The Loved Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
While she began to speak he quickly dispatched the training dummy before sheathing his sword. So inside she remembered him but her memory itself couldn't place or find out who was missing from her life. That really didn't surprise Reagen as they were both young when he left, it was unusual for someone to forget another in that timespan. As much as the knight wanted to tell her he was the one missing and the little boy was him. But, right now was not the best time and Anna needed to remember for herself instead of being told; hopefully Marcus would keep his mouth shut and say nothing.

"It doesn't sound crazy." He replied, giving her a soft smile as his eyes returned to normal. "I'm sure he's real and out there, waiting for you to remember him; you just need to believe."

She smiled and blushes, trying not to continue being sad. She looked at Reagen with a soft smile and patted the ground so he could sit next to her. "How did you lose her? Did something bad happen to her?" She looked away, "Sorry It's not my business. I'm guessing you still hurt from it and now you're being forced to marry a princess you do not know or love. I wish I wasn't a princess..I wish I can make my own choices. I wish I could marry whomever I wanted. Things like that, only exists in fairy-tales."

He hesitantly took a step forward, slightly unsure about this, but smiled anyway and sat next to her. Though he made sure his sword wouldn't touch or bug her in anyway. "I..." Reagen sighed softly a combed a hand through his hair while listening to her and chuckled softly. "It's fine, it doesn't hurt as much as it used to. I had to leave when we were children, I was being sent off to start my training with my kingdom's strongest. Nothing bad happened at first, or so I had thought, but just recently I learned she had tried to follow me that very night and almost got herself killed, probably by a group of bandits." He hung his head low and sighed. "I shouldn't have left that day, or I should have found a way to have her sneak off with me because maybe then that wouldn't have happened to her." The knight then raised his head and looked back at her, taking in every word and gave her a curious expression. Marrying her wasn't a bad thing for him at all, "Every tale must be based on something true or else there would not be a tale to begin with. Perhaps you just need to find the path to your fairy-tales, I'm sure you can if you tried."

She smiled, ''That's sweet, now I feel even worse for snapping at you earlier. Is she still alive? The girl you're in love with, I mean." Anna felt Reagen's pain, "I wish he was real, the boy in my dreams. How could he be? I don't even know what he looks like. I don't understand anything. Why do I have dreams about him? I feel like he's someone important. In the dream..I can tell I was in love with him. That's why I'm sad I have to marry you. I was hoping one day, he'd just exist and we'd be together and get married. But..he isn't real."

"You don't need to feel bad." When she asked if the girl was still alive he nodded sadly and smiled. "She is, I actually got to see her today but she doesn't remember me." Reagen stated and pressed the back of his head against the wall. "How do you know it's a dream, what if it's a memory from your past you're trying to remember? The memory of a child usually isn't well detailed and can often leave out things." Sighing, the knight reached into his shirt's pocket and pulled out a small doll; placing it in front of her. "He's real, I believe I've met him during my training. Seeing how a knight ,about our age, gave me that old doll and told me to give you a message since I was coming here. It goes 'Anna, I'm sorry, but thank you for loaning me Molly; she helped remind me of you and preserve through my training. I'll be back soon, hopefully you'll still remember me.' You mean a lot to him, I could see it in his eyes."

Anna's eyes widen as she gently held the doll in her hand. She stared as if for a while, almost as if she was started to remember. "This..was in my dream too." Anna then looked at Reagen deeply, so close to remembering when suddenly Marcus came through the door, "Uh..Anna, Reagen, the feast is about to start. Anna, your father wants you to put on something really nice, we have a special guest." Anna looked at Reagen then shook her head and nodded as she stood up and started to walk out with Marcus.

Reagen said nothing else but simply nodded his head. He couldn't give her anymore hints today, she needed to figure out the rest on her own. But when it seemed she was on the verge of possibly remembering something Marcus came in and Reagen released an inaudible sigh. Meeting Anna's gaze, he could only offer her a small smile and a shrug before standing up himself. As she and Marcus left, Jarrod arrived and bowed to the princess then looked at Reagen and beckoned him. "Come, Reagen, we need to get you in something fitting for King Logan's best knight." Reagen inwardly frowned but followed the older man as he left the room and led the green-eyed knight to another room.

Anna looked back at Reagen one last time as she walked off. Her head suddenly started to hurt as she rubbed it gently. She started to think to herself, that the boy in his dreams is real. Then she new she couldn't marry him if the man she loved truly existed. At dinner, there was a huge buffet set down at the long table. King Logan sat by Anna quietly. Marcus brought in a man, the special guest for tonight. This man had ocean blue eyes and almost golden blonde hair. He had the prince charming look that girls would go crazy for. Marcus introduced the man, "Everyone, this is Prince Xavier from the Lux Kingdom. He will be dining with us tonight, as the king ordered."

