The Light of the Ring (A LOTR Fandom RP) OOC and Sign-ups [SIGN UPS CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bolour Kardia and @Cry

Ok, so the colors are figured out, right?
BK= This color, correct?
Cry= This color, correct?

Also, sorry for blowing up everyone's alert box with color suggestions. :D

This color But thats close enough for me lol

Aarg, I can't get it right. You know what you want, so I'm just gonna drop it. :)

-_- Ok, thank you for letting me know. Just make sure you change it in your CS.

Oh yea! I forgot about the one per person. I just was running with what I had. I think though, cause I don't want to deal with too many charries.

(Even though, if you need someone to come up with NPC's throughout the RP for whatever reason, I'm packed full of them).

I'll only have him follow her to wherever she goes to meet up with the group. Mainly, what he's doing is gathering clues to what she's doing and then returning to report to her father.

That's about it. It's a set up for something more later in the RP, if things run well and if I get permission when the time comes. I like creating twists and turns that helps to move RPs forward...of course, with permission of course.

Oh, ok. That's perfectly fine. I was just making sure you weren't making him come along in the entirety if the quest. He's fine doing what he's doing for now. And if we ever do need some NPCs later on in the RP, I will be sure to ask you. :)

I would love to be a part of this ^^, Just let me compose my CS and so many Elves, but I have a question. Are Dúnedain's allowed? I mean...Dunedains are types of Men...

@Lilpuff my name is Bitterblue, not Bitterblie XD you have it as Bitterblie on the first page :P

@Urdnot Grunt, yes they are allowed, as they are a type of man. I will have to edit that in the acceptable races sheet for anyone else with the same idea as you.

@Bitterblue, oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I'll change that right now! O////\\\\O

Woo! I will begin working on my CS shortly ^^

First Ketsu now Grunt is stalking me! Lol jk, surprised you 2 are into LOTR =D

This is making me want to rewatch the saga....again XD

[fieldset= The Birth of a Character]
[dash=hotpink]
Slot taking:
Female slot 5
Name:
Isabelle (Isa) Irandelle
Race:
Half Elf
Height/Weight:
H-5'5 W-150
Place of residence:
Rohan
Brief description of appearance:
Isa is of average height and weight. Her eyes are the bluest blue that one would ever see, and her smile could light up a room. Her long brown hair flows down her back in thick, curly locks. Her slim body attracts many unwanted eyes her way, no matter how hard she tries to dress down.
Picture of character:
34195084bed226c4416bfde7f49a2389.jpg

Weapons:
Arucane (Living fire):
cea0930626423b8fa8bb5799aebb8e7f.jpg

Gala (Scream):
a9cfdacf6b00462abc34e1aa0c624592.jpg

Other supplies:
1 | 2 (No one knows what it says | and a few gold coins
Greatest Strength:
She's an amazing swordswoman, and very good with her bow. Her kindness as well, she loves people in general and always thinks the best of them.
Greatest Weakness:
Hand to hand Combat, without her weapon
Personality:
Isabelle, Isa to her friends, is a kindhearted person. She is kind of sheltered, so she is a bit awkward around people she doesn't know. But once you get to know her, you'll find she is a genuine sweetheart. She gets nervous when talking to other people, so she often says the first thing that comes to mind, and then second guesses it and tries to cover it up, and it becomes a big mess. But she means well. She's also good at strategising, and teaching the art of the sword. Not much is really known about her, because she was kept from society by overprotective parents.
Backstory:
(It's short and mysterious, just the way I like it ;)
Isabelle's mother is an elf, and her father is a human. They fell in love a long time ago. Elora, Isa's mother, had given Malik (her father) an enchanted necklace that slowed his aging. It would give him a lifespan twice as long as a normal humans, but not as long as an elfs. It was the best she could do. Isa had stopped actually growing around the age of 20.

Isa was an extremely sheltered young woman. Her parents were terrified of what would happen to her if they would let her loose, or interact in society. So they decided to keep her to themselves. Growing up, Isa's father, Malik, taught her how to use a sword. She was an attentive student, and became an expert swordswoman. Likewise, her mother taught her the art of the bow, and of magic. While she isn't skilled in magic, she can do the basics.

Growing up in a sheltered home, Isa longed to see the outside world. Longed to meet new people, longed to be free. But love for her parents held her back, until one morning, she received a special letter.

Writing sample:
Isabelle was training with her father, who was driving her hard. Isa had whispered a word of the ancient language to place a temporary dulling spell on the swords they used. Rendering them harmles as hard sticks. Malik had gotten past her defenses and Isa was desparately trying to regain her defense. Retreating swiftly, Isa's foot caught on a rock, sending her to the ground. Before she could recover, Malik's sword was at her throat. "Never lose your guard, it could cost you your life." he said moving back and offering her a hand up. Isa smirked slightly. Her father was the only one she knew who was even able to beat her in a swordfight anyways, she was pretty much the best swordswoman in town.

