The Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Request

S

Solar

Original poster
882508-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-nintendo-switch-screenshot.jpg

"Go Bring Peace to Hyrule"

Hyrule is on the precipice of being freed at last. The Spirits of the Champions have been freed, and although our Hylian hero doesn't quite remember who he is, he makes a step closer to realizing his full potential once more in the face of the Great Calamity....

The Era of the Horned Statue
Long, long ago when The Goddess Hylia still roamed the lands of Hyrule, word went around that a powerful entity living deep within the realms of Hyrule dealing in power, long life, and wealth in exchange for favors and contracts.

This didn't sit well wit Hylia, and so she used her powers to seal this entity away in a horned statue in an attempt to mend it's ways over the passing eternities. Ages have passed and with the rise and fall of an Ancient Hatred, Hylia's seal has grown weaker and weaker with time. The rise of the Great Calamity has broken the ancient seals placed on The Horned Statue--giving rise to unheard of ancient evils that once roamed the land since the early days of creation.

With the Hero of the Wild slaying the leader of the evil Yiga Clan, Horned Statue Feratus is now in business selling powerful capabilities to the allies of Calamity Ganon and is growing size and threat--a threat that Link cannot face while also holding back the Calamity.

One day you are woken in the night by an ancient dream--a fire covers the land of Hyrule as the Calamity is aided by the power of Horned Monster Feratus, guiding the Yiga Clan to destroy the Chosen Hero once and for all--forever plunging Hyrule into darkness. Yet balls of light come forth from the corners of Hyrule--from each of the major civilizations that govern the land. The Gerudo, Zora, Goron, Hylians, Korko, Deku, Rito from all over the land light up and come together at the face of a Goddess Statue with one phrase whispered deep into their subconscious.

"Find me, and I will guide you"
This is Hylias request--that each race gather its strongest heroes to go on an epic quest to stop the Yiga Clan and re-seal Feratus before it gets out of hand.

Here's an interactive map of the BOTW version of Hyrule
Breath of the Wild Interactive Map
You can easily see what any of the highlights look like by going online. It'll save us all the writing since we are all using the same source material (the game). There's one thing to note, however. Since Hyrule in this RP is busy rebuilding itself from the ruins, there will be Sheikah-based steam technology--boats, primitive airships and what not. Some key areas will be either rebuilt or in the process of doing so--somewhere along that spectrum.

There is rumor that the technology labs around Hyrule are collaborating with putting together a large railroad that may help people cross the vast landscape even faster than on horse!

Places of interest
Rauru's Fortress Settlement: Rauru's Ruins and Hill Settelements were transformed into a stake-out soldier-built village/town to keep a close eye on the calamity. Although some families are being raised here, the majority of the town was built for military purposes.

--> Arrow Practice
--> Sword practice
--> Armor and Weapons Shop: Hylian Soldiers Only
--> Rauru's Inn
--> General Store: Bomb arrows, Arrows,
---> Hylian Brothel & Bar

New Castle Town (Forest of Spirits at Great Plateau)
8f0be0492964392b084ff0f5fc5d6f44.png
When Castle Town was destroyed and the Royal family was destroyed, Hyrule lay in utter chaos. Until then, Hylians relied on the Royal Family for guidance. Until now. A large forest filled with Koroks and Kokiri were burnt to the ground to make way for The Hylian Republic's "New Castle Town".

This was a small-scale conflict between Hylians and the spirits of nature. Eventually, a truce was made in a joint effort to scale back the Calamity at hand. Although the Spirits of the forest have moved on, many Kokiri are without homes.

New Castle Town was built around a "Grand Exchange Terminal", a small village with a large Clocktower ticking in it's center. The town makes its money off of selling exotic goods, with a yearly carnival to celebrate the good harvests of the year.

Civilians don't typically wander outside of the town's large, staggering walls. Firstly, they're guarded by soldiers round the clock. Secondly, scary monsters are always out and about the Great Plateau!

Places
--->General Store
--->Clothing and Dye Store
--->Baking Good's Store

-->Hylian Eats Restaurant
--->Building Construction
--->Grand Exchange Market
--->Banks
---> The Hylian Bureau
---> Lumber Yard
--> Water Resevoir
--> Watch Towers/Hylian Wall
---> Castle Town Underground Sewerage System

I'm using Varrock from Runescape as an inspiration here. And the map for that town will work as bible for the planning of the town. Varrock, if you are unaware, is a very brick-based village with multiple mounds of unbuilt houses within the city. So is NCT, New Castle Town. If you need visuals, go on over to Google or ask me for help. Think of it more as a 'small city'.

There was a tall staircase-like bridge, guarded by 16 soldiers, built to scale the walls of The Great Plateau. There are huge doors on each end, only regularly letting in "cleared" citizens through. New Castle Town is also barred off by large walls itself, protecting the civilians from the outskirts of the Great Plateau.

grand_exchange_location2.png

Satori Village
The South-West of Central Hyrule.
The small village was built on the base of Satori Mountain and Safula hill. This place is called Nima Plain. Legend has it that a sage who died long ago sometimes appears on the top of Satori Mountain...

latest

Creation
Before Time, Three Goddesses created Hyrule from the chaos that it once was. Din, the Goddess of Power, with her flaming arms, cultivated the land and created the Red Earth. Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, poured her wisdom unto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore, Goddess of courage, with her rich soul, produced all life forms that would uphold the laws of Nayru.

The Goddesses left behind a symbol of their divine power--a triangle made of three smaller triangles called the Triforce--in a parallel dimension of The Sacred Realm. As a relic of omnipotent and omniscient power, the Triforce can only be mastered in whole by one who possesses equal measures of Power, Courage, and Wisdom. Should someone get hold of the Triforce without this balance, the Relic would be shattered and the world thrown into darkness. The person would only be left with the element of the Triforce that they most possess.

The Skyward Era

With time, a powerful demon Demise, in his greed, desired to seize the Triforce for his own gain. The land of Hyrule was overrun by demons, forcing the earthly goddess Hylia to join the tribes of Hyrule in war against the demon king and his armies to protect the Ancient Relic.

Demise was sealed within The Temple of Hylia, which would become The Sealed Grounds. As a contingency to Demise's ultimate release from his seal, the Goddess Sword was placed under careful eye in Skyloft, set to awaken to the Chosen Hero at the time that Demise's seal would be near deterioration.

In order to continuously reincarnate alongside Demise's cycle of return, Hylia gave up her divinity to be reborn as a Hylian herself. Her name was Zelda.

The Hero of Time

Hylians populated the land with the destruction of Demise, descending from their Skyloft to build up what would become Hylian civilization. With the promise of Demise's curse--one that would lock Hylia's spirit, Demise's hatred and the fate of a Chosen Hero to be in an eternal battle, The Ancient Sages had converted the Sealed Grounds into The Temple of Time.

Here, the Master Sword would act as the key to the Sacred Realm which acted as the new hiding place for the Triforce. The Master Sword, sword of evil's bane, was locked behind The Door of Time, only capable of opening once three Spiritual Stones were presented alongside the Ocarina of Time's 'Song of Time'. The stones were protected by the major races of Hyrule. The Sages watched over the people. The Royalty, protected by the Sheikah Tribe--servants of Hylia--lives prosperously. Hyrule was at peace.

