The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic

How would you guys feel about having the Tri-Wizard Tournament hosted at Lavaeudeen this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. If anyone is interested, Anthony is open for relationships/friendships etc.

I'll take a look at his CS in a few.

So, earlier characters said what they thought of the other characters? Ok, I'll take for mine now then
Note, this is what the characters think, not me.
Just going to update on this one when I can bother doing the rest.

Jacques:
Cassandra:
Sarah:

Nat
Jacques Harlow
Jacques: Are you seriously making me talk about myself? Well, I'm cool, and obviously loves my sister. Though perhaps I have a bit too much of a mommy-issue?
Cassandra: He's one of those pretty boys who's never gotten dirt under his nails. I hate those guys.
Sarah: His voice is comfortable, and he smells good, but I don't really know him at all. He sort of scare me.

Cassandra Willard
Jacques: she's one of those foolish girls who's going to get her neck broken one day. She looks ok enough, but perhaps too many scars? And she could do well with getting a little less cocky.
Cassandra: *eyeroll* Oh look it's me! The future ruler of the world, adrenalin junkie and adventurer. I'm cool.
Sarah: She's sort of scary... You never know if she'll love you or hate you.

Sarah
Jacques:
Cassandra:
Sarah:

Soñar Gardian
Ember Alexia
Jacques: One of those girls who's good in everything? Don't know her, and probaly won't care to know her. Too busy working on othr things.
Cassandra: Oh god, I hate that girl. She's one of those who's like have to be great at all. Bluh
Sarah: I've never spoken a lot to her, but she seems nice enough.

Xypher Bubbles
Jacques: Who's that... *Confused scratch of head*
Cassandra: He' a child so I mainly ignore
Sarah: Don't know him

Kitsune
Anne Marie Powell (I'll probaly end up writig Ane Marie as I know a girl named that)
Jacques: She's a child, with far too much energy at times.
Cassandra: She's a child, from another house. So do I care? No, I do not. Really. I care nothing for the child, and if she gets in my way, i will not hesitate with throwing her down.
Sarah: She seems sweet enough, but I havent gotten the chance to speak a lot to her. i'd love to know her better.

IceQueen
Aria Tamehama
Jacques: Kid which need someone to kick her out of her way of remaining alone.
Cassandra: Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Did I mention that? It's the little girl which I hate.
Sarah: I don't really know her...

Sungwonc01
Jacques: I don't like him. He gives me the wrong feel whenever I walk past him.
Cassandra: Is it possible to live more borringly? Be suspicious of everyone? Unless you're carying the secrets of the world, open up for gods sake!
Sarah: *Confused* Which one is that?

LittleWolfie
Hadley Harlow
Jacques: My sweet sweet sister! If anyone touches a hair on her head, they'll burn :)
Cassandra: She's cool. I might put her in charge of sports when I take over the world.
Sarah: She smells good.

Samantha
Briodie Romani
Jacques: A bit too much of a popularity girl for my taste.
Cassandra: Pretty enough, but I don't particularly like her.
Sarah: I like speaking to her. She knows how it is to be a muggle.

Reactions: LittleWolfie
So, earlier characters said what they thought of the other characters? Ok, I'll take for mine now then
Note, this is what the characters think, not me.
Just going to update on this one when I can bother doing the rest.

Jacques:
Cassandra:
Sarah:

Nat
Jacques Harlow
Jacques: Are you seriously making me talk about myself? Well, I'm cool, and obviously loves my sister. Though perhaps I have a bit too much of a mommy-issue?
Cassandra: He's one of those pretty boys who's never gotten dirt under his nails. I hate those guys.
Sarah: His voice is comfortable, and he smells good, but I don't really know him at all. He sort of scare me.

