The Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Request

Guys.
I have a problem.
See, I'm building a town called Satori Village. But I dont know where to find a cool map for the village so we'd all know what it looks like and how to move around about it.

Can any of you help with visuals and maps? >_<
I also tried to best describe where you'd find it on the map (based on the use of the BOTW map I posted)

I can draw maps pretty well. I could probably help in that regard.

-
20032096_502185826795013_2755981224819556478_n.jpg
20031840_502185873461675_5072339605450371101_n.jpg
-​
Basic
Name: Ripley
Nicknames: Riper
Sexuality: Meh
Race: Rito
Appearance
Hair: Long and un-crept
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 5'11
Weight: 86 lbs
Piercings:
Tattoos:
Personality

Traits: Self sacrificing, Loyal, cool and level headed
Sociability: Not one for small talk, Is protective on young and the smaller races
Likes: Tech, People who don't talk much, Quite sunny days, cats
Dislikes: Cheese
Fears: Death, lizards
Relationships
Biological Family: None living
Significant Other: NA
Character Story:
Other
Favorite Food: Grilled Fish
Favorite Color: Sky blue
Favorite Animal: Cats
Writing Sample:
Inventory
x

Reactions: Grim.
This Is almost everything I have so far with my character Ripley, I have her back story set but want to finish her sketches first

Reactions: Solar and Takumi
I just came up with the idea that Rotar's small body is probably too weak to command an adult horse..
Since he's a Kokiri I thought it'd be cool that his favorite transportation would be riding around on deer and other wildlife.

Dice systems are fully explained in the 2nd post.
The randomization dice system (meant for me only) is also explained, incase you'd like to know how random events are triggered within the RP.

Later this week the entire plot and mission sequencing for the RP will be filled out in the spoilers section.
Also, the triggered side missions will also be explained in a spoilers section.

If you don't want any spoilers and just want to go through the RP surprised at every corner. Go ahead. The very first post will b e an up-to-date sort of "prompt" section as to where we are in terms of Hylia's Request AND any occurring side missions going on.

A lot of the side missions are taken from other Zelda games, with my own touches involved. So they may or may not feel familiar. But I'm sure we'll all enjoy them because the context and happenings are different. I'm really trying to put together a finished/fleshed out Zelda RP universe here, so I hope you enjoy ^.^

Also please please please, any critiques or criticisms are 100% welcome.

Sidenote for myself when I read this later.
If this RP does work out well, I'll save this system format to create other RPs too.

~Solar

PS. This RP is definitely beginning by this week. Hopefully most if not all of our characters are ready.

Most of the 'side quest' randomization parts have been completed.
If you dont mind spoilers, check em out.
I really like them. Let me know what you think.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll finish them and begin the main quest synopsis. And then we'll begin.

Alright. As GM, I believe I'm ready to begin the RP.
The first 'plot point idea' is up.

Here's how I'd like to begin.

Feel free to show as much of your characters life before 'Hylia's Dream' comes to them.
Their struggles, lives etc. You know how it goes. The dream in specifics is outlined in the 2nd post, where I'll be updating the 'main quest synopsis' regularly.

This plot point is called 'Hylia's Dreaming Guidance', a supernatural dream distrupts your daily lives and calls you to the forgotten temple, guided by Hylia's servants in spirit form. Choose whichever animal you'd like. Be as mystical and cool as possible with your imagery. Like really pull out all the stops. :3

There is one problem though.
And I did mean to bring this up throughout my world building but..
Hyrule is big. Really big. So um..how do we RP travelling between two very far off places while keeping it interesting for you all?

For example. Getting from Gerudo Town to Forgotten Temple is a pretty far journey.
Perhaps characters meet each other along the way. We can all pre-plan that here.
So. Using the interactive map, we can plan our routes and where we'd meet up and how our character reactions would be.
Alongside any weather conditions that may occur.

That being said.
Happy RPing. I'll be setting up an IC thread right now, and commence the first post ^__^

"Go Bring Peace to Hyrule."

OPEN SIGNUPS - The Legend of Zelda: Hylias Request (IC Thread)

PS: Some GM Plot posts will have music. Only so that you know what I wrote each post to. I think it's coo'.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Tarieles and Takumi
First Post is Up.
Feel free to RP ^.^

Post may or may not include pictures and other media. Feel free to just be creative here.

Reactions: Tarieles
Updated my first post a little bit to make more sense.
You're given a map by the golden spirit, which will lead to a mysterious place where the Forgotten Temple is located.
Its best to decide where your character is and plot some sort of 'course'.
Granted, the golden spirit does fade away by sunrise.

I just noticed that the "Forgotten Temple" should be..yknow..forgotten.
So I assume no character is aware of its location, thus the map.

Breath of the Wild Interactive Map

If you need to locate it, use this interactive map.
You can also use Google for images of BOTW's landscape for inspiration.
There's a search bar in the upper left corner that'll make it easy for us to search stuff up exactly.

• Useful
Reactions: Takumi
So here's what I'm thinking...
Rotar can really use a travel buddy. Is anyone willing to meet on the way to The Forgotten Temple and get some RP going? (After some more entry posts get in?) ^.^

I'm having Rotar sweep up and steal tiny items from travelling strangers etc.

After some more entry posts get in?
You might need to tag some folks. The notif that you've started this might not have gotten through to some folks

Reactions: Solar
Rotar can really use a travel buddy. Is anyone willing to meet on the way to The Forgotten Temple and get some RP going? (After some more entry posts get in?) ^.^

I'd offer up Isla, cause he doesn't mind kids, but I gotta look at the map again.

Solar

I think I'm closet to you, though the forgotten temple might be between us, I'm unsure exactly where it is. Could we get a screen shot or something of where the X's on our maps are?

Reactions: Red Thunder
Ive been a bit sick after my 5 day vacation. As of now though Im back.
Ill give us a location to meet up at so our characters can interact. Throw a random event in there.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Alright. For adventuring purposes, Id be down to have Rotar meet some characters at the 3-way intersection at Faron Woods.

(Using the search bar in the upper left corner and type "faron woods" will take you directly there)

Naturally Rotar doesn't tend to walk on roads, he usually travels through the bushes out of pure habit. It seemed like a central enough location for some characters to have wound up by? Let me know guys!

Alright. For adventuring purposes, Id be down to have Rotar meet some characters at the 3-way intersection at Faron Woods.

(Using the search bar in the upper left corner and type "faron woods" will take you directly there)

Naturally Rotar doesn't tend to walk on roads, he usually travels through the bushes out of pure habit. It seemed like a central enough location for some characters to have wound up by? Let me know guys!
Shahd being on horseback, she might be able to make it. But it's a long damn way from Gerudo Town to Faron Woods, so it might not be feasible.