The Loved Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But isn't her happiness worth it?" Reagen questioned, giving King Logan and curious look as he thought about what he had been told. "As for the knight, witch, and possible war..." The knight trailed off, letting go of Anna's hand so he could draw his sword and hold it in front of him. "I have been trained by Don Lavinto himself, I am essentially a walking one-man army, of course I still have my limitations, and have been trained to kill witches and cut through their specials." He tapped the purple orb in the center of his sword's hilt. "I have trained with this sword since the start of my training, it as grown in size and strength by my side and has seen and fought many battles as my faithful blade." Sheathing the blade he began to address another subject. "As for Prince Xavier's kingdom having the best knights, to be honestly blunt; they don't anymore. I'll admit that back when Anna and I were children they were formidable but over time they have allowed this reputation and status go to their heads, their training is light and their swordplay is sloppy, as if they were recruits again, no offense Prince Xavier, but I have witnessed their training for myself. As for our lands needing more talented knights, I can assist with that my King, if you would allow me." Snapping his fingers, figures entered the room.

After a few moments, thirty young men and women around his age now stood behind Anna and himself, their heads bowed. "These are the other knights I trained with under my Master, despite my protest they see me as their superior and they would happily join our ranks if you would have them. I will also train the others knights if that would please you and help our kingdom." Reagen added, once again taking ahold of Anna's hand though it was shaking lightly from nervousness though he had a hopeful expression. He really didn't want to give away this much information with a possible enemy close but it seemed the only way to make sure King Logan didn't change his mind and force Anna to marry Xavier.

King Logan looked at Reagen and nodded. "Then its settled. If Anna is to married then it should be to who she chooses. As for Xavier...our kingdom will not reunite with yours." Anna smiled and hugged Reagen tightly. Xavier glared angerly at the two but he soon smiled when Anna turned to him. She said with a smile to him, "Thanks for giving me the necklace again.." He smiles and kissed her hand "Of course ..." He then kissed the necklace "It will be more beautiful tomorrow..." He started to walk off without another word.

Checkmate. Reagen thought to himself with a cheerful grin as he stood back up and went over to Anna's side, immediately feeling her hug him. Which he returned happily with a soft chuckle. When Xavier kissed her hand, three of the knights and to secretly take ahold of the back of Reagen's shirt to keep himself and not to anything, though the knight made no move to intervene and simply watched with a neutral expression that hid an evaluating and very receptive gaze. The knight sighed to himself while shaking off the hands holding his back. Then he looked at Anna and then the necklace, studying it for anything out of the ordinary. With the talk of witches he wasn't very trusting of this early wedding gift, though he wasn't going to voice it, it would likely be clear to Anna that something was bugging him; Reagen didn't want to lose her again. Tearing his gaze away reluctantly, he looked at the knights behind him, "Go unpack in the empty barracks, you'll be there from now on." In reply they slammed their fists against the spot where their hearts were and marched out of the room.

Anna touched the necklace in confusion. Was there something special about it? It doesn't matter, she knew Reagen would protect her. Having this thought, she turned to him with a smile on her face, "You kept the promise .." Marcus overheard this and chuckled, "Told you I was doing her a favor"

Reagen would have to keep on eye on that necklace and inform his new knights to keep their eyes peeled for anything odd. He didn't trust Prince Xavier, while the others were wrapped around his finger, he knew when a snake was slithering by. "Of course!" He grinned, thumping a hand against his chest in response, "I'd never go back on a promise I made to you." Then hearing Marcus' reply, the knight looked over at him and his cheeks puffed out slightly; pouting a bit. "I'm still not happy with you though."

Marcus laughed and nudged Reagen's arm, "You're still a child to me." Anna smiled and didnt let go of Reagen but..something was wrong. He was looking at her necklace, was there something wrong with it? She looked down at it and held the heart shaped necklace in her hand. Yeah, he was a flirt but Xavier wouldn't do something bad to Anna..would he?

"A child with a rather large sword." Reagen commented, raising a brow good naturedly, "Care to witness it first hand?" He then teased with a mischievous glint in his eye. Not that he would ever admit it aloud but he had actually missed bantering with Marcus when they were younger. But catching Anna out of the corner of his eyes he looked over at her. "Something wrong?"

Anna shook her head "Just lost in my thoughts" She smiled and held Reagens hand. Marcus grabbed Anna's arm, "Well if you two are going to be married then Anna has to get ready!" Anna's eyes widen, "W-What?" Marcus grinned, "You're going to be a bride right?! We have to get you a dress and plan everything! Lets go!" Marcus yanked Annas arm away from Reagen as they ran down the hall

"Okay then." Reagen gave Anna's hand another squeeze before he noticed another hand grab her arm. That got a curious look from the knight as he looked to Marcus, "Huh?" wait..if they needed to get Anna ready and plan out everything, then when were they planning this? "This is where I'll be taking my leave, My liege, before anyone drags me away." Just as he said that, Jarrod and Greg strode over and took ahold of his forearms. "Sorry, Reagen, but you need to get a set of ceremonial armor and a suit fitted." With a groan the young man was dragged away by his older associates.