With the passage of time, The Triforce was shattered and Hyrule was thrown into darkness by Demise's reincarnated hatred--Gerudo thief Ganondorf. With the Triforce of Power in his hands, Ganondorf was capable of keeping the Ancient Sages in deep sleep while he reigned over the land of Hyrule. But a chosen hero would rise to repel this dark entity--The Hero of Time, wielding the Master Sword and banish evil once again alongside The Seven Ancient Sages to return the Triforce to its completed state. Ganondorf was sealed once again.

The Era of Twilight

With news of the mythical Sacred Realm and the omnipotent Triforce came a state of civil war as people sought to gain access to the realm and power within. A group of dark magicians, called Interlopers, crafted a powerful weapon--The Fused Shadow--in an attempt to seize control of the Triforce for themselves.

The threat and power of the Fused Shadow became so large that the Gold Goddesses instructed the Light Spirits, guardians of the provinces of Hyrule, to banish the Interlopers to a land of perpetual twilight. This became the Twilight Realm, and these Hylians evolved into the Twili race. Their Fused Shadow had been shattered into four pieces, each protected by a Light Spirit.

The Mirror of Twilight was the only portal to and from Hyrule and the embers of Twilight.

The Great Flood

Ages after the Era of Twilight, the seal on the Sacred Realm was weakened and Ganon had returned from the Hero of Time's seal to return once again. The people prayed to the Golden Goddesses without answer, hoping that The Hero of Time would return to save them once again. There was no answer, and Ganon once again ruled over Hyrule.

The people had no choice but to appeal to The Goddesses. In response, the Goddesses flooded Hyrule to stop Ganon's reign. The surviving populations cultivated the highest lands of Hyrule, which now was The Great Sea.

The remaining parts of flooded Hyrule castle were destroyed with the power of the Triforce and Ganondorf had sunken with it, allowing peace to return the seas and a new Hyrule to be created from the new land. This becomes the Hyrule we know today--the Hyrule decimated by Calamity Ganon for 100 years.

maxresdefault.jpg

Calamity Ganon

Throughout the ages of Hyrule a re-incarnated form of ancient hatred has always been fought back and sealed away by a Chosen Hero and a Wise Princess. Hyrule was a prosperous nation with developing technology that allowed them to cultivate the land and protect themselves from even the harshest foes.

It would only seem logical to use this great technology to prepare against the inevitable return of Ganon's cursed rage. Thus, the Hylians built The Divine Beasts--mechanical wonders piloted by highly skilled 'Champions' that would work alongside the Chosen Hero to fight back the Calamity.

They also built the Guardians, autonomous robots capable of great firing power. Together with the Princess' ancient light and The Hero's sacred sword, the Calamity was bound to be sealed away.

But the Hero failed. Calamity Ganon returned quickly before anyone was truly prepared. Surging from underneath Hyrule Castle, Ganon quickly corrupted The Guardians and slayed the pilots of the Divine Beasts. This caused the total destruction of the civilization of Hyrule as the war against Calamity laid the land bare and in ruin.

The Hero was slain in an attempt to save the world. In a last minute effort to salvage what remains of Hyrule, Princess Zelda hid the Master Sword deep within the ancient forests and used her light to temporarily keep Ganon at bay within Hyrule Castle for the next coming age. Link would remain in The Shrine of Resurrection before awakening to return to his new fate as The Chosen Hero---if he can remember what happened 100 years ago.

Since then, the Sheikah had retreated to their simpler ways, leaving the technology they have developed behind as the Hylians shunned them for becoming a threat to the land. Enter the Yiga Clan--a sect of the Sheikah that turned their backs on their roots to swear allegiance to Ganon. Their goal? Destroy anyone who opposes the rule of the Calamity--including the resurrect Hylian Champion who inevitable destroys their leader.

The Rules
Writing Expectation

This RP is primarily character and plot designed. While combat and action/adventure elements alongside a LOT of different types of themes are sprinkled in, it's important to remember this isn't a guns-blazing-tank-character RP.

This RP works the best when your characters have a sympathizing back story than can be intricate woven into the land of Hyrule. There's no need to play it safe, since this isn't Nintendo's Hyrule--get as 'real' as you'd like to be.

Of course, before your character is allowed to enter the RP it will be filtered through me so that I can give suggestions that (if you choose to use them) allow them to be either:

1) More fleshed out for the RP universe
2) Easily capable of being woven into the plot.

Showing vs Telling, and being Visually Expressive
Try to remember that showing the reader is more powerful and less boring than telling the reader.
If you don't know what this means, check this out before you decide to join.

LESSON - The Art of Showing Versus Telling

I encourage you to be visually and artistically expressive within your RP posts.
Breath of the Wild is a very visually expressive, romantic portrayal of nature, with individual blades of grass folding over in the wind as they reflect the dewy sunlight. It's important to write in this visual style and add an element of magical realism and romantic gesture.

It's the difference between riding through a desert at night on horseback.
And plowing through the sand while golden specks of dust wisp into the moonlight.
Or...whatever. You get it right?

Oh. Feel free to add media like pictures or music if that so helps you. I know it does for me.

Info-Dumping & Word Economy
This is just my opinion. But I've experienced this quite a bit on text-driven RP's.
I personally dislike reading very long paragraphs that are over-detailing, over-telling and use personal character details as a crutch for their descriptive parts.

Simply put. I emphasize that this RP should be an exercise in showing, not telling. Ten paragraphs should not describe one general scene or motif. If you're character is training in a dojo room, its the difference between:

Sarah was in her gym room training. She was sweating and panting while she made her way for her water bottle, having just trained for hours on end without stopping.
"I've got to train more.." she said. "But I don't think my body can go on.."
+ Insert back story about how her mother died in the hands of the Yiga clan
+Insert her childhood and her entire life story for the next 10 paragraphs

and

The back of Sarah through was dry while she panted through her mouth. The humidity made the air hard to breathe in through her nostrils, a heavy scent of worn faux-rubber mats and lysol spray made it harder to feel at rest. Her head pounding in sync with her heart, and the back of her tongue caked with thirst.

She limped on her right ankle, forgoing her water bottle going towards the rack of rusted metal weights. Her hands smelt like blood--and she could taste it somehow between the salty sweat making its way past her lips.

I think you can see which is more proffered for this RP.
Try to write with all 7 senses.
Taste, Touch, Sight, Scent, Hearing, Kinetic, Organic.

Kinetic simply means, your body in relation to the outside world.
Like the room spinning in a hazed blur when you spin around.

Organic simply means, your bodily sensations.
Like a headache that reaches behind your eyes and the left part of your head.
Sensative to light, everything has a yellow-y hue..and your heart feels squeezed as it skips every other pulse.

Character Development (CS)
Name (First/Last)*
Race
Weight
Appearance: (Pictures/Description)
Gear/Equipment*
Personality/Temperament
Character Story

*If Any

At least for the beginning of the RP, your character will either have no equipment at all, or if they do (due to their character), there will need to be a logical explanation for all of their gear.

