Eldos Anlitar

Race:

Human (Gondorian)

Height/Weight:
6'1'' | 196 lbs

Place of residence:
Minas Tirith

Brief description of appearance:

Shoulder length light-brown hair, fairly thick stubble around the jawline, dark brown eyes, and a thick, plain face. Eldos has been wearing heavy plate-armour, initially with little skill, since he enlisted in the Gondorian military forces and as such has developed a very sturdy and muscular build. Though his age has started to show through various frown marks which are visible all of the time on his forehead.

Picture of character:
son-of-Gondor-boromir-15002853-603-842.jpg

Weapons:
Gondorian broadsword

Other supplies:
100 gold pieces, Gondorian plate armour

Greatest Strengths:

Eldos is a great tactician as well as a mighty infantry-man.

Greatest Weaknesses:
Little to no skill with a bow, fool-hardy, rash and stubborn. Once he has decided on something there is no reason with him or changing his mind on said subject.

Personality:
Very judgemental and sometimes nigh-impossible to get along with. Mistrusting of none human races due to the lack of them residing in Gondor.
He only ever really feels at home on the battlefield.

Backstory:

Eldos was born in Minas Tirith and has lived there his entire life, he has never had any desire but to follow in his father's footsteps, against his mother's will, in the Gondorian army. His father had died many years before in an Orc raid against Osgiliath.
As a young boy Eldos and his friends would practice sword fighting with sticks, as children do. However as they grew up he picked up a real sword in it's stead, whereas the rest of his friends chose different paths.

As a teenager he enlisted in the Gondorian army, travelling across the Gondorian territories, and sometimes into Rohan under his captain hunting down the many Orcs hosts, which had stooped to pillaging and banditry with no-one to lead them. At the age of 20 he had reached the rank of Methîr. At 30 he was picked and promoted into the Guards of the Citadel, where has has remained ever since. Often participating in the various swordplay competitions the city holds.

Writing sample:

The smell of blood filled the air, one he had come accustomed to, one that he would soon miss, Eldos focused his eyes and could see the silhouette of ragged humans running franticly towards their company, lit against the backdrop of the burning village behind them. No, not humans. He thought as the creatures got closer. Orcs. He lifted Glarsung, his sword, into the air as his commander rallied the troops. Offering comforting words to those new to battle. His sword shone against the rays of the sun as he dropped it back down to his side. This would be his last battle before being transferred to the citadel.

The slapping of leather boots against the cold stone of the citadel's steps pulled Eldos out of his dream. He often fell asleep at his post, not that he thought there was anything wrong with that. The city was safe, there was no host of orcs great or organized enough to attempt a siege, and the problems of the lower city, if ever there were any, were not for the the Citadel guards. He regretted accepting the position here, sure it was a great honour. But the noblemen were safe in the city, it was the poor farmers and common folk outside of the cities that still needed protection, he'd take any opportunity to be back out there. The footsteps were closer now. He stood up straight, resting his hand on the hilt of his sword and lifting his chin as a thin man turned the corner and scuttled up to him. The man peered at him for a moment before asking ''Eldos Anlitar?''
''Aye.'' He replied.
The man reached deep into his pocket as he continued ''I have a letter for you.'' He produced a small, crumpled envelope and placed it in Eldos's free hand before scuttling off in the direction he had come from.

Eldos ripped the envelope open revealing the parchment inside. Taking the letter out it was not written in a hand he recognised. ''Gandalf...'' He whispered under his breath, eyes opening wider as he read. One of the Maiar? Calling for me? He held the letter tight in his hand as he turned and marched off to find his superior. Though he knew he wouldn't need official dismissal for this.

Dialogue colour:

I would have followed you, my brother, my captain, my king.

Wow nothing happens in this thread for days then suddenly 3 pages come up XD

LOL!

On my temp, changing back to human. In my rush on reading the races of humans now residing, I misunderstood and choose the wrong type. So, changed that again for N'dette.
If I get it figured, I'll fix it. If not, then...meh...she'll live regardless.

@Chivarable, accepted! And even though you said WIP, I still think this is acceptable. You got everything, even though they are short, but nobody said that your info had to be really long. So, accepted.

@Phi Chisym, that's fine. Better to do it now than when the RP actually starts. :)

Announcement: As soon as @Domotoro finishes his CS, I will post the IC thread.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Also, sorry to double post, but we have to work out how they are all going to meet up with Gandalf. They can do 1 of 2 things.

1. Gandalf can go around and pick up the members of the party one by one, or.....

2. They can all meet up in the same location and go from there. Thoughts? Also, if you have a different method, please share it! :)

I say we meet at a certain location. It gives our characters time to interact at first.

Also, sorry to double post, but we have to work out how they are all going to meet up with Gandalf. They can do 1 of 2 things.

1. Gandalf can go around and pick up the members of the party one by one, or.....

2. They can all meet up in the same location and go from there. Thoughts? Also, if you have a different method, please share it! :)
I say we meet at a certain location. It gives our characters time to interact at first.

Also my Chara will be in Gundabad to the farthest north of the Misty mountains so that'd be quite a trek for poor ol' gandalf

Or, there can be a mix of both. Depending on the direction and where Gandalf is at the start of the story, the members that are close to him, he can meet. The others are at the location where they are to begin.

