The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all, how's everybody doing today? :D I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! <3 Forum update took a bit longer then expected but... I actually expected it to so... lolololol

But yeah forum wise there wasn't much of an update with regards to new features like Fox said but in actuality a revert to the old system we were on. Simply because the last update was an absolutely horrible, terrible mess to try and find rps with. Like, seriously, it was horrible. This is waaaay better.

Yandere Simulator is the greatest thing ever! This Vegeta playthrough is lol

OXENFREE THO LOOKS INCREDIBLE. I NEED TO PLAY THIS

Gonna poooost!!

EDIT: Still in the midst of posting so no posting plsss

Last edited:
There's more "Serious" games in there too. But that one and this one made me laugh quite a bit.

• Love
Reactions: Taerinn
8]

btw

today is apparently a really awesome day for music

a new babymetal song released on itunes for their upcoming new album and it sounds awesome plus

plus

in three days there's a new Ninja Sex Party covers album and it SOUNDS SO GOOD

• Bucket of Rainbows

Another random share.

It's back 8D

Edit: and Tales is done wh D8

• Love
Reactions: Pachamac
What the fudge just as I had my Lute drawing scanned and my Lute chibi pixel thingies commissioned

• Love
Annnnnd that's it!

I didn't post in the ooc sooner because I wanted to savour everyone's tears and reactions but that is indeed it for The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World. This journey began just over three years ago and I honestly never envisioned us possibly getting to the point that we have today. Frankly, it's quite shocking! Three years ago I was in a pretty foul mood when it came towards rping. I had been doing it for well over 10 years by then, and whilst it was always fun it was incredibly frustrating to be a part of an rp that never reached a conclusion. They always ended up dying. And I had enough of it. So three years ago I vowed to myself that it would be the last time I ever tried an rp. Sink or swim. If it failed then I'd move on to another hobby. If it succeeded then... hooray! The problem was however, I never quite expected just how successful it'd become!

A year before this rp started I had tried to run an incarnation of Tales that had, to put it fairly, failed horribly. But that, coupled with the year inbetween iterations gave me ample opportunity to brainstorm out the first chapter in Tabul and some other future devious plot twists to give myself direction (such as the rp's very last concerning Marcus) out, just on the off chance we ever got there. But I never actually imagined we would! And so it was that it became quite successful. The number of rpers I've had request to join and become a member is innumerable (I literally lost count ages ago lol). It was to my shock and horror that we were actually creating and building something great here. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it possible. In the beginning I was scrambling around for a lot ideas but to be completely honest it was a lot easier then I had ever expected, because the people whom I shared this rp with were all the absolute best. The ideas, dedication and inspiration you guys all put into this rp with your characters and writing made leading this ship the most wonderful, worthwhile experience I've ever had. The emotions I've felt whilst being a part of this rp, from elation to laughter, shock and horror and even sadness... it's simply unbelievable, honestly.

I'd be lying if I said this rp hadn't also been a rollercoaster filled with ups and downs, because it was. We've all had quite a few stressful moments. But I think it made us all stronger for it and the rp better then it could have possibly been. A lot of rps struggle to last beyond three weeks. This lasted for over three years with nearly daily posting. That's... that's absolutely unheard of. It might be egotistical to say this but even so I am absolutely convinced that this is the best rp that has ever been made. And that's not because of me, but because of all of you guys. You're all the best friends a guy could ever hope for. It's to you guys I dedicate this rp and give all the love I have to give to. Because if it wasn't for you all, this rp could never have happened.

Here's to The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World. And here's to you all!

"But... but Pach, what the fuck?!" I hear you cry. "This can't be the end! That cliffhanger is... what the fuck?! I know you've been dealing with some rough personal shit lately but... but what the fuck?! It can't end like this!!"

Ohohoho.

I said this is the end of The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World.

And it is.

But it's not the end of our story. Not by a long shot.

We're going to have a bit of a break first for recuperation but we're going to be back, and you're all invited to join me once again on an adventure of a lifetime.
New characters. New players. New adventures. The story continued.

The Legend of Heroes II: Trials by the Light

Violet Skies

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT GAVE ME HAPPY CHILLS

Sorry for being quiet the past couple days, it's been hectic figuring out housing stuff (I've got THREE viewings to run to after work tonight!) but errmygaaaaad you guys LOOK IT THAT "II" AFTER THE TITLE

• Love
lmao Tae |D

Best of luck with the house viewings! I hope it goes okay! :D

• Thank You
What better time than to use this now amirite?

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

Congrats to you Patches and congrats to everyone for the official end to Tales! And then yay for Tales 2.0

I can't believe this is really it. I know I joined this RP later than most (and thank you, Pach, for inviting me in the first place) and I know I left for a bit (and thank you again, all of you, for welcoming me back). This has been an amazing journey, and I've come to really enjoy having this RP in my life and all of you as well. In fact, I've found myself growing restless cause I haven't posted in days haha!

But I know we all need a break, and it will be best for all of us. We'll return for Part 2 rejuvenated and excited.

Thank you for all the great memories, and for all the great stories we've built! I look forward to continuing to explore Ddear with all of you, and can't wait to see what characters we dream up!

And Pach, I want to say something directly to you. You've done great, amazing work! You managed to wrangle all our characters and ideas and built them into such a strong community, and it frankly takes a lot of hard work, skill, and patience. You are the best GM I have ever had, and I mean that from the bottom on my heart.

You're a great friend as well.

See you guys on the other side!

I've watched this at least 20 times. Don't deprive yourselves of this masterpiece.

Also I do agree- I can't say I've heard of any RP more successful and fun than this one! I'm so thankful to have met all y'all beautiful people, and special thanks for Pach for making this all possible c: I won't send u banana cutter pics for a week as thanks.

Aww you guys don't make me cry :')

That Japan video is hilarious <33

Have another hilarious video!

I love that Shia gif <3333

• Bucket of Rainbows
Aww you guys don't make me cry :')
I like how everyone's getting sentimental as if now everyone's leaving forever and there's nothing more lol.

Obviously now is the perfect time for Tales AUs until Tales 2.0/Tales to the second power/Tales squared/Tales times two/ uhh... I'm out of Part 2 puns- keep it going.

Also, I think that's my fave Shia gif. (Maybe because context)

tumblr_mchkjpcAfq1rczddmo1_500.gif

Thanks for making this crazy roller coaster ride possible, Pach <3! It's been amazing. Like Kathi, I'm going to refrain from hurting you with vegetables for awhile. RPing with each and every one of you guys has been an absolute blast and plenty of fun times have been had :D!

The years don't even feel like years at all xD *group hugs all around*

Status
Not open for further replies.