The Legend of Renalta (Updated: 03-06-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure these will come eventually so I might as well get a head start.

Character Impressions - Ole Fischer
Note that these aren't set in stone and probably include information Fischer wouldn't access to yet. It's more a fun little exercise than anything.​
Kouri - "A fairy tale torn from a time remembered only in stories. The one so many have waited for, died for and kill for. The great saviour that could deliver us from the tyranny of the gods. The woman that may very well become the bane of all I stand for. I only hope she understands the responsibility she carries and that she will make the right choice when the time eventually comes."

Mikan - "A child who was never loved by her parents so she looks for attention in the hearts, not to mention pants, of strangers. Not a woman, not a warrior, just a little girl who violently lashes out at those she's not looking to screw. I'd be disgusted if I wasn't so similar at one point."

Marcus - "A solid warrior and almost disgustingly loyal King's Ranger. There's a reason he's as high ranking as he is, but I fear that his heart will give out from all the stress he puts on himself."

Samuel Mourn the 4th - "Oh great Father, I'll gladly let your angels tear me to pieces if it means that I won't have to tolerate Sam's company for another moment. He embodies the worst of nobility to such an absolute degree that I'm somewhat certain he was put on this world just to make me miserable."

Kasienka Ellarian - "I would think living a millennia would foster a contempt, or at the very least, an indifference to life. Not her, perhaps it's her elven amnesia, but she has managed to keep her passion for life a thousand years where I've all but lost mine in only forty-six. I only fear that she will try to stop us when unsavoury tactics are called for."

Wanderer Rahim - "A great big man, perhaps the biggest I've ever seen. If this were his only notable trait I might just thought the greatest thing ever let into the compound, however he manages to soil that by being so very, very naive. If I could penetrate his thick skull I'd would undoubtedly have a very useful ally in my cause, as it stands though he's just another brute."

Sisera del Azul - "Oh gods, does he really need to come along? Please, I know he had literally gone through hell, but could he just man up? If not for the sake of my own sanity then for the sake of the princess, who will undoubtedly look to him for support when the heavens open their wrath upon us."

Dean Hanson - "The people's hero, one who's strength of arm and strong principles could get him through almost anything. He'll no doubt hate me in time."

Baldrik Larsson - "Born to serve, a man who knows no other purpose in life but to act the lapdog of a princess who could have never shown up. It's sad, pitiful even, but he's young and I might be able to salvage a personality from him yet."

Pat Quinn - "A simple man in a bad situation. I know not what he's useful for, but I can't help but like him. Reminds me of what could have been."

Jaro Kalogreant - "A useful fighter, yes, but I can't help but wonder; After all of this is done, the gods banished and Renalta restored, what would be his purpose? Can one damned to never take off their armor ever adjust to a world where danger does not lurk around at all times? It may just be a mercy to end his miserable existence once and for all."

Kalamn Weller - "Rough and tumble, has probably spilled guts on at least one occasion. Of all the shmucks Kouri brought along she may be the only one I trust to be able to take a hit and not start whining. Plus I can't help but feel camaraderie with a fellow wounded warrior."

Zhong LiWei - "A strange foreigner with something to hide, why else would he be so bizarrely polite?"

Tahlia and Faolan Wether - "A curious pair."

Amaia Nekane - "I should hate her by all accounts; She's petty, cowardly, would probably put a knife in my back for the chance to bed, well, anyone. But I can't help but find a woman so openly selfish to be anything but endearing."

Hanus Wolfblood - "The other 'not really a ranger, but gives them a lot of money so they let him hang around' guy. That's were all similarity ends though. Well, I guess there's also our grim view of the world, pasts touched with heavy volumes of violence, our pride in martial abilities, our- You know what, forget what I just said. We're pretty much the same, give or take a few hundred years of age."

James Moriarty - "One one hand, he's an extremely useful asset who's power over illusions and trickery is one of the reasons the rangers have not been found out. On the other hand, he's an insufferable buffoon who's circus act of a personality almost drives me to throttle him whenever he speaks."

Alexander Rueman - Almost as mercenary as they come, knows his stuff and may just be the most dependable warrior I know. The only thing I can really dislike about him is his similarities to myself.

Ole Fischer - Oh, look at this old fool. A broken soldier who believes he knows what's best for the world and the people within.

Linston Iolin - "A musician apparently so good that he's wanted- Nay, needed on our suicide mission to depose the gods themselves. So great is he that we could not bare to be without his music as we travelled to our almost certain doom. At least, that's the only reasonable explanation for his presence."

Last edited by a moderator:

Wanderer Rahim - "A great big man, perhaps the biggest I've ever seen. If this were his only notable trait I might just thought the greatest thing ever let into the compound, however he manages to soil that by being so very, very naive. If I could penetrate his thick skull I'd would undoubtedly have a very useful ally in my cause, as it stands though he's just another brute."

I'd like to think that Rahim is already proving this a little wrong :P

Because I am a filthy, lecherous whore who couldn't sleep last night.

[Discliamer: These opinions belong to Rahim. They are not just, fair, or even rational at times. They are mostly based on the limited interactions that have been observed or, failing that, appearance based things and stuff that could conceivably have been 'overheard'. Failing that; pure instinct.]

[ * ]​

Kouri - "The Ice-Shaman who people call a Princess. Lots of people give themselves titles: Warlord, Crown-Prince, Sheriff, King…All of them are empty titles without something to back them up. This woman managed to do some maddening magical feat, and convince an entire group of strangers to follow her. This…Kouri is worth following; but not because she has a fancy name." [Impressed, Intrigued by, and intending to follow for the meantime.]

Mikan - "A strange woman. She is hiding much, although I would be false if I said she was the only one trying to hide things. She reminds me of the more…pleasant parts of my home land. I don't know if she belongs on this journey, but she certainly deserves to try." [Likes her, but is aware that she isn't being forthright yet, and thus cannot fully trust her.]

Marcus - "He is legitimately one of the most terrifying warriors I've ever met. He is strong, intelligent, and seemingly loyal to a fault when it comes to the Ice-Shaman. I hope to learn from him, and he gives me more than enough reason to stay with the Princess' quest, if my curiosity ever becomes sated." [Impressed, already warming to the idea of him as a teacher.]

Hanus Wolfblood - "Don't tell anyone this, but he intimidates me a little. My spine tingles when I see him; like when your eyes meet those of a hunter." [Intimidated, and does not have enough knowledge to judge him as anything more than a potential threat.]

James Moriarty - "A flashy man, and a confusing man. I do not understand what he wants. It worries me when I don't understand what people want." [Does not have enough information to make an informed decision. First instinct is that of distrust.]

Samuel Mourn the 4th - "He seems like a man in his own little world. Does he think himself above the others in the group? He will die like everyone else if an arrow lands in his chest, or a blade pierces his back. He would do well to remember that Shamans don't do well when they are paste…His lizard seems nice." [Dislikes, due to the aloof and haughty nature of the character.]

Kasienka Ellarian - "The Elf. The elf…I don't really understand the elf. She seems content with whatever it is she is doing; but I don't know what that is. I suppose I shall learn as I travel with her?" [Doesn't have much information to go off of. First instinct is to distrust her; but she's already taken steps to make her more trustworthy than James.]

Wanderer Rahim - "Kill the weakness, strive for purpose, achieve more." […Trusts implicitly?]

Sisera del Azul - "I do not believe in coincidences. I do not trust fate. I do not trust you." [Dislikes. The timing of his reunion was too perfect.]

Dean Hanson - "He seems…nice? He does not seem that special to me. Perhaps a little foolish, for jumping into a lake after a woman who stabbed the first person who approached her, but at least he seems trustworthy." [Thinks naive, but respectable.]

Baldrik Larsson - "You are everything I despise, and I wish to have nothing to do with you." [Hates beyond rationality. Reminds Rahim of the stereotype that he is trying to subvert, and thus is a constant reminder of what he fears the most.]

Pat Quinn - "I…don't understand why you are here." [Confusion, more than anything.]

Jaro Kalogreant - "The fighter in the armour? He seems quiet, but otherwise fine. I wonder if he would mind sparing." [No information to go off of, although his position is elevated due to his proximity with Marcus.]

Kalemn Weller - "She didn't cause a scene at the river, and she clearly has war-wounds. That makes her smarter than most; it also makes her elusive. She is a threat, but she doesn't feel like a danger." [Doesn't have much to go off of. Respectfully cautious around the stranger.]

Zhong LiWei - "He seems nice. Perhaps too nice for a quest like this. Another one with secrets, it seems." [First meeting was cryptic, but he finds the man agreeable.]