Grabbing his arm, Isa got up, and brushed the dirt off of herself. "You know that wasn't my fault. Who had cheated?" she said with a smile. She knew full well the rules they had would not apply in a real fight, but hey. It was cool. Saying a word in elven magic, their swords returned to their normal, deadly appearance. "I'm famished, let's go see what your mother has for supper, shall we?" Nodding, Isa sheathed her sword in the sheath that goes across her back. Walking in the door, a delightful smell filled her nose. It was then that a gigantic growl arose from her stomach. Laughing heartily, Isa walked up and asked if her mother needed help. Stopping in her tracks when she saw Elora's face, Isabelle saw an envelope in her hands. An envelope addressed to her.
Isabelle Irandell
Was written right across the top. The envelope was of curious material, like animal skin. It looked ancient. Elora turned to face her daughter. "Now, who do you know well enough to receive a letter such as this?" she said before making a move to open the envelope. Anger and annoyance rose in Isa's chest. She was sick of being in the house all the time, sick of being sheltered. Before Elora opened the envelope, Isa snatched it from her hand. This earned both a shock and an angered look from both her parents. "That isn't any of your business. I will read my own mail, privately. Now leave me alone." she said, her good mood ruined.

"Get back here! It is our business, because you are living in this household...." Isabelle didn't hear anything else, for she had run to her room and shut the door.

Isabelle flopped down on the mat that was her bed. She broke the elaborate seal, and opened the letter.
Dear Isabelle,
As you may or may not have heard, although much of Middle Earth probably has by now, word another Ring of Power was discovered, deep in the many tunnels and dungeons of Mount Doom, long after Frodo and Co. (as they are so often called) defeated Sauron and left him as just a dark spirit with no control. You see, the legend tells that before Sauron completed the One Ring, his colleague Celebrimbor created one more Ring of Power to go along with the 19 others that were forged. It is told that this ring was kept secret from Sauron, as Celebrimbor did not want him to gain control of all of the rings that were created. Thus the 20th Ring was kept hidden, and may still exist today in the treacherous depths of Mount Doom.

Unlike the One Ring, which was combined with Saurons great malice and evil, this ring was joined with the purest of hearts, cleansed and purified to the highest extent. The ring, made of pure gold, was crafted with the intention of stopping Sauron if his ways with the One Ring got out of control, hence the name "Ring of Light." Sadly, the ring was never used, lost in the mountain before any use could become of it.

Many generations have passed, and the old legend has picked up again. Word has traveled fast, and many greedy souls with unsavory intentions have begun to search for the ring, hoping to use its power for their own good. Which is why the ring needs to be found and protected, at all costs.

This is why you have been chosen. I am sending out a party, along with myself, to go and search for the ring in Mount Doom, and you would be a perfect addition to the company if you should choose to take part. After all, this could be your chance to have unspeakable power, matched only by the One Ring. That is, of course, only if you want to be included. Who knows, maybe you think this to be an old wives tale, a story told to little children before bed. And you are correct, that may be the case. But you never know until you try.

Best wishes, Gandalf the White

Isabelle's eyes grew wider with every word she read. Gandalf. The name sounded familiar...Think Isa, think. OH! she suddenly remembered. She had met Gandalf on the way back home from the market. He seemed a charming guy, wore an old hat. She made up her mind. It was about time for her to leave. It was about time for her to escape her parents house, even if she did love them deeply. She quickly got her traveling bag, and stuffed her meager belongings into it. Pulling her travelling cloak over her back, Isa strapped Arucane to her hip, and strung Gala on her back. Strapping on her travelling boots, she deemed herself ready.

Exiting her room, she walked up to her angry parents. When they saw the way she was dressed, hey immediately started yelling at her, or more precisely, lecturing her. Gathering up energy from within her, she spoke a single word. "Dina." ((Be silent in the elven language)). Her parents were suddenly silent, not able to make a sound. They moved their mouths, trying to talk, but no sound came out. Anger poured from her mothers eyes, but Isa ignored it.

"My turn to talk. Your turn to listen. I will release the spell if you both promise to let me speak, uninterrupted. Are we agreed?" Calming down once they realized she only wanted to talk, they both nodded. Releasing the spell, Isa took a deep breath. "I'm leaving. I'm going on a journey that I have been personally asked to participate in." Malik and Elora moved to speak, but a look from their daughter shut them up. Handing them the letter, Isa continued. "Nothing you say will make me stay, so please, support me in this. I love you both, but this is my chance to travel, see the world, to meet new people. I can't stay here forever. You know that."

Isabelle was finished. Malik immediately came and pulled Isa into his arms. "I knew the day you would leave was coming. I love you." Elora, on the other hand, was livid. "I forbid you! I forbid you to leave! You think you can just expect me to let you go with a stranger? No way, Isabelle. You are my daughter, and you will not disobey me." Elora grabbed Isa's arm to drag her to her room, but Isa yanked her arm away, earning herself a shocked look from her mother. "I'm not a kid anymore. That won't work, mother. I told you I'm leaving, and nothing you say will change my mind. I will go with, or without your blessing." Isabelle pleaded with her mother, her eyes begging her to give her blessing. But it was not to be. "If you leave this house, you will not come back." Isabelle closed her eyes. She wished it wouldn't be this way, but it had to be. "So be it." she said, she turned to look at her father, and she leaned into his embrace gratefully. A tear slipped down her cheek. "I love you, Papi." she said, using her childhood nickname for him. "She just doesn't know how to let you go, she loves you, you know. Please come back safe, okay?" nodding, Isa stepped backwards.

