The Loved Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reagen's eyes narrowed, feeling his sword's bloodlust flow into his body and attempt to tear control away so it's desire could be fulfilled. But his arm holding the sword only shook in response as he focused on the prince to take his mind away from it. But it wasn't working that well, the brat's attitude was just pissing him off even more. So there was a way to break it, though he wasn't surprised it wasn't going to be told to him and that it was going to be broken. "I'll kill you for this!" He roared as this prince ran away, turning away in rage he walked back into the castle and to Anna's room. Without even looking at Marcus or Anna, he sheathed his sword and with a roar of primal fury slammed his right gauntlet into the wall; causing it to crack and parts to fall to the floor before he fell to his knees. "Once again Marcus...I've failed..just like all those years ago." His voice was hoarse and on the verge of tears. "It's a curse..we only have three days to break it, once Xavier kisses her it's permanent." The knight shook his head before hanging it low.

Marcus looked down at Reagen, heartbroken. How could someone be so evil? He remembered how ever since they were kids, Anna and Reagen loved each other since they were kids. Remembering this, Marcus nodded, "Then, we have three days to get this right, once and for all." Marcus gently helped Reagen up and looked him in they eyes, "If you love Anna, you would make each day count for now on. Now, we have to find the witch who gave Xavier that necklace. Either that or we need to find a witch who can help us break it. Either way, it'd be tough since witches aren't allowed in this kingdom. I'd doubt Xavier would just let us wonder around in his kingdom.." Marcus sat against the wall, trying to think on what to do.

At first Reagen wanted to snarl and shake Marcus off but instead allowed himself to be helped up. But now standing, the young man staggered slightly and hand to place a hand on to wall to keep himself steady. "I do not think it will be easy..." His master had taught him curses were hard to break, even more so then enchant or bewitchments. But hearing her say that he glared at the man, "Of course I love Anna!" Now realizing it, that had likely been a ploy by the caretaker to snap the knight from his little pity party. "Finding the witch that helped him would be almost impossible, his lands hold thousands of them." Pulling his hand away from the wall and turned to face the window. "I have heard rumors of a witch that lives in a swamp, just to the west of here. Though I don't know if they're true or not."

Marcus nodded and thought, "Its better than having no where to turn at all.." Marcus went to his room and put on his fathers armor, who was a famous knight before he died. He went outside with Reagen to get their horses ready. Some girls saw Marcus and laughed as one young girl waved at Marcus, "Good evening, Marcus" She blushed hard and smiled. He turned from serious to happy and flirtatious "Hello, beautiful" Marcus's dangerously good looks made a lot of women fall for him as he gently kissed her hand

"Right, I'll get changed." After Marcus left, Reagen did as well but made sure to relay some orders to a few guards. Arriving in his room he slipped off the ceremonial armor and instead slipped into his silver armor with black trimming. "Much better." Musing, the knight placed his sword in its usual spot across his waist before following Marcus. After he saddled up Snowfire the young man looked over at his companion while patting the steed's neck. "Anytime you'd like to leave, Casanova." His green eyes gleamed teasingly while fixing the scabbard so it'd stay in place. His gaze turned to the young women and he smiled politely, "Hello."

The young woman giggles happily and smiled, "If you're going on a journey you can have my bread!" She quickly pulled some out and shoves it in front of Marcus. Marcus ran his fingers through his shaggy brown hair and smiled, "Thank you dear but my friend and I will have enough." She nodded and she strode off with a smile on her face. Marcus fixed his sword and sighed to himself, "All of these women who love me....and the woman I love ...loves someone else.." He looked at Reagen and chuckled

Heh, going from a boy who was never good with women now to a smooth talker; Marcus was truly amusing. With a chuckle he turned away and went back to looking over Snowfire's saddle and reins as he might as well give them a little privacy. Once they were done Reagen looked back over and arched a brow while resting a hand on his sword's hilt for the time being, though a small frown did appear. "Yeah..." Sighing Reagen turned his attention towards the sky, "Who knows, if I had never come to the castle as a child or roles could have been reversed." Then he looked at his friend and winked with a good-natured smirk, "Though I think I'd still win."