Tahlia and Faolan Wether - "The woman was elusive, and liked to pry. The dog was over-brash, and aggressive to the point of being dangerous. The way they seem to be so close is…disconcerting." [First meeting was strangely hostile, and he doesn't appreciate Faolan's attempts to aggress towards his food.]

Amaia Nekane - "She is an idiot. She thought me an elf, by her use of a racial slur; and she attacked a man in armour with a tiny dagger. She will probably die very quickly. If she doesn't? I will kill her from my mind." [Dislikes. First meeting was aggressive and the woman has shown no useful skills or appealing personality traits.]

Alexander Rueman – "He is a man…He models himself as a teacher; but has yet to prove it. I would like to test him soon." [Doesn't have enough information. Initial instinct is completely indifferent. He sees Alex as an inferior version of Marcus.]

Ole Fischer – "The man talks like a conman, but is built like a fighter. His arm is strange though. I shall challenge him to fight soon. That is a much better way to learn about people." [Isn't satisfied with the limited information he has thus far. Instincts tell him not to trust him.]

Linston Iolin – "You look like a dainty flower, and you fight like a mewling cub. How will you protect the Ice-Shaman? How would you protect an injured ally? How would you protect yourself? The answer is simple; you won't. You'll get yourself or, spirits forbid, someone else killed. [Distrusts. Doesn't provide anything useful in combat, and Rahim doesn't much understand the value of Illusion magic much yet.]

[ * ]​

In order to make myself feel unique and original and edgy I've decided to add a 'Top 3' and a 'Bottom 3' with a slightly expanded rational from the writer's perspective, as opposed to the characters. Once again, I highlight the disclaimer. I love you all in a sexless, boring way.

Top 3
  1. Marcus - Unsurprising, considering Rahim has spent the majority of his time (and thus, my focus) in the Tiefling's presence. Marcus presents a lot of things Rahim desires: he is a male role-model; he is more than just a competent role-model, he is a teacher-figure; and he is a creature who Rahim thinks he understands. Rahim thinks Marcus is a strong, loyal man who is more than just his service. He is a man who could easily stand as an Alpha amongst his peers, and instead chooses to be faithful and useful. Rahim strives for something similar, so Marcus' presence is an obvious boon for both Rahim's continued growth as a fighter and a person, and a reason to continue following Kouri, who he is currently following more out of curiosity and hope than any ideological link.
  2. Mikan - Unlike many people, who seem to approach Rahim with a level of disdain or pre-disposed expectations, Mikan treated Rahim like a person almost instantly. The two characters share a lot of similarities which Rahim finds appealing: They both seem to have secrets, although Rahim's are most certainly of smaller scale and scope than Mikan's; they both seem to be running from something, although Rahim is running from his own perceived faults while Mikan is seemingly running from something real and present; and they both seem to value a certain free-spirited-ness that appeal to both characters. Mikan, to Rahim at least, is a glimpse of his home culture's best parts. It is the freedom and the loving passion and the desire to be, without the expectations and the judgement.
  3. Zhong LiWei - eking out the honourary mention by a hair's bredth, LiWei is another man who treated Rahim with instant respect and without threat. They shared a peaceful, enjoyable conversation; and LiWei remained honest and fair throughout the entire conversation. He did absolutely nothing to earn Rahim's ire, and did many things to help build a rapport. I wouldn't say that Rahim trusts LiWei yet, but he certainly likes the man.
Honourary Mention - Kouri - Rahim has an immense amount of respect for Kouri because she is powerful, charismatic and interesting. Unfortunately, he has yet to actually have a conversation with her, and a part of him is aware that his respect for her is almost certainly inflated by his Amazonian social norms. In a world where Kouri was a Prince, Rahim wouldn't care about her...him...shit.
Bottom 3
  1. Baldrik Larsson - Let me preface this by highlighting something very important. Rahim's opinion of Baldrik is not based on rational reasons, nor is it by any means fair. It is a prejudice against someone who probably doesn't deserve it. Now, that we've got that stuff out the way: Rahim despises everything that Baldrik stands for. Baldrik is a reminder of everything Rahim is trying to escape; a subservience to powerful women which makes him a dependent on that person for their existence. Rahim sees Baldrik as a Beta-man to Kouri. His entire existence seems to revolve around Kouri in an almost parasitic kind of way. This is the key, and perhaps one of the very few, distinctions between Marcus and Baldrik. Marcus' relationship with Kouri is not parasitic. Rahim sees him as a person beyond his devotion for Kouri. He sees Marcus as a noble warrior, and a teacher, and perhaps even a friend. In Baldrik, Rahim sees nothing but a man whose existence is so utterly dependent on Kouri that it borders on the obscene.
  2. Amaia Nekane - This one should be pretty obvious. Amaia is untrustworthy, has attempted to insult Rahim, and has no obvious skills worth talking about. Rahim thinks Amaia is a waste of space, and until he is proven otherwise; will continue to resent her as a useless hanger-on.
  3. Linston Iolin - Much like Amaia, Rahim sees Linston as a waste of space. He would likely be above Amaia in this little list, if not for the fact that Amaia insulted him personally.
Honourary Mention - Sisera del Azul - It was hard cutting this one down to a single mention. It was a close toss-up between Sisera and Hanus Wolfblood. Both characters represent a threat that Rahim does not understand, and does not know how to deal with. The clincher was this: Hanus represents an instinctual distrust, his instincts are telling him that Hanus feels like some sort of predator. On the other hand, Sisera feels like a trap. Rahim sees Sisera's arrival and appearance to both be suspect. Of all the times that Sisera could appear in the thousand years since Renalta's fall, he chooses then to appear at Kouri's side? As a man who doesn't trust coincidence, that smells like nothing but danger.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my defense, I literally just copied Snakey's formatting because I'm lazy scum.

@Snakey is right, these character first impressions are pretty normal, and usually I'm the first to do them. I'll go ahead and punt them out here. Use these to get a general idea of first impressions. A window into which you can see what each NPC initially thinks of your characters.

• Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th: "Your behaviour towards me borders on boorish, yet it has elements of sincerity. I know your kind: Marry first, learn to love after. I come from an opposing school of thought. Your attempts to sway me are certainly the most obvious, but will they be the ones to win my heart?... Maybe. It will depend on what I see of you toward others." (Cautious but receptive, spots a potential romance.)

Kasienka Ellarian: "Kind hearted woman, so far from home. It's a true shame, the burden you bear on your shoulders as a member of The Tragedy Race. I'd like to imagine I know how such burdens feel. I will be able to trust your healing hand both for the heart and the body." (Receptive, empathetic.)

Wanderer Rahim: "A large warrior from a culture far removed from my own, and seemingly, everyone else here. I am almost thankful you know nothing of my tale. I can only hope you understand the danger the Gods pose to us all. Your hesitation to harm women is quaint, even by my standards." (Amused, curious, thankful.)

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta: "My old friend, my old mentor... What have they done to you? Why do you stand so distant from me? Why do you look away when I struggle? Why do you impose your own loneliness?" (Concern, empathetic.)

Dean Hansen: "You stand and fight, and you perhaps even fight well, though I have yet to witness it. You would be a good example of Renaltan citizenry, if you only knew what it was you were fighting for beyond coin and glory... I can only hope that if you should see me as the reason to fight, that I not fail your expectations of leadership." (Sees potential, uncertain of his motivations, burdened with responsibility.)

Baldrik Larsson: "Do you sincerely look upon me as a figure of religious zealotry? As a Godess in mortal form? You called me a Messiah... I fear that I cannot achieve what it is you see in me. I fear how you will react when your idolatry fails you. I'm not certain if those eyes that look upon me with worship are entirely pure of thought, either... I'm not sure I'm averse to such things, but I need to know that you won't become the very monster that tried to destroy that which he could not have." (Cautious but receptive, spots a potential romance, fears his blind faith leading to something far worse.)

Pat Quinn: "A postman is accompanying me on my journey? I will not decline the aid, but, I'm not certain what you seek to gain in this? Perhaps the knowledge of a courier could be useful, however, I am not the person to know such things." (Confused, but appreciative.)

Jaro Kalogreant: "Der edle Ritter war gebrochen. Ich bin für Ihr Leiden zu können, was auch immer es war. Wenn es eine Möglichkeit gibt, Ihre Schmerzen zu lindern, würde ich das Wissen gern gesehen, so kann es auf sich einwirken, wenn dieser Konflikt vorbei ist. (The noble knight was broken in some way. I am sorry for your suffering, whatever it was. If there is some way to ease your pain, I would welcome the knowledge, so it can be acted upon when this conflict is over.)" (Concern, empathetic, appreciative.)

Kalemn Weller: "You must have led a strange life as a sellsword in these lands. Even from what little I know, you could not have possessed much work. Unless you work for something other than coin?" (Kouri is naive, curious.)