Cassandra Willard
Jacques: she's one of those foolish girls who's going to get her neck broken one day. She looks ok enough, but perhaps too many scars? And she could do well with getting a little less cocky.
Cassandra: *eyeroll* Oh look it's me! The future ruler of the world, adrenalin junkie and adventurer. I'm cool.
Sarah: She's sort of scary... You never know if she'll love you or hate you.

Sarah
Jacques:
Cassandra:
Sarah:

Soñar Gardian
Ember Alexia
Jacques: One of those girls who's good in everything? Don't know her, and probaly won't care to know her. Too busy working on othr things.
Cassandra: Oh god, I hate that girl. She's one of those who's like have to be great at all. Bluh
Sarah: I've never spoken a lot to her, but she seems nice enough.

Xypher Bubbles
Jacques: Who's that... *Confused scratch of head*
Cassandra: He' a child so I mainly ignore
Sarah: Don't know him

Kitsune
Anne Marie Powell (I'll probaly end up writig Ane Marie as I know a girl named that)
Jacques: She's a child, with far too much energy at times.
Cassandra: She's a child, from another house. So do I care? No, I do not. Really. I care nothing for the child, and if she gets in my way, i will not hesitate with throwing her down.
Sarah: She seems sweet enough, but I havent gotten the chance to speak a lot to her. i'd love to know her better.

IceQueen
Aria Tamehama
Jacques: Kid which need someone to kick her out of her way of remaining alone.
Cassandra: Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Did I mention that? It's the little girl which I hate.
Sarah: I don't really know her...

Sungwonc01
Jacques: I don't like him. He gives me the wrong feel whenever I walk past him.
Cassandra: Is it possible to live more borringly? Be suspicious of everyone? Unless you're carying the secrets of the world, open up for gods sake!
Sarah: *Confused* Which one is that?

LittleWolfie
Hadley Harlow
Jacques: My sweet sweet sister! If anyone touches a hair on her head, they'll burn :)
Cassandra: She's cool. I might put her in charge of sports when I take over the world.
Sarah: She smells good.

Samantha
Briodie Romani
Jacques: A bit too much of a popularity girl for my taste.
Cassandra: Pretty enough, but I don't particularly like her.
Sarah: I like speaking to her. She knows how it is to be a muggle.
Are you going to include the others? o-o;

I plan on having Thomas be open to anyone. His personality is so mellow that he cant help but get along with anyone.

It said at the top of my post I'll include the rest another time.
OH, I must have missed that xD My bad

zooey-deschanel-perfect-straight-across-bangs-black-hair-color.jpg

(Picture Link)
Name: Sabrina Kastos
Also Known As: Sabrina the Teenaged Witch (It's so funny, ha ha)
Titles: Ms. Kastos
Birthday: June 13
Nationality: United States of America, just outside of Austin, TX in Taylor.
Species: Human/Witch
Blood Status: Muggle-blood
Blood Type: O+
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Past/Bio:
Sabrina was well known in her small town of Taylor, a town outside of Austin, Texas that had one Wallmart in the entire perimiter. Her father owns most of the fast food franchises in the town and is a 'pillar of the community'. Her birth mother was also well known as the town sweetheart, a kind woman who had helped out everyone at some point and taught at the local elementry school. However, she had died giving birth to Sabrina and as much as Sabrina heard about the woman, she had never felt close to her. She was, however, greatful for the life that her birth mother had given her.

When she first got the letter to The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic she was shocked, and instantly the 'Sabrina the Teenaged Witch' title became hers. She took it in stride, 11 year old Sabrina excited to be what she had idoled on tv with her mother. The two of them had bonded over the show when her father married her only 4 years prior and it was exciting that the show was real.

Four days before the start of her first year at The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic her mother died. She was killed in a car crash on her way to take Sabrina to visit her grandparents before school. After losing two mothers Sabrina cracked. She didn't continued to be the bubbly reincarnation of her birth mother but now started a cynical and brutally honest way to being.

