The Little One

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
William chuckled softly. "well, then I will have to read to you every single moment until you were filled with knowledge. Then I would buy all the paintings I could find and fill you with beauty. Then I would get all the musicans my kingdoms riches could buy and full you with emotion," he said his voice growing softer and fainter as he talked. William rallly meant it. His honesty was more than he could handle on a normal bases. It was good after a good nights sleep he would not remember a word he said.

Kira fell silent and still at this, even in his own mind- the words fell into it like pebbles in a lake, sending ripples out to the dark and quiet corners of his mind. Did he meant that? Did the prince truly mean to fill him with the knowledge Kira thought he could never have? To make him something more than what he was? Even if he knew this talk was fueled by alcohol, Kira couldn't help holding onto it. As the prince faded, the elf woke up further, half wishing William would keep telling him such things, half fearing them.

He felt the prince's heartbeat slow, and saw his eyes flutter shut, and knew he was out. Suddenly, a sense of loss filled the little slave. He knew William wouldn't remember what he had said while under the influence, and some part of him wished he would. For a moment, it had sounded so unbelievably beautiful. Now, Kira felt like he had been shown a light in the darkness, only to have it go out. He sank against the mattress, wondering why he had thought it possible in teh first place. Such things were not for broken vessels like him.

Rather than dwell on this and wallow in teh sudden ache, he tucked the blankets around William and sat up as one of the guards came in. Kira kept his head bowed, but he could see that the guard was gingerly checking William's injuries. The slave sat in silence for a long while, before finally getting teh courage to ask the question that had been on his tongue since they were pulled up here.

"Please…" he whispered. "May I…tend to his wounds?"

The guard seemed surprised that he should speak, but he didn't stroke out at the slave for doing so, as would have been expected of him. He remembered the way Kira had thrown himself protectively over the prince earlier, and perhaps that made him stop and ponder for a moment.

"Very well." he nodded, standing. It wasn't totally out of a sex slave's duty roster. Anyway, something told him this one would be very careful. The guard left for several minutes, returning with salves , bandages, rags, and a bowl of warm water. Hearing Kira's humble, whispered words of thanks, he almost found himself replying to it. But Kira was still a sex slave, and the guard ended up shaking his head and leaving the room to report to teh Captain.

Kira didn't mind, but turned immediately to his sleeping master, tending to him with gentle hands, knowing it would be less painful while he slept. At least he could do this for William, if he wasn't capable of much else.

William was asleep the whole time. He dreamed about reading to Kira and sleeping with him in his arms. He mumbled in his sleep after Kira hand finished cleaning in his wounds, "He was the past. You are my now." He rolled around some seeking warmth. He wanted Kira so badly not in a sexual way as Kira thought. He wanted him in a romantic way.

When he woke, he had a huge headache and grumbled. He remembered the fight but not how it ended. He remembered holding Kira but not what he said. He sat up and looked to Kira. "Did you sleep at all?" he asked worried.

Kira bit his lip, not knowing what to make of this….at least, not really wanting to delve too far into it. The prince's movement seemed to come from the dream as he searched for something, but Kira was afraid he would hurt himself, so he tried gently to keep William from moving too much. The little slave couldn't bring himself to lie down next to William, though he stayed sitting beside him, watching his master sleep. The slave's mind was too perturbed at the moment, and he was too unsure of William. When the prince woke up at last, he found he couldn't lie about sleeping, so he shook his head a bit.

"I….wanted to make sure you were alright, Ma….William." The elf looked down at the hands in his lap- there was a bit of blood under his fingernails from cleaning William's wounds, a few of which had been messy. None were serious, though, as Julius never intended them to be. This would all be seen as 'boys being boys' by the king.

"Should I get you something? Some water?" the elfling asked, turning to a pitcher and glass beside the bed. A few snippets of gauze and half empty bottles of salve were next to it.

William nodded and held his head. He had a pounding headache. He had to ask something. He was worried about the answer though. "What did I tell you last night? Alcohol makes me more honest than I care to be. I just need to know what you now know," said he. He hoped that he had not told about Henry being a sex slave mainly. His head hurt so bad that he could even process anything else hit that worru.