Xavier showed a devilish smile and bowed to the king. "Why, it is an honor to be dining here tonight. Especially when I finally get to meet the beautiful Princess Anna of Anima.." He gently grabbed her hand and kissed it gently

Reagen looked at Jarrod's back as the two knights went in the opposite direction that Marcus and Anna were going but turned slightly to get one last look, before facing forward. Even if she never found out that Reagen was the boy he could live with that, for her sake, and protect and love her like he promised all those years ago. "Should she even fall for another man I will stay by her side..." Jarrod sighed and shook his head while ushering the younger knight into the room to chance into clothing that would fit the new roles he now had. Once Prince Xavier had introduced himself, Jarrod strode threw the doors and bowed to everyone at the table. "May I have the honor to introduce Reagen Greenwish; the kingdom's youngest and best knight to serve under our King Logan."

Following the announcement, the young knight walked into the room with a serious but kind expression as all eyes turned to him. The suit Reagen was wearing drew attention to his green-eyes that seemed to pop while he made his way towards the King and Princess; bowing respectfully to them both. "My liege." He addressed the king and then Anna, "Princess." The knight smiled softly at her before a servant then guided him to his seat.

Anna blushed at the kiss that was stolen on from her hand. When Reagen came in, she couldn't do anything but smile at him. She thought back to earlier today, when he just handed her all his goods just for the sake of it. He let her go on and on about this boy in her dreams without interruption or assuming she was mad. He was kind-hearted and for that, Anna smiled as he walked in the room. Finally the wine was poured and the feast began. King Logan had a huge appetite, the more he stuffed his face with food. He pointed to Xavier, "This young man came just to see the princess married off." Xavier nodded, "Its nice to see such joy between two loved ones. I envy the both of you, I have not the princess to help rule my castle. I could just pick up any damsel from off the street to wed but..I believe marriage it for true love. Isn't that right, Princess?" Anna nodded speechlessly, confused on why he would say such things.

While the food was good Reagen didn't stuff his mouth but ate tactfully and talked with a young lord sitting to his left. His name was Dominic and the two had actually met during Reagen's training and instantly became the best of friends, often going out to the woods surrounding Dominic's home to hike and explore. When ever his friend made a joke, even a terrible one, the knight would still chuckle and the young lord would smile at his friend's good heart. Reagen often ignored his wine as he was not fond of the taste but took a sip while turning his attention to Xavier as he spoke. "If I recall correctly, I believe I have heard the Princess of Delira has lately taken an interest in you, Prince Xavier." The subject of true love was something of a touchy subject and he really didn't want to see what the prince was trying to hint at. "She's an old friend of mine, perhaps I could arrange a meeting for the two of you?" He offered while placing his glass down with a cheerful smile.

Xavier smiled back, ''As lovely as she sounds, I'm afraid i have to turn her away. I've always been interested into girls with kind hearts. A naive mind. And a warm smile. There's a princess who fits that those very same characteristics." He looked in Anna's direction and she blushed and smiled. As handsome and charming the prince was, there didn't seem to be a difference between him and the others. The other princess who had tried to marry her seemed to be just as charming and as handsome as Xavier. She knew she wouldn't fall for him. He seemed to be all talk. She looked at Reagen and her heart started beating fast, and all he was doing was talking. Why was she having these feelings? She wanted to save them for the boy..no, the man that was in her dreams. The thought that she would be wed before she even met the boy seemed to upset her, as she began to be quiet for the rest of the dinner.

It didn't take much for Reagen to instantly know who Xavier was talking about and it angered him. Before he could make some reply, Dominic gently touched the side of his arm and the knight chuckled while nodding his head. "Very well, she'll be a bit disappointed but I believe she'll find someone." The knight glanced at his old friend and the young lord blushed slight before he turned his attention back to the prince and princess. Seeing Anna was looking at him, he met her gaze and his eyes seemed to glimmer with curiosity as he smiled happily at her. "I also know a princess who meets them as well." He agreed while taking a glance at Xavier and went back to eating. But after awhile Reagen felt Anna was being withdrawn as she was no longer talking and leaned over slightly to whisper in her ear, concern in his tone and gaze. "Anna...are you alright? You seem upset, was it something I said, or if you need fresh air I can take you to the garden."

"I-It's nothing you said... Let's go to the garden." She excused herself, stood up and walked out into the garden. She sat on the fountain and started to cry. She covered her face out of embarrassment but that only made her cry more. She wiped her tears and weakly began to say, "I'm so confused.." More tears began to drip from her big brown eyes and she lightly shook her head, "I'm in love with a person I never met and yet..it seemed like if I did meet him, he'd be like you." She paused for a second and looked at him, "Y-You said you've met him before. Can you take me to him? I know you know him because the only person I would've given that doll to is Reagen-" She immediately stopped herself and whispered gently, "Reagen...That's his name. He had..the greenest eyes I've ever seen.." She looked at Reagen and gasped deeply as she slowly hesitated to put her hand on his cheek, "Reagen...Is..That you..?"

