the vial to break the curse into one of the glasses. "You always enjoyed the little drinks I made by mixing juices before I left so I figured I'm make a special one for your special day." Walking over to her and offering the glass. "In celebration that one of us is finally settling down and getting married." Chuckling a bit. If this didn't work he'd down it himself and then kiss her to make her drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.