The Loved Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reagen glared, he nor Marcus needed to explain the knight's actions or circumstances of his attitude to someone. It was slightly tempting to unsheathe his sword and bonk Marcus on the head with its hilt. Leave it to him to play the middle man and try to negotiate, it'd be better if he'd just keep quiet. But then Reagen's eyes widen as his entire body shook, his teeth clenched, and his canines seemed to become slightly longer and sharper. How dare she...how dare this pathetic weakling insult Anna! Lunging forward, the enraged knight drew his sword and spun around, pressing the blade against her neck as its orb emitted an eerie violent glow and the blade itself hummed with the lust for blood. His once cheery green eyes were now a malicious shade of crimson while his top canines slightly protruded from his upper lip. "You know nothing of Anna! She cares for her people and wants to feel normal so she can understand them better, her subjects love and respect her for thinking that way because many don't." Then he leaned his face forward while glaring into her eyes until they were only a mere inches apart. "If your kings are so great and ruthless that they command respect then why do they and your kingdoms hide? ... It's because these kings of yours are nothing but small fish in a large pond, I have faced creatures that would reduce your great warriors to crying infants. You think you're kind is so great but you're not even in the food chain, disrespect Anna again and I will show where you and your kind belong; at the bottom." As his new features receded and returned to normal, the changes in his blade reverted back as he sheathed it then turned away from Marcus and Kodama, continuing down the path with Snowfire as if nothing had happened.

But before the two could say anything, he had stopped a few moments later and was now looking off towards his right. "We have company...no doubt Xavier changed his mind and thought it would be fun to add a little action. Marcus, go with the Ko-....go with Aria to the witch's while I entertain our guests." It wasn't a suggestion but an order, "You two would only get in the way of this fight."

Aria's eyes widen as she panted as Reagen pulled away. She rubbed her throat, surprised of what happened. Marcus sighed as he went to help Aria. Marcus heard Reagen but he didn't comply. "I can help fight Reagen! I brought my sword for a reason!" Aria sat on the ground, "I'm not helping!" Marcus glared at Aria, "What?" Aria crossed her arms, "The one with the anger issues is being an ass, why should I help him?" Marcus looks sadly at her, "Please Aria, we only have a couple days and if we get lost.." She scowled, "Not my problem!"*

"Any man can swing his sword and say he can fight. Sorry, but this amount of enemies far exceeds your fighting ability." Reagen twirled the broadsword in his hand as the bushes began to shake and several armored figures appeared from them along with something much larger behind them. "A castle born hydra? Impressive." But the knight glanced back at Aria and snorted upon hearing her. "I'm an ass because you're a bitch, it's simple logic. You should be happy I just didn't kill you, especially when you're talking about things you have no knowledge of." Once again his attention turned to Marcus and he motioned diagonally to their left. "My sword can sense magic coming from that direction, no doubt a clearing is down that way and that's where you'll find the witch, now run along Marcus. I'll keep our friends here entertained until you return, perhaps I'll even save a few if you still want to fight; though I am taking the hydra."

Aria sat there and Marcus began to worry, "Please Aria, let's go!" Aria rolled her eyes, "NO!" Marcus groaned impatiently, "You'll get hurt!" She crossed her arms, "Then you'll never find the witch!" Marcus started to panic, when he saw the hydra. Without much hesitation, Marcus picked up Aria and carried her away. She started to struggle and try to pull away from Marcus, "Let me go!" Marcus sat them down behind some bushes so the hydra and Reagen wouldn't see them. Aria started to hit Marcus, "You butt!!" Marcus covered her mouth but that only made her hit him more. He calmly spoke to her even though he was already a bit annoyed. "If your kind is so gentle, how about you try to not get us killed!" Aria thought and sighed as she sat with Marcus quietly.

During their little comedy act, neither Reagen or though foes moved, the on lookers simply watched. Those two are the perfect couple, Marcus is irritating at times but it seems Aria is childish and always irritating; perfect for one another. Once they were gone he sighed while glancing over at Snowfire. "You take the ones of the left, I take the ones on the right?" The got a snort and foot stomping from the steed before it trotted away and the knight rolled his eyes. "Right, you absolutely hate hydras and want nothing to do with them." Turning back towards his 'guests' Reagen leveled his sword at them with an expressionless face and voice. "My apologizes but none of you will be coming out of this fight alive, I will destroy anything or anyone who tries to stop me from saving or protecting Anna." With that, the five armored warriors rushed him while the hydra pulled back and observed for now. Side stepping to the right Reagen easily parried two swords while kicking another foe in the chest and sending him skidding back. Then he pushed off and slammed his fist into the fourth one's helmet, causing it to dent significantly and sending the wear down to the ground before grabbing the fifth by its throat and slamming it back-first into the ground. "Pathetic." But just at that moment he noticed something out of the corner of his eye and jumped into the air, one of the hydra's heads lashed out, attempting to grab him but instead took ahold and killed one of the soldiers.

