The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you guys feel about having the Tri-Wizard Tournament hosted at Lavaeudeen this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Justaddnutts I asked a few pages back if Hadley could possibly be captain of the Bearglove quidditch team, is that a possibility?

@RainyDays We already have one Werewolf in the mix and I'm very hesitant on adding another...

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
I might need to change Hiromi's position in the quidditch team. I wasn't exactly sure what to put at first. It's way past midnight here, though, so I shall have to do it tomorrow. -w-

@LittleWolfie Sure! Give me a second to throw it up there :)

Reactions: LittleWolfie
@Gladis Your character's so cute! Want to add each other's characters as friends? They're both in Wolfthorn. :)

@HelloBeautifulChild If you'd be so kind as to color block your character sheet you'll be all set to have her added to the list :) I'm going to go ahead and add her to the list since it is a minor thing tho.
I think I just did? By color block do you mean color in the skelly other than like the replys and such or...? If that's wrong I can do whatever color blocking is, just let me know! Sorry!

I think I just did? By color block do you mean color in the skelly other than like the replys and such or...? If that's wrong I can do whatever color blocking is, just let me know! Sorry!
Thats exactly what i wanted! Thank you!

YO, I GOT A QUESTION FOR Y'ALL!

While trying to work on the IC form I've decided I really want to cover what's happen up to this point, in like a time line or chart like below. Major events in the magical and Muggle world, along with the most influential or big gossip of the Lavaeudeen's years. Would you guys like to have input on this? I imagine that i'd NEED you input when it comes to the Lavaeudeen category. however, I could do the magical and muggle categories on my own, if none of y'all want to input.

Also, if anyone want to throw together a class schedule, feel free. Lord knows i'm awful at things like that.

Year↓ Place→ Lavaeudeen MuggleWorld MagicalWorld
Before 2024 ` `
+In the year 2021, a Wizarding Naturlist by the name of Janet Eltmen found the once lost city of atlantist with the help of a pair of mermaids. The mermaid's lead Janet to the lost province when she proved herself to be of worthy of they merfolks trust. The city had been used as a safe haven for quite a few mermaid clans. Janet then proceed to aoil their trust like the dirty human lier she was and told the whole of the wizarding world about her discovery.

+
+After an incident, where almost every toad in the school was placed with in the girl's lavatory in the west wing in the name of a prank, Silva Quants, the Alchemy professor, mauled(more like loudly insisted) over the option of removing toads from the pet list. With in the month this was shot down. This facilitated the actual discussion of the exclusion of felines from Lavaeudeen. At the time there was more students then ever with in the Academy who were severely allergic to feline dander. Many of the students were distraught over the idea that their feline companions would no longer be able to live with them. It was Carver X who finally came to the rescue come end of term, as he developed a rather inexpensive potion to administer to the students come the beginning of term to alleviate allergy symptoms allowing them to keep felines with in the school grounds.

+

+Major earthquakes shake the San Francisco area causing extensive damage to bridge itself. It left several people dead and even more injured. There was traffic congestion for months after the event and many muggles chose to abandon there automobiles.

+
`
+During the year of '25 Foxcrest had the most talented Quidditch team in Foxcrest history. The other houses, well, not so much. This was the year that Foxcrest dominated, making home every win in a year. This was the first time in Lavaeudeen history this had ever happened. They now have a special award to commemorate it.

+
` `
+Thanks to the Foxcrest Take Over of '25 quite a few players resigned from Quidditch all together. So many, in fact, that the sport has to be canceled for the year. This brought many protests from both parents, students, and even faculty alike. Unfortunately nothing could be done. This made the Foxcrest Take Over of '25 not only a point of success but also quite a bit of anger, as it resulted in the Quidditch Hiatus of '26.

+
`
+A small time criminal went out of there way to transfigure the presidents ties into a snake during a address to the public. It was one of the biggest breaches in secrecy form years before. This took quite a bit of time to clear up. And while by the end the mess was cleaned up the muggles still started to unexplainably hold a bigger causation and hatred towards snakes. This greatly dropped the snake population as muggles started killing snakes out of fear up to four months after the incident.

+
2027 +Joke items are banded from the Lavaeudeen grounds after an incident in the east wing faculty lavatories. A British product known as a "WWW Portable Swamp" was set off with in the facilities while in use by Omar Shire, the History of Magic professor, causing mind mental trauma(he refuses to use to restrooms without extensive scans of the facilities) and property damage.

+
` `
2028 `
+A muggle by the name of Emily Wilts manages to find the cure for the common cold while trying to invent a new weight loss pill. She is awarded the noble peace prize. During the award ceremony someone comes sick and spreads the common cold. It becomes great publicity for the new cure.

+
`
2029 `
+South and North Carolina come together to be simply, Carolina. At the same time they are both the last states to legalize gay marriage. Carolina reminds the only state where it is illegal to marry a significant other of a different gender.

+Hawaii breaks away from the United States of America late october, much to the shock of the public.

+
`
Before the start of Term this year, 2030 `
+When the demand for oil skyrockets, the U.S government repeals laws protecting Alaskan Nature and Game reserves to drill for oil. Although the U.S economy rises substantially, multiple ecosystems are disrupted by the heavy industrial drilling. Theres much outrage from liberals and the conservatives are pleased. Per norm.

+
`

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Esmeray
2024: The year a controversy was started about banning certain pets at school.

Hmm, I would think toads and cats. Toads because someone stole all the toads and put them in the girls bathroom, and cats because some students where severally allergic.

I can make a schedule, but i need some info first @Justaddnutts

1)how do you want me to separate it? by year only, by student only, by year and student?

2)what classes were you thinking of for the school or should I just use typical Hogwarts classes?

I like it! It's added. Any other idea, guys? :)

2027: "Novelty" items are banned from school grounds when a Portable Swamp was set off in a toilet while it was in use by an administrator.

I can make a schedule, but i need some info first @Justaddnutts

1)how do you want me to separate it? by year only, by student only, by year and student?

2)what classes were you thinking of for the school or should I just use typical Hogwarts classes?
I imagine it would be by year? I'm not sure what the differences is, sorry!

Classes
~Core Classes~
Charms
Herbology
Transfiguration
Potions
Defense Against the Dark Arts
History of Magic
Astronomy
Flying(first years only)

~Electives~
Study of Ancient Runes
Healing
Magical Theory
Deviations
Care of Magical Creatures
Muggle Studies
Alchemy(sixth and seventh years only)
Apperation(Seventh years only)

~Extra Curricular~
Ancient Studies
Ghoul Studies
Arithmacy
Music
Magical Arts
Earth Magic

these are the classes. the core classes are of course what kids have to take. Electives are classes they can pick to take, if they want. And the Extra Curriculars are classes that are outside of the normal class hours, and you give up for free time to do. They are never held when meals or class times, and are prone to change base on teachers whims

2027: "Novelty" items are banned from school grounds when a Portable Swamp was set off in a toilet while it was in use by an administrator.
Haha, i love it! I'm adding it now

It's been added! Also know student gossip is allowed guys if it would have been widely know throughout the academy.

Alrighty, assuming this school has the same years as hogwarts I will happily post a schedule at some point tomorrow

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Status
Not open for further replies.