Personality:
Sabrina is very straightforward. She is fairly friendly but will say what is on her mind. She has a very point-blank view of the world and does not intend to have her mind changed, unless new information arises. She is knowledge based and will always choose facts and logic over people and emotions.
  • Facts
  • Intelligent People
  • TV Shows
  • Potatoes
Dislikes:
  • Ignorant People
  • Films
  • Sports
  • Ill Fitting Clothing
  • Dogs
Hobbies:
Sabrina likes to play around with Magic, her cat, and frequently uses magic to do so. She also spends much of her time reading.

Fears:
Sabrina fears the death of her father- as he is outnumbered by Wizards and Witches and she knows of the war in Britian that happened. She fears that power will corrupt. She is also terrified of spiders.

Strength:
Sabrina is really good at magical combat. Her logic and quick thinking, as well as her ability to remove emotions from her thought process when she deems needed, allows her to excell. She is also really good at studies in general.

Weakness:
Sabrina is not good at interpersonal relations and has no close friends. She also does not get amazing grades in class as she figured out what she needs to do to not have to do assignments. This keeps her at a B average. ((I'm assuming we're using the American system of grading.))

Talents:
Sabrina is really good at remembering things, a talent she uses when she sings along to music.

Appearance:
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Cup Size: C
  • Skin Tone: Pale White
  • Eye Color: Clear Blue
Hair Description:
  • Color: Deep black
  • Highlights: None, black hair
  • Length: Right past the end of her shoulder blades
  • Style: She has a lot a straight cuts- thick bangs and a single layered look.
  • Worn: She either braids it or keeps it in a pony tail.
Extra:
  • Scars: On her right collar bone line from where it jutted out in the car crash that killed her mother.
  • Piercings: None
  • Tattoos: None
  • Facial Features: Her wide blue eyes would be inviting but they tend to always look like they're trying to read everything, which turns a lot of people off.
  • Scent: She generally smells of strawberries as that is the smell of all of her bath products.
  • Other: She has naturally rose red lips that give her an overall 'Snow White' like appearance.
Relationships:
  • Father: Her father and her have a normal father/daughter relationship. However, two deaths that (in Sabrina's mind) are biased off of her existence have caused her to feel a lot of guilt around her father.
  • Mother: Her birth mother died in birth and her mother ('Step-Mother') died in a car crash.
  • Siblings: Sabrina is an only child but her father has two dogs that he treats very well. Sabrina doesn't like dogs.
  • Relatives: She has relatives but doesn't talk to them much, once every couple of years.
  • Family Line of Work: Her father runs franchises in their small town.
  • Family Background: Her family on her fathers side has always been rich entrepreneurs. Her mother's family is a middle class family with a welcoming attitude. Her birth mother's family does not talk to her much but live in town with her father.
  • Best Friends: N/A
  • Friends: (Looking for.)
  • Love Interest: None at the time. (Looking for.)
  • Enemies: She doesn't bother to have enemies.
Education
  • House: Hawkridge
  • Best Core Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
  • Worst Core Class: Astronomy
  • Elective: Magical Theory
  • Quidditch: No
  • Extra-Curricular: Ancient Studies
Magic
Wand
:
  • Length: 8 1/2"
  • Flexibility: Moderate
  • Wood: Vine
  • Core: Unicorn Hair
Pets: White cat named Magic
Boggart: War
Animagus: She is not an animagus
Patronus: Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas needs to be added to the front page and to the WolfThorn roster.

@Justaddnutts
I have finished both of my characters now, I believe. I hope the way I made them is alright. X3

@SgShallow Sounds good. I'll put the same in, then I think we're done. As for the twins getting more aggressive, that would definitely concern Danny and he'd probably step in if he got wind of it.