Aria and Marcus watched from the bushes, they both seemed tREo be in awe. Aria began to smile, "Wow..he'c cool.." Marcus rose an eyebrow, "Cool? He's doing his job.." Aria smiled, "Yeah but he looks so cool doing it.." Marcus huffed, "I'm older.." Aria chuckled and rolled her eyes as she continues to watch Reagen. Marcus's face began to turn red, maybe out of jealousy? "He's in love with someone else!" Aria looked at him confused, "Yeah..I figured since he's sacrificing everything for her...What was it? Like, they've known each other for one day and getting married the next? That's how all humans seem to work.." Marcus chuckled, "Actually no...Anna and Reagen have been in love before God created religion for men..." She looked at him still confused and he huffed, "They've been in love for a very long time!! Ever since they were kids." He quietly chuckled, "It's crazy..kids at that age wouldn't have known what love is but..it seems like they moment they saw each other, they understood it completely.." Aria's eyes seemed to twinkle at his words, "Wow..that's so..romantic!"

While that head began to swallow the solider another turned and shot out towards Reagen. Sheathing his sword back he clenched his right hand into a fist and pulled it back, just then he threw it forward and upon contact with the hydra's snout, his fist sent the head reeling back to its body. Completely oblivious of the onlookers and their little chat, the knight handed on his feet with ease and took ahold of two different wrists, disarming the two soldiers that had tried to cut him down after landing. "No." Pulling them together, the helmets made connection, causing them to stagger back before punching them both in the gut and drawing his sword again. Cutting across the first's chest the metal easily cut through the armor and the man fell as Reagen spun on his foot and impaled the other man on his sword. After pulling the sword out he turned and began walking toward the last two armored men that fell to their knees and began to beg for their lives. Without a thought he cut down the first one and then a next, it would have been stupid for him to let men of Xavier leave and report back to him. Just as Reagen was about to catch the other one he had disappeared and he looked back to see the last surviving man being swallowed by the beast. Meeting the gaze of all its heads the young man prepared to use one strike to finish this final adversary until something strange happened ... the hydra lowered its heads and bow to him. "A castle-born hydra will only serve someone whose strength it recognizes as superior to its own. I thought that was simply a myth." Sheathing his sword Reagen stepped onto the middle head and was raised into the air, "Take me to the witch's hut, come along Snowfire." Following its nose the hydra turned and began to walk as Snowfire snorted disdainfully and trotted behind them. A small grin lining his lips, "Anna's going to love meeting you big guy."

Aria went up bravely and started to pet the hydra. "You humans are vicious, all this little fella wanted to do was survive!" Marcus got up from his hiding spot and looked at Aria dumbfound, "That things tried to kill us!" Aria rolled her eyes, "But it didn't! It deserves to be free..like us." Marcus crossed his arms, getting slightly annoyed, "If having your best friend trapped in a spell 'free' then I'd rather be the hydra." He then looked at Reagen, "By the way, what makes you think Anna will like that thing? Its a big..monster." Aria remarked, "Oh so just because she's a princess she can't love beautiful creatures?!" Marcus shouted back, "I never said that! Why are you twisting my words?!" She rolled her eyes, "I wouldn't have to if you weren't such a sexist.." Marcus threw his hands in the air out of more anger and annoyance, "I'm not a sexist!!"