Gear can and will be able to be broken in this RP.
You typically start out with gear only found in the regions your character has been to or came from.
I'm pretty lenient with this. It's just a way of making sure we don't have any OP characters. You will get better gear and grow as the game progresses, which is why being powerful or at advantage at first isn't very important.

Feel free to manipulate and use ANY Legend of Zelda lore to fit your character any better.

My GM Style
I'll also be playing the 'character' of Hylia and certain key 'NPC'-like elements to better promote a sandbox-like atmosphere for the players.

Random events, weather conditions, the guidance of Hylia, appearance of any random enemies to mix it up. How will I decide? Don't worry. I've got a pretty good way to randomize the world for us. I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Legend of Zelda: Hylias Request
IC THREAD HERE: OPEN SIGNUPS - The Legend of Zelda: Hylias Request (IC Thread)

"Hylias Dreaming Guidance"
A strange dream...a white-hot fire burns from Hateno village, consuming the forests and people in billowing embers. The blue eyes of an ancient demon stare upon the land, but out from the corners of every Great Civilization of Hyrule comes a bright sacred light, bringing the blessings of the undead shiekah with them to The Forgotten Temple of Hylia.

A golden figure whispers to you.

"Find me, and I will guide you."

You finally awaken, drenched in cold sweat. Your heart struggles to pound heavily--weighing your chest down to the floor on which you slept. Outside, a brimming light peers through to your resting place. In an ancient tongue it says again, bouncing away leaving golden specks of stardust in its wake.

The golden dust re-assembles itself, becoming a parchment paper with the map layout of Hyrule. An X is marked in the most Northern corner of the ridge between Central Hyrule and Hebra Mountain. The X glows in the same way. The golden spirit runs in the direction of the Temple, dissappearing by sunrise.

"Please, follow me. The Goddess Hylia Smiles Upon You."

Dice System Rules
The dice system is used for major combat posts that are not pre-planned by any of the players involved. That means, when random fights happen, this dice system will act as a prompt for you to play around. There's more of an opportunity for improvisation and chance rather than your character always being in the perfect fighting scenario.

How the Dice Work
You roll 2 Dice Per Combat Post. Every time your character makes a major attack, follow these rules.

Dice One: Determines your hit status (Miss/Fail, Effective Hit, Critical etc)
Dice Two: Determines weapon and shield status (Useful, Damaged, Near Broken, Shattered)

Notice how the prompts didn't tell you in which way you failed, landed an effective hit or damaged your blade. Because that's creatively up to you. Combat is more about how you do it than what got done. Think of it as a journey.

Dice One (4 Faced Dice)
1--Miss, Failed (Opponent Can Dodge or Counter)
2--Somewhat Effective (Opponent is Grazed, Can Counter)
3--Effective Hit (Good Hit, Opponent Couldn't Dodge)
4--Critical Hit (Major Blow, Opponent Left Winded)

Rule of Thumb:
2 Somewhat Effective Hits: 1 Effective Hit
3 Effective Hits = 1 Critical Hit
3 Critical Hits = Knocked Out

Explanation
This means if you land 2 somewhat effective hits, it registers the strength of 1 effective hit.
When you land 3 effective hits, it registers the power of 1 critical hit.
When you land 3 critical hits, your opponent either dies or is knocked out depending.
Death's of major characters must be planned.

Mind you this is primarily for major combat triggered by main opponents and larger enemies in side missions. Or, if need be, trying to take down another player's character. You don't have to roll dice if you just want to whack someone on the head with a tree branch and have it hurt really bad.

Dice Two (4 Faces)
1--Weapon is sturdy
2--Weapon was slightly damaged
3--Weapon was chipped
4--Weapon shattered

Rule of Thumb

There's no "rule of 3 hits" sort of thing with this dice.
If you do decide to use your shield, I suggest you also roll the dice and follow suit though.

"What happens if my weapons keep getting shattered!?"

My answer: perhaps someone will lend you their weapon, come in to save you, or you'd need to start being resourceful.

Randomization Rules
These rules are for me. So feel free to skip them. Y'know..if you're not me.
But if you want to see what goes on behind the scenes. Welcome!

The rules of randomization are put in place to keep the RP flowing at a pace at all times.
Something is always happening, even if it's passively so. A 'dice menu' will be made numbered 1-9. Each of the 8 slots will be listed various side missions, quests, or occurrences in nature that are pre-planned by the GM. The dice is triggered when I want to. The rest is outside of my control as to when something on the menu happens.

As side missions are completed, slots will be changed.

Randomization Dice Menu
1--A Blood Moon Rises Tonight
2--A Harsh Storm Occurs (Thunder,Sand,Snow,Harsh Seas)***
3--Light Drizzle & Rain
4-- A Beautiful Day
5--
6--
7--
8--
9-- Roll Twice

Latent Environmental Events
Feratus Yiga Clan Attacks
Strangers Attacks
Robbers or Enemies Ambush (Enemies Chosen by GM)***
Nearby Guardian is Activated
A Comet Falls from the Sky

General Rules
1) These items depend on the geographical location and time***
2) Numbers 1-4 are unchangeable and are weather conditions
3) Roll Twice is optional, but you can't accept a "roll twice" two times in a row.
4) Two weather conditions cannot happen at the same time, with the exception of the Blood Moon. A "Roll Twice" event is intended to trigger weather and side quests at the same time.
4) Numbers 5-8 are filled with latent events or side quests.

Missions Triggered by Randomization Dice
Spoilers!

The Horse God's Fountain:
A powerful raid of Feratus' Yiga Clan members raids the group. Items are stolen and your horses/pets/animal friends are slain for their meat. You must appease the Horse God at its fountain. Alas, the Horse God has been corrupted by Calamity's power. You must defeat the Evil Hoss, a mechanical undead horse--a creation evil enough to keep the Horse God's power at bay. Only after finishing Evil Hoss' challenge, will the Horse God awaken to bring your steeds back.
"The Spirit of a Horse is Freedom, and thus I've taken that away from Hyrule."
Eventide on Blood Moon:
A Blood Moon will rise tonight. Korgu Chideh's second blessing challenges you to survive one day and one night on Eventide during the Blood Moon. No weapons, steeds, armor, shelter or food--only the produce of Eventide Island.

Beware, by night time, all of your slain enemies will revive and become stronger than before. Chideh's blessing:
The Great Flame Blade will be granted to one member of the party.

The Great Bridge of Hylia
A powerful band of Bokoblins, fueled by Feratus' power is camping out and harassing travelers on The Great Hylia Bridge. Around 20 tents have been set up to make a small military outpost of Bokoblin, Moblin and all forms of enemies who plan on raiding New Castle Town for its riches with their new power.

Your job? Camp out. Stop them.
Involuntary Event: The Great Bridge is destroyed by a great bomb and becomes covered in Calamity. Guardians shortly arrive. New Castle Town begins to assemble Hylian Knights in an attempt to defend themselves, and word is out that a rag-tag band of terrorists have joined Feratus' ranks to take over New Castle Town.

Be on the look out from now on, the players are suspected criminals of the law.