Kira had been filling the water glass, and turned to hand it to William just as the prince spoke. The elfling went pale and looked down, biting his lip, knowing he couldn't lie but wanting to.

"I…..I….do not….remember very well." he lied, grimacing inwardly because it was a thin one William would see through. Yet, Kira tried his best to go against a direct order, no matter how his training made him panic for doing so. He wanted to protect the prince, and anyway, things one said while drunk shouldn't matter, should they? Even if some of those things William said were nice to hear for a little slave like himself.

He held the cup a little shakily against his master's lips, encouraging him to drink. William looked awful, which was hardly any wonder.

William took a good drink. Then when his lips left the cup, he smiled softly. He knew it had been a lie but something about hearing the elf lie made him happy. Maybe it was that Kira had the will to lie now. He did not know where it had come from but it was good even if it was bad. He shook his head and as soon as he did held his temples. He groaned softly. "It must have been pretty bad for you to lie like that. I must have told you everything about Henry, what happened, why we were found out, and what happened after that," he said soberly. He wondered what Kira had thought about it hearing what all he went through for Henry. Then something inside him told him that he had not spoken that much if Henry.

Kira didn't have the will to lie, so much as to try and protect the prince. That was a rather ludicrous notion in itself, but he was going to try anyway.

The impulse to help was strong enough that, when William clutched his head, Kira reached out, concerned, just stroking the area a little. His wide eyes were concerned, and he was about to ask if his master wished for anything medicinal, when the prince's statement caught him off-guard. His hand retracted, and he pulled back, looking terrified. Being caught in a lie usually brought severe punishment, and even William sounded angry, though perhaps that was just the pain. Kira didn't know, but his heart slammed against his chest for a few moments.

But William kept talking, and when Kira caught teh words, his fear shifted to wonder. William hadn't told him as much as he thought, but he was revealing more now, without meaning to. The elfling had the brief impulse to tell him to stop for his own sake, but he'd already lied once, and that seemed like too much of a breach for even William to tolerate. He waited for the prince to go silent, before speaking.

"M….W…William." he murmured, his voice shaking a little. "Please, you are not well. You…did not tell me much last night. You fell asleep. There is….there is nothing to worry about." His fingers brushed the side of William's bare arm, where he wasn't injured. "May I bring you something for your head?" Unless the prince wished to talk more on the subject, Kira was perfectly willing to forget what had happened. He didn't want his master to be troubled about him, or what he thought. It was too strange a concept...

William pushed a smile through the pain and a small chuckle. "Yes, thank you," he continued, "Maybe I should have gotten beat up earlier. You seem to have a lot more emotion than the other day." William had noticed the concern in his eyes. He noticed the way Kira seemed to really want to care for him. He wondered what he had said to Kira. He felt like it was something that he probably needed to be more honest with himself about. He had no idea though. He was happy he had told Kira whatever he had. This was a huge step he felt.

Kira bit his lip and looked down at this, not knowing what to think or feel about it. The more he was in William's company, the more flustered he became. If this new behavior had anything to do with William's declaration last night, even the slave didn't know. He had no idea what it was like to be loved, and didn't really trust the concept.

Sliding off the bed, grateful for a moment to get away from the prince and try to clear his mind, Kira padded over to the door and looked out. A different guard from the night before was there, keeping watch. Such precautions were only taken because the prince had been injured, even though everyone knew who did it, and knew the prince's cousin was not going to try anything more. Yet, a guard was still posted, and he glared at Kira for waking him from his nap. The little slave was so used to it he barely noticed, glad that was all the guard did. Such men were not above boxing slaves about the ears, or kicking them, if they felt like it.