Zhong LiWei: "A foreigner from a foreign land, come here to see the sights? I'm not sure I entirely buy it. There's something more to you, with your magic. There's something about it that just seems off. The way you bandage your limbs does not go unnoticed either. I've seen the way you look at me: Is that curiosity, or something more? I'm not sure I object to either, I just wish I could know you better." (Curious, spots a potential romance.)

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef: "You and your wolf have such a marvelously close connection! I wonder if it has anything to do with druidic magic?" (Kouri is naive, curious.)

Amaia Nekane: "Your eyes betray other intentions, and your tongue seems to move swifter than your mind, with the sharpness of daggers you should wield with far greater caution than you do... Yet, I see potential. Your honesty about how you conduct yourself and your heart are appreciated, but close certain doors." (Cautious, romance denied.)

Alexander Reuman: "You must know that at some point, we will engage in conflict with your countrymen? Does this not bother you? You will fight for my cause, so readily, against the masters you once served? We have more in common than you most likely realize. I will look to your great skill in warfare for advice. Vielen Dank für Ihre offenen Worte und das Fehlen von Götzendienst , aber denke nicht an mich wie ein Kind zu sprechen. (I appreciate your open words and the lack of idolatry, but think not to speak to me like a child.)" (Camaraderie, student-mentor relationship, appreciates the blunt honesty on the condition of maintaining her own pride.)

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer: "Your eyes betray certain thoughts that will not be fulfilled. Your background does not bother me, like it might some others: A self-made man is a great thing, so long as they don't lose their heart in faux wealth." (Cautious, appreciative of his contributions to the King's Rangers.)

Linston Iolin: "A musician, and story-teller? I wonder if you've told my story before. Your words may win the key to the commoner's locks, but if you were to wish such a fate with me, you'll find I'm far more sly than most. Your knowledge of legends and your natural inclination to diplomacy and deception may prove useful, but it also means I can't trust you, until you prove yourself worthy of it." (Cautious, spots a potential romance, curious.)

Kouri of Renalta: "I should know better than to stare at myself in a mirror. I'm not sure I like what stares back at me." (Sorrow.)

Mikan: "There's far more to you than you let on, and yet you make yourself so easy for others to catch. You spend so much time making yourself wings to fly with, yet willingly throw yourself in a cage when another's eyes catch you. You are so many contradictions, and I know not your motivation for following me. I'm not sure you know, either. Still, you seem like a person without a home... I know this feeling. Such feelings, however, will not permit your tongue passage to the places your eyes wander toward." (Cautious, distrustful, empathetic, denied romance.)

Marcus: "You are loyal to me without question, and believed my claim from the beginning, and yet unlike the other King's Rangers, you do not follow silently. There's something more to you than your loyalty. Yet, I trust you. We are allies in a greater war." (Camaraderie, student-mentor relationship.)

Hanus Wolfblood: "You funded the King's Rangers, and for that, I'm grateful. However, I must inquire: Why? What do you get out of this? You don't seem interested in my hand, and you seem to have no direct reason to defeat the Gods, so why follow me? Your people are new to me: I knew little of them beyond mere existence, and that's doubly true now." (Confused, curious.)

James Moriarty: "You're a strange one. Your words are a game of arts and hidden meanings. You disguise consequences behind a visage of promises. You'd make for a threatening politician in my time, but in this time, you're little more than a carnival peddler. Scio enim te Beatricem magica nigra. Ut mecum experiri cupiens tibi desinet. (I know what dark magic you used for Beatrice. Try anything like that with me and I will end you.)" (Distrustful, dislikes, curious, recognizes talents.)
  • Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th: "Handsome little man with a handsome little plan for a beautiful princess of legends. Your magic is frightening, but, I like the giant lizard. It is a lizard, right?... Oh, you're already flirting with the princess again. Sie befinden sich in über dem Kopf, Idiot. (You're in over your head, idiot.)" (Neutral, amused, fears his magic, fascinated by his lizard mount.)

Kasienka Ellarian: "Ooooh, you're cute. You've got a healer's touch and so many years of experience behind you, and yet you still look so pretty as to bewilder me and tie my tongue. Mein Herz flattert, und ich werde versuchen, bis Sie sehen, ich bin kein Kind. (My heart flutters, and I'll keep trying until you see I'm not a child.)" (Attracted, wants to prove herself, looks up to her.)

Wanderer Rahim: "You know what they say about big hands, big guy... Wait, you don't? Well, I'll be sure to show you later. It's just a shame you ain't got nothing worth knicking though. Gonna be all fun and I'll have nothing to remember it by. Sigh... Though, I like the way you treat women. I could really dig that, after a while, you know. After someone teaches you why money is AMAZING!" (Attracted, appreciates his views, possible romance.)

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta: "You're the kind of mark that winds up murdering a street rat like me several weeks later over a case of mistaken identity. You've got more dents in your head than a house wife to a drunken noble has bruises. By The Mother, did you even try to visit a healer for those scars? Do you just parade them about as some sort of fetishistic ornament? Your black magic with smoke is not helping!... And I'm supposed to believe that you got as fucked up as you are and just happened to find Kouri now? Sind Sie verdammt ernst? (Are you fucking serious?)" (Fear, disgust, disbelief, pity.)

Dean Hansen: "Aha, someone so handsome like you, so far from their mentor. A hero in the making, who is probably aiming for higher things than a street rat... But, maybe?... Maybe... I dunno. Ich bin ein Idiot für sogar darüber nachgedacht. Wahrscheinlich nur ein weiterer Söldner, kommen und gehen. (I'm an idiot for even thinking about this. Probably just another mercenary who will come and go.)" (Attracted, admires, possible romance, lacks the confidence to pursue it seriously.)

Baldrik Larsson: "Well, you're just so cute. Thinking all about that one with the blue hair, raised all your life to follow her beck and call. Never once thought about another woman. Es wird Spaß machen, dass in einer Nacht zu ändern. (It'll be fun to change that in a night.)" (Attracted.)

Pat Quinn: "A postman? Does that mean you can read? Can you teach me how to do that? Because I'm none too good with the whole reading business." (Neutral, but curious.)

Jaro Kalogreant: "Bei den Göttern, Sie sind der Stoff, aus dem meine Alpträume. (By the Gods, you are the stuff of my nightmares.)" (Fearful.)

Kalemn Weller: "I know exactly what you do, just the way you eye other people. Just the way you constantly cower away from the scrutiny of others when certain topics appear. You can't hide that from me, and I'm sure the way I eye the coin purses of others gives me away completely to you. Let's just not talk nothin' about each other's professions... Obwohl, wenn Sie ein wenig Spaß auf der Seite sprechen will, bin ich ganz Ohr. (Though, if you want to talk about a little fun on the side, I'm all ears.)" (Attracted, camaraderie, would work with to pursue less than legal ideals.)

Zhong LiWei: "By. The. Father. I have never heard an accent like that in my life, and I have been around. You keep secrets and I'm gonna find them. You're too damn friendly to be anything less than a hoarder of secrets. Besides, you're kinda cute, and I'm sure those bandaged arms of yours could do wonders for the kink in my back." (Attracted, curious.)

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef: "That's a nice pet you have there. How did you tame him?... Ah, no matter. I'm more interested in you though, little miss innocent. You're so shy and so flighty, and... And... Sie tragen so viel Schmerz. Ich kann es sehen jedes Mal wenn Sie den Wolf suchen. Ich will nur dich zu halten und die Schmerzen für eine Nacht weggehen, weil ich weiß, was Schmerz ist wie. (You carry so much pain. I can see it every time you look at the wolf. I just want to hold you and make the pain go away for a night, because I know what pain is like.)" (Attracted, naive about the nature of the wolf, empathetic, the only mage in the party that she doesn't feel some measure of fear over other than Kasienka.)

Amaia Nekane: "Wir sind zwei von einer Art, kokett zu einer Störung. Viel Spaß für eine Nacht, aber erwarten Sie nicht mehr als das. Wir wären nicht gut zueinander. Ein ausgebildeter Dame wie Sie verdient mehr, als eine Straße Ratte überhaupt geben kann. Es tut mir Leid. (We're two of a kind, flirtatious to a fault. A lot of fun for a night, but don't expect more than that. We'd be no good to each other. A trained lady like you deserves more than a street rat can ever give. I'm sorry.)" (Attracted, lack of self-confidence, amused by their similarities.)