(Randomized Event Added: Jailed in New Castle Town, Triggers 'New Castle Town Sewage Escape')

New Castle Town Sewage Escape
A band of Hylian Knights disturb your visit to New Castle Town, assuming you have no disguises on. Go peacefully and get locked up within the New Castle Town Dungeon. Luckily, there's a Haunted Escape Path under the city--plagued by the dead Koroks and Hylians that the city was built over.

The Falling Moon (Temple of Time Quest)

The moon seems to be closer to Hyrule than usual. Word is starting to go around that the 'moon may fall' due to the surge of Calamity. Perhaps this is a new "great flood" to get rid of the horrid Calamity--instead with the moon. The tides are rising and Zora characters seem to become stronger with the impending moon--but also slightly blood thirsty and insane.

Comets begin to fall. Except, they're not rocks. They are parts of buildings. Staircases, doors, pots and pans. It seems like remnants of an old Skyward-based town has finally began to fall apart and crash land onto Hyrule.

With sorrow in her heart, Hylia sends her heroes to investigate the town, transporting them Skyward with her Goddesss Powers. Her only law is: you must not bring any foreign items from Hyrule up to the Sky.

[Triggers Ms. Maggies Side Quest]
[Triggers Daddy's Graveyard Quest]

Ms. Maggies House of Skulltulla
The Old Skyloft Town is abandoned and steeped in darkness. Old homes are left bare and in rot..except for two houses far away that seem to be light by candle-light...

Ms. Maggies House of Skulltulla is a cursed Shiekah house filled with deformed human-like spiders.
Skulltullas are spider-like parasites that inhabit the skulls of living beings and take on sentience by devouring their mind.

Although Ms. Maggie herself seems sane and in full-human form, many shiekah have been cursed in her house and roam the land of the undead, binding onto different body parts to use as a part of their own. Hylia's command is to set the land a flame and get rid of these dangerous monsters before they find fuel in the Calamity Magic below.

There should be some resources around town to help you..

Daddy's Graveyard Quest
Far off in the distance is a small house surrounded by skultullas and Redeads. An ancient tech lab similar to the ones in Hyrule lays a waste, with only a crying little boy facing a large closet covered in chains.

The closet shivers and shakes and groans. By night, his grandfather becomes a Skultulla monster--having been the last living person to be cursed by Ms Maggie.

If the players know The Song of Healing, they can obtain a Redead Mask and a Skultulla Mask, which will transform its wearers into the respective beings.

Involuntary Event: The song of healing eases their spirits, allowing them to pass away in peace.

The Ghost of Greed's Curse (Carnival Quest)
A travelling circus has appeared out of nowhere, showing off deformed monsters, guardian-based tricks and all forms of sick entertainment. It seems to appear somewhere around the group every night around 11PM. Is it..following..us?

The Ring-Leader has heard of a rag-tag group of heroes on a quest for The Goddess Hylia. He seems interested in adding them to his new act--once they've been corrupted by Calamity of course.

Feratus has granted this circus leader eternal wealth--so much so that the Leader has been cursed and sealed within a grotesque golden statue for the rest of his life.

Involuntary Event: The group is locked up for the night, being partially corrupted with Calamity and forced to perform as a shock-art act for one time. The Ring Leader in his sad, deformed state, tells of his lost lover he had long ago. A lover capable of healing any wounds with a simple melody--a melody capable of creating masks.

He gives group a golden ocarina. He says his lover must have died somewhere around The Pond of Love at Tuft Mountain.

The Story of Lost Lovers
The Lost Lovers--Talia and Ring Leader Rodon.
If a Time-Stone is triggered around The Pond of Love, the pond is renewed to the time Talia was waiting. Here you can learn
The Song of Healing, which is capable of healing Rodon from his golden state. This way, the group will obtain a 'Golden Mask', a mask infused with a portion of Feratus' power and works as 'gold plated armor' for those who wear it.

Also. If the
Daddy Graveyard Quest was fulfilled, player can use their Ghost Orb to communicate with stalfos at night and also obtain the song.

This is the sequence by which the Main Quest follows. These titles and GM Landmarks are just a template. To allow for as much sandboxy-ness as possible, these titles are considered to be flexible and can change over time.

"Hylias Dreaming Guidance"
A strange dream...a white-hot fire burns from Hateno village, consuming the forests and people in billowing embers. The blue eyes of an ancient demon stare upon the land, but out from the corners of every Great Civilization of Hyrule comes a bright sacred light, bringing the blessings of the undead shiekah with them to The Forgotten Temple of Hylia.

A golden figure (different for each character) whispers to you.

"Find me, and I will guide you."

You finally awaken, drenched in cold sweat. Your heart struggles to pound heavily--weighing your chest down to the floor on which you slept. Outside, a brimming light peers through to your resting place. In an ancient tongue it says again, bouncing away leaving golden specks of stardust in its wake. It guides you to The Forgotten Temple.

"Please, follow me."

"Danger, Newcomers to the Forgotten Temple"
"Hylia's Request Begins: Earning Her Trust"
"The Three Dragon Spirits: Freeing The Courage Spirit"
"The Three Dragon Spirit: Embers of Power"
"The Three Dragon Spirits: Understanding Her Wisdom"
"The Legend of The Mountain: Satori's Death"
[Hyrule is Lifted Out of Chaos]
"Hylias Visitation: Calling to the Temple of Time"
"Temple of Time: The Royal Guard's Mission"
"Arbiters Grounds: The Twilight Realm's Power"
"Panic in the Forest of Spirits"
"The Royal Quard's Sorrow" (The Lord of the Sky Quest)
"Phantom Feratus Appears"
"The Lost Woods: The Korok's Stone" (Obtaining the Sword)
"Feratus' Rage: Weakening The Calamity"
"Hylia's Gratitude"