He laughed, "Oh really? She'd be too much in love with me to even notice you! Even so..I'm glad she's with you. She's happy and that's all that matters" His horse, Rosebud, trotted toward west before Marcua spoke again, "So. ..if this witch does exist..what are we going to do..?"*

"Yeah, I'm sure I could weasel my way in." He mused, mounting Snowfire with an amused laugh. "I agree...even if she wasn't with me and our roles were switched I'd be content and able to move on." Reagen glanced over at Marcus and all cheerfulness and teasing was now gone to be replaced by complete seriousness. "We ask her to help, if she says no we try to strike a deal or I threaten to kill and absorb her magic if she doesn't."

Marcus chuckled, "Absorb her magic? I'm guessing you know how to do that or you're a witch too." He chucked teasingly, "So..what do you think Xavier wants with Anna? He just appeared out of the blue and know he wants to marry her? I don't recall ever seeing him.." Rosebud kept trotting west as he and Reagen began to left the kingdom. As Marcus was riding, he was remembering him, Anna and Reagen as kids. Them, running around with their stick swords, pretending to be knights. Anna was the damsel in distress and Reagen and he were saving her. Now, it was all real.

"I told you, my sword isn't like any other knights', it's special and can do some odd things." Reagen replied, but chuckled softly at Marcus' tease. "I don't know...he might just want to expand his kingdom's reach and influence. But I don't ever remember ever hearing of him before, it might be possible he's a bastard and this could be some scheme for him to finally attain a throne." He then offered while holding Snowfire's reins with his left hand as the right remained on his sword. "Whoever or whatever he is...we're going to save Anna and I'm going to pay the prince a little visit. There are consequences for tampering with witchcraft for ill purposes."

He rose an eyebrow at Reagen as they began traveling into the woods, as he chuckled, "You...Really do love Anna.." He remembered them as kids, Reagen saying how someday he would marry Anna and how much he loved her. He never took it seriously, they were kids at the time. What would they have known about love? It seemed they knew more about love than Marcus. He had never fallen in love with any other girl expect Anna...maybe it was about time he let that go..? The sun began to rise, making Marcus realize, he hadn't gotten one bit of sleep since Reagen returned this morning. Even so, he didn't complain, saving Anna was more important. But, as his mind went on about how tired he realized he was, he let out an accidental yawn. His eyes widen, not wanting Reagen to know he was tired. He didn't want it to seem like he was already tired from trying to save Anna. He gave Reagen a side glance, seeing if he was tired also.

Instead of giving Marcus some cheeky or teasing remark, he simply looked over and nodded, "I do." There was nothing he wouldn't do for the princess, even if it meant laying down his life to protect her own; no matter how much pain it caused her. Reagen wouldn't be able to live with the pain of knowing he hadn't been able to protect her. That's when an ache was felt in his side and the knight grimaced slightly, a reminder of weakness of when he had almost given up but the thought of her had made him rise again. Lost deep in thought Reagen never noticed to see the sun rising his hand was clenching against his sword's hilt and causing it too shake before relaxing a few moments later. Eyes wandering to the skies, the sunlight hit them perfectly as the knight released a pent-up sigh. His entire body was on edge and his eyes no longer held any of their softness or kindness; it had all been swallowed by seriousness and a hard coldness to do whatever he needed to save the woman he loved.

Marcus rose an eyebrow again, "Reagen..are you okay? We CAN stop if you need to.." Marcus looked around in the woods, they were the same woods Anna was found in when she tried running away to Reagen. He looked around again but with more caution. There could be bandits, thieves, assassins, highway-men, hidden anywhere. On that thought, Marcus heard a twig snap between the trees. His eyes widen, thinking he should be on his guard. He reached for his sword when he heard another twig snap. Someone or something was near them. Bandits? Thieve? Highway-Men? Marcus doesn't remember the last time he was in real combat. He pulled out his sword but to his surprise it was a young girl who was pale as a ghost. Her skin, hair eyes, clothes were pure white.

"I'm fine." Reagen replied, not bothering to look at Marcus as they contuined along. Though the knight's voice had also changed and seemed colder, more of an older aura as if the old Reagen as been replaced by a newer one that wanted to get the job done. "This is nothing compared to what I'm used to." That's when he finally looked at Marcus and offered his friend a smile as his regular demeanor appeared. But it instantly disappeared when a twig snapped and he had Snowfire slow down until they came to a halt and he looked around. Petty criminals were simply a bother to him now but as the girl appeared his eyes narrowed slightly but unlike his companion, he made no move to draw his sword. Instead Reagen dismounted his horse and stood in front of the girl with an unreadable expression. "Yes?" It seemed the girl's appearance didn't faze him in the slightest.