Sensing two presences approaching them Reagen looked over as the hydra stopped walking and did the same, giving a growl before being silenced by the knight. So they hadn't left to go find the witch after all, that was a bit irritating. "If it wants to free then it can be once we find the witch, if not I'm making it my other partner." Reagen stated, folding both arms over his chest while staring down at the two. "She's not a monster, she's a hydra; big difference. And you'll hurt her feelings talking that way." The knight huffed, his usual attitude coming back slightly as he rubbed the hydra's middle head. Then hearing the argument between Aria and Marcus about what Anna couldn't like and Marcus being a sexist was the last strong. Reagen tried to stay composed but easily failed, his normal personality coming back with a vengeance, a grin took over his features as he then fell off the head and onto the ground. Clutching his sides a laughing fit took over as he hunched slightly, a very happy grin and expression on his face. Then once it was over the young man pushed himself up to stand while wiping a tear from his eyes. "You are a sexist at times and a playboy at others." A teasing and mischievous gleam in his eyes, he smirked playfully before turning and started to walk. "Maybe Aria is the one who'll fix your dastardly ways of thinking."

Marcus was in shock at first a bit speechless at Reagens change but he then smiled in relief. The friend he grew up with was finally back. "Nothing wrong with being a playboy. I get all the women. Right Aria...?" He glanced over at Aria and gave her a grin. She rolled her eyes but even she could ignore Reagen's dramatic change. She tried to hide a smile away from him and huffed as she stroked the hydra, "Okay...I'll help you find the witch." Reagen smiled "Thank you!!" Aria began to walk west, trying to keep up with her tough girl act, staying close to the hydra. Marcus smiled at Reagen. "See it was my grin that convinced Aria. Playboys are love. Playboys are life." Aria then scoffed, "As if! It was Reagen!" Marcus rolled his eyes, "He didnt do anything but laugh like an idiot!" She then shouted back, "Exactly! I was..annoyed by the 'bad boy' act he was giving. Demanding us as if we were his dogs. Pissed me off!" At this moment, Marcus could tell Aria was actually..upset. He then tried to break the tense atmosphere by cracking another one of his 'fantasic' jokes; "I'll be your dog, Aria." He grinned again and laughed. She scowled and elbowed Marcus in the stomach, "Shut up!" Marcus squeezed his stomach and let out an agonizing groan. The hydra then huffed and groaned, trying to communicate to Aria. Being a spirit; Kodama, she actually understood all living things that had spirit. The huffed again. She rolled her eyes and playfully hit the hydra on its nose, "Shush you bad boy!" Aria's face turned a slight pink due to the hydra's comment. After Marcus finished his agonizing pain, he looked over to Aria, "What it say?" Aria's face turned red again, too embarrassed to say, "It said you're an idiot!"

"Goon~!" Reagen grinned, placing both hands behind his head while replying in an almost melodic tone, enjoying that he could finally act himself again. The knight never liked reverted into a more primal and cruel personality, it was fine when fighting against foes but he never really wanted people to see him that way when not fighting. Though it couldn't be avoided with how dire this mission was; there was something huge at stake that he needed to save at any cost. "Thanks!" His grin growing wider when Aria finally agreed, he and Snowfire following behind her and the hydra. "Playboys are the reason why men are usually given a bad reputation, or sometimes have their..junk cut off." Mimicking a sword, he swung towards Marcus' groin before pulling back with a teasing gaze, "Just you wait, you'll see the consequences." But hearing that Aria had been very upset with his attitude Reagen frowned slightly and looked down at the ground. "Sorry...that usually happens during an important mission that I can't fail under ant circumstance. It just happens without me realizing sometimes." Then a grimace appeared as his gaze turned to Marcus, "That sounded so pervy, I'm surprised girls like you with pickup lines like those." A chuckle escaping as he lit up. But soon the knight's attention was drawn to the Kodama and hydra that seemed to be communicating and it seemed fairly amusing and interesting to his eyes, then hearing what the hydra said huge toothy grin. "It did? I like this hydra even more, it has a good sense for people!" Hearing that their new companion mirrored his thoughts but Reagen in an even better mood as his vibrant green eyes glimmered and he beamed happily.