Reactions: Red Thunder
Shahd Ganomire

Cute+gerudo_3afa2c_6224013.jpg

DT5133_1_l.jpg

images

Name: Shahd Ganomire
Race: Gerudo
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 175 lbs
Build: Endomorph
•Note: Left handed
Appearance: As with most Gerudo, Shahd is of an athletic build, and a lifestyle of training and exercise has kept her flexible and lithe, though perhaps not as lithe as her sisters. She is a sturdier build than most, with strength coming more naturally than dexterity. This exhibited muscle, paired as it is with her height, makes a first rather negative impression indeed. Not helping matters, Shahd bears an unapproachable face, paired with a bitter expression from which she can't seem to part. Her green eyes remain narrowed and her lips pursed, as if she is always angry or judgemental. Though bearing some elements of her family’s adornment, the Gerudo prefers instead of the usual slender top a more concealing shirt of white, its size useful in hiding her more bulky appearance from enemies martial and political. Her hair is the same shade as the red desert from which her people originate, and she wears it in a long ponytail. Teal makeup, made from the flowers of the region, emphasize her lips and eyes.
Personality: In spite of her off-putting expression, Shahd bears a gentle demeanor. Neither anger nor pride come naturally to her, and when subjected to confrontation, her first instinct is relinquish her position, preferring others should have their way than she should fight against them. Where even capitulation fails, Shahd will simply hide. It's why she wears the shirt; to have a figure of strength is a masculine trait within the Gerudo Tribes, and the constant judgement of others has left her tired of the fight.
Shahd is a caring individual, nurturing and kind, ready and eager to give to a person in need. Though fierce in battle for others’ sake, she rarely puts forth for her own good, which has garnered her a reputation as a coward.
Armament: Shahd carries a large two handed falchion, an excellent pairing to her impressive strength. Though built without guard, it is nevertheless destructive in battle, sacrificing its defense to allow for some amount of dexterity the wielder might otherwise lack. In battle, Shahd wears a shirt of chainmail over a leather jerkin, giving adequate protection against blades and minimal protection against arrows.
Mount: Shahd rides a black stallion named Zalaam. He is a passionate horse, full of the spit and vinegar that his rider lacks. Sturdy, if not so swift as other Gerudo mounts, he has a lasting endurance that few can match. He seems to care greatly for Shahd, and they watch out for each other as only close friends will.
Skill Set: Shahd has received training in horseback riding, sword fighting, archery, hunting, and cooking. She is at best competent in all these skills save for sword fighting and archery, of which she is spirited but awkward. Her arrows never land where she means them to, and her sword strikes are broad and unconsidered. Yet this must be said: her arrows travel quite far indeed, and she has with her falchion bifurcated a large boar in one swing.
History: The name Dragmire has carried a bitter weight for centuries, with even the most valiant and courageous Gerudo that bore the heritage scorned at best and exiled at worst. It was perhaps a significant reason the Dragmire line continued through the years: driven with regularity from the tribe, it wasn't difficult to find men among the Hyrulians to sire further daughters and the occasional son.
The surname was changed in time to Ganomire, and with its change came some small shift in treatment. The Vai could walk among their Gerudo sisters without fear of prejudice or retribution for the act of an evil ancestor. Yet most deeds that they might attempt seemed doomed to failure; though the name was changed, still the curse of evil blood followed them. This reputation for misfortune followed them closely, replacing with severity that of their ancestry.
Shahd Ganomire was born to Fallah Ganomire, her only child. She grew up as other Gerudo: learning the art of combat. And she excelled, her heritage providing her a raw strength unseen for generations, for where a lack of skill failed her, the power in her arms did not.
Yet the curse of divine wrath upon her blood followed her. Gerudo of every family, fearing to be caught in the path of the goddess' wrath, avoided Shahd where they could. Shahd, fearing that displays of aggression would alienate them further, tried to treat them kindly, but nothing changed.
Fallah, frustrated by this, demanded much of her daughter, seeking to fix by training what nature had left broken. She was never cruel, if in fact always insistent on her own way, and Shahd found it made life easier to obey without question. Yet, despite the long hard hours Fallah trained with Shahd to drive out the timidity in favor of a more aggressive manner, it was always unsuccessful. And her timidity made her further a pariah, beyond even what her family’s misfortune had entailed. It was unheard of that a Gerudo warrior should not stand up for herself, or that she should avoid combat where possible. To make matters worse, where prejudice just short of persecution filled her days, dreams of rage and bloodshed filled her nights. The emotions filled her as she witnessed the visions, oftentimes leading her to experience them as if she were enacting these terrible deeds against countless innocents herself. And when she awoke, the fury followed, leaving her to sit upon her sleeping roll for several minutes in order to gain her composure. Yet this only served to encourage her timidity, as she feared what might happen should she ever give action to those feelings.
Such was Shahd’s life: train, eat, sleep, endure the disapproving looks from others that her disposition earned her, and train some more. On rare occasions that the Gerudo found to engage in battle, Shahd was always tasked with the home defense; her timidity made her a potential liability. It was with a mixture of relief and consternation that she received these orders. While grateful that she didn't need to force harm upon others, Shahd still felt the need for conflict that runs through a Gerudo’s blood.
One night, some hours after the army had returned, Shahd awoke in a sweat. Shadow and Flame. The prospect frightened her, and even the vision of the divine light did nothing to bring relief. Suddenly the memory of the voice returned. It echoed in her mind, that firm and gentle voice, repeating endlessly.

Find me, and I will guide you.

Fallah was none too pleased to hear about her daughter’s dream. The Goddess had ever given little enough concern for the Gerudo, with the divine wrath directed at the Demon King of old apparently seeping over into Dragmire’s tribe. Yet Shahd was insistent. Here was a task specifically given to her. She had divine appointment, and nothing would prevent her from pursuing it. The tribe elders gave their permission readily, all too willing to see the Coward of Ganomire leave. So, supplied for the journey, with her blade strapped to her horse and her armor upon her shoulders, Shahd set off in search of the Goddess Hylia…

Writing Sample:

Shahd crouched next to a shallow stream, refilling a waterskin with much needed refreshment. The trip through the desert had been longer than she'd expected; her water had barely been enough. Beside her, Zalaam lapped eagerly. The poor horse had borne the greater burden with lesser respite, and it felt good to give him a bit of rest. They would both need it for whatever Hylia held in store.

Sighing at the thought, the Gerudo stood, replacing the waterskin’s stopper before storing it back within the saddle bag. It had been some two weeks since she left home, and the surety she'd felt at the dream was melting away. Why was she doing this? What compelled her to follow the proddings of goddess to whom she felt no affinity? If indeed they were divine in nature; they could very well have been merely a dream. A sleep induced hallucination. And what good was that going to do her, save lead her into trouble? Shahd rested her head wearily upon the saddle.

“What am I doing, Zalaam? Why are we doing this?” The black steed gave no reply, pausing only long enough to regard her with curious eyes before continuing with his drinking. Shahd felt despair take root in her stomach, and with it came a tiny sob which escaped through closed eyes.

Suddenly she felt Zalaam stiffen, growing tense as he only did when he sensed danger. She straightened quickly, hand moving to grasp her large sword by the hilt and eyes roving to find the danger. But there was no danger. A horse stood nearby, some yards across the stream, proud and tall. And composed of a pure golden light. The sight of it washed the despair from Shahd’s chest, giving room for a deep fear. Yet it was no fear of harm, but a fear of something greater; the same fear that a mouse holds for an elephant. She stared at it, too shaken to advance but desperate to do so. A desire to come to it blossomed in her heart, and her mind seemed to echo with the words she'd heard in her dream.

The golden horse stared back for a moment more before turning away and trotting toward the Hylian Plains. Shahd cursed, mounting Zalaam as quickly as she could.

“Hurry!” she encouraged him, prodding him on with a heel kick to his ribs. “We must follow!”