Anna smiled happily, the day she has been dreaming since she was a child was coming true. Being Reagen's wife? The thought almost gave her a heart attack. Marcus dragged her into her bedroom and looked through her wardrobe, "Okay! Let's see what we have here!" He looked through the dresses, some of many. He held up a dress long white silk dress, "This?" Anna looked at it and shook her head and laughed, "Something with a bit more..fluff." They laughed together again then Marcus smiled, "I have the perfect thing for you..." Marcus left the room for a few moments. Before walking back in he shouted through the bedroom door, "Close your eyes!" Anna rolled her eyes and laughed then closed her eyes. Marcus came in, carrying a ballgown white puffy wedding dress and put it in front on Anna, "Okay, open them." When Anna opened her eyes, she gasped. "This..was my mom's dress." Marcus smiled and nodded, "You're such a good person Anna, she'd be proud to see you today.."

Anna smiled and blushed then put her hand on her forehead and groaned. Marcus rose an eyebrow, "Are you okay...?" Anna nodded, "Yeah I just...feel a bit dizzy.." She sat on her bead and groaned more. Marcus began to worry, "Do you want me to get Reagen?" Anna shook her head, "I'll be fine. I don't want him to see the dress.." The heart-shaped necklace began to glow and when it did, Anna laid on the bed, passing out.

"Do I really have to wear a suit of armor for the ceremony and then a suit when we say the vows?" Reagen groaned, feeling the gold and black pieces of mail placed on several parts of his body. "Of course, do you really think Anna wasn't to press herself against cold armor when you two have your first kiss as man and wife?" Jarrod asked and that got a pout from the younger man, "Good point." Once all the pieces were fitted correctly his sword was then added last and was now strapped vertically across his back instead of horizontally. "Do you'll think she'll like it?" Turning, he looked himself over and crossed both arms over the chest plate. "She loves you, Reagen, I don't think she really cares what you wear; as long as you two marry I believe she'll be happy." After hearing that his green eyes shone happily as they pulled off the armor and instead traded it in for a black suit, with a white collared shirt, and a dark blue tie that Reagen fixed once it was on. "I still can't believe I'm getting to marry her..."

That got a laugh from Jarrod, "I remember when you two where kids and you paraded around with your little wooden sword shouting 'I'm going to marry Anna, and I'll beat up anyone who tries to' I think this day was meant to happen since the time you said that." A blush from Reagen's cheeks but he smiled happily and nodded his head in agreement. "I hope I can continue to protect and make her happy."

Marcus touched Anna, "Good she's just breathing." He sighed and paced back and forth, "What should I do?" He looked at the necklace that was glowing, "She got that from Xavier...he has something to do with this..." Marcus called for Reagen, saying there was something wrong with Anna. He put Anna's dress away so Reagen wouldn't see it. He called for Reagen once again and shook Anna gently. With a soft moan coming from her pink lips, Anna began to wake back up. She rubbed her hear, "W-What happened..?" Marcus sighed in relief, "Thank God you're alright. You must've fainted, are you that excited for the wedding..?" Marcus laughed nervously. Anna smiled, "I guess so..just thinking about becoming Xavier's wife is making my heart beat so fast..." Marcus took a pause before repeating, "Marrying..Xavier...?"

Reagen had just switched out from his suit and back into the regal golden armor before he heard Marcus call out his name and something was wrong with Anna. Making his way towards the door, Jarrod accidently step in his way, taking the young knight by surprise and causing him to fall to the floor. "Ouch, what the hell?" Grumbling he got up from the floor with the older knight's help. "You shouldn't let her see the armor yet-" But he was already out of the room and racing down the hall as his name was once again called. A few minutes later he arrived at the entrance from Anna's room to see Marcus with a confused expression before walking over to them both, giving Anna a cheerful smile before looking at Marcus. "What's going on? From they way you were calling my name, it sounded pretty urgent."

Anna's eyes widen as she saw Reagen, "Woah Reagen you look...handsome. You're getting ready for my wedding? No doubt you'll have front row seats.." Marcus looked at Reagen sadly and confused, "She thinks she's marrying Xavier now..it's that necklace! Xavier has something to do with this!" Anna looked at her necklace, "Of course he has something to do with this. He gave me the necklace the day he proposed to me, don't you remember Marcus?" Marcus looked even more confused and looked at Anna, "What about Reagen...don't you want to marry him?" Anna looked at Reagen and burst out laughing, "Reagen?? He's only a family friend. Plus, why would I marry a knight and not a prince?"