Marcus jumped back at Reagen's joke about his..boys. He rolled is eyes and pouted childishly, "I am not an idiot. And even if thats why the hydra was saying, why are you blushing? Huh?? Huh??? Huh????" Aria stepped on his foot hard and he let out another antagonizing groan. "Shut up, IDIOT!" Reagen pouted childishly again. He was coming up with another clever thing to say when suddenly he started to hear something. He stopped but started walking again thinking it was nothing. He heard it again and this time he completely stop. He finally could barely make out the sound. Crying?He thought it was only him until he noticed the hydra heard it to. It started to run towards the crying sound without warning. Aria immediatly ran to get it because of their spirit connection. Marcus groaned, feeling as if he needed to pay extra attention and protect Aria. He chased Aria, They ran into the woods and they say the hydra already gazing at the thing that was making the sounds. A young, beautiful girl with long blonde hair and see blue eyes and natrually perfect features. Her clothes seemed tattered and she looked dirty. Marcus stood in shock, looking at the girls beauty. "Umm..excuse me..?" She then looked at Marcus and looked almost scared to speak, "Oh, Hello..Can you help me? My brother and I..we were playing hide and seek...I never found him. I got lost..Please, I'm so scared..Can I follow you back home..?" Marcus looked nervously, "Well..we arent exactly going home..." She jumped up, making her look like she was at least 18, "Please! I'll go anywhere with you. Just dont leave me alone...It's getting dark..please.." Marcus looked up and saw the sun was setting. She sighed sadly for the poor girl. "I'm not the one in charge..you need to ask Reagen.." He pointed to Reagen obviously powerless. She looked up at Reagen, "Please mister...I'll be no trouble...I'm Grace..."

"What ever you say, tell that to the hydra." Reagen placed both hands behind his head, grinning confidently at his friend's pout. Watching their interaction got another pleasant laugh from the knight at the other man's expense. "It probably isn't wise to pressure Aria." He commented with a light snicker as they contuined along and he rolled his eyes. But knowing Marcus, the other man probably wouldn't give up until Aria answered his question, that was going to cause him a lot of pain, though he probably liked it; no doubt he was a masochist. He wasn't the only one to hear the crying, Reagen did as well but simply thought it was some type of bird and simply contuined on until it happened again and he stopped, quickly following after the hydra and Aria when they ran, so it had been crying after all. When they arrived the source was then revealed to be a girl who looked to be around their age. What on earth was she doing this deep into the forest and so far away from the kingdom? Thankfully Marcus broke the ice as he addressed the girl and Reagen leaned his side against the hydra's while simply watching them and letting his senses leak out into the forest in search of anything that might be stalking them; they were in he clear, for now at least. Immediately hearing that there could be another person in trouble, his senses broadened their search while feeling out for this girl's brother but got nothing, he must have left and headed home. Hearing her request, his gaze turned to the nervous Marcus with a slightly amused expression, it was once in a life time to see him act like that so it was always a treat. But then it faded when his friend noted that he wasn't in charge, but Reagen was; when exactly was he made the leader? But being Reagen, he couldn't possibly say no to someone that needed help. "Nice to meet you Grace." He smiled, "Okay, just stay behind the hydra and between Marcus and myself. We'll take you home as soon as we can, okay?"

Reactions: AriaXxXAria
She sniffled and nodded showing much appreciation. Marcus smiled and yawned sleepily, "Well I guess we should start setting up camp. It's getting really dark. We need our energy if we're going to be fighting any more uglies Xavier will send for us. I'll go get some fire wood. I won't go far." Marcus started to walk off when the hydra just couldnt seem to stop looking at Grace. It then let out a enemy growl and Aria looked at the hydra, "What is it? Something wrong?" The hydra kept growling at Grace and she looked helpless. Grace looked so fragile as if you even breathed on her too hard, she would shatter. But Grace realized what could have been causing problems. "O-Oh..I have fish in my bad that my dad cooked for me and my brother. Since my brother isnt here..." Grace took out the cooked fish and tossed it into the hydra mouth and it ate it, satisfied. Grace giggled as she bet the hydra, "Good boy. So tell me..where are you guys headed?" Marcus came back with a bundle of sticks and laid them on the ground, "We have to see a witch to undue a spell that was put on my friend." Grace then looked in fear, "The witch by the name of Ars?" Marcus rose an eyebrow, "Witches have names? And wait, you know this witch?" Grace just shrugged sadly, "No not really. I just know she just doesnt undue spells or anything like that. There's always a price or a battle..my mom was sick and dying..my dad asked the witch to cure her but she said he'd have to give her either me or my brother. He couldn;t do it so...." Grace looked sadly, kicking her feet back and fourth in the air.