Zalaam needed little direction. He leapt over the small stream and pursued the golden horse as quickly as he could. For its part, the beast seemed to stay just ahead of them, never allowing them to draw too closely yet never leaving them behind. Shahd urged Zalaam forward, certain that Hylia had provided a way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi

67d3899128969b3023c3f672b25255df-d87k1ni.png
Basic
Name: Isla Daher (Ees-lah Dah-hare)
Nicknames: Wretched Voe (most other Gerudo/tribeswomen), Little One (from his mother)
Sexuality: Unknown as of now
Race: Gerudo
Appearance
Hair: Light orange
Eyes: Green-blue (with yellow eyeliner or eyeshadow along his top lids, used to make his eyes stand out)
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160 lbs
Piercings: N/A
Tattoos: Just the light green markings along his abdomen, legs, and arms.
Personality

Traits: Isla is stubborn and outspoken most times and maybe a bit of a hothead with a short temper if someone pushes his buttons too much, but can be reserved and quiet on a bad day. When he broods, he keeps his emotions bottled up and tries to tackle what ails him by himself head on, be it emotional or physical. A mama's boy at heart, he cares about her very much, and would do what was asked of him without any outward complaints.
Sociability: Usually fun loving when in a relaxed environment, otherwise doesn't really socialize well with others, as in, he's a bit awkward and untrustworthy when around strangers.
Likes: Meat, nice relaxing baths, to dance in his spare time (when he's alone), qamar and his mother's company
Dislikes: Most Gerudo traditions, cooking (he'd rather just eat than wait),CQC, Shahd.
Fears: Never seeing his mother again, not being able to protect hs mother. Qamar getting hurt, never being able to meet his father at least once in his life.
Relationships
Biological Family: Freyja Daher (Mother), Unknown Father
Significant Other: None...yet ;)
Character Story: His mother, Freyja Daher, hadn't expected to birth a boy. At first she was surprised, but quickly grew to love him without much care for his gender. She dressed him in Vai clothing, hoping to keep him hidden amongst them for as long as possible. Though, she was weary still, as deep down there was worry of him turning out like Ganondorf. Luckily, he wasn't.

Puberty had a way of making things difficult when it came to hiding his identity as a Voe. His voice had grown just a bit too deep for his mother's liking, and although he did his best to keep things hidden, he eventually grew tired of staying under the guise of being a Vai.

In the end he had been banished once his gender had been found out among the other Gerudo, though moreso out of weariness and the strict will to keep with tradition. His mother, with some sadness in her heart, gave him a horse she had gotten from her husband, the dappled steed being named Qamar. Giving him the steed she told him that he could not stay any longer, and that he was leaving the nest early. Giving his mother a hug he gathered what he would need and set off to at least stop by the Kara Kara Bazaar before he left for good. Though, as day turned to night and he stared at the dessert night sky he heard a strange whisper in the wind, feeling as if he were simply imagining things, when deep in his soul he knew, that he wasn't. Throughout most of his seventeen years of life, he had always felt that he had some other purpose in life but he just didn't know what. He figured, that once he reached a certain age and would leave to stay with his father, or to perhaps become a merchant. That wasn't the case at all, and it was something much bigger than he'd ever imagined.
Other
Favorite Food: Steak, or any form of Kabab, meat pie/pot pie
Favorite Color: Either dark green, light green, or light blue
Favorite Animal: Horse (Qamar)
Writing Sample:
Isla huffed, making a jabbing motion with the spear in mind as if the bladed tip was being driven into the abdomen of an enemy before him. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his petite, quiet mother watching him from where she stood in the shade as it darkened her almost grim features. Stopping, he stood straight, leaning the smooth wood against hia lightly glistening and sweaty shoulder.

Something was off, and he wasn't quite sure what it was. Walking over to his mother, he studied her features, the way her brows furrowed and her mouth set in a thin line. Although, to him she was emotionally delicate like a flower, she was wise beyond her years and recieved great respect from her son.

"Isla, it's about time that you leave." there was a pause, "As my child I know you will be fine." her expression softened then, and a smile formed before leaving to give Isla time to prepare while she got Qamar, giving the horse a farewell.

Later, as the sky changed shades with the setting sun, Qamar kickied up golden grains of sand as he and Isla left home, most likely for good.
Inventory
A spear he handles with some form of ease, though he's not an expert with the weapon by any means, he figured that he would rather used distanced attacks then head on full forced blows and close quarters combat.
Espagnol_2.jpg

Last edited:

CuMPErvVMAABoAC.jpg

Basic
Name: Rotar
Nicknames: 'Forest Spirit'
Race: Kokiri
Appearance
Hair: Light Blonde
Eyes: Gray
Height: 5'2
Weight: 90lbs
Scars: Multiple slashing scrapes around the biceps, guards, and legs. Seemingly from harsh combats, weather and dwelling in the forest.
Gen. Description: Rotar appears to be a small child--somewhere near the age of 12. His voice is childlike, but his speech can sometimes appear to be far more adult than he comes off to be. Generally a happy-go-lucky adventurer in the forest--although his multiple scars around his arms and legs seem to say differently. Rotar's eyes are gray and somewhat clear like the water. His hair is blonde, twisting and going in every which direction the wind may blow it.

His clothes are traditional, typical Korkiri garbs.

His garbs are very simple--a green forest tunic (see picture).

Personality

Traits: Like most forest dwellers, Rotar believes all forms of life are inherently sacred and tries to 'knock down' enemies before bringing about their death.

Sociability: Rotar is naturally playful, innocent and curious as a Kokiri child. His personality does seem to transition somewhat on a whim--he has no problem trying to put down an enemy if he absolutely needs to. That is..if he can manage with his childlike stature. He seems to be mostly a trickster-type character. He tends to get easily distracted and running off to his own desires--leaving the group. He doesn't seem to be much of a team player in that sense.

Rotar loves interacting with wildlife--especially deer and moose. Sometimes he enjoys riding around on their back as a faster form of transportation--his small body is a bit too small to command an adult horse.

Likes: Greenery, Forests, Water, Collecting/Hoarding, Walking around barefoot. Interacting with wildlife.
Dislikes: Meat, Fire, Heights, Bombs, Too Many Clothes, Wearing shoes, Construction Industry, Cats, Lizalfos, Large Horses
Fears: Fire, Heights, Bombs, Smoke, Large Horses
Alt. Costume

:
tumblr_n8x7u3CBJs1thoo4to1_1280.png
Inventory

Old Wooden Sword: A wooden sword made by Koroks to clear the leaves of the forest--not very useful for killing monsters. A good whack will definitely hurt a lot though!

Old Pot Lid: A worn wooden shield made of..wait did he just steal a pot lid from a few adventurers? Either way, it has an interesting design on it, carved with red paint. A 'symbol of his kind' he says. (Kokiri Shield design)

Wooden Slingshot: A weak slingshot made of twigs and small bunches of vines. Used to launch rocks. It's not useful in combat, just for giving your enemies a serious bruise.

Giant Korok Leaf: A giant Korok leaf that doubles as a powerful wind source and a small raft for Koroks.

Bokoblin Skull Mask: A mask made from real Bokoblin skull. It hides Rotar's face well, but the blindspots mean adventuring in this mask requires a high-level of intuition to avoid obstacles. Rotar can quickly gather up a mound of leaves and vines, weaving a bushy hooded costume as a thicker form of clothes. It helps protect from the rain and remain hidden.

Fairy Ocarina: An ancient instrument make of Deku tree wood rumored to have been favored by the Kokiri folk in ages gone by. The sound quality isn't so great and the mouthpiece is a little scratched.

Character Story

Rotar comes from a long heritage line of Kokiri and Korok forest-dwellers, reaching far back through the ancient times. Like most forest-dwelling species, Rotar's people have seen the destruction of their green homes come about with the rise of Hylians and their 'unnatural' technology.