Reagen turned to glance at Anna, wondering what her pause was about but offered her a smile before it immediately vanished. "Your wedding?" A frown appeared as he looked over at Marcus questionably. "What?" Suddenly his frown was replaced by a look of anger as he glanced at the necklace. "Anna, you just met Xavier today, you never proposed to you." The knight replied gruffly, trying to keep his boiling anger in check up the temperature seemed to rise slightly as a slight humming seemed to be coming from his sword. "Because this is actually our wedding, Anna, the necklace Xavier gave you is likely bewitched." He looked none too pleased but also incredibly serious as his usual cheerful and joking manner appeared while his right hand moved to grab his sword's hilt. "How much trouble would I get in if I chopped of his arm or head?" The knight looked over at Marcus, "That should make him tell me how to reverse that, or I simply smash the necklace with my sword and it absorbs the enchantment."

Anna's eyes widen, "I don't know whats gotten into you Reagen but you're not going to kill my fiancee! I love him!" Marcus looked at the necklace. He seemed just as pissed at Reagen as he reached and grabbed the necklace, trying to pull it off. He gave it a tug but it didnt budge, another and it didnt even seemed to be weakening. Anna swatted Marcus's hand away, "Stop it! I don't know what you two are talking about but I'm marrying Xavier whether you like it or not!" Marcus stepped back, too much in shock. As much as he pulled, the necklace would break, it wouldn't even come off Anna's neck. Marcus nodded, "Okay, you have my permission to kill him." Anna yelled angrily, "Marcus!"

"I know you don't love him, because fifteen minutes ago we kissed and you picked to marry me instead of him; that's the happiest moment I've had in years!" Reagen shot back, visibly snarling it out as the humming grew louder. Seeing the Marcus couldn't pull it off, that meant he couldn't use his sword to destroy because there was the chance of Anna getting hurt. He simply couldn't do that. There was no way he was going to lose her because of that or some spoiled brat who wanted his way. Nodding at his friend's reply the knight turned away from them and headed to the doorway, pausing to look at Anna with a sad gaze. "If you want me to stop then you'll have to have the guards kill me then.." With that he left the room and reached out with his senses to follow Xavier's trail. "I'm coming for you, pretty boy."

Anna stood in shock and looked at Marcus, "Marcus! What's going on, I don't know what he's talking about!" Marcus sighed, trying to calm down, "Okay..tell me what you know." Anna nodded, "Well, Reagen and I were childhood best friends. I missed him terribly when he left. So bad, I tried following him. That was a mistake because there was this man..with a black cloak who I guess, attacked me. All I remember is waking up at Xavier's castle. He took care of me, fed me..loved me. By the time Reagen came back, we were already engaged to be married.." Marcus shook his head as he heard this story, "This is all lies! None of this happened! Xavier didn't save you, I did! Xavier probably put false memories in your head.. You're in love with Reagen!" Anna shot back, "Will you stop saying that?! I know who I love and it's not Reagen!...I..I have to stop him!"

As Reagen contuined down the hall, the humming from his sword contuined to grow louder until he drew it, an eerie silence soon following. "You'll be able to have your taste of blood soon." The knight grumbled to his blade while tightening his hold on it. A few guards noticed him with his blade drawn and were about to say something until they felt the aura coming from the young man and quickly shut their mouths. Right now it seemed like the air of a beast about to rampage was coming from him and they did not wish to feel Reagen's fury or the cold touch of his mysterious looking weapon. Just as he reached the gates and walked outside, he saw Xavier as he was about to mount his horse but at the last minute the horse bucked away from the prince and trotted to Reagen. "Going somewhere?" He asked coldly, patting the horse's snout before making his way towards Prince Xavier. "I believe you owe me a wedding present as well; I think your head sounds nice. That is the penalty for messing with witchcraft to bewitch another for personal gain."

Xavier rose an eyebrow then laughed, "So, it works. Seems like I don't have to kill that old hag who gave it to me." He got off his horse, "Look at you. You're pathetic. Even if you kill me, that will only makes things worst...well for you. If you kill me, the curse will be stuck on her forever." He grins as he looked Reagen up and down, "But there is a way to break it,,just like every curse sadly. Of course, I'm not going to tell you how. The wedding is in three days. As traditional weddings go, we have our first kiss as man and wife. If she kisses me, the curse be permanent. Since I will enjoy watching you squirm, I'm only going to give you until then to break the curse." He mounted back on his horse, "Trust me..the curse, won't be easy to break.." He trotted away on his horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.