Alexander Reuman: "Ich kenne Sie. Wie konnte ich das Aushängeschild der Templer vergessen? Ich glaube nicht, haben vergessen, wie grausam Ihre Art zu mir gewesen ist. Wie viele meiner Kolleginnen und Waisen starb an den blutigen Händen von Psychopathen wie Sie. Ich werde nicht meinen Rücken an Sie wenden. Ich werde Ihnen vertrauen nicht. Verzichten die Götter alles, was Sie mögen, es macht dich nur noch schlimmer in meinen Augen. Immerhin, es ist einfach, tapfer zu sein, wenn Sie in der Platte Mail geschmückt sind und in Opulenz trainiert... Was ich an immer ist, dass man ein Feigling bist, und ich hasse dich, und alles, was du bist.

(I know you. How could I forget the poster child of the Templar? Don't think I've forgotten how cruel your kind has been to mine. How many of my fellow orphans died at the bloody hands of psychopaths like you. I won't turn my back to you. I won't trust you. Renounce the Gods all you like, it just makes you worse in my eyes. After all, it's easy to be brave when you're decked out in plate mail and trained in opulence... What I'm getting at is that you're a coward, and I hate you, and everything that you were.)" (Hatred: Mikan has had friends slain by Crusaders, and it will take a long time for her to see even ex-Crusaders as anything less than monsters in human skin.)

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer: "You got away from poverty and left everyone else behind. I'm glad you enjoy your meals, I just wish you would spare some care for those who have so little... I'm not sure what to think of you, all I know is this: Rich people are assholes, usually." (Cautious. Naturally inclined to pessimism involving the wealthy, wants to be proven wrong.)

Linston Iolin: "Ooh, you play music? I love music! Know any songs in Rheinfelder? I mean, if it's just in common, that's alright too. Ich kann Ihnen ein paar Dinge im Rheinfelder lehren, aber sie könnten auch für Ihre Songs unzüchtige werden. (I can teach you a few things in Rheinfelder, but they might be too lewd for your songs.)" (Attracted, admires.)

Kouri of Renalta: "You invoke so many different feelings, I'm not sure how to feel, but, I know this. The old kingdom, the tales told of it, sang of kindness for those without anything. I... I want to live in that place. I want to live there. I want to be there. I'm sure there's no room for a street rat in your heart. I mean, maybe the bed, but not the heart, I know. I'm not worth nearly that much, but... Maybe... Maybe I can help you get back your kingdom, and through that, find a place I belong. Besides, I owned a plushie of you when I was a child, I adore you!" (Attracted, admires, looks up to her.)

Mikan: "Es gibt nichts, lohnt ein Blick in den Spiegel. Nur einen schmutzigen Spielzeug... Ich bin ein verdammt Feigling. Wenn Kasienka oder Rahim, oder Götter verbieten Kouri haupt wusste, was ich tat, würde sie sicher mich hassen. (There's nothing worth looking for in that mirror. Just a dirty toy... I'm a damn coward. If Kasienka, or Rahim, or Gods forbid Kouri ever knew what I did, they would surely hate me.)" (Remorse, self-loathing.)

Marcus: "You're uh... Something. Something big, red, and all sorts of scary. I'll have fun pushing your patience though." (Neutral.)

Hanus Wolfblood: "You're handsome. So very handsome. So big, black, exotic, and handsome. Those ears, those eyes, those mesmerizing eyes. It's like a spell but without the magic. You gotta know a few things, with those muscles of yours, and those weapons... Okay, we'll just ignore those weapons, but you, you, oh, yes." (Attracted, admires.)

James Moriarty: "You uh, do magic, huh? Yeah, okay, those big fancy spiels you go on, you aren't fooling me. I don't think. Look, you confuse me! I don't even know why you're here! Also, every time I try to touch your stuff, your bird bites me. You have a stupid bird. A stupid, creepy bird." (Cautious, but curious. Somewhat fearful of his magic.)
  • Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th: "A nobleman who relies on magic to resolve all of his problems. Fantastic: You will be entirely useless when we get to Rheinfeld. Your pompous ego is hardly deserving of the titles you carry." (Holds little respect for him.)

Kasienka Ellarian: "A healer who detests violence. You are terribly mismatched for this journey, and I do not envy your task of healing the vast array of idiots who will require your care." (Respects her profession, but not much else.)

Wanderer Rahim: "Fellow warrior, from a land far away. You defy your fate and take your life into your own hands. I like this. I trust that you will know what to do on a battlefield... Though I will need to teach you how to handle some of the more finer points of civilization." (Camaraderie, mentor-student relationship.)

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta: "I trust none of your story, it is too fantastical even for me to believe. Yet, even if it were true, your deranged fits do not reassure me of your ability to serve the princess... I will have to test you. I will have to keep an eye on you. Men do not simply escape the torture of Gods: They're merely set free." (Cautious, pity, uncertain.)

Dean Hansen: "You have so much potential buried underneath so much ego. Ah, how the youth feel the need to be so prideful. I will yet teach you more, when you calm your mind enough to learn." (Amused, wishes to mentor.)

Baldrik Larsson: "Raised in a cult like environment to obsessively worship a woman who should by every right be dead? You'd have made a fine King's Ranger in another life. I will not have to concern myself with your loyalty, though I may have to concern myself with your mind." (Cautious, but glad to have him along.)

Pat Quinn: "We're not here to deliver letters." (Amused, dismissive.)

Jaro Kalogreant: "I know some of your past, though not all of it. We fight side by side, and I greatly enjoy your company. I hope you will accompany us, old friend. Don't leave me with all of these novices and mages." (Camaraderie.)

Kalemn Weller: "You're a little more than a sellsword, but I'll let it pass. Many can redeem themselves from the darker paths of life, I'm certain you can too. Though I'm not certain as to why you are even here, if not but to seek redemption of some sort." (Uncertain.)

Zhong LiWei: "You're not the only foreigner I've met with such odd mannerisms, and strange issue with our tongues. I will not pry into your past, though I cannot help but think you are entirely clueless as to what sort of conflict you are about to be thrown into. We will see if you survive." (Uncertain.)

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef: "Beauty and her beast. Filed under "interesting but unremarkable." Perhaps I will be surprised by these two, but I doubt it." (Dismissive.)

Amaia Nekane: "A rampaging idiot who will get herself killed in her first real fight. Can't say I'll feel badly over it, either." (Disdainful.)

Alexander Reuman: "I've heard of some of your accomplishments from the Rheinfeld King's Rangers' outposts. Your tactical knowledge and martial abilities are quite appreciable. It will be up to us to train those following the princess into something resembling a fighting force." (Camaraderie.)

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer: "Your funding was appreciated and your skills in war are doubtless useful. Others may mock you, but I will gladly accept your aid." (Appreciates.)

Linston Iolin: "I'm sure you can cook for us, and sing loud enough to reveal our campsites to the angels." (Dismissive.)

Kouri of Renalta: "I have sworn my loyalty to you, and you will have it. You are not quite the woman of legend that could destroy entire towns with a flick of her wrist, but you seem worthy of my loyalty at least. I hope you do not crack under the pressure you must be enduring, but realize it will be my job to tell you when you are being a fool." (Loyal, mentor-student relationship.)

Mikan: "We don't need you. Go back to your whorehouse." (Dismissive.)

Marcus: "Staring at myself in the mirror will get nothing done. I have two things to accomplish and I'm getting one of those things done now." (Confident, disciplined.)

Hanus Wolfblood: "You are a rather strange person. I'm not sure what it is you hide, but I'm sure some of your secrets won't last long outside of the King's Rangers. The Commander has been more than compliant for you... Rather strange." (Cautious.)

James Moriarty: "You're a talented man, I'll give you that, but why you have chosen to accompany us mystifies me." (Confused.)

• Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th: "Another nobleman? I wonder if you understand even slightly the vast gap of difference between a noble of my lands, and yours. Yours speak with political diatribes and tea parties. Mine speak with blades. Nonetheless, I can at least appreciate your summons for obtaining the masculinity you obviously lack." (Amused.)

Kasienka Ellarian: "My, but that your indomitable will to ease the suffering of others is nothing less than incredibly admirable. You live for centuries, like I, and will not fade to dust so readily as some of my previous companions have. Krasivyy (beautiful), I would be a fool not to try and find a way past your shell." (Admires, attracted, possible romance.)

Wanderer Rahim: "You are a warrior without cause. I remember what it was like to be so childish once. Yet, I can appreciate your devotion to the art of war." (Amused, admires.)

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta: "A broken man seeks redemption from his sins through saving the one he once aided to raise. Others may disdain you, but I admire it. The determination not to fail is often stronger than the scars. I hope you succeed." (Empathetic, admires.)

Dean Hansen: "Slava gonchaya. (Glory hound.)" (Dismissive.)

Baldrik Larsson: "A single minded man with a single minded cause. I sometimes envy your youthful naivety, but we have little to relate on." (Neutral.)