I've always noticed how stories tend to die with the typical 'meet at local tavern' thing; repetitive greetings and awkward coincidences, or unbelievable timing... All the members don't have to meet up at the very same time. Some can meet Gandalf there, others meet on the road going too the point of arrival, and others can meet as the group leaves out - like waiting on the outskirts for the group to pass rather than entering town.

This way, the start of this doesn't stale quickly; there's someone new entering in at various times, and the whole 'getting to know you' moments don't drown us all at the start.

@Phi Chisym, that seems like a good plan. Once @Domotoro finishes his CS and we know where his charrie lives, we can plan more accurately how they will meet. Since Gandalf was last seen departing for the Undying Lands, he could reappear really anywhere in Middle-Earth. Then we can plot it from there. Or, we can just skip the whole meeting part and go straight to the beginning of the quest, where they have already joined together and are now formally starting the journey.

Or, there can be a mix of both. Depending on the direction and where Gandalf is at the start of the story, the members that are close to him, he can meet. The others are at the location where they are to begin.

I've always noticed how stories tend to die with the typical 'meet at local tavern' thing; repetitive greetings and awkward coincidences, or unbelievable timing... All the members don't have to meet up at the very same time. Some can meet Gandalf there, others meet on the road going too the point of arrival, and others can meet as the group leaves out - like waiting on the outskirts for the group to pass rather than entering town.

This way, the start of this doesn't stale quickly; there's someone new entering in at various times, and the whole 'getting to know you' moments don't drown us all at the start.

Why am I drunk?! D':

@Phi Chisym, that seems like a good plan. Once @Domotoro finishes his CS and we know where his charrie lives, we can plan more accurately how they will meet. Since Gandalf was last seen departing for the Undying Lands, he could reappear really anywhere in Middle-Earth. Then we can plot it from there. Or, we can just skip the whole meeting part and go straight to the beginning of the quest, where they have already joined together and are now formally starting the journey.

I actually kinda like this idea, not meeting skips the whole awkward first bit entirely, we could just talk to eachother about how our characters met and liked each other at first and yeah. Kinda for that idea.

well I am just writing his back story and writing sample over... (Inconsistencies ~Grumble Grumble~) But I have the blog here...
Click meh =3

@Domotoro, accepted when all is finished.

So, now that we have all the characters, we all need to decide on how they will meet. It will affect the opening post of the IC thread. Also, Gandalf is going to be a permanent NPC. He is such a big part of the story, but no one person can control Gandalf.

I need everyone's thoughts on the meeting place! Except for @Bitterblue, @Erranruin, and @Phi Chisym, who already shared their opinions.

I think it would be best to skip to the start of the quest and just do prequels if anybody wants on how they met and who they like ect. Saves time and less likely people will get bored with the meet and greet part. Just my opinion tho :-)

I understand Gandalf being a permanent NPC he is a vital character. Plus he'll be fun to tease lol

@Bolour Kardia, that is what the majority of people want to do so far. So, that is what we will do. Now, where should we start? All of our characters are from different regions...

@Lilpuff/ @кετรยεкí - Mirkwood

@Bolour Kardia/ @Bitterblue - Rohan

@Phi Chisym - Ossory (A population in the northern portion of Gondor)

@Cry - ???? (Never stated, though I'm assuming The Shire)

@Urdnot Grunt - Dol Amroth

@Erranruin - Mount Gundabad

@Chivarable - Minas Tirith

@Domotoro - Glittering Caves

...so we need a location close to that of all or most of the characters. They can all meet somewhere near Fangorn or Lothlórien, or around there, as those are some of the ore central locations to all the residences, but what do you all think?

(This map was very useful, so all of your charries now own a copy. Just say it was enclosed in the letter. ;) )

How about we start off in Edoras? We could go meet Eomer's son! 8D Elfwine I think was his name

That seems like the middle area right? Although I suppose its pretty far for our hobbit.

Pretty far for Thrask though, poor guy, but he's a Dwarf he can deal.

That seems like a good place. And the hobbit can make it, although they may need to stay overnight to regain their strength. So, does everyone think that Edoras is good? Or another place?

That may work well. And I love that map!
We can, if wanted, actually mark our paths and see which charries ours will actually run into.

N'dette's coming from Losarnach, which (I see that this map is more accurate that the one I had), is located south east of Gondor... But, she'll have to go through Minas Tirith before reaching Edoras. She might run into Chivarable's charrie on her way.

So, possible, if there was a way for the members to recognize another letter holder, then they might share the trail there. That'll build interaction, if only a little to spare time, and make it easier to deal with meeting the entire group later. I mean, it's easier to get to know a group of people, when you already know one of them.

Reactions: Lilpuff
Im cool with that doesn't seem too far from Rohan. Maybe Scarletta will meet up with @Bitterblue's character on the way?

@Phi Chisym, that is a great idea! Maybe the map is enchanted so that the movements of the other members are tracked, like the Marauders Map. That way, they know the name of the person they are meeting, and they know they are really with the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this feeling that people may meet Thrask on the way there but then decide to just... ignore him until they have to meet XD

Except for our new dwarf, he'll want to talk to that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.