The Legend of Zelda Extravaganza:Murder Game VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it, but GMing in the MGs is like a job at times. It is not as easy as one might think as a player.

I hate to say it, but GMing in the MGs is like a job at times. It is not as easy as one might think as a player.
Yeah I would had appcaite that heads up long time ago. But oh well. With the thoughts of a Job and it is not a teaching job but something that involves what I have issues with a computer and English then alright I shall treat it as such. Which means it may not be as enjoyable on my end as I hoped.

Edit: Maybe there was a hint of one but that doesn't mean I understood it like I wish I had.

GMing is not going to be like whatever you did in Fusion :|

GMing is not going to be like whatever you did in Fusion :|
I see that now. Nor what I have so far done for the Titan's group it seems.... *sighs* Well I guess there went my original plan for someone....But that's alright.... Just oh well for me then...

... On the subject of the characters from Cars being played (Or Planes I suppose), I think it would be better if they were humanized for the event. I suppose it depends on the event, obviously, but signing up as a car, even if sentient, for like the Dark Souls tale miiiight be a bit much on the wacky scale.

File%20photo%20shows%20a%20van%20totally%20wrecked%20during%20an%20accident%20in%20Abqaiq..jpg

This is a replacement CS for Kaneda.

I'm not ready to use him.

Appearance: ((Please note, this is not how I want Romulus to look, that's just showing the robes he wears.))

WPijCsE.png

What Romulus looks like actually (I tried to make him look like this:

AnimeBoy15_zps6828ffe9.jpg

Name: "We call ourselves the Source Hunters, because we hail from the Order of the Source hunters. Our true names are Romulus and Cecilia."

"And I'm 27."

Bio/History:

Romulus:

"I was a knight that was lost, and night approached. To be alone in the darkness of these haunted woods meant certain death, but there was nowhere to run for shelter. Nearly resigned to fate, my eye caught something...a distant light through the trees. I approached, and bit by bit the gentle glow became a campfire. A wizard sat nearby, holding his thin hands to the small flame. Approaching cautiously, I had asked for shelter, and the wizard was happy to oblige.
We became both friends and tutors, and I learned several of the wizard's finest spells.
As we traveled, we happened upon a cave from which a terrible groaning echoed. I bravely went in first, inching along the cold cave wall as the groaning grew louder. Deep within, a figure, half-woman and half-demon, writhed upon the floor. A Sourcerer possessed.
The Warrior turned to escape, but it was too late- the Sourcerer screeched and cast a deadly spell. But before it could find its target, the wizard threw himself in its path. I- now a Battlemage and a Source Hunter- never forgot the wizard, nor the magic he'd left behind."

Cecelia:

"When my village's Sorcerer went mad, only those who could flee were spared a terrible death. I, the fleet-footed Shadowblade escaped, but the rest of the village did not.
As a wandering orphan, thieves, beggars, pirates, and murderers taught me that man was no more than a beast, and the laws of nature were simple: Kill or be killed; eat or go hungry.
But a survivor among survivors needed an advantage. Posing as the child of nobleman, it was almost easy to gain access to the Academy of the Source Hunters. Here the most elite secrets of magic were offered freely, and I perfected them all.
By the time the ruse was discovered, it was too late. The academy had a prized pupil, and I found that hunting Sorcerers satisfied the soul better than picking pockets. Usually.

the Source Hunters receive orders to investigate the murder of a town councilor by a suspected Sourcerer in Cyseal, a port town in southern Rivellon. Upon arrival, they find Cyseal under siege by orcs and undead and soon discover that it was orchestrated by a Sourcerer conspiracy linked to the Immaculates, a cult based in the Luculla Forest further inland. They also find evidence implicating the White Witch, guardian of the Luculla Forest, in the murder. Their search for her takes them to the fairy realm of Hibernheim, where they find her trapped in a block of ice by the Immaculates' leader, the Conduit. Upon being freed, she introduces herself as Icara and pleads guilty of accidentally killing the councilor, but the Source Hunters, having uncovered evidence of Sourcery, mass murder, and human sacrifice carried out by the Immaculates, choose to ally themselves with her against the common foe. Icara reveals to them that the Conduit is actually her own estranged sister Leandra and directs them to infiltrate the Immaculates to learn of her plans. The Source Hunters discover that the cult has been mining a highly toxic metal named "tenebrium" in the Luculla Mines, where they also encounter "Death Knights", indestructible undead warriors created by Leandra using tenebrium and the Source to conquer Rivellon. Leandra destroys the mines in an attempt to kill the Source Hunters, but they manage to escape with her fail-safe that renders Death Knights vulnerable.
Throughout the game, the Source Hunters occasionally encounter magical crystals known as "Star Stones" (some of them transformed into "blood stones" by the Immaculates' sacrifices). Upon finding the first one, they are transported to the "Homestead", a mysterious fortress outside of regular spacetime that is immediately familiar to both of them. As they recover more Star Stones, they learn from them that the Source had originally been a benevolent magic associated with Astarte, the goddess of life, before it was corrupted by the Void, an evil force from outside of the material world. The Source Hunters themselves are revealed to be reincarnations of two ancient generals, a man and a woman, who imprisoned the Source corruption inside an artifact known as "the Gold Box" and were granted godlike powers to guard it. However, when a demonic being named "the Trife" persuaded Astarte to open the Box, the corruption was released again and took on the form of a giant dragon, which Astarte went on to battle for eternity in the Void. As penance for their failure, the Guardians chose to be stripped of their powers and memories and were reborn in Rivellon as ordinary humans; the Star Stones are, in fact, crystallized fragments of their lost memories. Deducing that the Trife is now manipulating Leandra to weaken Astarte and to unleash the Void Dragon on the world, Icara urges the Source Hunters to stop her, either by restoring the "soulforge" between the sisters (a psychic link that Leandra had severed), or by killing her if necessary.
The Source Hunters follow the Conduit's trail to the town of Hunter's Edge near the Phantom Forest, now overrun by the Immaculates, orcs, and barbarian mercenaries. They find directions left behind by the wizard Zandalor, Icara's lover and Leandra's nemesis, that point them towards an ancient Source Temple hidden deeper in the woods. Inside the Temple, they find Zandalor and learn from him that Leandra's objective is the Gold Box in the First Garden, which they can enter from the Homestead. In the Garden, they confront Leandra and can restore her soulforge with Icara if they have unearthed the means therefor in the Phantom Forest earlier: in this case, she recognizes how evil she has become and leaves with Icara and Zandalor to repent; otherwise, they must fight and kill her. Reaching the Gold Box, the Source Hunters join forces with Astarte to destroy the Trife, but not before it summons the Void Dragon itself. In a titanic battle, they manage to banish the Dragon back into the Box, and Astarte stays to guard it again for all eternity, thanking the Source Hunters and revealing to them that other gods knowingly let the Source be corrupted. The Source Hunters then leave the First Garden to embark on a new adventure.

