The Library

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright now back to this! XD

I will reply to the Lobby by this Wednesday! I swear it!

Hm, it's my turn again?

No, wait. It's @Alphakoka

But yeahno there's a couple things I ran into last week that have been occupying me. Internship was disapproved (after initially being approved) so I need to find a new one which is likely to be nigh impossible. I'll put more thought into you-know-what later.

*chews on Kestrel's shoulder*

I think he needs that, go for a leg. It'll keep him from walking away from the keyboard for a while.

@Fallenreaper @Alphakoka @Valeric @Potatocat @chukklehed

Alright. Here's the concept. Before I put it up, let me know if there's any questions, comments or feedback. Alternatively if you want something completely different, let me know (and why) also.

Paralogues​

Paralogues are, in a way similar to the Lobby, stories that be written happening in parallel to the events of the main IC. In these paralogues, players can have their own missives and lead their own stories and other players can join them at their wims. So if you want to explore something that doesn't fit in the main thread and is more structured than the Lobby, a paralogue might be the solution for you.

Essentially, think of them as mini-RP's within the Library's world.

To set up a paralogue, write up a premise and ask if other players are interested in running it. Yes, it is that simple. However please note that, in order not to screw with continuity, you cannot harm or kill other players their characters. As I won't be supervising them personally (although I might join them with my characters) there also won't be awards. The point of these paralogues is simply to explore characters outside of the boundaries of the main IC.

If you're new to leading stories, here are two useful references;

Also if you have ideas for paralogues, you may as well start throwing them out now ;)

Sounds good to me.

Add on:

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alright, @Alphakoka you have two options: follow the barkeep or not. If you chose not to, it will be a long while before he emerges again carrying the broom and pan. However if you do follow him, you'll end up gaining some information as well though depending on how you do that scene could end Mime up into trouble. :p [/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
I think I'll hold off for now, maybe tag along on somebody else's

Post is finally up. I meant to do it sooner, but stuff.

EDIT: Also updated OP with paralogues, so they're a-go. I also noticed that the forum update fucked a ton with the code, but it's more or less up to scratch now. Also, rules and characters have been moved to their own tabs. So, huzzah(!)

Last edited:
Hey Kest, strictly speaking, Vignar was asking Emily if he summoning a ghost is a viable plan. :v

Hey Kest, strictly speaking, Vignar was asking Emily if he summoning a ghost is a viable plan. :v
Well, if it helps, Em was going to say yes. I was just debating on how to write that without literally being a max of 4 lines... So Kestrel actually helped out a lot.

In addition, she is really starting to hate Vignar's ability right now.

I'll try to post for Wanted: Liaison soon. Gotta to try to put Arlette around somewhere again.
Waiting for others in the other. and Andre's still jobless. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.