Pat Quinn: "So... You are here, because?... Why?" (Confused.)

Jaro Kalogreant: "You've lost everything to war, I fear becoming like you, though for entirely different reasons. Yet, it's inspiring that you've found a way to break free of your chains, and become your own person. That redemption is possible, even for monsters like us." (Camaraderie.)

Kalemn Weller: "Khishchnik dolzhen sledit' za yego shag. (The predator should watch its step.)" (Cautious.)

Zhong LiWei: "Lost little man, who wanders the world in search of purpose. Lost little man, who holds many secrets. Lost little man, who is perfectly inconspicuous. Lost little man, who can make so many deals behind closed curtains... I know your connections." (Cautious, distrusts: Saw in secret his conversation with James about disguises.)

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef: "A lamb and her wolf walk the world alone, homeless and loveless. It'd be poetic if it didn't strike so personally grim." (Pity, empathetic.)

Amaia Nekane: "Vrag moyego vraga ne yavlyayetsya moim drugom. (The enemy of my enemy is not my friend.)" (Distrusts.)

Alexander Reuman: "You seek redemption for the things you have done. I know this cause, for I seek it myself. I admire you." (Camaraderie, admires.)

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer: "What are you going to do, exactly? Bribe our enemies? I doubt your loyalty when the Gods threaten your profit margin." (Distrusts.)

Linston Iolin: "A bard knows many tales and many secrets, and knows how to accrue so many more. You will be useful far more than most understand." (Sees potential, admires.)

Kouri of Renalta: "You're a beautiful, powerful youth. You represent far more than you are. In every respect, you have the power to become this world's next messiah, and young Baldrick is not entirely wrong in that respect. Yet, you hesitate. You don't step forth into the role which fate made for you. I have no interest in your body or title, but I am here to see this world be freed from tyrants both big and small. I can only hope you won't be swallowed by your own fears of becoming what you hate." (Empathetic, concerned.)

Mikan: "Perhaps others have missed it, but I have not. Your moves in the training arena go far beyond that of some street scrapper... You've been trained. Trained well, at that: You got for the vital blow and then escape back into the dark. I see through your veil of innocence and whoring, assassin, but I do understand and empathize with your flight from greater powers." (Distrusts, but empathizes.)

Marcus: "You keep your secrets well. Very well. Better than anyone else here. I know so very little about you, yet we've spent weeks in the same base. All I know is a man who keeps secrets that deep, never stops thinking about them... I also know you loathe my kind. An irony, given your circumstances, tiefling." (Amused, cautious.)

Hanus Wolfblood: "Vashego vremeni v ocherednoy raz, staryy pes. (Your time's up, old dog.)" (Without fear of death.)

James Moriarty: "Fear is a powerful motivator. I know it well, but you will find it not affect me. Still, you don't seem malicious. You could have sold the King's Rangers out to the Gods for quite a sum, but you did not. You know my physical condition, and yet you kept it to yourself rather than tip off any of the local witch hunters. You seem more estranged, and perhaps even disturbed by the world you live in. Like a child grasping at the non-existent and demanding it to be real. You are, perhaps, the most idealistic of anyone here. It's also curious, how you refuse to lay a hand on children, in spite of your cold, remorseless view on death as a whole." (Curious, knowledgeable, pity.)

• Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th: "Well, a nobleman who has joined the cause in the name of white horse chivalry. That is about as shocking as the sun rise. Still, I can see potential here for my own schemes." (Sees potential, neutral.)

Kasienka Ellarian: "The elven wench who draws the eyes of admirers for merely prolonging the inevitable, often with fools who don't deserve it. Sickening. She doesn't understand the greater task of improving flawed forms. Hanus is an idiotic fool if he thinks she would ever love a bloodthirsty man like him. Fischer doubly so. I must set to sabotaging these relationships if they get in my way." (Natural rivalry.)

Wanderer Rahim: "My, you're a handsome one. A handsome one with a lot of potential. What an intoxicating combination, don't you agree, Beatrice?" *Caw!* (Admires, attracted, sees potential.)

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta: "A broken mortal stands here before me and expects pity for his grand standing ovations of sorrow. What are you, a stage actor? Go to a healer if your scars are so prolifically painful, you don't have the willpower to survive my gifts." (Pity, disgust.)

Dean Hansen: "So much hatred in you. So much desire to prove yourself. Preening your feathers, looking for power... I'm sure I could find a way to give it to you." (Sees potential.)

Baldrik Larsson: "Oh, you. Yes. You... You are going to get in my way. I have so many important plans. So many that require a certain level of cooperation, which I doubt you and your childish comprehension of morality will provide. Sigh. What a waste of potential." (Dismayed.)

Pat Quinn: "You will be key to some of our disguises. You will know how to forge certain manuscripts, and your lack of general importance means you will be overlooked when trouble comes... You are more useful than what one might first assume." (Appreciates.)

Jaro Kalogreant: "... Wow. Someone far stronger than I had a field day on you... There is nothing I could offer that you would want. Let us skip this one, Beatrice." *Caw!* (Neutral.)

Kalemn Weller: "Finally, someone who understands that morality is flexible. Of course, your version of flexible is a bit... More... Violent, than mine. It can be worked on though. I can appreciate more than that, though. Touch up the scars and, well... We could see where a few bottles of wine leads us. Right, Beatrice?" *Caw!* (Attracted, possible romance.)

Zhong LiWei: "A man of many secrets, makes for an incredible amount of potential. Already we have made such great deals... I look forward to so many more." (Appreciates, sees potential.)

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef: "So innocent, and yet, your hands are so stained... Stained in darker magics you barely understand. I see a great deal of potential in you. Perhaps even so far as to be an apprentice. You have much to learn, and I would deign to teach you away from the prying, judgemental eyes of others... Don't you agree, Beatrice?" *Caw!* (Attracted, potential romance, sees potential, mentor-student relationship.)

Faolan: "Ah, I seem to be one of the few to realize who and what you are... Don't you worry about Tahlia. If we should fail to help you--and, I do mean to help you, that is no lie--but if we should fail... I will be sure to take care of her for you. She will be far less innocent though, so it may be for the best that we help you. Even I would feel badly if your last few memories before going feral were of innocence failing to infidelity." (Pity.)

Amaia Nekane: "Little witch hunter, so easily drawn off the war path by beauty. I would fear you if not for my ability to conjure a hundred different things to sway you to my side with ease. Like puppet work, but... I would rather not. So don't give me a reason." (Pity, cautious.)

Alexander Reuman: "Tsk. Even a little anti-magic disqualifies you from the marvelous world of my gifts. Still, your hatred is something that could be manipulated... Honed, trained, made more valuable. You should take some tips from Rahim." (Cautious, but appreciative.)

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer: "You and I have far more in common than I imagine you would admit. We are both men made by our own two hands, and we both are willing to bend the rules to succeed. My, even but that arm is a wonderful example of fixing what is broken, something I aspire to do. I could even perhaps help you acquire a few things you might want... A new eye, for instance." (Appreciates, camaraderie.)

Linston Iolin: "Oh, a bard. You sing songs and infuse them with magic so ad to stir the loins of women to excitement and to subtlety convince their minds to submit to your nightly whimsy. How trite, but, I can appreciate the simplicity. I'd expect you of all people to understand why some of the rules we are supposed to live by, were made to be broken..." (Appreciates.)

Kouri of Renalta: "I have to protect you, and help guide you away from the ideologically strict and stupefying ways of some of our less mentally sufficient compatriots. You hold the key to the future. A future that I have a direct stake in. I will allow nothing to harm you." (Loyalty, mentor-student relationship.)

Mikan: "You know how terribly flawed you are. A good first step to helping yourself. When you are ready, I will offer you so much more... Don't you agree, Beatrice?" *Caw!* (Attracted, appreciative, mentor-student relationship, possible romance.)

Marcus: "So much hatred boils underneath your red skin, tiefling. You should embrace it, and win for us many easy victories. I could even amplify your effectiveness, if you would just let go of your foolish obsession with your inferior ideology." (Frustrated, sees potential.)

Hanus Wolfblood: "Oh, big and mysterious. My favourite combination. We could do glorious things together. I could give you purpose. Give you power. Give you so much more, if you would just, cease with your age-based superiority complex. I know enough about your people to know that the nobility don't just leave. You left for a reason. A reason I can help with, a reason I can fix. Right, Beatrice?" *Caw!* (Attracted, romance denied by Hanus, frustrated, empathetic.)

James Moriarty: "What a marvelous specimen! Yet, he lacks something... And he does not know what it might be. Yet, he will find it, and save those he has lost. Right, Beatrice?" *Caw!* (Admires himself, but is weighed down by deep failures.)