Marcus stood in shock when he noticed Reagen was not confused at all. The ghostly girl smiled and when she spoke it was as if her voice was coming from the wind, "You're in my woods. Are you lost?" Marcus took this chance to leave his trance and question her, "Your woods? Are you like, haunting ghost or something?" She laughed at Maruc's naive remark and shook her head, "I am a Kodama.. a spirit from the trees.." Marucs nodded, "I've heard of them but i thought they were only in fairy-tales. Aren't Kodama's suppose to be as small as a mushroom and..you look like more of a human than a Kodama.." The young Kodama girl thought for a second before she spoke again, "Kodama's take their ''human form'' when they need to talk to humans. I can turn into a little ball of light anytime I want! Anyway..why are you passing though my woods..? Are you guys trying to cause trouble? If so, I'd have to kill you." She said with an eerie smile.

The sight wasn't unusual after all, when you're mentor was a strong knight mixed in with mysterious you were bond to see some things, But before Reagen could say anything Marcus was already shooting off questions and the knight simply allowed the newbie to get adjusted, this was likely a shock to him. "A Kodama...my master spoke often about your kind." They were naturally neutral entities that only attacked when they ,themselves, were under threat or believed their home was. "Yes, I've seen this ball of light form when I was younger, a interesting sight." Reagen confirmed before he decided to answer for Marcus and met the Kodama girl's smile with his own, an almost primal one. "We are looking for a witch to help us remove a curse from our princess, a spoiled brat of a prince placed it on her in an effort to marry her." His right hand fingered the hilt as he then addressed her little threat of killing them. "Try it, I have not yet slain one of your kind and would be curious to see how well my sword absorbs your magic and life energy. But the question is..would you rather have us be allies or enemies, young Kodama?"

Marcus's eyes widen and chuckled nervously, "What my friend here is trying to say it..we won't hurt you unless you hurt us. Now please, do you think you can help us? Finding the witch that is..." The Kodama glared at them suddenly appeared in front of Reagen, "I don't like you." She then glared at Marcus as his eyes widen. She went up to him and looked him up and down, "Kodama's can tell when humans are lying..you aren't lying.." Marcus shook his head quickly, out of fear and shock. She then nodded, "Fine, I know a witch that lives down here. I will take you to her.." Marcus's eyes widen once again, "Really?! Thank you, young Kodama!" She rose and eyebrow, "I have a name! It's..Aria." He nodded, "Well, Aria, how old are you..?" Aria nodded, "1823 years old. But to humans I guess I'm...19?" Marcus looked at Reagen as they followed Aria to the witch.

Reagen snorted, his gaze unwavering as the same feeling radiated from his being. "I don't care Kodama. Love me, hate me, try and kill me, I don't care what you choose: I just want to save Anna." Right now the knight could careless about what happened or what spirits/other people thought about him at the moment. The only thing on his mind was saving Anna and nothing else. As the two had their little discussion he walked back over to Snowfire and soothed the beast who was wary of the Kodama, in their time together the horse developed a mistrust for beings such as her. "It's alright, calm down, if she steps out of line I'll end her." The stallion took some comfort in what his partner said as Reagen turned to face them once again as this 'Aria' began to walk. Following after her, his horse wasn't too far being while noticing Marcus' look his way. "Stop with the unnecessary banter, we are here to save Anna, not make friends." The tone that addressed his companion was cold and harsh; where had the normal Reagen from an hour before had gone? All that was left as of now was a very serious, cold, harsh, and blunt person who simply wanted to get the job done. The hand holding his sword's hilt was clenching to the point that his entire arm shook, perhaps it was a façade to hide his emotions so he didn't do anything rash and that would cause them to be unable to save Anna. I swear, even if the world itself becomes my enemy, I will always love and do everything in my power to protect or save you Anna.

Marcus' eyes widen, trying not cause any trouble "Sorry for my friend..We're trying to break a curse that was placed on his fiancee. He's strictly business now, but when this is all over and Anna is safe. He'll be back to his childish self." Aria rose an eyebrow, "Anna? As in Princess Anna of Anima?" Marcus nodded, "You've heard of her?" She rolled her eyes, "Yes and she seems quite pathetic. She says she wishes she can be normal when people would kill to be princess! She gets everything she wants at the snap of her fingers and she complains? She's selfish...She has everything but that doesn't seem to make her happy. She's a selfish naive little girl. In my kingdom, the rulers are ruthless and prideful, that's how you gain respect. I bet no one shows her respect.."

Status
Not open for further replies.