As he reached the bottom of the stairs, Kira found the innkeeper near the door to the stairwell, speaking to some of the patrons. The slave hung his head modestly, hands clasped before him, waiting as patiently as he could for the man to finish. Even on an errand for the prince, he had to be careful not to anger those above himself in station. Still, as the conversation was turning into a long one, and this was for the prince, Kira finally felt he had to get the man's attention. Taking his sleeve and giving it a few nervous tugs, Kira was not surprised to get an elbow in the face. That may have been because the innkeeper was much taller and genuinely didn't see him. Or the new bruise forming on his pale cheek was purposely given. Whatever the case, he ignored it, and bowed low before the man.

"Please, sir, my master feels unwell. He sent me to get a headache remedy." Innkeepers specialized in 'morning-after medicine'.

"Wait here." the man nodded, moving quickly and not giving teh slave a good beating for interrupting him because it was the prince. Even orders given through slaves had to be obeyed. Kira was glad to be given a tray of things and sent up with no further injury, and even a message of concern from the innkeeper after the prince's health. By the time Kira got back to the room, he was even feeling slightly cheerful because he'd been useful and had only got one bruise today.

"Master?" he greeted William that way, in case others were listening. "Master....I have brought you some medicine." On the tray were several tonics for various things, from headaches to nausea to flushing out the bowels. All the wonderfully disgusting things one had to take after a night of drinking.

William waited patiently to Kira not being able to think much through his terrible head ache. When Kira finally got back, the first thing he noticed was the bruise. His anger rose slightly in his throat. "Who did that to you?" he asked with light anger. He reaches out, found the tonic for headaches, and quickly took some. Then he stared at the bruise awaiting a response. He then scooted over lightly and patted the spot beside himself asking Kira to join him. He knew it would be a little before he was up to travel.

Kira flushed, looking down with a worried expression. No master ever noticed such things before, except, of course, if it meant their property had been mishandled. Unsightly marks were usually kept from the faces of pleasure slaves as it decreased their value. William, however, seemed genuinely angry for Kira's sake; that was what threw the elf into a bit of a dither. He didn't want trouble, and he couldn't be sure the man had done it on purpose. It didn't bother him that much anyway, and William seemed to be getting worked up over it.

"I bumped into someone, William." he said quietly, sitting down and placing the tray on the bed. It was essentially true.

Not wishing to focus on the subject, Kira soaked a clean rag in the bowl of cool water on the trey, and squeezed it out, looking at the prince. "May I lay this on your brow to cool your head?"

"Please," he said dropping the last subject and thankful for the offer. He laid back again. He began to wish he had a book with him. The thought of reading to Kira was stuck in his head. He did not know why. He thought it might have something to do with a dream. He then asked, "Would you mind if I read to you sometime?" He then thought for a moment and wondered if Kira knew how to read. Henry had once told him it was hard to come by books and reading as a slave so many did not know how to read at all. "Do you know how to read, Kira?" he asked politely.

William would feel the cool of the rag against his brow, as Kira gently laid it over his skin, and then gentle fingers checking over his injuries. The elfling was actually glad to be of more use in honest ways, and though he wasn't quite smiling, there was a look close to contentment on his face.

"I would like that very much, William." In spite of these words, which were true, Kira's expression shifted slightly, tending toward something a little darker and more pained. William's offer was like the one from the night before, where he promised to read to teh elfling until his empty mind was filled. Was he remembering those words now? Kira didn't know if he wanted the prince to remember that part or not- it seemed like an impossible fantasy anyway.

To the next question, Kira's pale brow wrinkled. "No, I do not." He turned to look at an ugly bruise on the prince's side, not wanting to show William how ashamed he was of his own emptiness. "It is against the law to teach pleasure slaves to read." No master ever cared enough to want to flout the law. In reality, Kira had taught himself a little bit, but barely as much as a child would know. Even to William, he didn't dare reveal the truth.

William felt relieved by the rag. He felt happy at the idea of reading to Kira. Then hearing that he could not read hurt William some. He shook his head. "That must be a new law. I will pretend like I do not know the law. I am teaching you," he declared in a very powerful way. He looked forward to spending many days in books with Kira at his side. He hoped he could be patient enough with Kira.