Note, when Kouri notes a potential romantic interest, that doesn't mean that those she has failed to notice aren't possible. Technically, it's possible with any character (except NPC's), she just hasn't noticed the attempts yet. She can also notice possible romances where none exist. Same goes for the PNPC's, though PNPC's can engage in romantic affairs with each other.

Also, yes, at some point in the future (likely later this week), I'll get NPC sheets done. I know they keep getting delayed, but I figured they were the least important things. All the stuff that affects your characters was most important.

Oh hey look an NPC sees a use for Pat!
Even if it does appear to be as a Patsy.... :p

On another note, I need to Colab with you Brovo. I'll likely throw a PM at you to get it started tonight unless you're awake after I get home. See if I can't shift some of those impressions. :p

Reactions: Brovo and Seba
LiWei's Opinions - opinion harder!

(Little note: Not much romance here. Not because LiWei doesn't seek romance, but he has relatively high standards and wants to know someone before choosing to pursue a relationship with them. He did use to be high class, after all. LiWei's use of the term face relies on the east asian notion of face- that is, respectability/honor/putting on a polite air. To lose face means that something shameful or scandalous has been made public about you, or you were openly disrespected.)

Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th: (Connection, curiosity, chastizement) He seems to be looking for glory or a place in which to carve his name into the stone of history. I'd like to watch him try to scratch. But he's a little too blunt with Kouri- the man should think less with the head between his legs.

Kasienka Ellarian: (Sympathy/pity, Respect for elders) A woman that lives for a long time and gains little knowledge. What's the point of being an elder, if you have no wisdom in which to lead a family? I wonder what she's looking for. She is a healer, that is her duty, but how much does she plan to give up? But if she finds out about my wounds, it'll be bad for us both. I couldn't bear her pity, I think.

Wanderer Rahim: (Mistrust, Appreciation, Friendliness, Curiosity) Rahim, who didn't shrug or hesitate when he saw my shameful marks. As long as he keeps his mouth shut, perhaps we could be good friends. I'd like to know the culture in which he comes from. It's so different from every other culture on these lands.

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta: (Pity like an elderly cat that must be fed slurry, great fear) Poor man. Poor, poor man. I think he was the source of the smell of smoke. I don't like him. I should avoid him. He might be dangerous. He brings back bad memories and I don't know how to comfort his own.

Dean Hansen: (Neutral) Do I know you? No, I do not. I would like to. I wonder how such a man likes secrets- perhaps there's a reason he postures the way he does. I wonder, does such a man bend, or would he snap?

Baldrik Larsson: (Neutral, like an overly excited puppy, Chastizement) The fellow needs to calm down with the poor Kouri. I'm sure the princess is very well used to this, but goodness. Does he really think he has a chance with her, or is he just starstruck? Anyways, I hope he and I could be friends at least. Perhaps I could get to know him better and not judge him so poorly.

Pat Quinn: (Amusement, desires a friendship) This guy's just the average bloke, a bit like me! Maybe we could be great, average, normal buddies. After this is all over, maybe I can help him deliver the mail. That seems like such fun. 樹直用處多,人直朋友多。[Like how a straight tree has many uses, a straight fellow has many friends.]

Jaro Kalogreant: (Caution, extreme curiosity) I've never seen him away from his suit? Perhaps he is his suit? No, no, that's silly... silly... Is it?

Kalemn Weller: (Curiosity, friendly, naivete towards Kalemn's cynicism) I found this one watching the goings on with all the amusement of someone who's seen it all before. I bet she's got plenty of stories to tell, plenty of wisdom to show. I wonder what made her become so numb to such things.

Zhong LiWei: (Regret, Low self-esteem, determination) 屌絲. 屌絲. 屌絲. 不要臉. 找死. 错吗? [In order; deadbeat/loser/no-life. deadbeat/loser/no-life. deadbeat/loser/no-life. One who throws away their face/honor. Asking for trouble (lit. courting death). Am I wrong? (rhetorically, confrontational connotation).]

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef: (Caution, curiosity, friendliness) Wolf and girl. Reminds me of an old folk story. The girl's nice enough. Polite. Friendly. The wolf? I don't know...

Amaia Nekane: (Distaste, some respect) Where does such a woman get such a mouth on her? Who put those ideas in her head? My goodness!

Alexander Reuman: (Neutral, some curiosity regarding his wealth) I don't know you. I'd like to. Where do you get the riches for that armor? I haven't seen some in that quality for a while. Would you like a business partner? I've got plenty of experience.

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer: (Camraderie, desires friendship) You. Your arm. Do you ever feel it, too? As if your arm is still there, but you look down, and it's just the fake one looking back at you. Does it ever ache, where it touches your real skin? Please, I'd like for us to lean on each other a bit. I think, no one else understands.

Linston Iolin: (Neutral) Young. Young. Young. I hope he's got the energy to last. Nothing to do but wait and see. 日久見人心。 [Time will tell.]

Kouri of Renalta: (High respect, great desire to help) I am sorry. I am sorry. 三拜九叩頭禮. [To kneel three times and knock one's head against the earth nine times. A sign of high formal esteem, as if to a newly crowned emperor.]

Mikan: (Neutral, curiosity, friendliness) This woman has so much energy. She acts like a young girl, before the full elegance of womanhood has taken her. Perhaps she would have plenty of stories to tell, to pass the time on the long journey. I should make friends with her.

Marcus: (Respect, desires some mentorship) He has good face, high honor. If he is as honorable as he postures, I wish to be half this man at twice his age. But he'll need others just as well as he. 獨木不成林。 [One tree does not make a forest.]

Hanus Wolfblood: (Caution, curiosity, some pity, desires to get on his good side but not really friendship) This man has lost his nobility. What does he seek and why does he seek it? Why did he lose his noble blood- why doesn't he want to return to that life of luxury? I hope I don't get on his bad side. He doesn't look the type to take well to something he finds disagreeable.

James Moriarty: (Respect, loyalty, desires friendship) He gave me a way to hide my limbs and didn't judge my lack of face. I want to know what bothers him so. That crow can't be all the company he has, could she? I owe him at least some way to release his tensions.

Reactions: Snakey
Sameul's "1st Impressions"

Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th.: Who's handsome? You are! Yes you are! (Absolute Unconditional Love.)

Kasienka Ellarian.: Looks good for her age, but such a sadness about her. (Curious.)

Wanderer Rahim.: Looks like a very handy person to keep between him and the proverbial rock and hard place. (Respect for martial ability.)

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta.: A bizarre creature. Smells of smoke all the time. (Curiosity, distrust.)

Dean Hansen.: A peasant boy with some skills. Probably a very nice fellow. Would do the right thing most likely. (Respects, Camaraderie, May treat almost like a little brother.)

Baldrik Larsson.: Relentless fellow, lacks the naivety of Dean, but probably a more experienced companion if a bar fight goes bad. (Respects.)

Pat Quinn.: An interesting if strange little man with a clever spirit. (Respects, Could even be friends with.)

Jaro Kalogreant.: An unfortunate soul in the extreme, but I must remember to resist knocking on that armour. Smells a little musty. (Disquiet, Pity, Curiosity.)

Kalemn Weller. A bandit if ever I saw one. Also in dire need of a bath... (Distrust.)

Zhong LiWei.: A curious foreign fellow who has much to learn about our world, but possibly much to teach about his own. Never be afraid to get the opinion of an outsider who can judge without natural prejudgements. (Respect, Curious, would value input.)

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef.: A most curious woman. Has no other judgements at this time. (Curiosity)

Amaia Nekane.: Pretty enough, and probably handy in case of a monster. May get to know later. (Respects, Curiosity)

Alexander Reuman.: Another good soldier. Has experience, and maybe some world-wise knowledge. (Respects.)

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer.: A moneyed man. But can he be trusted? (Curiosity, Distrust.)

Linston Iolin.: If he had a noble title i'd probably think he was some sort of fop or toady for somebody. (Indifference.)

Kouri: An elegant beautiful woman of perfectly acceptable pedigree, though she carries a sadness about her, but who wouldn't? (Utmost Respect, Romantic Interest, Political Interest, Below the waist interest.)

Mikan: Oh what a curious little female. Like a butterfly with knives flitting from object of interest to object of interest, but when she stands still long enough there is such a core of suspicion and fear. (Curiosity, could almost see as a little sister.)

Marcus: A man whose duty has seen him live long enough to lose his basis of power. And a man who loses his power to a slip of a woman that he probably believed no longer existed and never would? No, when his interests and Kouri's diverge, he will attempt to take control of the situation. I've seen it happen before. (Utter distrust.)