Before the era of The Calamity, Rotar's village was located where New Castle Town is located now. Because of the destruction of Hyrule, many Hylians were left homeless and without anywhere to call their home. They quickly colonized the forestry of The Great Plateau and built their new town on its grounds.

This caused Rotar's people to become dispersed--with many of them relocating Korok Forest and evolving into a new form over time. With most of Rotar's immediate family no longer alive, the Kokiri boy lives a life of a hunter-gatherer, treating most of Hyrule as his giant forest. He's become one with the forest over time, mastering the language of wild life.

He's become quite a trickster, often loving the company of unsuspecting travelers. He's earned the nickname of The Travelling Forest Spirit, often associated with his costume. Other than making sure his and his animal friends' bare necessities are cared for, Rotar leads a pretty lazy, carefree life.

Reactions: Takumi

tumblr_ooiav5P65O1vfgkveo1_500.png
Basic
Name: Retuna
Nicknames: Rei, Lady Retuna, Tuna (hated)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Race: Zora
Appearance
Hair: While not hair, Retuna has the regular Zora fins adorning her head. Her rear fin hangs to her shoulders, same with the front hanging fins. While the majority of her fins are blue, her front fins are tipped with coral pink. Her body fins also share this trait.
Eyes: Bright yellow
Height: 4' 9"
Weight: 103 lbs
Piercings: Her front left fin is pierced by two silver rings.
Tattoos: None
Personality
Traits: Kind, Honest, Dependable, Quiet, Loyal, Patient, Compassionate, Arrogant, Finicky, Shy, Anxious, Cowardly
Sociability: Introvert, Rei does not like to be in large groups of people. This can cause problems during her performances, as she can get anxious and frightened if too many people are around her in her immediate vicinity.
Likes: Singing, swimming, fish, dancing, children, joking around, jewelry, herself, silver, tailoring (though she's not particularly good at it), sweets,
Dislikes: Fire, electricity, storms, heavy rain, spicy foods,
Fears: Thunderstorms, Divine Beast Ruta (something about it makes her uneasy), Rejection, Electricity
Relationships
Biological Family: Akan (father), Alate (mother), Veja, Kovi, Elon (Hatch-Brothers), Mulule, Reru (Hatch-Sisters)
Significant Other: None yet
Character Story: Retuna was born to a happy Zora couple who had just birthed their first- and only- clutch of eggs. When she hatched, she looked different than her tad siblings. While they were mostly all a silvery blue, she was born with some coral coloring. Her parents assumed this meant she was set for greatness, and began coddling the girl. As Retuna aged, and was able to walk on land, her father immediately began to teach her and her siblings the art of the spear, as most parents did. Of course, Retuna was still the favored child, and was required to learn more than her siblings. It was found that she had an ability that her parents thought had been eradicated from their genetic line. She was able to create electricity around her body to protect herself. This just made them favor her more, and boast about their daughter whenever they could. She was going to be the new hero! She would save everyone! Her parents wanted her to be a great hero, much like Lady Mipha, and help to save the world from Calamity Ganon.

Retuna, however, had different plans. She didn't like fighting. Retuna wanted to sing and make people happy. She was a kind and soft individual. Her siblings started to resent her for the fact that she was favored, and thus the nickname Tuna was born. Retuna was bullied by her siblings and their friends. They would often play horrible pranks on her. She became a bit of a recluse, not wanting to suffer at their hands. She began to read and learn music, much to the chagrin of her parents. The festival was always her favorite time of the year, because she could dance and sing with the rest of her people.

As Rutena and her siblings became young adults, it became increasingly clear that she was not going to be a chosen hero. Her parents stopped favoring her once she made her final decision of expressing disinterest to fighting. Her siblings matured, and they stopped resenting her, and the family became quite happy and close knit. Rutena got her wish of becoming a singer, and performed for Zora's Domain whenever she could. People loved her, and she was happy doing what she loved best.

Of course, this happiness was not to stay.

One night, during a regular performance, she was attacked. It was the middle of her show, and she soon found a curved blade against her throat, and surrounded by three people clad in red and bearing the mark of the Shiekah. Before she had time to activate her protective field, one of the audience members appeared onstage, quickly saving her from her doom. The assassins fled, as did the one who saved her. She never found the person who saved her, but firmly believes they are destined to meet again.

Shortly after her attack, she woke in a cold sweat, a vivid dream fresh in her mind. The dream told her to find Hylia. The next day, she prepared to leave the Domain. Her friends and family all helped her to pack, giving her a spear for protection, and food for the road. Her mother gave her the family heirloom, a gorgeous pendant of pearl and precious gems, in order to remember them by. Rutena set off the next day, after a farewell concert to her home.
Other
Favorite Food: Salmon Muenière
Favorite Color: Coral
Favorite Animal: Birds, specifically Pink Heron
Writing Sample:
The young Zora woman sat at the edge of the river, staring into the water. What was she doing? She had no reason to leave her home other than a strange dream that told her to. She was going to get herself killed.

Inventory
Zora Spear
Her Family's Heirloom Pendant

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi and Solar
Helloo,

So I could use some help designing a character for this. Usually a backstory / personality comes to me naturally, but after giving it a few night's thought, I still can't think of something really unique.

I want to play a hylian male. I'm just hoping you guys can pitch me a few ideas to get me started with.

I also can't draw for the life of me, so I'll just describe my character's appearance with words, maybe with a few reference images.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Helloo,

So I could use some help designing a character for this. Usually a backstory / personality comes to me naturally, but after giving it a few night's thought, I still can't think of something really unique.

I want to play a hylian male. I'm just hoping you guys can pitch me a few ideas to get me started with.

I also can't draw for the life of me, so I'll just describe my character's appearance with words, maybe with a few reference images.
Don't be afraid to search for Zelda original art. There's some excellent character models out there. Or heck, you're wanting to do a Hylian: "elf" search term would probably turn up all kinds of things.

Well, are you wanting him to be a fighter? He could be part of the Hylian Army. Maybe he's a merchant? He could be selling his wares in Castle Town when he receives the dream. Heck, maybe he's the mailman. There's loads of possibilities. Take your typical fantasy occupations/character concepts and just translate them to LoZ.

Don't be afraid to search for Zelda original art. There's some excellent character models out there. Or heck, you're wanting to do a Hylian: "elf" search term would probably turn up all kinds of things.

Well, are you wanting him to be a fighter? He could be part of the Hylian Army. Maybe he's a merchant? He could be selling his wares in Castle Town when he receives the dream. Heck, maybe he's the mailman. There's loads of possibilities. Take your typical fantasy occupations/character concepts and just translate them to LoZ.

Thanks for the help! =P

I finally found a picture I like, which I'll throw in with my CS tonight or tomorrow. I do also like the idea of him being a fighter of some sorts. I might just go with the army idea, but I'll brainstorm a little more tonight and possibly come up with something different.

I seriously can't wait for this.

Reactions: Takumi and Solar
0X9ZNu6.jpg

"I do believe the boy has a place in this world, Terris.

That look in his eyes, the eternal longing for adventure..