She turned and walked out the door, headed out for the unknown.

Dialogue color: "I love you, Papi."

[/dash]

[/fieldset]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Ledoc Hador, #80ff00

Slot taking: Male #2

Name: Ledoc Hador

Race: Dúnedain

Height/Weight: 6'0"/180lbs.

Place of residence: Dol Amroth

Brief description of appearance: Ledoc is taller than the average male, but his body is lithe with muscle. Taut over him like wires on a piano. His hair is of a light brown, curly and going down to his shoulders. He has trained his body to be a Ranger, able to take down enemies with quick precision and focusing more on stamina but not forgetting about needing some strength in case they get too close. His eyes are a brilliant green, resembling that color of an emerald. He has the beginning of a beard.

Weapons:
Longsword:
[spoili]
db00ab1e20ac1707bb184658a644ad52.jpg

[/spoili]
Bow:
[spoili]
MCI-2445-1.png

[/spoili]

Other supplies: Quiver, Small pack that holds his few coins and food, Knife, An old Necklace passed down by several generations of Dúnedain.

Greatest Strength: He is well rounded in fighting, archery, hunting, tracking, anything a Ranger would need to be.

Greatest Weakness: Once he gains the high ground, he gets cocky and never backs down and one day it could be his downfall.

Personality: Stubborn, Quiet, Arrogant, Sincere once you crack through his exterior, cares for animals.

Backstory: Ledoc was the child of two Dunedains, this resulted him in being a 'pure' Dunedain himself. Growing up in Dol Amroth was boring to say the least. His Family trained him to be a Ranger like most of his kind. Growing up he learned and practiced what he was taught, but nothing major ever happened because it was mainly Bandits he had to fight and thwart off. (Short History :P)

Writing sample:

Time seemed to come to a complete stop as Ledoc began to draw back the string on his bow. The arrow notched, one eye closed as he stared down the shaft of the arrow, seeing the target only a few yards away. As soon as the arrow was drawn back, he held his breath and released the string. The arrow flying from the string towards his target, life seeming to come back to full speed. Adrenaline, it made everything seem different. Made it seem like everything was louder and your sense of time was slower. The arrow flew through the air, cutting through it and planting it's pointed tip deep into the back of the man. The man that Ledoc just tracked down and killed was a murderer, one that had already killed four victims before running away from Dol Amroth, but Ledoc tracked him down to this farmers field.

~~~~

It was a day's journey back to Dol Amroth, but Ledoc made it in time to see at least an hour of daylight before the sun began to hide away and the moon began to shine. Letting a long, drawn out sigh, Ledoc took a seat on a carved wooden chair, pipe in hand and glanced up out of his window to the sky. A pile of mail lay in his lap since he just returned and wanted to relax. "Well, let's see what we have now..." he stuck the end of the pipe into his mouth, holding the bottom of it with one hand while the other hand began to pick up the letters.

"Hmmm...what is this one?" Just the few couple words caught his interest and he continued to read on. Gandalf was still around? He heard legends that the man was only here to make sure Middle-Earth was safe and if that meant he was still around then something was afoot. He finished the letter and surely wanted to be a part of this adventure but one thing he noticed. There was no location to go if he wanted to help. Would Gandalf come to him? Just know were Ledoc is and bring him along? Something was strange and he couldn't put his finger on it.

Dialogue color: "Well, let's see what we have now..."

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
I have a question regarding age: Are we allowed to compose a character over 1,000 years old? (This would be directed towards Elves. For example, Legolas was hinted to be 3,000 and Arwen was a little over 1,000.)

@Bitterblue, accepted! I love her backstory.

@Urdnot Grunt, accepted. He seems interesting, and I'm excited to see another male join the ranks!

@кετรยεкí, yes that is allowed, as elves are virtually immortal and can live to any age in good health.

;o; nuuu all the female spots are taken .___.

probably a good thing I cant be taking on more roleplays but arghhhh I wanna do a lotr roleplay so bad sO BAD SUCH A MIGHTY NEED

I could make a dude.........

but Lady dwarf....

But badass dude dwarf......

I will think on this, put me down as interested ^_^' sorry for busting in and disrupting your OOC

@Erranruin, I will keep you in mind. And it's fine, you would actually liven things up by putting yourself down as interested in a dwarf, since that is the only race we don't have any charries from. :D

@Erranruin, I will keep you in mind. And it's fine, you would actually liven things up by putting yourself down as interested in a dwarf, since that is the only race we don't have any charries from. :D

Dwarves <3

Dwarves get too little love

... you know what put me down for a male slot, I'll get up a Dwarf 8D

A grumpy dwarf who's really annoyed about the amount of elves everywhere

Haha, ok. This should be fun, 2 elves and 2 half-elves versus a dwarf. ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.