Hanus Wolfblood: A curious man, a man to be cautious about, Hanus would probably see little wrong with expending allies to further the goals he was after. After all, if that was what it took and I thought it was the right thing to do, so would I. (Caution, Curiosity.)

James Moriarty: An untrustworthy weasel of a man hardly worthy of the name. He'd probably sell his grandmother for a copper coin, work his parents to death for a silver coin or probably even engage lustfully with his own siblings for a gold coin. A little man with petty wishes no doubt. After all, illusionists could not be trusted. (Utter distrust, no small amount of utter disgust.)

I guess I'll get in on the character opinions thing, though most of it should be super obvious based on her biases. Unlike others who have gone with what their character would think if they knew a lot about the characters, I'm basing it off of Amaia's actual knowledge and what she could reasonably have seen or heard about them.

Samuel: "Fucking nobility, always a bunch of prissy cunts. Haven't seen you act quite as awful as the Liverian nobles who came down to the poor streets for a bit of sport, but I've got my eye on you." (Wary, neutral but inclined to dislike.)

Kasienka: "Ugh, elves. Not the worst things out there, but still not human. I guess your healing skills will make you worth tolerating. You're not too hard on the eyes either, if I don't look at the ears." (Racist bias, respects healers, begrudgingly attracted.)

Rahim: "What the fuck are you? You've got the pointed ears, but you're no twig of an elf. I like the bluntness though, and it's kind of adorable how naive you are." (Confused, amused.)

Sisera: "You poor bastard. I don't know what you went through to get those scars, but I don't envy it at all. Seems like it broke more than your body, but at least you survived." (Pity, some respect.)

Dean: "You're a fun one. Not sure if I wanna befriend you or bed you. Maybe both? Either way, it's nice to find someone else in the business of killing monsters who isn't a total bastard. A hard life breeds hard men, but you seem to be doing alright so far." (Friendly, possibly attracted, camaraderie, respect.)

Baldrik: "You remind me of some of the witch hunters I met, and not in a good way. You seem to have just one thing in mind, one thing that rules your whole life. I've seen what can happen when that sort of obsession is directed at a person, and it's not good." (Wary.)

Pat: "So you just deliver letters and such to people? Huh. Could be a fun way to live, sorta like what I do but with less killing. I'm not sure what you can do in case of trouble, but you don't really need any great skill to want to watch a legend unfold." (Neutral.)

Jaro: "You're kinda creepy. Never seen you out of your armor, and you don't really talk much, just sorta.. lurk. Something's not right about you and I don't think I want to know what it is." (Very wary, ignorant of his nature.)

Kalemn: "Well you're a cutthroat if I ever saw one. Maybe some of the pampered idiots don't see what you are, but you don't get those kinds of scars and that look in your eyes without doing some awful things. Dunno what you've done, don't care, just be glad I'm trying to be a better person or I'd do everyone a service and do some unconventional monster slaying." (Hatred, distrust.)

LiWei: "You're foreign, you talk funny, and you're uncomfortably polite. Go away." (Xenophobic bias, mild dislike.)

Tahlia: "Never ever go to Liveria, the witch hunters would kill you without a thought. I wouldn't call you a witch though. You just did what you had to do to save Faolan, and I would've done the same in your place, no question. I'd like to get to know the two of you better, and I wasn't just joking with that offer. Just in case you change your mind." (Sympathetic, friendly, attracted.)

Amaia: "Always gotta keep that brave front up, huh? Yeah, look at that stupid grin, always smiling. Can't let anyone see past the jokes and the flirting and the cockiness to see the lonely little girl who managed to walk out of the gutter but never really left. I know that wall is gonna crumble some day, but not today." (A fun mix of insecurity, self pity, and self loathing.)

Alexander: "I don't like the Templar types, almost as bad as witch hunters. I guess you're not too bad if you left their kind to come join the Rangers, and I've heard you're real honest about what you think and I like that. Time will tell, I guess." (Neutral, curious.)

Fischer: "Rich people are usually assholes. I haven't seen or heard anything that makes you different." (Mild dislike.)

Linston: "Hm, you're kinda cute. Bards are usually entertaining in more than one way. I look forward to finding out how many you know." (Attracted, curious.)

Kouri: "Gosh, you're pretty. Like making it hard to think level of pretty. Uh, other than that, you seem like a nice lady I guess, but you don't really live up to the stories. And you're a princess? I expected you to be more.. princessy. You seem like someone I could've met in some village, aside from the magic. Oh, and uh, sorry about those two times. Y'know, the only two times we've really talked. I'm an asshole and I should learn to identify lines before crossing them."(Attracted, confused, embarrassed.)

Mikan: "You're too cute to be a Rheinfelder. You're also lots of fun, even when we were having that little duel. It's always amusing to find someone who'll match me flirt for flirt, even if it involves getting kicked in the face in the process. I can tell you've been through some shit, and I think you're a lot like me, hiding all that behind a wall that keeps others from looking further. We'd probably a complete mess together if we were gonna try for a relationship, but I don't think either of us is dumb enough to try to be more than friends with a bit of fun on the side. As long as my bed's not already occupied, you're always welcome to come spend the night with me, even if it's just for the company and nothing more." (Attracted, friendly, sympathetic.)

Marcus: "Demonspawn scum. You're lucky I was only trying to distract you with those knives before. All your armor wouldn't do anything for a knife in the eye." (Racist bias, dislikes.)

Hanus: "Dark elves: like normal elves but worse. I'd prefer you and your kind remained in the Abyss." (Racist bias, wary.)

James: "I'm not sure if you're a witch or just eccentric. I've seen people who look kind and gentle turn out to be monstrous abominations corrupted by their magic, and I've seen gross people turn out to be healers and such. You could be the second sort, but sometimes looks don't deceive." (Wary, curious.)

Reactions: Snakey
Kalemn: "Well you're a cutthroat if I ever saw one. Maybe some of the pampered idiots don't see what you are, but you don't get those kinds of scars and that look in your eyes without doing some awful things. Dunno what you've done, don't care, just be glad I'm trying to be a better person or I'd do everyone a service and do some unconventional monster slaying." (Hatred, distrust.)

Bae <3

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Here goes! Much like Jorick, I'm going for the current IC opinion each of my characters has. For some, this means there's really no opinion at all, sorry. This is especially true for Faolan, who much prefers to judge by actions rather than appearances.