Kira's face lost all color at this. It was easy enough for a master to 'ignore' the law, but a slave would still be punished for it. Not that Kira could argue- William was his master, and the elfling had to go along with what he wanted. The prince was trying to do what he thought was good, but he didn't understand the realities of being a slave. Not that it was his fault that the world was terribly imbalanced. William had problems of his own, in his own sphere, and Kira had his. The two were not meant to converge. For some reason, William was trying to make that happen, and even Kira didn't know exactly what the consequences would be.

Once done checking over William's injuries, Kira smoothed the rag over his brow, watching him in silence with a veiled look. For some reason, as he lay there, William's beautiful features seemed more prominent than ever. Kira didn't know why he should be thinking this now, but he had to admit that he liked to look at the prince. It wasn't just his pleasing arrangement of features, though, since Kira had had his share of good-looking masters. For once, this one had inner beauty, which seemed to shine through. Kira found that fascinating, even if he didn't understand why it was that his master drew his gaze. After a long silence, Kira found himself speaking.

"Why do you wish to break the law…to teach me to read?" There was a pleading note in his voice, though emotionally subdued.

William relaxed in the long silence hanging onto the thoughts of teaching Kira what the words on the page could tell. Showing Kira where tey could take him. It all sounded amazing in his mind. Then Kira questioned William and he let out a chuckle. "With reading you can become more learned of and to the world. I feel your mind has great potential and I feel you will love the places reading can take your mind. Do not worry about the law. No one will find out and you are not going back into the system," he said sitting up and patting Kira in the head. He did not know why but he felt more attached to the elf than ever. It was starting to way on his min lightly.

It sounded nice in theory, and Kira couldn't stop a little leap of the hart as hope made it rise. Yet, he knew 'the system' too well to be duped for long by his own escape fantasies. William, however powerful he was, was not a king. If his father decided the little elf had to go, no one could do anything about it.

Still, the sentiment was so sweet, and Kira wanted so much to believe it, that he couldn't help thanking the prince in his own way. As William's hand retreated from patting his head, Kira's fingers closed around it, and he gave the top of it a soft kiss. Then, turning it over, he pressed his lips to the inside of the palm. Words were not enough, and anyway, he was feeling his throat constrict with emotion. William was so kind…even if he was impractical and idealistic at times, Kira found his heart swelling a bit with gladness because of it.

(I admit, I would love, at a later date, to have Julius 'borrow' Kira- without William's permission, of course- and abuse him off-screen, so Will has to go on a frantic search, and finds Kira and sees the aftermath. I know, I'm terrible O_O)

(I like really dark stuff. That sounds great. I think William might kill him though. Maybe he should be king then.)
(I am sorry for what is about to happen)
When Kira kissed his hand, William realized what he had been feeling this whole time. He immediately stood up. "I am going to go take a bath now," he said. He walked out of the room and he told the guard he was going to the bath house. The gaurd then accompanied him down there. He was scared for what he was feeling. He quickly undressed and got in the bath.

(Hahahaha…dark stuff is fun XD And that would work- Kira would be more attached to William then, and way more ashamed at being seen after he's been violated, because of course he thinks it's his own fault.)

Kira sat back, stunned, and even a little hurt, though he knew very well he had no right to be. The prince was clearly not happy with the slave's method of thanking him. But then, Kira thought about what William had said the night before, which had terrified him, but now just confused him. Had William not meant his declaration at all? It was possible- he had been intoxicated. Maybe he had been thinking of Henry, but got confused, and said Kira's name instead. That would explain why the simple kiss to his hand disgusted him so much. If that was the case, why didn't Kira feel comforted by the idea? Why did it matter? He should be glad William didn't want to be touched by him….yet he wasn't. Had he angered his master by stepping out of bounds? That would be a first, where touch was concerned…

The slave remained on the bed long after William had gone, his pale face pinched with worry and fear and confusion. Then, wanting to do something to distract himself, he began to tidy up the room, but his mind couldn't help going over and over every word, every look, coming to no better conclusion than when he started.

(Kira won't follow him into the bath unless William orders him to. He's just going to stay behind and putter until the prince returns XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.