Reagen knew Marcus was right but he wanted to head straight to the witch's with no stop or any rest and get back to Anna. "You're right, fighting in the dark is not the wisest nor the smartest idea. Especially if Xavier has a witch on their side and will no doubt puff his swords up upon seeing that his first group never returned." Hearing the growl emit from the hydra, his eyes quickly darted around before noticing it was directed towards Grace and he moved a little closer incase it wished to strike. But then seeing it was over something like fish his body settled down and relaxed while heaving a sigh of relief and shaking his head slightly while returning to his position from before. While they did that the knight walked away from them and prowled the edges of the clearing they were in, looking into the forest as much as he could before moving on with his hand resting on the sword's hilt. Reagen wanted to make sure there weren't going to be any surprise ambushes from more knights or if any predators got it in their head to attempt to make a move of his less dangerous companions. "Please be safe, Anna, I'm trying my hardest." Mumbling his body turned and walked back to the group as Marcus returned. "Of course witches have names, everything living typically has one." The knight sighed and stopped as Grave told them about the witch and his expression began serious. "It doesn't matter....I'll see what price she would have us paid....and if it's a battle...." His eyes trailed behind him to look at the large purple orb on his sword and then his blade. "Then so be it." but his hand reached out with a soft and caring look while touching Grace's shoulder, "I'm sorry to hear about your mother."

Grace smiled at Reagen for his comfort, "Thank you so much...be careful." Marcus smiled, "Don't worry, Grace! We'll be your new family! Especially me! I'll protect you until ends time!" Grace blushed and smiled sweetly again, "Thank you so much uh..Marcus but..I rather have Reagen protect me.." Marcus looked in shock, "Wha..why?" Grace looked away nervously, "Well, you said it yourself..He's the leader." Marcus looked baffled, how come no one took HIM seriously? "Yeah but..every leader needs a backup! I can protect you whenever Reagen is like, busy or something." Grace shrugged, "But..he's strong." Marcus gasped to himself, "I'm strong! Thanks to my friends..Venus.." He flexes one of his arms, "And Mercury!"as he flexes the other. Grace was getting slightly annoyed but she didn't show it. Marcus kept rambling on until finally Grace snapped. "Hey Marcus..?" Marcus stopped himself from talking, "Yeah?" Grace looked at him, "Look at me." Marcus grinned as he looked at Grace but it quickly faded when he looked into her eyes. He was dead silent. Aria saw this immediately, "Marcus...you okay?" He silently nodded and sat down.

Reagen nodded slightly, "I'll try my best to." Though he really couldn't promise anything, sometimes one had to be reckless to win a fight or to get the upper hand. But hearing Marcus had him chuckle and raise a hand to hide the smile appearing on his lips from the other man, trying his best to remain somewhat serious despite his best friend's constant talking. The knight was also surprised by Grace's words; she wanted him to protect her? Why, Marcus was a strong and well versed knight much like himself. Though, to be technical, Marcus would have actually been the leader seeing how he was actually a few months older than Reagen. "I'm not that strong." He quickly interjected, modest to the core about his strength, becoming somewhat embarrassed and waving his hands at the statement. "You named them?" Becoming slightly curious, his embarrassment died down slightly to be replaced by a light sigh and a headshake at his friend's antics. "I swear." But seeing the sudden change in Marcus had Reagen worried, walking over he then squatted down in front of the other man, locking their gazes. "You don't normally give up that easily, Marcus, it's unusual. If it's about the comment Grace said about me being strong, don't think about it; you're my second-in-command and you've always had and will have my back, right?" He asked with a grin, raising his fist for Marcus to bump.

Marcus didn't reply but just stared into peace with a blank face and a silent mouth. Aria began to get worried as she waved her ghostly transparent hand in front of his face. Grace looked sadly at Marcus and stroked his arm, "You alright? Was I that mean?" Aria shook her head, "It's not that..he just seemed to have ..l

...lost it." Grace frowned innocently "Lay down, Marcus, okay?" He slowly nods, gets up and goes in the tent (I'm not even sure if we had one lol) Grace sighed worriedly as she hugged Reagen's arm, "I hope he's okay.." Her eyes widened a bit, "What if this is the witches doing?!" She hugs him tightly, hoping he'd protect her

"Marcus...." Reagen frowned, dropping the fist with a sullen look, standing back up and taking a step away to watch Aria; still not reaction from the other knight. Odd by now he'd be making some kind of perverted joke or comment. Watching the movements of his partner the knight tried to look for any other tell tale signs of what was wrong but saw nothing as his best friend disappeared into the tent. He didn't even register that Grace was close, and even hugging his arm, until she spoke and his green gaze moved to her, listening to her corner. "It's fine." With his free hand he gently patted her head, "I'm having some of the power stored in my sword leak out, if the witch tries anything else she'll be in for a nice surprise."

Status
Not open for further replies.