That being said, at such an early stage, opinions will likely change quickly.
  • Kouri: "I understand why you did as you did, and to be honest, a part of me might have done the same. But all those people, they were your responsibility, and you let them down. I respect you as a person, not as a leader—I only hope you'll be able to change that."
    • Hmph. Seems kind enough, and certainly not above those who lay their faith upon her. A woman I can trust.
  • Mikan: "I may not yet know you, but I can recognize the accent of my countrykin. Despite your apparent confidence, you seem young, far too young for such a journey. If ever you need a shoulder to lean on, Rheinfelder, I am here to pray for you."
  • Marcus: "Fitting that a devilspawn partake in a war against the heavens. Aggressive, violent even. Keep your distance, and we shouldn't have any problems."
    • I respect your prowess, and your willingness to teach. Something tells me you will be the true champion to lead us, not the young Princess.
  • Samuel Mourn the IVth: "Intelligent or not, I hope you treat that lizard right."
    • I don't care what they are—if those 'pets' have any measure of sapience, they deserve more than slavery.
  • Kasienka Ellarian: "Ahh, an elf! I've always wondered what it must be like to live so long, to be one with nature! Forgive me for staring, you're just so captivating." She hesitates, thinking. "But, for one who lives so long... Why is it that you stand alone?"
    • With every touch, you soothe; with every word, you calm. These tired bones could use a healing hand.
  • Wanderer Rahim: "Callous, impolite, and not particularly intelligent," She grumbles. "Why the hells do I find you so attractive?"
    • I thought you a brute at first—but in the arena, you recognized your failings. I might not like you, yet, but you have my respect at least. When things go to shit, expect me to be at your side, even if I have to drag Tahlia there myself.
  • Sisera del Azul: "A more broken man I've never seen. I can do nothing for your body, but maybe I can heal your mind."
    • Don't bother, he's far beyond your prayers. And the smoke! Consider me a smoke-free environment—back off.
  • Dean Hansen: "Young, but smart. I don't want you hurt, and thankfully, you seem capable enough to hold your own. I look forward to getting to know you better—just don't be getting any ideas, now."
    • Fine warrior, but too reckless. I saw your 'duel' with Marcus—a missed opportunity. Still, we've got your back, kid. And don't worry about her teasing—it means she likes you.
  • Baldrik Larsson: "Saw you at the lake, and all I can think is what the hells happened to your arm? If that's some kind of demonic infection... I've never performed an exorcism before. At least, not that kind of exorcism." She ponders that for a moment. "Let's not risk it."
  • Pat Quinn: "You look familiar, from the lake. Can't say you stuck out much, but at this point, I'm thinking that's a good thing."
    • A man good to his horse is a good man, period. I'll resist the temptation to eat her.
  • Jaro Kalogreant: "There's something wrong about you, I know it. I've never felt a soul like yours... And I don't think I like it."
    • I do not smell the stench of human flesh within that shell of metal. Is it even alive? At the very least, it seems to be loyal enough.
  • Kalemn Weller: "Quiet. Hiding secrets like the rest of us, no doubt. From the state of her body, she seems to have suffered much, and it has left her bitter. If I can break through, she need not suffer alone."
    • Her battle scars mark her as feral as I. A true survivor. What this says of her loyalty is hard to tell.
  • Zhong LiWei: "A sweet, if odd, man. Perhaps a little too innocent for his own good. I almost want to see how far he can be pushed..."
  • Tahlia Wether: "Only I can forgive myself for my sins. And I don't think I'm ready to do that."
    • You're the one who always pulls me from the brink, who keeps me sane. My fate is not your failure. Any guilt you feel is undeserved.
  • Faolan Wether: "You're all I have left, but you always give, and all I do is take. I never meant to take from you your humanity."
    • I have grown used to this form. She needs me more than ever, and I'll be damned if I'm not man enough to be there for her.
  • Amaia Nekane: "I like what I see, I like what I hear. Your past is a little intimidating—but you stayed the night. A little companionship can go a long way." She blushes. "And I won't deny it, you do have a certain charm about you."
    • Entertaining woman, and attractive to boot. I'll try not to get ahead of myself here, but Tahlia could do a lot worse for her first friend.
  • Hanus Wolfblood: "A good man, worthy of trust. I hope he finds his purpose in this quest."
  • James Moriarty: "He scares me. I don't know why. The way he looks at us, at me... I want to believe he has our well-being at heart, I really do."
    • Something feels off about you. I must admit, I dislike illusions. But I will learn to trust you.
  • Beatrice: "I thought you were just a crow, but now... Is this Faolan's fate? To be lost to madness?"
    • Looks like a dumb bird to me.
  • Alexander Reuman: "So you're to join us? Any Rheinfelder is welcome to me. You seem to know what you're doing, at least, and the Princess will need all the help she can get in that department."
  • Ole Fischer: "I'm not sure I want to know how expensive that arm is."
  • Linston Iolin: "I'd love to hear a song. It's been so long since I've heard music, out in the wilds."
  • Gregory: "Your ruthlessness reminds me of the Templar. I'm not sure what place you'll have in whatever the world becomes should we succeed—I'm actually happy you won't be joining us. A good ally to be wary of."

Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th: He carries himself so highly, each step has been practiced and thought through. He is a noble to the very core. I have known many like him throughout the years; they do not change. Yet this one… this one seems to have an aura about him that I would love to learn from. (Curious, Defies her expectations)

Kasienka Ellarian: Dame calme, dame fatigué. Qu'avez-vous fait pour votre type? Qu'avez-vous fait bon de se rappeler? Peut-être cela est la raison pour laquelle vous avez oublié. Ceci est la raison pour laquelle vous vous promenez, parce que vous ne pouvez pas supporter de voir le peu que vous faites avec un éclair de magie et une robe de poupée. Tch. ... Non, vous faites plus que cela, et vous le savez. Ne laissez pas la tragédie de votre poison de la course de votre esprit et boueuse votre esprit. Etre genre apporte la bonté de vous.
(Quiet lady, tired lady. What have you done for your kind? What have you done worth remembering? Perhaps this is why you forget. This is why you wander, because you cannot stand to see what little you do with a flash of magic and a doll's gown. Tch. ... No. You do more than that, and you know this. Do not let the tragedy of your race poison your mind and muddy your spirit. Being kind brings kindness to you.) (Tired, Guilt, Optimism)

Wanderer Rahim: Such a large man! Large, but perhaps gentle in spirit. I will have to learn about him. I'm sure there is much he can teach me about this world that I have never known. (Intrigued, Apprehensive)

Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta: Come to me, old man. Let us talk of times you gladly remember. Perhaps I too will be able to recall them. Let me touch your sores and ease their pain. You have done too much good to be in so much pain. (Concern, Nostalgic)

Dean Hansen: A child! You are naught but an infant in this world, yet it has marked you so much. There must be a great plan for you if you have been so far removed so early. (Matronly, Concern)

Baldrik Larsson: Princess Kouri is a miracle of this world, but I worry you will put too much pressure on our young royal. Be gentle with her, good sir. Don't bend her to your fantasies and expectations based on fairy tales.. (Wary, Concern)

Pat Quinn: ... Je ne sais pas. (I do not know) As you will, good sir. I have no explanation for my own journey, so I don't assume to question yours. Hopefully your beliefs are as strong as your mailbag. (Slightly curious)

Jaro Kalogreant: I feel as if I know you from a very different time. I cannot place you. I feel as if I should know you, yet I cannot place it. Why would I know you? (Curious, Anxious, Slight guilt)

Kalemn Weller: Oh dear child! Oh by the gods what has happened to you? Why has this happened to you? I'm sure you hold pride in your markings, but was this necessary for a child to endure? Oh… I do hope you didn't instigate these. I don't want to see provoked bloodshed within the party. (Matronly, Concern, Wary)

Zhong LiWei: Tell me of your lands, of your language. Tell me what is beyond the lands I can walk on. Tell me stories I do not know. I am wary of this world, yet your owrld is still largely a mystery to me. (Intrigued, Eager to befriend)

Tahlia Wether, née Dettlef: I am surrounded by the young. I am surrounded by the tragic young. I don't know your story, or your… partner, as I think it is, but I feel the same guilt around you that I feel around myself when the night is dark and the stars are hidden. Perhaps your fate is why the elven race dies young, so we cannot feel the same sorrow that you do. Yet you continue, and almost thrive. Remarkable. (Matronly, Concern, Admiration)

Amaia Nekane: Tch. You think you know so much of the world. The world owes you nothing if you continue to judge it the way you do. Ridiculous. There is more to this world than that which you can first see, yet you refuse to look further. You only look further when it serves your own, immediate pleasure. How can one so young be so jaded to all until her cunt yearns otherwise? (Contempt)

Alexander Reuman: Another jaded being. You are not as young, but still you do not know the world, but act against it. Can you not see what else there might be, and which will not hurt you? Ah… Well, if nothing else, I must respect your beliefs and the strength and experience behind them. (Respect)

'Sergeant' Ole Fischer: Ah, someone else who can tell me a good story. Tell me of how you garnered your wealth, your patch, your arm. Let me listen to tales I could not know until now. I am tired of the same stories, especially those I lived. You know more than you let on, but do not let it eat at you. (Curiosity, Budding friendship)

Linston Iolin: A smooth talker. Perhaps you will cut through some of the pure brawn of this group, but I worry your tongue will find its ways into the wrong ears if you can be tempted. One so young as you… I worry it would not take much. If you listen to nothing else, I beg you to spare me the songs said to be a thousand years old. I can assure they are that old, but grow quite tiring after the first decade. (Tired, Wary)

Kouri of Renalta: Oh child. You carry so much more than you should on your shoulders, but with such decorum and grace. May you be blessed. May you come to me with your troubles so you don't have to carry them alone. (Motherly, Concern, Sympathy)

Mikan: You're an adorable child. You put up a tough, mature front to get through to the adults, only to revert back to your japes and jabs when you have entered their ring. I worry that what is behind this is entrenched in a sorrow you haven't shared. (Motherly, Sympathy, Worry)

Marcus: I have seen you and your kind before, yet you break the mold. I hope you continue to hold your own mind as we continue our journey. (Respect.)

Hanus Wolfblood: ... You're quite straightforward, but somehow charming about it. I appreciate your honesty and interest. I will keep your secrets, old man, if you would be so kind to let me listen. I only wish to warn you that I will still hold my own judgment, and I'd prefer if you kept your weapons silenced. (Romanced, Intrigued)

James Moriarty: You are the only one in this group who truly comes close to frightening me. You play with magic beyond which should ever be taught. I worry you try too hard to change Fate for your favor. Things must be kept in balance, and I fear you take joy in hitting one scale to watch the contents of the other go flying. Have you never been taught how to play nicely? Is that why you perverted life? Keep that creature away from me, I can do nothing for it. (Distrustful, Dislikes, Anxious, Deeply Concerned)

• Love
Reactions: Firemind and Jorick
Status
Not open for further replies.