Canon base: "We hail from the Divinity Franchise. Specifically its most recent entry, Original Sin."

Powers/Abilities:

They both are skilled practitioners of Magic.

Rachel:
"I am quick on my feet, can remain hidden, and can notice things that others can't."

Romulus:

"I'm strong, and quick thinking. I can take down a foe very quickly."

Strengths:

Cecilia:
Very perceptive,
Dexterous
Quick on her feet

Romulus:
Good with Swords and shields
Physically strong

Both:
Good with Magic.
Intelligent
Good with people

Weaknesses:

Cecilia is physically weak.
Romulus is slow.

Both can be easily manipulated, and made to believe what someone wants them to.
Very susceptible to magic, despite using it themselves.
Their armor is fairly weak, as they are technically mages, not warriors.

Personality:

Cecelia is a kind, friendly person. Despite the fact that she's a thief, she's still bound by morals. She won't hurt or kill someone unless she feels that they deserve it. Cecelia has a soft spot for children, and won't hesitate to interact with them. She, despite her morals, will still steal something (Once a thief, always a thief.) Cecilia has a good Sense of humor, and is more open about things. She's also fairly flirty.

Romulus is a knight, through and through. He's stoic, and lives by a code of morals. Romulus is fairly quiet compared to Cecelia, and sees himself as a mentor or guardian. Romulus has seen many a war, and many a death, and will not easily befriend someone. Romulus cares deeply for human life, and would rather not lose someone. Romulus will defend an innocent, and will not hesitate to kill someone he knows is dark and corrupted.

Family/Friends:

Each other (Friends and co-workers)
The Source Hunters (Group they're affiliated with)

Animal Spirit:

An owl (Cecelia), and a Lion (Romulus)

Theme Song:

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
hey guise how about we just wait for the game, have fun and see how it goes instead of fighting over a van for five pages long and practically having a trial over some insignificant crap that's not even worth mentioning

Well if people don't sign up as memes, I don't think we would have had an issue.

I think we're oppressing vans in here.

Van Rights should be respected.

• Useful
Reactions: Minerva
if i wanted to play a chair and just lie still on the ground the entire game, is that really something that bothers everyone? is anyone bothered or offended by a van?
if raven thinks a van, sentient or not, will have a negative impact on other players somehow, raven can say 'no' the van player, right?

well i mean either way thuro dropped out so it shouldn't matter

... unless someone else signs up as a van

if i wanted to play a chair and just lie still on the ground the entire game, is that really something that bothers everyone
Yes, lol, that would be the general consensus.

if i wanted to play a chair and just lie still on the ground the entire game, is that really something that bothers everyone? is anyone bothered or offended by a van?
if raven thinks a van, sentient or not, will have a negative impact on other players somehow, raven can say 'no' the van player, right?
Then you might as well not have joined up at all for all you'd contribute to the plot.

I will humor you. What would even be the point of playing a chair and doing nothing? RP is interaction and a chair's interaction would be limited to "who's going to sit on me?"

Also that above.

• Useful
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
For Christs sake, a Van is not a character. End of story. Besides, as Jason said its over. Thuro dropped out. Playing a joke/meme character kinda is bothering to people who actually like to take their roleplaying at least a little seriously and like to see the plot contributed to.

Plus, you'd be taking up a spot pointlessly that someone who is actually interested in playing a character and contributing to the plot could use. ^_^;

As another group owner, I'm also against non-sentient object/meme characters beings being played. Not to be a party pooper or anything, it just doesn't make sense. lol. I can understand joke characters being played for fun of the lols, but they should be a sentient joke character. Oh, and not an object either. They should be some sort of humanized person. ^_^;; A van or chair isn't a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Atomyk
There is a point where joke characters go so far into being jokes that one has to wonder if you're just here to make fun of the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.