@Gladis Aya-chan kawaii ^^ (I don't actually know any Japanese beyond a few scattered words, so my apologies for the grammar or lack thereof) Also: My character, Danny Chance, is a half-japanese metamorphmagus - a shapeshifter with no need for wand or potion to change his form. He is also, in default form, pretty handsome. With Aya's talent for stalking, she seems like just the girl to notice and catch him in the act, forcing him to cut a deal with her to keep her from telling anyone. Does that sound like it could happen to you?
Lol I'm going to use google translate to get their sentences in Japanese. I will be having the English words in brackets besides the Japanese sentence. I just want to have what it would sound like in game written down. :)

Personally, I'm just gonna use italicised wording for Japanese and note it as such in the text. Much simpler. Google Translate is great for words, but never trust it for sentences.

Reactions: Esmeray
Personally, I'm just gonna use italicised wording for Japanese and note it as such in the text. Much simpler. Google Translate is great for words, but never trust it for sentences.
Well google doesn't take into account the grammatical structure of the language. (for example how Japanese last names are stated first rather than lastly.) So translating an entire sentence would be difficult. I'm sure that there are other online translators though that could be found that do the sentencing correctly though.

Man, I've looked. If they exist, they're not easy to find. I've done some translation work myself, Icelandic to English, and it's tricky business even with languages that have some commonality. Often there's no exact translation, or the phrase doesn't work out, or the grammar structure or some other thing means you have to completely rewrite a sentence to get the meaning across. Just make a new one from scratch. Way too complicated for automation.

Man, I've looked. If they exist, they're not easy to find. I've done some translation work myself, Icelandic to English, and it's tricky business even with languages that have some commonality. Often there's no exact translation, or the phrase doesn't work out, or the grammar structure or some other thing means you have to completely rewrite a sentence to get the meaning across. Just make a new one from scratch. Way too complicated for automation.

Heck, Swedish to Danish prove to be a problem in google translate (just tried it out for fun) and then visa versa. It still turned out wrong (AND THESE LANGUAGES ARE SO CLOSE THAT I CAN READ BOTH OF THEM JUST BY KNOWING SWEDISH). XD

I
Heck, Swedish to Danish prove to be a problem in google translate (just tried it out for fun) and then visa versa. It still turned out wrong (AND THESE LANGUAGES ARE SO CLOSE THAT I CAN READ BOTH OF THEM JUST BY KNOWING SWEDISH). XD
i can confirm. Google translate sucks even on the scandinavian languages.

Reactions: Gladis
Ok, google translate can't even get Spanish right. Don't trust them.

Oh, has this started? I remember co-GMing an RP about the Salem Witches' Institution, and this is ringing so many bells!

And my character concept requires a bit of pre-earned trust...I'm thinking of a French girl who joined a year late after being denied access to Beauxbatons due to her Lycanthropy. If anyone would like to be friends with her (Similar to lupin/Sirius/James) beforehand, I would be delighted!

I just love the added difficulty that comes with being a secret werewolf. The changes, the illness before and after, teenage angst from the society's view on lycanthropes and worries for future..not to mention the number of close shaves and odd coincidences that cause people to pry!

After all, it's not just a gimmick; it's a curse. It causes a lot of grief and is very difficult to control, and making friends off the bat would be very difficult.

Oh, has this started? I remember co-GMing an RP about the Salem Witches' Institution, and this is ringing so many bells!

And my character concept requires a bit of pre-earned trust...I'm thinking of a French girl who joined a year late after being denied access to Beauxbatons due to her Lycanthropy. If anyone would like to be friends with her (Similar to lupin/Sirius/James) beforehand, I would be delighted!

I just love the added difficulty that comes with being a secret werewolf. The changes, the illness before and after, teenage angst from the society's view on lycanthropes and worries for future..not to mention the number of close shaves and odd coincidences that cause people to pry!

After all, it's not just a gimmick; it's a curse. It causes a lot of grief and is very difficult to control, and making friends off the bat would be very difficult.
It has not started yet but should be soon @Justaddnutts

How do you feel about her and Ryuu possibly being Pen Pals, and he suggested this school to her after she was denied entry at Beauxbatons?

Status
Not open for further replies.