It's what's going to keep him going in these dark times."

Basic Information
Name: Zo Tussin

Race: Hylian

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 150-ish lbs.

Appearance: Zo maintains a slim to average build for fellow Hylian folk of his age. A hue of brown covers both is hair and eyes. A few strange, green markings appear on the right side of his cheek that have an unknown origin, but has resided there since his birth. Zo likes to believe that these markings are a sign of protection; that some entity is watching over him in his travels.
Backstory
Amongst the southern region of Hyrule, there lies a village named Hateno. Here Zo was born, and for the early portions of his life had resided with his father.

Starting at the age of eleven, Terris, Zo's father whom he had very much looked up to growing up, began to teach him the art of swordplay. However he was mostly unaware of the dangers that lurked beyond the borders of Hateno. All he knew was that he didn't belong there.

"Father, why must we continue these strenuous sessions?" Zo would complain, body and mind terribly sore from the previous day's training. His father would simply brush the comment off, insisting that what he was doing was completely necessary; he was right, no matter what others told him.

When Zo wasn't occupied with teachings or work the other villagers would provide him, the boy would often hike to Hateno's tallest hill, and watch the surrounding landscape intently. This was his favorite time of the day. It was until the sun vanished from the sky that Zo would daydream about grand dungeons, the magnificent dragons and other beasts he learned about growing up -- the ones that lurked out there, just out of his grasp. He imagined the adventure that awaited in the vast land of Hyrule and eagerly awaited the day that the opportunity to experience such adventure would arrive.

Starting on eighteen years of age, it became noticeable that Terris was living the last chapter of his life. He became increasingly frail. Swordplay sessions became less and less frequent until they stopped altogether. His poor father could hardly move, and one day it happened. It was a cold, rainy night, and a few days after Zo's twenty-first birthday. After returning from a hunting trip just outside the border, the young Hylian found his father in his favorite armchair, passed away with a piece of paper still in his hand; his last words to the son he had held so dear throughout his days. It was a letter Zo would hold onto for the rest of his own life.

But now he was free. Sadly it was on a grievous note, but his shackles tying him to this place had finally be released; the world beyond Hateno was now open to him. After sharing goodbyes with the people he had grown up with, Zo left town on his steed, Luna. The two set off to explore both the known and unknown, determined to discover his purpose -- the purpose his father described in his farewell letter.

Personality
W.I.P
Inventory
W.I.P.

Think that should suffice for the time being. =P I'll add more to it / edit it at another time when I'm not brained out. >.>

Just lemme know if anything needs changing.

Also I threw a die ig because I was curious. Now it's just there I guess. Forever. =L

tumblr_ooiav5P65O1vfgkveo1_500.png
Basic
Name: Retuna
Nicknames: Rei, Lady Retuna, Tuna (hated)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Race: Zora
Appearance
Hair: While not hair, Retuna has the regular Zora fins adorning her head. Her rear fin hangs to her shoulders, same with the front hanging fins. While the majority of her fins are blue, her front fins are tipped with coral pink.
Eyes: Bright yellow
Height: 4' 9"
Weight: 103 lbs
Piercings: Her front left fin is pierced by two silver rings.
Tattoos: None
Personality
Traits: x
Sociability: x
Dislikes: x
Fears: x
Relationships
Biological Family: x
Significant Other: x
Character Story: x
Other
Favorite Food: x
Favorite Color: x
Favorite Animal: x
Writing Sample: x
Inventory

x
I LOVE the formatting on this! *Steals* ^__^
Hope you dont mind, Ive been planning on experimenting with formatting and you just inspired me. xD

Hmm..looking at your format. I kind of like your CS more than the basic model I gave you all.
If anyone wants to follow suit and add more nifty details to their own CS, think of my recommended as only a starting point to build off of. I'm really liking the unique CS formats ^.^

• Love
Reactions: Tarieles
So I'm completing Rotar's CS (my Kokiri character) and I've had a few ideas.

I had a problem with writing a character who was previously a Korok and was given 'special powers' to transform into a Kokiri. It seemed too unbalanced and made it feel like this character would be more important than the rest--and the whole idea of the RP is to have a rag-tag group of heroes.

So here's my adjustment: Kokiri's and Koroks live together, although Kokiris are an incredibly rare sight--they still do exist in a fair enough amount.

Here's the new coming updates:
--> Towns being rebuilt
--> Towns that were destroyed
--> "Satori Town"
--> Rauru's Settlement Fortress-Town
---> The story of "New Castle Town" (Which interweaves with my character).
--->The Plot Update "Hylia's Plea, Hylia's Disgrace, The Legend of Swords"

I'll be building and making the world a bit more specific for our RP. That way itl'll be more fleshed out. Updates soon!

One more thing. *Uncle chan voice*
(Brownie points if you get the reference)

I'd really appreciate it for us, as members, to come up with other personal character-based archs aside from the main quest.
Yknow, to expand our time in this world so that the story doesnt end too quickly.
Feel free to come up with just about anything. Especially if it ends up tying personally to your character.

And feel free to help add to the main quest too, which I'll be outlining in the plot post very soon!
I do have things IRL to do, so I'll be working on this as time goes on.
For now, let's enjoy the character and plot creation phase. ^.^

@Solar No problem! It's not my original thing either 8D If you need the code just lemme know. Same with anyone else here, if you want the code just give me a heads up!

But yeah, for my lady, I was thinking about giving her some sort of magic thing. It's said that Mipha was the only Zora to have healing powers, but maybe Retuna could get something else? Just really depends on what you'd allow I guess Solar! Perhaps a bit like bardic abilities, where she uses music to change various things? I'm also going to make her able to use spears, like most other Zora.

I'm also going to make her able to use spears, like most other Zora.
Given the cultural emphasis on fishing, and spears being such a versatile tool both for fishing and war, it seems like that'd be pretty common, for all Zora to learn how to use one growing up.

@Solar No problem! It's not my original thing either 8D If you need the code just lemme know. Same with anyone else here, if you want the code just give me a heads up!

But yeah, for my lady, I was thinking about giving her some sort of magic thing. It's said that Mipha was the only Zora to have healing powers, but maybe Retuna could get something else? Just really depends on what you'd allow I guess Solar! Perhaps a bit like bardic abilities, where she uses music to change various things? I'm also going to make her able to use spears, like most other Zora.

I would like the code. :3

Also, @Solar, the thought just came to me, that while Isla has a spear he'd probably really want to pick up and learn to use a bow during their adventure through Neverland Hyrule. Cause y'know, ranged attacks and stuff.

Yup! That's what I figure. Mipha was stated to have been incredibly good with the spear, and all of the guards carry them through most of the games, especially in Twilight Princess. It's a great bonus that they can be used underwater.

Code:
[div="padding: 8px; margin: 10px; border: 10px double #COLOR; border-radius: 15px; background-image: url(background-image-url.here);""hr="border: 2px solid black"]
[CENTER]-image-[/CENTER]
[accordion=bcenter]
{slide=Basic|center}Name:
Nicknames:
Sexuality:
Race: {/slide}
{slide=Appearance|center}Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Weight:
Piercings:
Tattoos: {/slide}