"Alright..." He whispered, getting up from his own seat after Anna excused herself and left. "Pardon me." He touched Dominic's shoulder and the young lord gave him a smile of encouragement before he followed after the princess. When she sat on the fountain, he remained standing and felt his smile turn into a sad frown as she cried. Every fiber of Reagen's being want to go to her and tell her everything was fine, he was here now and she wouldn't need to cry or feel sad ever again. "Oh..." She was in love with him, under the pretense he was another person and immediately stiffened when she said the boy would be like him and if he could take her to the man she loved. "Anna..I-" But when she said that name, his name, he took a cautious step back when Anna looked at him and gasped; reaching out to him. Taking a step forward, Reagen then moved so he was now close to her and squatted down slight so his head was level with her hand; pressing his cheek against her soft palm with a smile as a tear rolled down his cheek. "It's me...sorry to keep you waiting."

"Reagen! My love!" She holds him tightly in her arms and she cried even more as she kept repeating his name, "Reagen....My Reagen..I thought you were dead..." She held him so tight she was afraid if she let go, he would disappear again, "I love you so much..." Her tears were uncontrollable as they kept falling from her cheeks. She pulled back to look at him and kissed him deeply. "I love you so much.."

As the two came back into the feast room King Logan and Prince Xavier was laughing together. King Logan seemed a bit drunk but they kept laughing. King Logan smiled and Anna, "Ah! My daughter! I was just talking about you! Now, The Prince and I were discussing this whole, ''true love'' thing and well, it seems like Xavier is in love with you! Lets rearrange the marriage so you can marry someone who loves you!"

His eyes widened when she suddenly pulled him into an embrace, he thought she would have been furious. "Anna...I told you I'd come back...I promised didn't I?" His own arms wrapped around her and held the princess as tightly as she was holding him. "I love you too." Now matter how much the knight tried that one tear became many as they rolled down his own cheeks. Without anymore hesitation he returned the princess's kiss while squeezing her sides before breaking it. "I love you more..."

Seeing the state the king was in caused Reagen to arch a brow in curiosity while giving Anna's hand a gentle squeeze. "My King, you'll have to forgive me for how blunt I am about to be but...you're drunk." He pointed out and then looked at Prince Xavier with a glare before it vanished and his gaze returned to Logan. "And secondly, I do love Anna; I've loved her since we were children." Reagen then stated for everyone in the entire room to hear, his feelings for the princess was not going to be unheard. "Since it seems Princess Anna now has a second suitor, why not see which of us she would prefer to be with. My king?" He asked with a serious but respective tone.

Xavier gave the glare back at Reagen as King Logan looked at Reagen. Then at Anna. Then realized they were holding hands and Anna seemed passionate about Regean. He then nodded, "Very well. Anna, who do you want to marry?" Anna's eyes widen as she held Reagen close, "Please father! I..love him" King Logan nodded, "Okay then. It's settled. Reagen and Anna will be married!"

Anna kissed Reagen with joy and smiled at him. Xavier came to her and smiled, "Very good choice, my princess. Marrying the one you love. Here, a wedding gift." He pulls a heart-shaped necklace from his pocket and gave it to Anna, it was studded with diamonds and covered with silver. Anna looked at it, "How beautiful.." Anna tries putting it on until Xavier stopped her hands, "Let me, Princess.." He gently turned Anna around and put on the necklace for her, grinning at Reagen

Ah, it was nice to put a spoiled would-be-king in his place now and then. Especially if it was a sly one with a silver tongue and sweet words. But when the King agreed Reagen let out a soft sigh of relief; if it hadn't gone that way then the knight would have requested a duel for her hand then. Even though Anna had said it twice before hearing her say she loved him sent shocks through his body, and he gently squeezed her side when she held him.

Now paved in stone, Reagen happily kissed Anna back and grinned, his eyes shone brightly like never before. Even when Xavier came over the brightness in those green orbs did not die and the knight merely watched the prince as he interacted with the love of his life. "That is very kind of you, Prince Xavier." Reagen grinned back, no hint of anger or anything negative in his voice or expression. He actually seemed pleased by the gift, though it was obvious to him what Xavier was trying to do. "Pardon me though, I am curious." The knight turned towards his king, "How did the idea of Anna instead marrying Prince Xavier come about?" He asked and again gently took ahold of Anna's hand with a smile once the necklace was around her neck. Bringing the back of her hand up to his lips, he pressed a kiss against her soft skin. The other dinner guests 'awed' at the display of affection as they smiled at the couple and also grew interested in the knight's question.

Anna blushed and smiled and King Logan, still drunk, slurred his words and said, "Prince Xavier and his kingdom is known to have the best knights in their land. Some parts of their land even have witches who can casts spells. Prince Xavier said if Anna and he got married, our kingdoms would be united. Well, you are my best knight but I don't know if we were ever in a war that you'd be able to kill everyone on your own and not be killed yourself. I do need more talented knights and Xavier was going to offer that to me unless he married Anna.."

King Logan looked at Anna, "The sacrifices I make for your happiness.."

Status
Not open for further replies.